The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jedi Master Angelique Heartman, Jedi Master Visst Dassek & Jedi Master Daz Murl
07-03-2013, 08:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-05-2013, 08:53 AM by Akirapryde.)
Originally Posted: July 26 - Aug 7, 2011
Lines in the Sand
Core World of Kalore
Galactic Republic

Jedi Master Heartman

Ranger Jaster Saper is a larger and powerful man with looks and charisma to match. Being both a former Jedi Weapon Master and a newly empowered Republic Ranger, his career is opening up ahead of him. He had always put his career goals in the fore thought of his mind and when the war broke out the elite class of Weapon's Master was opened up to those Jedi who met the requirements for it. Not one to turn down a good challenge, Ranger Saper set all new standards for a Weapon Master. However skill and loyalty was never is problem, pride was his largest downfall. It was pride which led him from the ranks of the Jedi and right in to the waiting arms of the Republic Rangers. He was always of good intent, his actions tended to be less than Jedi. He walked in to the office which had been set up for the leading Ranger Investigator. Sitting behind a large wooden desk, Daz glanced up from his datapad as Ranger Saper walked up to the desk and handed the final report of the past twenty hours over. “It would appear that the virus has spread as far as it could reach. The last of the new cases have been recorded.” he reported with a great sense of grief in his voice, “According to our best reports, if we had waited longer, the virus would have been ten times if not a thousand times worse.” he looked up from the datapad he was reading from and smiled at Daz, “You possibly saved millions if not more boss.”

Daz didn't reply as he read the report. “Daz, I have a question for you. Hraashi, well sir, she is really upset over what happened with that crazy Padawan. She is worried that she will be cast out of the Rangers. She is even fearful that her actions could land her in prison. You were there Sir, is there anything you can do to help her? You know that she didn't mean for that to happen. She is a good kid who stumbled. Sir, please help her”

Before Daz could answer Angelique walk in to the small office where Daz was sitting. She scanned the room slowly then looked at Ranger Saper, “I would like to speak to Daz alone.” she said with a tone about her that stressed the importance of what she had to do.

Ranger Saper looked to Daz then back to Angelique. He knew all too well that Jedi were not to be trusted. He knew how they operated, but he also knew that they were a necessary evil. 'That is, for the time being' he thought cold. He turned his attention back to Daz, “We can finish this later, Sir” he said with respect. On that note he gathered his things and left the pair alone.

Once she heard the door close she turned her attention back to Daz, “What happened today was most unfortunate. However, you are my friend, my family and I have always stood by you” she said with great sadness in her voice as she walked forward towards the desk that Daz was sitting behind. “What I saw today was not that friend how I love as a brother. This path you have taken on for yourself, is a path I can not follow. Daz, look at what you have done. A young Padawan almost died because of your actions. I am begging you Daz. Give up the Rangers, turn your back on them and the Chancellor. Come back to the Order. Come back to me.” She leaned over the desk looking right in to the goggles that protected his eyes. “Please Daz. I will not ever join the Rangers and you shouldn't either.”

Jedi Master Murl

Daz listened carefully as Angel opened up to him all at once with perceptions, conclusions, and an ardent plea. When she had finished speaking, he looked into her eyes through his small, dark goggles. She was his dearest friend, but even she did not fully understand. These times were like a complex puzzle. He hoped that his response to her now would add a few missing pieces and make the overall picture more complete. He rose from the large chair in which he sat and walked around the desk and sat in a lotus position beside his friend, motioning for her to sit opposite him. When she had done so, he began to whisper.

"You are correct, my friend; this path is not for you. The Republic Rangers are playing with fire, and now they look to me to direct their flamethrowers. However, I promise you that I am still the same friend you have always known and loved. You heard me order the Rangers to harm no one. Angel, you were with me at the Weeping Willow School for Gifted Children when the four Padawans blocked our entrance. You saw with your own eyes that what happened to Master Noor's Padawan was a tragic accident. On Wormwood, our late compatriot Jevidaiah swung his lightsaber at what he thought was a threat, but in reality it was a native boy he struck and killed. In a similar manner, when Master Noor's Padawan's activated her lightsaber and lowered its blade to my neck, Ranger Hraashi thought my life was in imminent danger; she was only trying to protect me when she tripped and mistakenly stabbed the poor girl. Words cannot express my gratitude that she survived. Your quick action helped ensure that. I will need a holorecording of your witness statement and a signed written account from you, as I did not see the incident occur."

Daz considered Hraashi's fate with a heavy heart. He owed it to the Kelore Jedi, Master Noor, and above anyone else the wounded Padawan to tell the truth, but he would make it clear that Hraashi did not act maliciously and hoped that she would be shown mercy.

"I never left the Order, Angel. I have been made a Ranger, but I am still a Jedi. What troubles me most about my fellow Rangers is that they do not see themselves that way. They are good men and women, but they see themselves as something greater than the Order. Although the Kelore Jedi obstructed our investigation on the day of the attacks, there is no reason that the Order and the Rangers cannot work together. I am afraid it is not that simple, though. Neither side seems willing to see the good in the other. My loyalty had always remained with the Order, Angel. However, I am aware that Master Noor has already urged Master Lunish to support a motion to expel me from the Order, and she is said to have contacted two other members of the Council as well, including Master Visst."

Daz's eyes misted behind his goggles, though his antiox breath mask's vocabulator disguised his voice as it wavered. The Order was his family. The thought of another exile was heartbreaking.

"Angel, I need to speak with Master Visst; we must go to Chancellor Quee. In that meeting, I hope to help broker a treaty between the Rangers and the Order. Whether I succeed or fail, I must now await the Council's decision. If my devotion to the light side of the Force is acknowledged and I am still recognized as a Jedi Master, I will resign my post with the Rangers and return to the Order I never truly left. I will return to you."

Jedi Master Heartman

Angelique listen with her fixed on Daz, she didn't sit with him as he sat before his own desk. “No, Daz, you are wrong. You are not the same friend that I grew up with. You are not the same person that I loved like a brother. The person I grew up with would have never placed his own goals over the safety of others” She interrupted then stopped herself to let Daz continue. She listened carefully and shook her head in disappointment, “No, one here knows you better then me. Don't lie to me, I saw the look on your face when you left the Temple just before taking this mission. You had all but given up on being a Jedi. You thought that you and the Jedi were over. I don't know what happen during your trial but you choose to leave us and take up this mission. You packed up your things and left. And I saw how you acted” she stepped back from him, “You didn't act like a Jedi at all. It was a tragic accident, one that you could have and SHOULD HAVE prevented through your own actions.”

“The Rangers should not exist. There should be no working with them. After what I saw here, I know in my heart that they most be stopped Daz. You claim that there is good in the Rangers and all that I saw was a Padawan nearly killed for only doing as her Master ordered. How is that good? There is darkness at work here and you are too blind AND too stubborn to see this. I am begging you Daz help us stop them. Help us stop the Chancellor. You are right about one thing, we have to talk to the Chancellor. You have to tell him that you are rejecting the Rangers and you have to break this friendship with him. I feel it in my heart that no good can come from it.”

Angelique thought carefully over her next words. There was a line that she was about to cross and she could feel it. This was the point of no return for her. The sadness over the situation was planly seen on her face. She loved Daz but knew he needed help. She trusted him deeply but she was starting to see that that trust was misplaced, “Daz, last night Master Noor talked to me. She told me that she means to expel you from the Order. For her, this is what must be done to protect the Order from you. I talked to her about you and told her that you were a good person inside. That this person here today is not the man you really are. I pleaded your care to her, I helped her see the Daz that I know. Daz, she has agreed to not force you out of the Order if you are willing to surrender yourself to the Order's Councilors on Korriban. There you will get the help you need and the training to resist these dark impulses you have. After that conversation, I contacted a Scholar on Korriban who specializes with the Dark Side of the Force. He said that sometimes the dark arts have a way of changing a person and their perceptions. He really thinks that you have been tainted and in desperate need of their help.”

There was censer feelings across her face. It was all too clear that she believed what she was saying and she meant every word that was said. She slowly took a knee next to her friend and returned his gaze, “Daz, this path is not for me. And its not for you either. Please Daz, let me help you. Take Master Noor's offer or you will be expelled from the Order. I know the good in you. I know what you were before,” she said as she took hold of the part of his robes with the gold Ranger Star on it. She tugged on the star so that Daz could feel what she was getting at while her other hand was on his other shoulder, “and this is not who you are.”

She let go his robes as she stood back up, “You are fooling yourself if you think I can be so easily bought by your words of a treaty between Jedi and the Rangers.” She stepped backwards till she reached the door, “You want to speak to Visst, here speak to him.” she said opening the door and allowing Jedi Master Visst in to the office. “As for YOUR report, no, I shall not file anything with you for use with the Rangers. This is the jurisdiction of the Jedi. Not the Rangers!” On that note, Angelique side stepped to allow Visst to take center stage.

She did everything she could to help her brother during his time of need. It is all completely up to him now. She knew that Visst would know what to do next. Soon, her act of betrayal will be complete. She knew that Council had to know what was being said in these secret meetings between Daz and the Chancellor. That they had to know what they could about the Rangers to help defeat them. The bug that she planted on Daz had been transmitting the entire time from the moment that she walked into the office. It was specially designed to defeat all normal means of detecting and blocking. It was one of the best kept secrets of the Order and part of her agreement with Master Noor to protect Daz. This simple act killed a part of her heart. A part that no one would ever see, but its loss would be felt by her for years to come. Even though her hopes were of helping him return from the dark path that he was on. The killing fact for her was, she had betrayed a friend!

GM Note: With the use of Enhance Ability on Dex, a Slight of Hand check was made. From the moment that Angelique walked in to the office and now where ever Daz goes the Council will be able to listen in on all things said around Daz within a ten meters range.

Master Visst

Master Murl. I do not share Master Heartman's opinion, and I have abstained from the proceedings so that I may be able to guide you as a friend." As always Visst was a hard one to read, but there was a heavy load upon him. "You should have the chance to speak with them about what happened, but words will not be enough. I would like to go with you to the chancellors office, but how can I trust that you will go with me? I want to be able to, but you have shown that to be a foolish thing to do. Even after you used my trust and betrayed it I stood by you.

Visst looked him over. What ever happened to the Daz I met in the forest of Yavin 4? The one who took the time to be sure he was right. Daz now you are a crusader on a set for personal justice, imposing your will. Do not say anything about your culture. My Master showed me well what it means to follow justice before law. It is general justice, not personal justice understand that please Daz, then look at yourself. Your actions since we found Talon and their consequences. Forget the reasons and excuses. Now look at where you could be if you had talked to me at each turn instead.” He paused holding a breath ready for when Daz went to interrupt. “You are letting your emotions control you, and then acting on them justifying what you want. Do you honestly trust me?”

Jedi Master Murl
Daz was stricken by Angel's words. How could she, the one person in the entire galaxy that he had always relied on to understand him, have judged him so harshly? How could both she and Visst have misconstrued his attempt to save thousands of innocent lives on Kelore as being a mistake? In having led the Rangers during the investigation, he had no choice but to accept responsibility for the accident that nearly claimed the life of a Padawan. However, in the instant Hraashi's blunder had occurred, Daz could no more have prevented it than Angel could have, and she knew that. Why Angel and Visst were so convinced that the Republic Rangers, who had such potential to be a force for good, should not exist Daz still did not know. However, in the end, that no longer mattered. If the Jedi Council would allow him to remain within their ranks where in his heart he knew he had always possessed the capacity to effect the most good through his connection to the Force, he would remain with them no matter the cost. If Daz could in his own way, no matter how small, help combat the darkness that was to befall his brothers and sisters, he would stand by their sides and defend the Jedi Order with them with his very life.

Before responding to Visst, Daz turned his head to look up at his oldest friend. "Angel, thank you for your friendship and faith in me. I accept Master Noor's offer. I shall willingly surrender myself to the Order's Councilors on Korriban and learn from the scholar you contacted. I look forward to learning more about him and benefiting from his wisdom."

Next, Daz fixed his gaze on Visst who stood before him. "Master Visst, I do trust you. I regret the embarrassment I have caused you in the past. All I ask is that you not forsake this opportunity to resolve the animosity that exists between the Rangers and the Jedi peacefully. Come with me and meet with Chancellor Quee. Together we can appeal to him for a truce, and as a member of the Council you can bear witness to my resignation from the Rangers."