The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subspace Channel: Julian Bashir and Increase Amadaeus
08-10-2014, 04:42 PM,
Subspace Channel: Julian Bashir and Increase Amadaeus
Open Channel

To: Lieutenant Julian Bashir
Chef Medical Officer, Deep Space Nine

Chief Science Officer, USS Thunderchild

Greetings, Hope you are adjusting to you life on DS9 very well...and if not, I am sure you will get along soon. I know it's been a little bit since I have written last. But you know it is when you become lead in your department. Speaking of which, I will be moving on from Starbase 74 to the USS Thunderchild...so, now that I am mobile I may have a chance of running into you. I still owe you a whooping in chest for the last several times you beat me.

However, speaking of rank and positions...I have been handed some information about an Intruder who stole sensitive information from the Thunderchild. They have shared an image of this person and it seems you know them

--Computer plays the images of the two women from ad for Quark's Bar --

Can you identify these women for me...or tell me what you know about her?

OOC Narrator Notes: I had to edit this to reflect that the actual picture was of the two sisters not of the woman and Bashir. Also, I moved this to the correct thread and out of my PM box. I would like to keep all Subspace communications here in this thread. It will help keep my in box clean. Thanks.
08-10-2014, 05:12 PM,
RE: Subspace Channel: Julian Bashir and Increase Amadaeus
To: Lieutenant Increase Amadaeus

Ah Increase. What a pleasant surprise. I am glad to see hear from you again.....'

Life on DS9 has really been different in the past year. So much has changed since the end of the war. We just had a big event here last week. Members of the Detapa Council from the Cardassian Union were just on the station. They were signing a official treaty with the Federation which will allow more aid workers to move in to the Cardassian Union to help them rebuild. I was on Cardassian Prime last month. Increase I can never get over the level of devastation the Union suffered at the hands of the Dominion and their Breen allies. I had lunch with Elim Garak, a senior member of the Detapa Council now. He told me that he was concerned about militants within the Union. I had heard rumors of these militants but nothing was ever confirmed. While Starfleet has dozens of ships in the area as well as what the Detapa Council controls there is still fears. Garak informed me that each month, a number of ships failed to report back to the Council. Fears are that they are defecting to the militants.

A rematch at chess? You know, you will loss again. After all, you have yet to beat me. However if you desire, I will gladly show you a round or two.

Oh I know who they are. The MacConnell sisters. The older woman's name is Maura and the smaller, younger one was Seona. It was reported that they are both dead. But we got a Flash Alert from Starfleet Command to keep an eye out for Seona MacConnell. Something about her being a terrorist. Though I can't imagine that being the case. While Seona was a Starfleet Marine, I don't think she ever enjoyed taking life. Smart girl *he laughed* unlike you, she would give me a challenge at Chess. Her sister on the other hand. Maura, I could never beat her.

Colonel Kira Nerys is not taking any chances with this issue. They are searching all ships, coming and going for Seona. Can you tell me what all of this is about?
08-11-2014, 04:31 AM,
To - Lt Julian Bashir
Chef Medical Doctor, DS9

From - Lt Increase Amadeaus
Chef Science Officer, USS Thunderchild

I am glad to hear that frontier life that you're looking for has been treating you very well and that it is educational experience. If memory serves correctly you are offered a position on the USS Farragut.

Do you know why I like to play chess with you, and never I have really tried to be you...because only a true and close friend she be the one to show you your faults so on the day that I do be here that defeated look to come across your face I'll still be there for to let you know that in this place, you haven't really lost you have won! it will only take you a little while to realize what you have won...so with that explanation of the wayyou should now see why I like to play chess with you is because I always walk away but having learned something new. *A soft chuckle could be heard*

speaking of learning something new do you by chance have on file any recent DNA profiles of either of the sisters from the image?

I would love to explain further to you my dear friend, but since everything is still just conjecture I don't want to send any miss information.
08-11-2014, 10:40 AM,

I have been offered many other posts since the end of the war. But truthfully, I want to remain right here. There is so much more to be done here.

You know, you are the second person to ask about the MacConnell sisters medical records. Hold on......

....Ah, here it is. Yes, there is an official request through Starfleet medical from Admiral Tate's office requesting the medical files on Seona MacConnell. Submitted on Stardate 53828.46. I will tell you the same thing I submitted in my answer. Deep Space Nine submitted all of our records for long term storage to Starfleet Medical. A pair of officers from Admiral Tate's office came by shortly after to make sure I was telling the truth. As if I would lie about this. After all, Seona has been laid to rest. I asked why the request but they just said it was top secret. After confirming what I said the first time, they left.
08-11-2014, 07:37 PM,

I had just recently learned about the issue with this, and since I was given the information...I thought it was only best to conduct my own investigation on this.

Are you sure she died? Could the death have been faked, her DNA sequence changed or the person they used as her, had her DNA sequence changed to match?

Well...since I have been entrusted with this and you are the closet thing to a friend I have, I will 'cut you into the loop' as they say. A few days ago someone came aboard a star fleet vessel, ran a muck and caused a lot of ruckess. They used 'Lo-jack' techniques, but in a way only a super tech would could use.

If I could get you a sample of the DNA or a profile of it, do you think you could run it against the old profile of Seona? A request from a old friend.

Also, be advised...in case this is something top level, I would keep all word of it to yourself and only work on it when no one else is around to find out. If you uncover something and don't trust this current line of communication, you have other means to reach me.
08-11-2014, 10:17 PM,

As I have always believed. It is best to do your own work. I will help any way I can.

I was in the Gamma Quadrant when her was discovered on Velos. There was considerable damage to the body as a result of the combat that took place. The CMO (Chief Medical Officer) used her sub-dermal Starfleet Data Chip to identify the body. Could the death had been faked? I don't see why. Near the body we found Major MacConnell's accounting of the final hours of the battle. She mentioned the death of her sister within it as well as the location of the body. She gave record to each person that died and where they hid the bodies from the Cardassians. Based on all of this, I supported the CMO's findings that the body did belong to Seona MacConnell.

Using 'Lo-jack' techniques? Well if you are speaking of low tech approaches to high tech problems. That does sound like Seona. One time, she fixed one of my scanners with nothing more than a child's toy and cup warmer. That girl is a real macgyver.

I wish I could help you with that DNA sample. But as I said before. We don't store that kind of data here. I have seen it before. Why not send me what you have and I will confirm if it is her or not. Other than that, all I can say is submit your sample through Starfleet Medical. Your own CMO should be able to handle that.

I am not sure what you mean by that. But okay, I will keep this between us. But Colonel Kira Nerys will not like keeping secrets from her.
08-12-2014, 06:16 AM,

-A clearing of the throat heard- I still want to believe that there's something more going on then just this being sienna and playing some trick for getting it back at someone for something.

after reading over the data again and again and again I think that Seona could possibly still be alive but has lost her memory and may be going to great lengths to retrieve it and hit her memory loss may have started working for some rogue faction of some sort. it could be very well that this road section I knew about her abilities with low jacking hi tech stuff. but also means for death still could have been faked. again this is just a series that I'm working in my mind this one seems the most prominent everytime I read over the information.

I'll never disbelieve your findings and if you say that she's dead she's dead but all the data, as I read, points to the fact that it seems like someone with memory loss trying to regain memories.
08-12-2014, 01:24 PM,

I am not sure if you are right or wrong. But if this is Seona and she has her mind about her. Know this my friend. She doesn't play games. Even when she play chess, she has always had her mind on the four to five moves ahead. This would not be a game to her. Send me your data and I will see what we can find for you. But I will need you to trust my judgement. I can't keep this a secret. I will leave this up to you.

I never said she is dead. I only said that based on the evidence at the time I conquered with the findings of the CMO. But without having your evidence there is nothing else I can say or do for you my friend.

Looks like you have a choice before you.