The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Forums
Brothers To The End - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.orlandogamers.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Games Run By Akirapryde (http://www.orlandogamers.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: New Horizons: Reboot (http://www.orlandogamers.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+---- Forum: Scenes In Between (http://www.orlandogamers.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+---- Thread: Brothers To The End (/showthread.php?tid=419)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Brothers To The End - Jaden_Starchaser - 07-25-2017

Silence filled the room following Duncan's announcement and subsequent departure, but Jaden did not care. He clenches the dragon decorated hilt of his brother's saber and leaves to go after him. He catches up to him and calls out, "Duncan!"

RE: Brothers To The End - Duncan_Starchaser - 07-25-2017

Duncan was placing the belongings that he had into his small bag. He turned around strangely calm "Yes Jaden."

RE: Brothers To The End - Jaden_Starchaser - 07-25-2017

"What the hell was that?! You can't just leave Duncan! You're Duncan Fucking Starchaser! You're the strongest of us. The most collected and capable to lead. You're the only one who can get them through what's to come," Jaden's words were filled with desperation to try and persuade his brother to rethink his decision. "You're the best man I know and there is no way you'd walk away from this. You'd stay and you'd come up with a solution to get the chancellor and the Council to put aside their bullshit and unite against Graff and the real threat."

"Thank you for that faith in me... but I'm not that strong." Duncan said trying to sound humorous. "I don't know if the council can the Rebpublic can ever work together. And it's as if the last few months I've been pulled apart by both sides. I've been stretched so thin that I feel as if I've lost myself. I'm a warrior that has been regulated more to filling out paperwork and not acting enough that now when I get the chance I can't think of a simple course of action except that I need to find myself again."

Jaden couldn't help the tears that streaked down his face. He clenched his brother's blade hard and said, "It's supposed to be me dammit! I'm the screw up so I should be the one to walk away. Not you! You're the warrior between us. You're the one who fights til the battle is over. Brother please. Stay," he said the last part as quiet as a whisper.

Duncan wrapped his arms around his brother. "I have never been prouder of you than I have this past year since we were reunited. You are stronger than you think. You strength may not come in ways mine do, but you have the Starchaser heart and that makes you the strongest here." he told him as he hugged him tightly.

As the tears continued to fall down his face Jaden wrapped his arms around his brother afraid to let him go. Jaden then spoke words he never spoke aloud to his brother, but it always went unsaid. "I love you brother."

RE: Brothers To The End - Jonash Solo - 07-26-2017

Cox caught up with Jaden and Duncan. He listened to the brother's exchange, quietly awaiting his moment to speak. Upon hearing Jaden's empassioned 'I love you', Cox stepped into the room to speak.

"2 Starchasers would make us unstoppable." He paused briefly to let the statement sink in.

"Don't let your feelings force you into the biggest mistake of your life. This crew needs your indecisiveness on this conflict to prevent us from joining the wrong side. They need your brilliant military insight to get us into and out of dangerous situations. Stepping down as leader was the right move. Turning your back on this crew will be something you regret for the rest of your life."

Cox imitated his father's forcefulness as he spoke his next words, "So put that fucking bag down and join us where you belong - Congratulating Gadeon's promotion."

RE: Brothers To The End - Duncan_Starchaser - 07-26-2017

Duncan broke the hug with his brother and turned to see the others. He placed his hand on Cox's shoulder. "I will miss you all. But it's become clear to me that I've been allowing the pettiness between the Jedi and the Republic cloud my mind. Until I can decide why I'm doing this, until I can find my true self again I'm no good to anyone." He then looked torwards his friend Gadeon. "I don't know if the Chancellor will put you in command of the 10th division, though I have drafted such a request during my leave of abscence. She may just keep Demya in command, or place someone more under her control. I will not be transmitting my leave for the the next 48 hours which gives you time to complete this mission and meet the Vengence." he told them.

RE: Brothers To The End - Gar - 07-26-2017

Ni rushed in to hear Duncan's last few sentences. "But Boss Man! I don't want to take orders from the chancellor or Demaya! And we need you for this mission!" her eyes were shining with the onset of tears as she exclaimed, "Let's all leave the Republic! We don't need them! We can find solutions to these galaxy conflicts in our own way!"