The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to step up
02-11-2016, 10:01 PM,
RE: Time to step up
It was tough to let the anger go once he had let it out but it was over now. She had finally surrendered. He pulled his shit away from his chest and mumbled at the strain before dropping his hands back to his side. He headed for the door, stopping next to Rebecca as he went, "I hope we don't have to have this conversation again". He said it with a smile that he made sure Rebecca saw and put his hand on her shoulder. "Tomorrow we can't start working on that temper. Now if you will excuse me I need to go change my shirt" he headed for the door once again.
02-12-2016, 10:41 AM,
RE: Time to step up
‘Tomorrow we can’t start working on that temper’ echoed in Rebecca’s mind. She could hear the tremble in his voice and figured that rage was still surging through him. She understood the beast well as he walked passed her. She fought hard to hold her emotions in check. She didn’t want him to see how close she was from losing control. She hated her rage but in hating it, she knew that she was only feeding it. She chose not to correct him as she figured he meant ‘we can’. Instead she allowed him to walk out of the room with only a nod. “Richard” she said as he approached the door. “I am sorry about my behavior. I really didn’t know what to do. So I did what I thought was right.”

She didn’t say anything more as she let him leave. As she heard the door close behind him, she noticed her hands shaking. She slowly moved away from the breakfast bar and walked on weakened knees towards the center of the room. Her blood still boiling from the conflict only moments before. She drew in a deep breath as she felt the rage raising to the surface once more. She closing her eyes, she felt the beast raging and surging through her. It was fighting and clawing its way to the surface. She let out a scream of rage that was all too common to her as she channeled her rage in to a blast of fire in to the fireplace.

She held the force of the flame there as she had in the past while her rage fueled it. It was most likely the one place in the entire house that she could do this without threat of having her blast channeled back at her. The fireplace had been specially created just for this purpose. A place to channel her rage when she couldn’t contain it. As the last of the flames left her fist, her voice hurt from the screaming. She dropped to her knees from the effort. Her head dropped forward as she watched the blood drip from her nose. She closed her eyes and felt the beast slowly slumping deeper within her mind. No longer an influence but she knew it was still there.

Rebecca slowly rose to her feet as she looked at the fire place. She gave Infir a smile, “sometimes, I wish I was like you. To be of pure fire, free from emotions. Free of this rage and anger” she said softly as she gave him a short bow. She turned and walked towards the door. She picked up a cloth napkin on the way out to help control the bleeding from her nose. Her cheek hurt from where she had been punched. She knew that she would soon have a black eye. But for Richard to finally understand what it was like to be her, it would all be worth it. Now the big question now was, how would Richard handle the rest of the Cabal.

She walked from her room and towards the main common room where she knew Richard wanted to have a meeting for everyone.