The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House Rules and Questions
05-12-2014, 08:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-12-2014, 08:07 AM by Akirapryde.)
House Rules and Questions
Please fill free to ask about any rule from 2nd Edition or regarding any house rule.

This thread is meant to act as a test station to explore more rule ideas and how they effect the game.

One Such Question was:
Are Racial Class Maximums going to be imposed?

This was a very important rule that truthfully I never realized existed till I researched this question. None of the DM's I learned under used this rule. It is funny that I have played and DM's these rules for years. Hell most likely nearly a decade and never ran a cross this rule before.

The rule was created to balance the world between humans and non-humans for game play. There were actually more than a couple of articles written in dragon magazine about this issue. The rule, as written within the Dungeon Master's Guide states page 14, "Given their (Demihumans) extremely long lifespans,demihumans without limitations would quickly reach levels of power far beyond anything attainable humans. The World would be dominated by these extremely powerful beings to the exclusion of humans."

If you ask me, this statement right here explains the state of Liasien to perfection. Based on this, I am going to make the following change to the Racial Level Restrictions as they are written in the Dungeon Master's Guide pages 14-15.

Restrictions ONLY apply to Demihumans who has Prime Attribute(s) Score(s) less than 16. For Demihumans who has Prime Attribute(s) Score(s) that are 12 -13 you gain one additional level to the level restrictions. For Demihumans who has Prime Attribute(s) Score(s) that are 14 -15, you gain two additional levels to the level restrictions.

Regarding Class Access as per Racial Limits. I am leaving this rule unchanged. That means for example, there will be NO Elf Paladins. If your race is excluded from this class, I am sorry but you will have to find a new class or a new race that fits that class.

If you have further questions please post them here or ask me directly.