The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Smoke be for the Fires: (Book 1)
06-12-2013, 07:34 PM,
(1.10) Love and Lies
Love and Lies
The Unending Light
Jedi Heavy Cruiser
Orbit of the World of Oulaven

Lysire walked down the corridors of the Unending Light putting her thoughts together. She didn't know Master Losh very well but she felt his loss very deeply. Master Lox had talked with her about the loss. They talked for hours then she had to excuse herself. She had a 'mission' from her team. She really did enjoy this whole adventuring thing. And while she knew that she was no where near ready for it, she really did enjoy the excitement that came with it. She had done some research about her mother's adventures with Masters Chun, Drease and Losh. To think that Master Chun and her very own mother trained together under the same Master. The idea of becoming a great adventurer really drew on her. Much like the idea of being around Biggs.

Her thought then passed on to Biggs, and how those thoughts warmed her heart. She paused a bit to look at her hand. She could still feel his soft lips pressing on her hand. A smile crossed her red lips as she thought about that sweet moment in her memories. Her heart started to race once more, 'I think I have fallen in love with him.' she thought softly. She wondered if she could ask him out for her sixteenth birthday. She talked to her mother about it via Holonet the past couple of days. Her mother said she was really happy about the youthful relationship but warned Lysire about those who would use her. Lysire knew that Biggs loved her, she felt it in her heart.

Still she was very worried about her mother and father. The war raged on still and thousands of innocent lives have already been lost. She wanted to help her family and her people out but she simply did not know what to do. Her mother had forbidden her to return home. She was told that it was simply too dangerous to travel back home. The rebels had placed a bounty on Lysire's head. So travel to and from home would simply be too dangerous. For the time being she was more then safe with her team. This thought did not bring comforting thoughts to Lysire, her people were still dying and she felt like she had abandon them in their time of need.

“Hush, do you want to get caught?” she heard from a nearby door. Concerned and worried, her first thoughts were to flee the area. “No No, not like that, its not going to work and we are running out of time.” another voice said. But something in her mind forced her to stand her ground. She reached down and took hold of her lightsaber. Carefully she moved forward trying not to make any noise. “This is not going to work! I told you Biggs.” she heard another voice speak. 'Biggs?!' she thought. 'ah ha! Finally the game as up and I had caught him red handed.' she thought then walked over to the doorway. No longer fearful, anger filled her heart. She knew that he was up to no good by the way he was treating her now. Finally his true colors have shown themselves.

Stepping through the doorway she activated her lightsaber and called out, “I see you are up to something BIGGS!” she said pointing the lightsaber at the group. She had caught Biggs and four of his cronies red handed as they were working on a holotable. They all turned and looked at Lysire in shock. Not one of them dared speak as they looked down the lightsaber and the greenish glow across Lysire's face.

Biggs look around then stepped forward, “What are you doing here and why are you acting like this?” he questioned as he continued to walk forward.

Waving the lightsaber at him, “Don't you dare ask me questions. What are you planning in here. This is a secured area and that data terminal is for access to the Holonet only. Don't tell me you have some stupid prank planned? Tell me what you are doing!?” she demanded.

Leaping back Biggs narrowly avoided being licked with her lightsaber. “WOH! Calm down! Okay Okay, listen I will tell you everything but you have to show some trust. Turn off your lightsaber and I will explain everything. But please if you draw attention you have no idea of what kind of trouble we will get in to.” he said backing up and waving his hand to calm his friends. “Listen Lysire, I promise that nothing you see now is what it appears to be.” he said then pourd on the charm, “Please trust me.”

While not completely successful with his charm, Lysire was not about to give her ground that easily. But he had a point. What could they do now? She deactivated her lightsaber and lowered it. “Okay, the Truth Biggs.” she said softly.

“Dude she is a psycho, Biggs.” One of his cronies said with a nasty slier in his voice.

Biggs shot an ice cold glare back at the man, “Shut your mouth or I will shut it for you.” Biggs snapped. 'Dude, don't you think I fucking know that. Sure lets give her another reason to not trust me.' Biggs thought as he turned to face Lysire. “Baby, listen. We were given an assignment by Master Tabanne. It is a situational assignment and if we don't pass Tactics 401, then we are going to be held back a year.” Biggs lied to her, “Master Tabanne has it out for us...” then he looked down. It was the art of lying, tell one lie to get caught on. Which telling by her eyes, she did. Then pass another one off as the truth, “Okay, me personally. Because I am Master Tra Vae Padawan.” This was the real lie. He hated Biggs, Because Biggs had dated his daughter and rode her like a race horse. Even got the little Core Trash Noble knocked up.

Biggs did everything he could to hold in laughter. He had told her that he saw through the force that they were meant for each other and that they would have a family together some day. Once Biggs was done with her, he posted her pics across the Holonet. Even despite the fact that no one else could have taken those pics, she still believed him when he claimed his innocents. The little Trash Noble never said the father of her little bastard child was him. However Master Tabanne knew it was him. Since that day the Jedi Master had it out for him. Master Tabanne had to send his daughter back home in disgrace.

“So we have this stupid assignment and we have to get an A on it or else we will fail the class.” He explained after bringing his happiness back under control. She had to believe that he was being truthful to her. “The assignment is, there is a group of Padawans that had been kidnapped by Bounty Hunters and we were assigned to locating them. So far we know that they are on a forest world, most likely a moon or small planetoid.” he said then turned to wave his hand at the table. “We were hoping to see if we could access Master Tabanne's records and find the answers so we could get an A on the assignment.” he added then turned once more to Lysire and looked down. He poured on the acting carefully. This was make or break time for him, if his plan was to work. “Look I don't expect you to understand what it is like to be hated for something you have no control over. I didn't pick Master Tra Vae. He picked me and Master Tabanne's dislike of my Master has bled over to me.” he concluded not making eye contact with her. He would know soon enough if she bought his performance.

Lysire felt like a fool. She bolted in with her lightsaber blazing only to find a group of desperate school kids trying what they know to pass a class. She couldn't help but feel horrible for Biggs. She knew what it was like. She hated that feeling of being labeled something she didn't earn. Though the memories of what Biggs and his cronies had done to her in the past were still very fresh. Part of her screamed to report them to Security. But her heart made a very good case. She could show Biggs and his friends that not everyone is there for their entertainment. Maybe this was a chance to help them become better Jedi's and persons as a whole. She looked at Biggs, who was still looking down. 'is he crying?' she asked herself. “Oh” she said walking over to Biggs and rapping her arms around him, “Okay I will not report you guys but you can not break in to Master Tabanne's files. That is not the answer.” She said looking up in to Biggs' eyes, “Let me show you a better way. Please....”She pleaded with him.

Biggs smiled broadly, 'IT WORK!' he thought, “What do you mean a better way?” he asked her. He knew the answer but she had to feel like she was leading this encounter. 'What a little twit! I think when we are done with you, I would love to sell you to a Hutt just to his expression.' he thought pleasantly to himself.

Lysire smiled as finally she had a chance to make him in to a better person. She knew what others had said about him. How much of a bully he was and how mean he could be. But now when she looked in to his eyes she could see the person he really was. She saw goodness and kindness in his eyes. “Okay look, The answer to your assignment is not something commonly known among most Jedi. However, There is a part of the holonet that allows the Jedi's to quickly talk to each other.” she explained as she walked Biggs over to the holotable.

Biggs nodded, 'No shit you little moron, we have been trying to hack it for the past three days.' He thought then said, “Really? Do go on.”

Lysire set down at the table and starting typing in commands, “I only learned of it by accident. One day I was working back in the library transferring files back and forth between Temples when I noticed a strange carrier signal with each marker I was sending.” she explained while the others listened carefully.

Biggs only smiled and nodded his head as he listened. He did everything to hold back and bury his pure hatred of her.

“I asked my Master about it and he explained that each Jedi Comlink has an address that is unique to that Jedi.” She continued to explain as she accessed the Jedi Communication Network “Finding the carrier wave is pretty simply. While they are very cleverly hidden, they have a signature that is pretty easy to find once you know what to look for. It took me almost a year of playing around with it to figure it all out.” she said then opened up a secured file, “There are your addresses. What is the name of the Jedi you are looking for?” She said while she continued to hack her way through the firewalls.

The group only looked at her actions in disbelief. She just broke through twenty Jedi Firewalls in as much minutes. They each looked at Biggs as if they wanted to know if he really was sure of this game they were playing on her. The look in Biggs eyes ended any unspoken conversation about this issue. She was only their target for this game and nothing more. Biggs laid a Data Crystal down next to her and activated it. “We are looking for a Jedi by the name of Draeks Kas'lar” he showed her.

She smiled, “Wow, Master Tabanne is really good with his assignments. The Jedi you are looking for is right here. And you were right, he is on a forest moon. See, the moon of Narradeen.” she said softly with a bit of pride that she was able to help them with their assignment.

Biggs looked to her, “Can we get that address? It would really help out our project.” he asked as he looked in to her eyes. He wanted her looking at him and not at Hala. Who had sneaked up behind her to copy the code. Hala had a picture prefect memory and was almost as important to this plan as Lysire was.

Lysire smiled and deactivated the table, “No you should know better. These codes are not for our eyes. Look I helped you with your assignment. You don't need to cheat to get that A. Just do your paper based on what you learned here today. I am sure you will impress Master Tabanne and get that A you need.” she said.

Biggs smiled and looked out of the corner of his eyes, he saw Hala smile and give him a nod. “Your right.” he said and then took a knee next to Lysire, “You know, being close to you like this has really had an affect on me. I actually feel better about who I am.” he said while trying to keep the vomit down. “Look I wanted to ask you something Lysire.” he said pulling out a small box from his pocket, “Would you be my girl?” he said showing her the opened box.

Lysire was breathless, it was not the expensive ring in the box that floored her. It was the fact that she was actually having a good impact on him. It was this moment she felt like she could actually turn him in to something better then he was before they started down this road. Her eyes were on the ring but her thoughts were on the future. She smiled deeply and even teared up, “Oh....” was all she could manage to say. Her heart was pounding out of her chest. She thought she would have passed out at any moment, “Yes....oh my yes!!!!” she said leaping in to his waiting arms.

Biggs held her tightly as he felt her tears running down his back. He was sickened by her touching him but he had her now. He knew that she was meant for someone else and know that future for her was over. Her fate belonged to him and that is all that mattered. “I Love you Lysire...” he whispered in to her ear. Hopping that no one else heard him speak such words to someone so not deserving of love.

The words in her ears made her heart melt as she held him tighter. Then her comlink went off, “Princess....” She pulled back whipping her tears of happiness. “I love you, Biggs.” she replied activating her comlink, “Yes....” she replied.

The call demanded her presence with the team. Some meeting was being called. Biggs knew the male voice who came in loud and clear over her comlink.

Biggs placed his hand over the comlink, “Stay with us....Stay with me...” he pleaded with her.

“You know I want too....oh you know this.” she said then looked down, “I have my duties, I have to go. But I will take you with me in my heart. I promise.” she said then activated her comlink, “I am on my way.” she replied as she got up and gathered her things. As she headed for the door she turned back and smiled, “Oh how I love you.” she said to Biggs then turned and left the room.

They waited to make sure she had left the area before anyone said anything. It was Obi who had to comment. “Oh how I love you...” he mocked Lysire at Biggs' expense.

Biggs turned and in one action he drove the side of his hand in to the neck of Obi, knocking him to the floor. Obi started coughing and whizzing for air. Biggs looked down at the man, “Lets make one thing clear. Anyone wants to challenge me or make light of this mission that we were given by my Master then let them step forward.” Biggs said looking around. “Anyone?” he said then turned back to Obi, “What about you funny man?” he barked.

Obi only shock his head no as he crawled away from Biggs, “Did you get the code?” he asked Hala.

She nodded stepping forward, “Yes, here it is.” She said giving the data crystal to Biggs.

Biggs smiled and nodded, “This will be the proof that my Master needs to have her entire team locked up for a very long time. He will be very pleased with us. Good job everyone.” He said then gathered his things, “Hala, Obi I want you two to get working on that paper. Make sure you include what we were taught here. The rest of you disappear. I need to go speak with my Master.” he said then he too turned and walked out of the room.
06-13-2013, 08:40 AM,
(1.11) Snakes and Rabbits
Snakes and Rabbits
Jedi Temple Mount
Outer Rim World of Oulaven

Biggs walked down the corridors of the Temple Mount. His plan had worked out like a charm and Lysire had played her part perfectly. “She is just so stupid it defies logic that she could be so needed for my plan” he mumbled to himself. He hated having to play this kindness game with her. She was not worthy of anything let alone his kindness. “She is such a stupid rim rat.” he said out loud. He turned a corner and ran right head long in to Master Bevurn'Age. Even before she had turned around, Biggs knew better and his guard was reinforced. He had heard more then enough rumors about her from his own Master.

Master Bevurn'Age was a sight to behold when you were on the losing end of her gaze. Her pale skin made it all that easier to identify her numerous tattoos across her face. The rest of her body was hidden behind thick robes. Biggs knew how to read people like books. The only problem with Master Bevurn'Age was Biggs couldn't read her at all. Her face was always clear of any tells or hints of her mood. This made dealing with her so much harder then other Jedi.

“Greetings Master Bevurn'Age” he said pleasantly. She was beneath him as well but he would be damned to hint to this fact. Not here and damn sure, not now. “You have my deepest condolences on the loss of Master Losh. He was truly a plier of wisdom of the Order.” he added.

Master Bevurn'Age nodded, “Thank you young padawan” she said without giving anything up. “Might I ask you why you are in this area? The Investigators have not finished their investigation of this part of the temple. It is still closed off.” Still there was nothing for Biggs to read off of her.

“I know Master, I have to deliver something to a friend in the northern garden” he said doing everything he could not to lie. He knew all too well that she would be able to pick up a lie like it was a flare. “I don't have much time so I was going to cut across this section. I am sorry, I will not push my luck” he added as he started to back up to leave.

Master Bevurn'Age knew something as afoot but had much larger issues to deal with. She could feel that he was not being completely truthful but choose to address it later. “If you head down that corridor there and take a left at the atrium. The Northern Garden will be at the end of that corridor.” she said pointing the direction for him.

Biggs couldn't believe his luck, “Thank you Master” he said as polite as he could and headed off in the direction indicated.

“Padawan...Be careful in where you are stepping. You might find yourself in harms way” she said softly. Something just was not right with all this. She could feel the draw of the force pulling her to investigate it further. Something dark was in motion within her temple and she could feel it. Before she could act on these feelings, her comlink went off, “Master, a Holocom from Star.” It was a call that she could not ignore. Biggs would simply have to wait.

Biggs moved with more determined propose. He moved down the corridors and turned left at the atrium and continued on to the Northern Garden. “Where the hell is she.” he said quietly as he searched the garden for the reason why he was here at the Temple Mount in the first place. It didn't take him long to find the person he was here to meet. He failed horribly in his attempt to hide his shock over what he saw.

He looked down a small path to see a female padawan and an Antarian Ranger locked in an intimate embrace. As they broke the kiss she smiled while licking her lips, “You are right, you do kiss much better then Rigs.” she said giggling like the young female she was pretending to be. She ran her hand through her light bluish hair and smiled playful at the Ranger then noticed Biggs down the path. “I would love to see if you are better then Rigs at other things but it would seem we have a peeping intruder.” she said softly in his ear. Her disguise was perfect. Make up covered her tattoos and the change of hair color really helped. No one knew that one of Master Losh's assassins was still at the Temple Mount. The secret of her disguise was her mastery over the force power of stealth. Not even Master Tra Vie could sense her darkness as she pleasantly walked right past him.

“I can get rid of him if you want.” The ranger laughed as he turned to see Biggs down the path.

She shook her head and pulled his head around in to another kiss. “No you have been more then helpful. While I will have to wait for my beloved Rigs return from Yavin I am sure you will keep me more then company. For now it would seem that I am need else where.” she said softly running her hands through his hair. “Thank you for your comlink, I will contact you later but I have to go now” she said getting up and walking towards Biggs.

Biggs eyes almost popped right out of their sockets. He held his comments till they were alone once more, “Are you insane!” he said quietly, “When I was told to deliver it here I never dreamed I would have seen that.”

“Silence boy!” Orchid hissed, “Do you have it or not?”

Biggs was not used to being addressed in such disregard but he most of the time knew better. “Yes here is it.” He said handing over the comlink address that he was tasked with recovering. “Why not just let me transmit it? Why the personal meeting?” he questioned.

Orchid snapped the data crystal from him and activated it. She smiled as she read the address. It was prefect, they now had the means to track Master Draeks Kas'lar. He and his hunters had been a nasty thorn in Mother's side for a long time. The last run in they had with Master Draeks Kas'lar and his hunter almost cost her her own life and could have been very nasty for mother. Orchid smiled more deeply, “The reason why is tracking of this information. Mother wanted to make sure that there were no links to this information other then how it was gathered from the database.” she said putting the crystal away. “Mother has a new task for you” she said then added, “You are to become even closer to Lysire. Her friends don't trust you and will try to pull you two apart. Mother sees they will do everything they can do to keep you two apart. So you will have to seduce her. Think of it like this, you get to be her first.” Orchid said with a bit of laughter in her voice at the thought of one of Mother's minions taking Lysire's virtues and the thought of Sinya's reaction to it.

“Oh hey, um, wait a minute. I do have some standards here. I will let her believe what she wants but I am not sleeping with that stupid Rim Rat.” he said in defiance.

Without a further word being said, Orchid side stepped him and before he knew what had happened she jerked his right arm up and behind his back. She kicked his feet right out from under him and knocked his balance off. She turned and forced his face in to the cool water of a near by pound. He thrashed about fighting for freedom from her grip and for air. Orchid only continued to hold his head under the water. He reached up behind his body trying to force her to release him. His wet hand pushed her face away and washed off her make up revealing her tell tail tattoo across her eyes. She only smiled at the feeling of his life slowly leaving his body. His fighting slowly weakened as she continued to hold his head under the water. Within seconds he lacked the strength to even reach up at her face. At that point she pulled his face out of the water. She released him and stood up pulling out her make up kit and touch up her disguise. He laid on the ground cough up water unable to move from the attack.

Coughing, “....y.....you.....a.....r.....mad.....” he worked out coughing and trying to get his breath back. There was not a doubt in his mind that she would have killed him if she didn't need him. Being valued to her was the only reason why he was still alive.

Noting even looking down at him, “Never dare to tell me what you will or will not do. Despite the fact I can not use my powers does not mean I can not kill you Boy.” She said making sure her disguise was prefect once more, “Now, you will sleep with her. Make her love you, show her that you love her. Let her give you her virginity. Make sure you record it all. Soon her time will come when she will be recruited by Mother. You are the key to this goal. Mother has seen this. Your little Rim Rat is very important to Mother's plans.” She pulled out the data crystal that he gave her, “This proves Mother is right. We could never had been able to get this information without her.” she said then put her compact and the crystal both away as she knelled next to him, “So did you have anything else to say, Boy.” she added.

Biggs looked down in defeat. He hated her but she was his ticket to what he wanted. Power! He shook his head, “no” he said softly as he started to get up. “I am sorry”

Orchid nodded as she helped him up, “I have a gift for you, boy.” She said handing him a data crystal, “Tell your Master you found this here and was confused about what it means.” she said.

Biggs looked at the information, “What is Star and why would it, they...someone? retaliate?” he asked generally confused.

Orchid smiled, “Your Master will understand it. He might even explain it to you.” She said as she started to walk deeper in to the Garden and to her escape from the Temple.

Biggs watched her walking through the garden. She was dangerous, very dangerous and there were times when he truly thought he made a mistake in dealing with her. But now it is way too late for that. He was in too deep. He needed what she was teaching him and in time he would send her back to the hell that she crawl out from. Once she was out of sight he looked down at the crystal and couldn't help wonder what all this was about. Then his thoughts turned to the disgusting task of mating that stupid rim rat. “Oh and sure they want proof of it too.” he said coldly then turned to walk back to the landing pad. “At least I have time to get my stomach ready for it.” he commented on the task.
06-13-2013, 07:44 PM,
(1.12) Welcoming Home
Welcoming Home
Republic Heavy Cruiser Defiance
En route: Coruscant System

Captain Heartman set in his ready room going over notes and mission reports from the Immortals' unit. His demeanor was calm as he took a drink of his coffee while reading the After Action Reports (AARs). He moved notes around his desk as he continued to read each report submitted. He liked keeping them in some order of events so a larger picture can be seen. Sadly there weren't as many reports as he had hoped for. The high number of losses were simply unacceptable. He made a mental note to speak to Fiolla (AKA Talon) about this. Good news was there are plenty of helmet cam videos to make up for the loss of AAR. The mission looked rough from the very beginning as they were shot down by enemy fire and didn't let up till they were picked up just a few hours ago.

He was impressed with Fiolla's leadership skills and her ability to command her troops under high stress situations. She was a sound commander with a very good head on her shoulders. He frowned as he continued reading the reports. Sure she was a brilliant field commander but she was being held back by the Jedi. More notably, Jedi Daz. Their rivalry was clearly noted in almost all of after action reports. He would question her orders and authority with no concern of who his actions looked to her troops. His inference to her leadership rippled through her command. Captain Heartman knew that the Jedi were well respected and seen as powerful leaders. For this Daz to act the way he did undermined her leadership of her troops. And basing on what he saw, nearly all the time, Daz was wrong.

He shock his head, “Either she learns to deal with him or he will ruin her career.” he said softly putting his coffee down. He had seen this before, brilliant military commanders held back by the moral convictions of Jedi. Fiolla was a gifted in her skills and training as any Jedi was in their own right. She was no where near the failure like his own son. Who was nothing more then a disgrace to the family as a whole. 'such a promising career thrown down the drains over such a stupid little thing' He thought to himself.

David (AKA Dave) Herron Heartman IV was Captain Heartman's only son. Like Fiolla, he had a brilliant mind and was as dedicated to advancing his career. During his Academy days he played Gravball and was the MVP of the Army/Navy game. Pushed himself up through the ranks of other cyphers till he was one of the leading cyphers the Republic Intelligence Corp had ever seen. And was picked up just a year out of the Academy by them. Captain Heartman remember how proud everyone in the family was for Dave. He was a rising star and everyone respected him for his hard work. Then that day came when she entered his life and ruined it.

She was a recently freed Twi'Lek slave and Dave was helpless to her charms. Captain Heartman did everything in his powers to protect his son from the clear threat she represented. However, his son was in love. In hoping for some compromise, Captain Heartman offered to buy her back in to slavery and his son can keep her as a house slave. Just for looks, no one had to know the truth about what she really was. A more suitable wife could be found and all Dave would have to do is make sure no one knew that he was in love with a alien slave female. Being as stubborn as his father, calmed the more then fair offer was insulting.

Then Dave foolishly announced a year later that she was with his child. It was one thing to flaunt her around in the family's face but Dave had cross the line. He lost his post at the Republic Intelligence Corp. Only a week before he was to be shipped out to an outer rim post as a supply officer, there was the accident. Captain Heartman remembered that night clearly. His own son accused him of being behind the accident. Her airspeeder had lost power to the control systems and crashed. The best doctors would work hours to save her life but sadly, their unborn child would not survive.

Captain Heartman made one last plea to his son. That through this horrible accident Dave could rebuild his life and all that he had lost. All he needed to do was send her away. He had no ties to her now and that all things could be fixed through hard work and a bit of time. It was the last time Captain Heartman spoke to his son. Dave made it clear that night that he loved her and would never leave her side. Later, they both boarded the transport and left for his outer rim post. Captain Heartman never saw his son after that. For him, his son died that day.

Then came Fiolla, she was a young raising star in the Academy and Captain Heartman saw a great future with her. Even before she was out of her second year he already started pulling the strings that were needed to make sure that she had all the chances she needed to excel. He opened doors for her that normally would have taken years to open. And while he helped her from a distance, she still had preform. She had to earn these 'lucky breaks' along the way. He followed her Academy days very closely from a distance. Then the day came for her advance graduation. He pulled in every favor he had and even went in to debt with her parents to ensure she was posted to his ship.

Her training and his guidance never let up. She had the heart to push herself harder then any other soldier he had. She was truly a raising star and for him, a means to make up for the failures of his own lost son. “I will be damned if Daz will ruin her career. I have worked too hard for her to have him screw it up.” he said harshly as he leaned back in his chair. He hated the idea that the Jedi have such freedom to ruin such promising careers. He smiled at the thought, 'the Senate is starting to see this as well.'

The office filled with the sound of buzzing as someone desired his attention. Captain Heartman cleared off his desk and made sure he looked his best. “Come” he ordered once he was ready.

The door hissed opened as his chief medical officer walked in, “Trailue,” Captain Heartman said pleasantly to a member of his command staff, “What brings you up this high in the ship?” he asked. Trailue and Captain Heartman went all the way back to the Academy. Back then Captain Heartman was the Captain of their Gravball team and Trailue was the teams leading Sprinter. They were best friends back then and now they are closer then brothers. It was Trailue's own sister that Captain Heartman married and fathered Dave with. Between the two men there were little secrets.

The Veteran Doctor nodded as he walked right up to the Captain's desk, “This David.” he said placing a data storage device on the captain's desk. “We found it on the female Jedi named Lysire.”

The captain picked up the device and looked at it. “It seems to be incomplete?” he said softly examining it. It seemed to be a data storage device from a Datapad or Compad.

“I personally took it to security first for their professional opinion. It is pretty serous, David.” he said calmly as he put another datachip on the captain's desk. “This is what they had to say.”

Captain Heartman picked up the second chip and loaded it in his terminal. He waited for the complete report load. Leaping back in his chair in shock, “Who knows about this?” He said looking at the doctor. There was genuine concern and surprise in his normally well controlled face.

The doctor knew that this question would be coming, “Myself, the nurse that found the chip, and Commander Shallder from security. That is it, no one else is aware of this information.” The doctor informed. He had known right away when he was in security the nature of what was going on. “I have already taken steps to ensure that the nurse understands that she is not to speak of this to anyone.”

Captain Heartman leaned back in his chair with a great weight on his mind. Something like this does not happen out of chance. This could be what he was waiting for. But he had to play his part first to get what he needed for Fiolla. Regardless of how he felt about the Jedi and their ways, he had to do his duty to Fiolla. It was time for her career to truly shine. “Thank you Doctor you have done a great job so far. Effective immediately, this Jedi, Lysire, is confined to quarantine. Make up some medical reason. Make sure it is sound. This other Jedi, what is his name..” The Captain trailed as he went through other AAR's. He knew the name he was looking for, but right now he had to get in to part for what was going to come. “Daz, he will demand to see her. Listen to me, under no circumstance is anyone to speak to her or see her.” The Captain ordered. “May Odin for give me, we may have to execute her.” He said leaning back in his chair once more. There was concern on his face. “You are dismissed Doctor. I have things I have to tend to now.” he said waving the Doctor out of the office.

Trailue knew what was going to happen and he was happy that the Captain kept that part of it to himself. While they held little secrets, it is a known fact that Trailue has a trust problem with others. The two know this little fact well and work around it. He remembered the day he talked to his wife about Captain Heartman and his son. He thought she could be trusted but instead she ran to Dave and told him all that she knew. She claimed in her defense that Captain Heartman was being cruel and unjustly unfair. Trailue nodded and turned sharply and left the office.

He activated his intercom, “Grillus, I want you to send a priority message to the Jedi Council. Inform them we have a Succubus situation on our hands and need their guidance. Inform me once they are ready for the holocon. And Grillus, NO one is to know about this message nor any record of it.” He ordered harshly.

The voice over the intercom responded with a snap, “Aya Sir...”

Captain Heartman paused a moment leaving the channel open, “Inform the XO and Commander Shallder, I need them in my ready room.” he said a bit more softer but urgency was still in his voice.

The voice replied once more, “Aya Sir!”

The Captain turned the intercom off and slowly rose up from his chair. He walked over to a wall cabinet. He entered a short code on a pad that was on the side of the cabinet. The framed picture on the front of the cabinet slowly rose up reveling a small shrine. With the greatest of care he pulled out the tray that held the shrine. He knew he had time as the XO was on the other side of the ship and Commander Shallder would wait for the XO arrive. He placed the shrine on his desk and keeled before it.

He closed his eyes softly and bent over till his head rested on the floor of his office with his arms stretched out above his head, “Wōđanaz, far-wanderer, grant me wisdom, Courage, and victory. Friend Donar, grant me your strength. And both be with me during this trying time of conviction.” He said softly and in great reverence to the shrine. He slowly rose back up to a keeling position. He Reached up under the blouse of his uniform and drew out a dagger decorated in ruins and small gems. It was clear that this dagger was a family heirloom. “Please accept this blood scarface and answer my prayers.” he said softly as he drew this blade across his own palm.

Reaching up towards the small shrine he closed his bloody hand and squeezed his fist. At the same time he returned the dagger to its hiding place under his uniform. Small droplets of blood fell on the shrine. He closed his eyes and waited for a moment before slowly pulling his hand back. He slowly rose up to his feet and pulled his handkerchief from his pocket. Rapping his hand within it he made sure that he would not drip blood anywhere else in his office. He carefully picked up the shrine and returned it to its hiding place. He reached back to the control pad so to trigger the picture panel to lower and conceal the shrine again.

Captain Heartman slowly returned to his desk and set down. He thought carefully of the events that were about to unfold. He knew each of the players involved and knew how they were going to react. Each had to be played just the right way for this to work out right. The buzzer sounded once more. “Just in time,” he said softly, then echoed loudly, “Come!” The door opened up as two Naval Officers walked in.

Commander Shallder was a well respected security officer who had been recruited in the past by a number of Republic ships and bases. Like Docter Trailue, Commander Shallder went back to the Academy and played on the same Gravball team as them. He was the best Assaulter in the league and Best man at Captain Heartman's wedding. The man was loyal to his Captain and to the 501st. While the option to move forward and advance his own career, Commander Shallder remained with the 501st . Shallder was a large powerful man and unlike most security officers, he loved to carry his Republic issued blaster rifle slung to his back. He walked in and took notice at once to the wound on his Captain's hand. He nodded softly and, “Captain.”

Commander Garn Niklos was a Nautolan. Captain Heartman didn't have anything personally against the man. The problem with Commander Niklos was he was forced on the 501st by the Senate thanks to their new 'integrated military' policy. Commander Niklos was a fine officer and surely a good man, but before the Senate passed their integrated military policy, the 501st was solely an Azgardian unit. To make matters worse, Commander Niklos was a former Jedi before joining the Republic Navy. Like all Jedi, he was simply not to be trusted. The bulk of the Azgardians within the 501st held little trust for the man. Which was clearly seen throughout the ship. However, Captain Heartman would never allow any member of the 501st to disrespect any Republic Officer either in public or private. He made his position clear to everyone in the unit before Commander Niklos and the other transfers arrived.

Before the Captain could speak Commander Niklos spoke up, “You hurt your hand Sir?” Motioning to the Captain's wound.

Captain Heartman glanced down at the bloody rag over his hand. “Yes, I cut it while cleaning my combat knife.” he said coldly, his lie was prefect and undetected. Even Shallder who knew better actually bought the lie. “More importantly I need you two to look at this. I know you have already seen it Shallder, however XO you need to see it. This is all protocol and I want to make sure that we are doing things as per Republic Law.” he said softy showing them the stored information on the datachips before any more distractions could be put forth.

Both men looked at the information and then when they were done they nodded. It was the XO who spoke up first, “By the Will of the Force, where did this come from Sir?” he asked.

Captain Heartman looked coldly, “The Jedi Padawan Lysire. It was hidden on her person. Our medical staff discovered it while tending to her wounds and took action.” He then looked at Commander Shallder, “You handled it personally correct?” Captain Heartman waited to get Shallder's nod then continued, “Can you tell if this is authentic?”

“I had a close friend who can be trusted check it out. It is authentic and more importantly, it is still active.” Commander Shallder said placing his own data on the table for the captain to review.

Heartman leaned forward and picked up the data and looked at it. “We need to alert the Senate at once about this, Sir” Commander Niklos said. Things like this had to be handled in the right way.

Captain Heartman looked up, “Not till we speak to the Jedi Council. I want them involved in this. It is only respectful.” Captain Heartman said playing his first piece on the field. Niklos might have been a Jedi before but his loyalty to the order was trumped by his loyalty to the Republic. He knew how Niklos would react and that no matter what was said here, what Niklos would do in the end.

“Respectful? Sir? We have a crisis on the verge of taking place and you wish to speak to the Council first? Sir this is against protocol. We have to send a message to the Senate at once.” Commander Niklos commented in confusion.

It was Commander Shallder who spoke up next, “Had we not discovered this, it would be a crisis. However, we have it now. The Jedi is, well, not speaking to anyone about it. So the crisis is under control. Deliberate in action is how the Captain works, Sir. If we act before we know all the details then we risk losing ground.” The Captain only nodded knowing that Shallder more then understood what was going on. Captain Heartman trusted Shallder more then anyone on the ship for a reason.

Before anyone could speak again, the intercom came to life, “Sir, I have Master Tra Vae and the council on the line.”

“Good, link them here to my table” the Captain ordered.

The lights dimmed as the holotable came to life with three figures. Everyone in the room was surprised to see only three members of the Council present. “Master Jedi Tra Vae, I was expecting the full council for such an important situation.” Captain Heartman said politely. The number of Jedi Masters told Captain Heartman a great deal. He knew that they already aware of what was going on or that the other members could not be trusted. They wanted to handle this very carefully and that played in to Captain Heartman's plan.

“The rest of the Council could not be made available on such short notice.” Master Tra Vae lied. He was a well respected Jedi Master and a very skilled lier.

However when it came to deception and deceit no one was better then Captain Heartman. He picked up on the lie almost as the words left Tra Vae's mouth. This only confirmed his first thoughts. “Master Jedi, I am transferring you a string of data. It is only a section of what we can transfer under the given situation. We discovered this on one of your Jedi Padawans, Her name is Lysire.” he said motioning for the transfer to take place. “I can assure you with great distress that the remainder of the information is authentic.”

Master Tra Vae seemed distracted as he reviewed the data. On board the Defiance, it was clear that the Jedi's had muted their side to discuss what they had received. There was clearly an emotional response to the data by them. Once more Captain Heartman picked up on that little fact. “Captain, this is truly disturbing. I take it you have already contacted the Senate?” Master Tra Vae was fishing.

Captain Heartman smiled inwardly, he had them, “No Master Jedi, I felt something like this should be communicated to the Jedi first. After all, I did not wish to act before all the facts were understood. And I know that Jedi have a better understanding of things then I do.” he said then paused. He was giving enough time for the situation to set in. Then almost as if reading from a script card, “Though you are right Master Jedi, I should contact them at once and notify them of the situation.” Captain Heartman said as he leaned forward showing the intent on his face.

Master Tra Vae seemed to be searching his thoughts for something, the looked back at the Captain, “Wait Captain, one moment please. This young Jedi that you got this data from is a rare Jedi. She is very gifted. I can speak personally for her loyalty to the Republic and to the Order. If this were to go to the Senate, her career and freedom would be place in peril. We do not need to pursue that path.”

Captain Heartman just listened while looking unconvinced, he knew that if he spoke now he would give up his position. Letting Master Tra Vae's fears consume him is much better then speaking of fears. “Captain, would you be so understanding to honor a request” Master Tra Vae asked respectfully.

Captain Heartman smiled inward once more, “My, Master Jedi? During such an important situation are you sure this is wise? Witness of this situation is fundamental for the protocols of this situation. I would not want to place anyone in jeopardy.”

Tra Vae was beaten before he even realized he had backed himself in to a corner. “Captain, I am sure.” There was nothing left then damage control.

Captain Heartman nodded and waved his officers out of his ready room. The other two images on the holocon faded and vanished. “We are alone over here Master Jedi. I am listening.”

Tra Vae nodded, “As we are here Captain. As I have said, this young Jedi is very gifted and very important to the Order. We can not have this situation slip out of control. This information that you have found. I need it and all records of it to disappear. What will it take for you, Sir, to take care of this for me, Captain?” Tra Vae said doing his best to keep up this face. It was a lost though, Captain Heartman knew already he had beaten the Jedi.

Captain Heartman just looked at the image of Tra Vae. Not once reveling the smile that bloomed deep inside. Commander Niklos would surely report this information to the Senate and his own loyal friends there would catch it and the situation would be contained that way. Niklos would be proven to be untrustworthy and that would be the end of it. Captain Heartman would make sure that there were no traces of the evidence here on his ship. Commander Shallder would make sure of it. Heartman trusted Shallder to do his part. Even if it was reported and leaked out, Niklos would look like he was going after his Captain with lies. It would end his career and they would no longer have to deal with him again. OR Commander Niklos would follow the orders of his Captain. The situation would end there. Niklos would more then prove his loyalty to his Captain once and for all.

Though what it meant for the Jedi made Captain Heartman very interested, he knew that they would want it buried due to recent events in the Senate. This would easily end their hopes of undoing the Senate's latest moves to control them. But there was something else this Jedi was hiding. Something much more serous then what was going on in the Senate. Captain Heartman wanted to get to the bottom of it, but not during this match. That will be for tomorrow's match. Now he wanted something else from them. “I am sure you are aware of the issues between your Padawan Daz and my Lieutenant Fiolla Heartman.” The nod from the Jedi was all that Captain Heartman needed, “Here is the price of what you ask for Master Jedi..........”
06-14-2013, 08:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-14-2013, 08:56 AM by Akirapryde.)
(1.13) Hail Our Heroes!
Hail Our Heroes!
Republic Heavy Cruiser Defiance
Arriving: Coruscant System

The fire fight had been just what Fiolla had expected. The enemy was dug in and waiting for them. Sure she knew it was a good thing to protect the civilians of the town but not like this. That damn Jedi never listens to her and now her men were going to pay the price for his mistake. He even foolishly ran right on top of a land mine because he doesn't listen. Her hands and combat knife worked hard as she tried to disarm the mine while Zey gave brutal cover fire. Shots ripped next to her and the runt as sweat dripped in to her eyes while she worked. Luckily for the runt, it was a simple mine with no tamper switches. There was the click she had been working for. It meant that she had jammed the trigger with her blade. Seconds turned to what seemed like hours as she leaped to her feet and grabbed the little runt by his shoulders. In that moment saw two rifles from different windows pointing right at them. She could leap over the car as she had originally planned. But that meant almost certain death for the runt!

In that second of her life, she remembered back when they were kids growing up. Oh how she, her sister and him used to play together at her uncles estate. She even remembered how he had earned his nickname, runt. She used to pick on him so much. How she loved him like the little brother they never had. So much had passed since then, but deep down inside even now she saw that little runt who she loves as a brother. She never believed that he deserved to be out here in harm way. He had always been too small, too weak, and so much her little brother. She hated the idea of him being out here. And now his life was in danger.

'No' She thought as she jammed up the servos in her armor twisting in that moment and hurling Daz over the vehicle and out of harms way. Her heads up display in her helmet showed both shots ripping through her armor. The medical sensors picked up the wounds and had the platoon's Corpsman not died in the crash he would have been alerted of the fatal wounds. Talon's legs gave out under her as she crashed to the ground. Tears filled her eyes as the internal bleeding ran out of control. The pain was so much more intense then she had ever thought. The armor signaled her heart rate dropping below safe levels as well as her blood pressure dropping. She could feel the coldness of her limbs rushing up her body as her own life's blood rushed out of the entry and exit points of both wounds.

Yet there was comfort in her heart as she approached death's doorstep. While her suite alerted her of her medical condition and continued to send out its updates to the Platoon Corpsman, she only looked under the vehicle and saw Daz laying there looking elsewhere. “I am sorry my friend” she coughed out through the blood, She couldn't have known that the second round smashed through her com-system. Even if she wanted to call out for help she couldn't. “I'm sorry brother......” she managed to correct as she cough up blood for the last time. In that moment Talon felt the great weight of guilt lifting from her. In her deed of saving Daz's life she had managed to earn forgiveness for her past wrong doings. Her eye sight faded as she slowly drifted off in calm and peace.

She felt her body slowly falling out from underneath her. Upward she felt her soul drifting. Around her she could feel the combat taking place. There was only warmth and comfort around her. She knew that they were in good hands with Zey. There was no reason for her to linger about. Her life had been short but fulfilling. Behind she left her loved ones in good hands and she knew that they would be taken care of. Higher and higher in to the light she drifted. There was happiness and she could even feel the warmth of the afterlife beckoning her.

Then she was surrounded with dark thunder clouds as her vision now gone. She could feel cold rushing back to her being. Voices yelling in the distance, 'what's going on?' she questioned as more and more feelings rushed over her being. Peace was replaced with pain, once more intense pain. She cried out as she slowly opened up her eyes to see Daz and Zey arguing over her death. She could not make out all of the words but she knew that Daz had something to do with her being called back to life! “She doesn't deserve death...” she heard Daz saying to Zey. Daz had called her back!

Talon leaped from her bed with a jolt screaming out loud. Her breath racing, sweat dripping her from body she rolled over to her side and looked at the clock. Even still drunk she only managed to get less then an hour sleep. Her room on the Defiance was dark but she could see enough to get around. She slid off her bed and landed on the floor. Her hands shaking uncontrollably as was the rest of her body. “Get a grip Talon..” she said looking at her hand. She slowly rolled over in to a siting position and took a look at both hands. Still they were shaking as she opened and closed them. “Get a grip girl!!!” she ordered herself as she slammed her fist on to the cold hard deck.

Reaching up over her shoulder she grabbed the bottle that had help her to sleep earlier from the nightstand. While her hands still defying her, she held the bottle with both and put the stopper in her mouth. Gripping the stopper with her teeth she pulled the bottle free from it with a pop. She sit there for a moment looking at the large bottle now half empty and she was ready for more. Spitting the stopper across her floor she sighed. She was not even seventeen yet and already she was more then comfortable with drinking. Her life had always been on the fast track. Pre-Academy followed by Academy and early graduation. Then early commission and a jump in pay grade. It had been a fast life and one that she had to work so hard for. She put the bottle to her mouth and drank till she could not drink anymore.

Pulling the bottle away her tears once more returned, She pulled out her dog tags from under her shirt. On the same chain was a small unimportant silver woven knot, “So now the time has come” she said in tears, “Defeated, to you I fall. And I will let my soul, Be carried by your call. Today I give myself, to utterly be thine. And I will take your knot, For my life as sign. Wanderer, I call to thee, My sacrifice is yours alone.” her tears over coming her voice, “Throw Gungnir over me, And take me as your own.” she said then stopped. Unable to continue, she cried softly till she was able to add, “But Valhalla has been denied me, my Lord.”

She struggled to her feet as she took another drink from the bottle. Using the nightstand as support she pulled draw her body back and lunged forward screaming, “Fuck you Daz!” as she throw the bottle against the door screaming. It shattered in a loud crash echoing across the room. The remains of the bottle and its contents flew about the room. In her drunken state fell to the ground. Crying, “What have I ever done to you...why Daz why deny me...why???” she cried out loudly no longer caring.

She stumbled to her feet, “Why...” she said more softly as she stumbled over to her desk. Using the desk for support she picked up another bottle and ripped the stopper off it like the one before. Taking another drink she reached over to her chair and pulled out her heavy blaster pistol. “Why?? Why??” she kept saying as she stumbled to the door. It hissed open as she walked through it and vanished down the hall. The door hissed close as her departure.

Captain Heartman was very pleases with the way the plans were going. Tra Vae was good to his word and his Father had come through as well. With a little luck, he would have just what he was looking for. He was about to create a Galactic Hero for the Republic. He smiled to himself as he looked over the reports and the press releases. He really didn't have to doctor much up. She was just who she was, a brave woman that was ready to be recognized by the Republic. He leaned back in his chair once more completely proud of all that he was able to put together in just the past three days in hyperspace. Now there was just over twenty four hours till the big show.

There was a chime on his intercom. “Yes?” he said as he answered it.

“Captain, you need to get down to the training deck.” It was the Training Sergeant Major and in his voice Captain Heartman heard concern. Something bad was happening.

“I am on my way!” Captain Heartman said as he got up from his chair and rushed out of his ready room.

Captain Heartman walked on to the training deck to see the Training Sergeant Major, Doctor Trailue and Commander Shallder ducked behind some crates. The answer to why they were hiding soon became appertain as a blaster shot landed on a nearby wall. He was not about to dive for cover on HIS ship. He stood his ground and looked to where the fire came from. “TALON!” he shouted.

He saw her stumbling as she attempted a bit of target practice. “What is going on here!?” he demanded as he walked towards her. Doctor Trailue and Commander Shallder followed now that the Captain had shown up.

“Can't you see uncle? I am getting better. See pushing more and going further.” Talon said as she tried to hit another target. She failed horribly.

Captain Heartman was not impressed. In fact his anger was growing fast. “Put the weapon down Talon.” He ordered.

Talon stopped to take a drink from her bottle then looked at the weapon. She tears were flowing from her eyes. “I don't want it anymore.” she said tossing it to the side. “I don't want any of this any more.” She said in tears. It was clear she was suffering from her near death experience and extreme stress she had been under. She needed help to cope with her life, professional help.

“Talon, look at yourself. You're drunk and acting foolishly.” he said trying to be calming. He held out his hand behind his back. Doctor Trailue stepped closer and slipped something in to his hand. Captain Heartman started to walk forward slowly. “You have one of the most impressive careers in the Republic Navy. This kind of behavior” Motioning at her and the surrounding area, “is not good for that career.” he said softly.

Talon started to take another drink from her bottle but stopped. He was right, she had work so hard for this career she has now. But what did she really have? She had her troops who would die in combat at any point in time. She had Zya, the closest thing she ever had to a friend. Yet for all that she did, there were those in the unit that actually feared her. She worked so hard and for the first time in her life she realized that she really didn't have anything. She looked at her uncle, he had commanded this ship for years. Was this to be her future as well? She looked at the bottle, “what have I become?” she said softly looking up to her uncle.

Captain Heartman smiled at her with pride. “You have become a hero that millions can look up to. You are famous my little Talon” He said pleasantly.

She still looked at the bottle then over to her image on the wall, “Something that others can look up to” she questioned then looked back to her uncle, “How can they look up to me when I despise what I have become!” she said thinking of her sister. She had real friends that would lay down their lives for her out of love for her. She had a real life outside of what she was in the order. Her life was so much more simple and didn't have the pressure of success. She dropped the nearly empty bottle to the deck with a shattering sound. She turned and started to walk away, “I...I want to quit” she mumbled.

Captain Heartman couldn't believe his ears. “What?” he paused in disbelief, “What did you say.”

She turned to face him, “I quit!” She yelled out making sure he could hear her now. For the first time in her life, she was taking control of it. “I don't want this anymore. I want more then to become a killing monster!” She barked as she moved towards him. Looking down again, knowing that her anger shouldn't be directed at him. He had always been there for her. Supported her when her own parents were unable to. He was like a second father to her. He didn't deserve this, “I hate what I have become, uncle!” she said calming down a bit. Her tears now out of control, “I push so hard and still I hate what I see in the mirror, uncle.” she admitted to the cold hard truth that took her near death to realized.

He looked down for a moment. There was so many ways this could go and still he needed her for his plans. He looked up at her with a sad look in his eyes. “Gigit,” he said in such a soft and nurturing voice. The affect on her was clear as she looked up with tears in her eyes. She remembered her childhood nickname he used to call her back at his estate. “I know you have pushed yourself so hard and have accomplished so much.” he said as he saw her eyes. She could see that he saw what she was saying. “Come here, Gigit.” he said holding his arms open for her.

She could not believe it, he understood her. For the first time in her life she knew that everything was going to be okay now. She smiled in relief as she rushed forward in to his arms. “Oh uncle!”

He closed his arms around her in comfort while she held tight to him, “You are no monster, Gigit” he said running his hand through her hair. “You just need some help and I will make sure you get that help Gigit.” he said as his hand slowly rose up behind her back.

“I really just want to be a teenager again. I don't want to be a soldier anymore. Please help me be free of all of this.” she said crying with her face buried in his chest.

He frowned as he spoke, “I know Gigit and you won't have to worry about this anymore. I will take care of everything. Promise” he said as he drove the needle of the sedative in to the back of her neck. He pushed the plunger before she could even react. He held her tight as she attempted to struggle, but it was over as soon as it started. The sedative was fast acting and she never had a chance.

Fiolla could hear voices but couldn't make them out. Her head felt light and fuzzy and her body refused to obey her commands. She couldn't even open her own eyes. She knew that she was laying down on a bed of some kind. Or at least she felt like she was laying down, or maybe floating. She felt something in her arms but not sure what it was. There were beeping sounds around her as well as other noises. She was scared. She didn't remember what happened or how she got here, she tried to call out for her uncle but no sound came out of her lungs. The voices came closer, “Are you sure this is the only way?” They were strange noises as if they were some kind of alien. Fear continued to over run her mind.

“Yes I am sure.”

“Look I am not doing this unless you give your word that once this is over she will get the help she needs.”

“You have my word Doctor. Now can we please continue.”

“Okay how far back do we need to wipe?”

“Just before the point she was shot and killed. Erasing those memories and input these. That will solve this problem Doctor.”

Fiolla felt terror consuming her, Erasing memories? Whos? Mine?

“Nurse, give her another dose of sedative and take her deeper in to the coma for the procedure.”

Fiolla tried to yell out but no sounds left her mouth, 'Please don't take my memories!' she tried to beg of the voice. Over and over again she begged but soon all she felt was darkness around her......

Thousands of Coruscant citizens came out to welcome the finest unit in Republic History. The entire Republic City was closed to all traffic while the mighty Fleet Assault Carrier Defiance made his slow pass over head. With Defiance's combat wings joining Coruscant's own wings flying in tight formations around the mighty ship, it was truly a spectacle like none seen before. Large air burst fireworks drew in large crowds around the city to watch the mighty warship return home.

The 501st had been on deep patrol along the outer rim for the past six months and was returning home from their peacekeeping duties. While on station in the outer rim, troopers from the 501st had conducted operations ranging from counter pirate operations to humanitarian missions. Each mission that had been set before them by the Senate they completed with stunning colors. Even operations like rescuing Jedi in dire distress. No mission proved too small or too large for the 501st, they truly have earned their place as Coruscant's Own.

As the flagship of the unit made its customary pass by the Senate, the crew and troopers of the 501st stood on deck in their white dress uniforms. This tradition dated back to the first time the 501st returned home from combat thousands of years ago. The tradition was created to show the Senate that they honored their promise, 'We will return home in victory' However this returning was a shock for most. Normally the Unit Commander would take up the position at the bow of the Defiance as it made its pass. Today that position of honor was reserved for one young member of the unit. Lieutenant Fiolla Heartman.

The reason for her to hold such a honor bound position was soon made clear after landing at Republic City's spaceport. Here a large award ceremony was held for the brave men and women of the 501st. A number of troopers and crew members were honored for a degree of awards and brave actions. But it was for the last award recipient that the Senate held out for the best. Lieutenant Heartman was recognized for her remarkable bravery, valor, and courage under fire.

It was the speaker of the Senate who awarded her with the Republic's Order of Valor for leading a brave assault to liberate a small village from an oppressive warlord on Yavin IV. Disregarding the fact that her unit was out numbered over thirty to one, she and her brave unit took on the enemy. They liberated the village with no civilian lost of life. During the assault, Lieutenant Heartman heroically braved enemy fire to rescue a Jedi that had gotten trapped in a mine field.

Even after taking not one but two shots to her back that were near lethal, she lead her unit on a grueling forced road march that lasted nearly twelve hours. At the end of the march she once more lead her unit on another assault with the support of a few Jedi to capture the Force using crime lord Marshien Lazlo and his thugs. During the battle she managed to rescue another Jedi that had been captured earlier that day. Sadly despite her best efforts, Lazlo escaped justice after being killed during the battle.

Jedi Master Tra Vae summed up everyone's feeling when he said, “With more troopers like Lieutenant Heartman working side by side with the Jedi Order, the Republic shall never need to fear the darkness.” Due to her courage in rescuing two of his young Jedi, Jedi Master Tra Vae made her an honorary member of the Jedi Order and awarded her the second highest award eligible to those non-Force users.

As the day festivities slowed down, a new sense of security was felt throughout Coruscant as many eyes were now watching the bright and distinguished career of this young Republic Marine Officer. From this reporters desk, We here at the Republic News Agency would like to issue our heartfelt thanks and gratitude to the brave men and women like Lieutenant Heartman of the 501st. To whom they stand between us and the forces of darkness.
06-14-2013, 07:26 PM,
(1.14) Unleashing the Dogs of War
Unleashing the Dogs of War
Wormwood
Outer Rim

High Altitude Drops are some of the most dangerous drops conducted by the Republic Marines. They are littered with any number of dangers that could end with disastrous results, but the benefits of these kinds of drops are so clear. The dropping ship does not need to enter the atmosphere and therefore limits detection from the planet sensors. The dropping unit is nearly invisible to defenders as they make their approach. The Marines train for these drops more then any other form of insertion. It has almost become a hallmark of the Marines' Operations. And of all the Marines, none hated it more then Talon!

Yes Talon loved the feeling of being some great predator bird descending on her pray. She loved the view that very few ever get to see, but still she hated falling for minutes through the atmosphere. If there were any unseen kinks in her armor, she would never feel her body burning up in a fraction of a second. Or a system failure and she would slam in to the planet at blazing speeds. Once more she would end before she realized it would be over. It was that lack of control over her life and death she hated and such she hated drops like these.

Talon was just getting comfortable the idea that this drop was going to go off without problems when she was hit by a powerful force sending her flipping and rolling as she fell through the air. Even before her on board computer was telling her what had happened she already knew. She was dropping through turbulence. And from the judge of her tossing and rolling it was heavy. “Ah Shit!” Talon managed to get out as she fought at her suit to regain control. “Damnit, I hate this shit, Zey!”

“Whats going on?” Zey said over the radio.

Talon was stilling fighting for control of her fall, “I hit some really nasty turbulence at flight level four five” she said holding her cool while her mind was screaming out.

“Sir” is all that Zey said. She didn't need to say any more and Talon knew that she was relaying the warning to the rest of the unit while Talon was working on getting a control of her on problem. It was the reason why these kind of drops call for a person to drop so far ahead of the rest of the unit. Normally it is called the Deadman's Post or DP. It is the only early warning they have for turbulence. If the entire unit ran in to turbulence then lives could be lost. The reason why Talon took on the DP was because she had always led her troops in to combat from the front of the unit. It was who she was.

Training really paid off when it came to crisis situations, and this was no different. Talon knew her unit was in good hands with Zey so she was able to focus on her training. Turning her body so that her head was facing the planet. It was a hard fight against the spinning motion she was left in but in the end she managed to get the angle she wanted. Then she engaged her thrusters. Her hope was to push through the turbulence. Piloting had never been her strong suite. While she did manage to gain some control over the the spin, she did not get total control. “This is why I hate piloting!” she said in frustration as she tried once more to gain control over her fall. The ground was coming up fast and she would hate to end her career like this not to mention she had to get back to Daz. He was due for a nasty lashing for that crap he and Captain Retard were pulling.

Once more she fought to spin her body around and aimed her head at the planet which was coming up so fast. This time she took her time and controlled her fears of slamming in to the planet. She triggered her thrusters once more for a short burst. This time she managed to gain control of her fall and counter the spin she was stuck in. Slowly she was able to move her body so that her head was aiming at the planet below and she was gaining speed through the turbulence. She gave a sigh of relief as she double checked her angle and her fuel supply. She burned up more fuel then she really intended on. She had to be careful or she would run dry and then really make an impact on this world. It was then her computer came to life once more. Little red dots started to pop up on the ground ahead of her. “Damnit! It just never lets up!” she said then paused, “Zey, we have twenty plus Tangos at our LZ.” she said calmly.

Talon heard Zey come over the radio once more, “Do you want to change the LZ?” This made things more difficult for the unit. Difficult but not impossible. It was another role of the DP to ensure that the LZ was clear. However because of fuel issues, Talon had no choice but to land on the original LZ rather she liked it or not.

“How far behind me are you guys?” she asked Zey as she plotted out the Tango's positions around their LZ.

“We are just over a minute behind you Talon. We had to slow down before we hit that turbulence. Once we are through we will try to make up some time” Zey reported.

Talon checked her instruments and smiled, “Okay, I don't have enough fuel to land anywhere else. So I will draw their attention once on the ground and try to soften them up for the rest of you. Just don't be too late for the party, girl.” Talon said with a smile as she thought of how much fun it will be to break in these new upgraded assault suits.

Zey broke in, “Don't be greedy. Leave some for us to kill Talon.” Talon reached behind her back and drew out her assault rifle and took careful aim as she fell through the air. It was a long shot so she decided to wait. Once she hit a more respectful range she squeezed the trigger. The silenced shot rang out and missed horribly. Talon watched as her target looked around to see what made the noise near him. She smiled as he never bothered looked up. 'Classic mistake' she thought as she took aim once more and squeezed the trigger once more. This time the shot rang true. The round ripped through his helmet causing his skull to implode. She knew as he fell over that he made some squealing sound. She saw his fellow soldiers looking around in alarm.

While they were in a state of confusion she landed right behind another soldier. Using her left eye she glanced at a icon on her heads up display. The computer reacted to her command with, “Three Sixty View Activated.” Her sight started to compact as the visual data from all around her was compressed in to seventy degrees of vision on her heads up display. While images started to get elongated and thinned, she was able to see completely around her without having to shift her attention from what is in front of her. She squeezed the trigger two more times as she killed the soldier in front of her.

There were screaming as everyone realized what was going on as the surprise of her arrival passed. Talon turned to roll away from a group of soldiers. There were shots landing around her as she continued to roll for cover. 'They're using Carbines? This will be easier then I thought' she thought. Then she noticed the plum of smoke behind her. She leaped up from her roll trying to dodge the incoming attack. The only problem was that the attack was not leveled directly at her. She had no hope of getting away from it. The blast hit her and all she saw was darkness. Her armor locked up and her computer shut down. “SHIT! WHAT WAS THAT?!” She screamed as she tried to move. Her Armor lost all power.

She was helpless and started to feel that stinging of fear gripping her heart. She was good as dead, “or am I?” she said. Her heads up came back to life as the computer reported, “Reboot in Six.” She still had a fighting chance. She had to wait for six seconds but she still had a chance. She could see a group of seven soldiers moving in to cover her. The rest were keeping a safe distance from her. She could hear one of them talking. 'Why do they always have to talk?' she thought.

“You better kill me now before I kill all of you” she threatened the men. They laughed at her comment thinking that her power armor was normal Republic issue. Little did they know how wrong they were. The leader had pulled out his pistol and aimed it at her head. Using her left eye once more she activated another icon. Her computer now nearly completely rebooted, replied to the command, “Injecting Package A” She felt the five injection points on her harness pierce her skin and inject a mixture of steroids, endorphins, and adrenaline in to her blood supply. The affects were immediate as she felt her body react to the boost.

She watched the leader's finger very carefully. She didn't have to be faster then his bullet, she had to be faster then this finger. He was still smiling as he looked at her trapped in her armor. He still thought she was helpless. She heard, “System Reboot completed, Combat mode activated” It was her turn to smile as she activated another icon. While she was actually helpless one of the soldiers had enough thought to remove her rifle from her hands and her two side arms. They must have thought that was the only weapons they needed to fear. The computer sounded off with, “Spike launcher activated.” Her heart rate was already pushing the limits as fresh oxygen rich blood reached her brain. She watched as his finger slowly started to squeeze the trigger. She had only milliseconds as she shifted her weight and lowered her right knee.

The shot ripped just over her left shoulder as she brought both hands up at the leader. A small tube under her left wrist erupted as a five inch grapple spike rocked towards the leader. There was no line attached to it as it sped its way to him. The spike hit him in his right shoulder slamming him against the truck he was standing in front of. The second spike from her right hand launcher nailed him in the left shoulder pinning him helplessly to the truck. He screamed out in pain as Talon locked on her next target. She spotted that one of the men to her right was carrying a lightsaber on his hip. She turned to her left as her left hand launcher reported ready.

She fired the launcher at a man to her left. To her surprise the spike ripped through him and hit the man behind him. This time she armed it with liquid cable. She smiled at the surprising development. Her computer reacted to her eye command, “Capacitors Discharging.” She watched the two men die a very painful electric death. With her first actions she removed their leader from the fight and killed two of the men surrounding her. The rest opened fired with their carbines. Caught nearly off guard once more, their fire was mostly random and lacked concentration. A few shots landed too close for comfort but Talon was already moving to her next target. One of the soldiers made a foolish mistake as they all fired at her. He was too close for his rifle as he fired it anyway. Talon was able to spin as she knocked the barrel of the rifle away from her and drove her elbow in to the side of his unarmored head. He fell to the ground bleeding uncontrollably.

Still feeling the affects of the injections, it was Talons turn again. She pointed her right hand at two more soldiers running towards her shotting at her. This time she counted on the hit and through affect as had happened before. And once more she hit both of them with the spike launcher and cable. However before she activated the discharge she waited as she watched one of the soldiers running up to her on her heads up display. He must of thought that he was going to get her on her flank. He could not have known that she could easily see him running up to her in her blind spot.

Her plans were disrupted as the man fired at her. There was nothing she could have done to avoid this hit. It was a clear shot ripping through her armor and in to her flesh. Luckily it was only a glancing hit and she didn't feel a thing as her computer reacted, “Injecting Package C.” Her fatigue and pain vanished as the injection was pumped in to her body. Side stepping her attacker she spun her right arm over his head and coiled the cable around his neck and head. Then she activated the discharge and watched the three men die.

She didn't have time to rest as she spotted her next target rushing up behind her with a large melee type weapon. He was coming up right behind her. It was funny as she watched him on both her left and right side of her heads up display. He was cut completely in half in the display. Her computer reacted to her command, “Injection Package B.” Pure concentrated adrenaline flooded her blood as she wanted every bit of speed her body could handle. She watched a second attacker coming up from the left side, once more in her supposed blind spot.

She had spent years watching her sister train with her lightsaber. While Talon thought the lightsaber to be a ancient weapon. She used to love watching her older sister train with it. How graceful her sister was with the weapon. And for now, it was all Talon had left right now. Her mind raced with her battle plan. She went through and covered every angel of what she wanted to do. She ignored the computers warning, “Warning: Blood and Heart rate exceeding maximum safe limits. Toxic levels are approaching.”

Talon's eyes shot open as she dropped to her right knee while her attackers large melee weapon passed harmlessly over her head. She activated the lightsaber she had taken from the man that she had elbowed. She drove the blade behind her as she lowered her head. The blade passed through him killing him instantly. She then rolled forward drawing the blade forward with her movements. The second attacker started to skid to a halt as he realized he had ran right in to her trap. It was too late for him though. Springing up to her left side she swung the blade ungracefully in a wide arc. It didn't need to look pretty and it surely didn't. But it did do its job. The man was cut down before her in a red mist of death. Talon continued to spin around as she saw her next target on a nearby hill top. She hoped that the fear of Jedi had reached this planet. Taking up a pose that she had seen her sister and Lysire practice time and time again over the months they had been together, Talon actually looked like a real Jedi in that moment.

However, the man was not impressed as he took aim right at her with a large carbine weapon. Screaming out his hatred of her, Talon heard the loud sounds of fire. She jerked back as she expected incoming fire. It took a second to realize that she was still alive. Looking back she saw the man dead and Zey standing atop of his body. She smiled, “You know, I love you, Girl!” she said to her battle sister. Talon looked around to see her platoon eliminating the remaining soldiers. “You know you guys are luckily I left you some.” Talon said as she turned off the lightsaber.

Noting that the area was secured she turned back to Zey, “I saw some tangos over that hill, take three and check it out. The rest of you secure the area.” Talon barked as she removed her helmet, “Oh, yeah, Medic!” she said checking her wound and seeing it was bleeding. She let her hair down as she walked over to helpless Militia leader. Her mood changed in that second. He had tried to kill her while she was helpless. “I warned you to kill me, didn't I?” she said as she secured the lightsaber to her hip and dropped her helmet.

“Wait, I surrender, you have to respect that. I am a POW! I have information.” He said trying to save his own life. She only shook her head at him, “You are a Jedi you have to honor my surrender. Please I can help you. I know about another Jedi!” he begged.

The look on Talon's face was that of cold detachment. There was nothing in her eyes other then a blank stare. She pulled her right hand back and then lunged it forward gripping his face across his eyes. He screamed as she looked down at him. “Please!....I Surr......” He screamed out in pain as she started to squeeze his head with her powered hand.

“I warned you to kill me or I would kill you. Didn't I!?” She said as he continued to scream out in pain. She could have ended it allot faster then this but she wanted him to suffer as she killed him. She wanted him to feel the pain of death. Slowly she closed her grip on his face as he screamed out louder and louder. She only stared at him with no emotion in her eyes. Looking in to her eyes, there was nothing but the screams of his suffering till it was over with a moist crunching sound. A think splatter of blood covered her face. She never once looked away as she took his life. There was a darkness in her eyes as she watched the last of his life leave his body. She pulled her bloody hand up and examined it closely. She whipped it towards the ground to clean off the bone and flesh that had stuck to it. It made a splattering sound on the sandy ground.

In the distance she heard her helm reporting, “Warning, toxic levels detected in blood supply. Seek medical attention at once.”
06-15-2013, 08:30 AM,
(1.15) Unleashing the Dogs of War Part Two
Unleashing the Dogs of War Part Two
Wormwood
Outer Rim

Watching the from their advantage point was painful for Orchid. She had set the trap perfectly for Daz. Everything was in place and counted for. Daz and his heroes would drop in and battle her bait unit. Sure she knew that the bait unit would get slaughtered, but hey that is what a bait unit is for right. After all anyways they weren't her troops. Her men are more valuable then that. They were local loyalest and so they were expendable. So while Daz and his heroes would be slaughtering the locals She would set up and launch her own attack. A few well placed snipper shots would kill off Angle and her sister, Zey, that would be child of Bevurn'Age and the bird creature. Leaving a headless unit for her own troops to finish off. And then there was Daz. Oh yes there was Daz left. She would take special pride in finishing him off. Normally she would not take such things so personally but Daz had crossed the line when he murdered her lover.

She took a moment in reflection of her fallen lover. How the morning light would dance off his hair in the wake of a night filled with delivering terror on a town. He taught her the difference cries a mother could make or how a man could be broken in so many different ways. He showed her a level of darkness she never had dreamed of before and how much she could enjoy it. He filled a place in her heart that she never thought was possible before. Her face curled as she thought about how her heart was now broken and empty without him. It was all Daz's fault, “You will pay for what you did, Daz” she cursed then pulled up her communicator while she saw the rest of the Immortals making their landings. “Captain order your men to pull back and vanish. He is not landing here.”

The male voice on the other side replied, “Are you sure ma'am?” She knew it was true and worse yet, once more Daz proved to be too cunning for her. She had under estimated his skills and his ability to be unpredictable. This whole mission had been planned out for him and his death. She would not make that mistake again. She had too much riding on this mission. He would taste her revenge.

“Yes Captain, pull your men out while we still can disengage without a fire fight.” She said disappointedly. She would have sensed him long before they would spring the trap. No, Daz was not here but he was close. She knew this much. She could feel him close to her. In orbit maybe or landing somewhere, she knew he was close. Her plan had brought him out here to the outer rim. She had that much going for her and her revenge.

“What do you mean he is not landing here?” said Japhalush. He was a tribal leader who had fought to gain her favor when she arrived months ago. None in his clan had dared to trust her because of what she was. But none of the others dared turn on her either. Her troops were far better then their own troops. She had made that clear two months ago when she and her forces wiped out the Musavi Clan. Every man, woman and child were killed. She was pure evil and it was that power that drew him to her. It was that single act of terror that proved to him that she would be a valuable ally against the other clans. So acting against the very wishes of his own elders she formed an alliance with her. He had placed a great deal at risk entering in to this alliance with her and if the others in his clan knew about it they all would ally against him. If the other clans knew about it, they would be overrun in a matter of days. But she was worth it. She has already paid for this alliance with shipments of weapons and training. Already the alliance was paying off and he was gaining favor in his clan.

“You said the infidel would be here today.” he said in surprise and anger then continued, “My men are dying down there. We have to rescue them!” He said starting to call in more of his troops but was cut off by a darken dagger to his throat. He just starred at Orchid who looked back at him. The blade came from the person behind him. He was a brave man, but not a stupid man. He just sat there in the sand with his mouth open and his comlink turned off.

Orchid smiled through her burka as she looked at him, 'Such a fool in the ways of the force' she thought of the man before her. All she had to due was nod and her apprentice would end his life just like that. Due to the blowing sands she and everyone else had to wear goggles, so the man could not see her reaction, “Trust me, he will come and when he does, we will strike down the evil man in the name of Lusa” she said softly naming their god like creature that is worshiped. She looked over at Lotus and nodded, “We need to get out of here before we are discovered.” she said calmly. Lotus nodded as she pulled the knife away from the man's neck. Orchid could see the smile on Lotus' face through her force skills. She could see the darkness running through Lotus' aura. She loved how the darkness could flow and make such beautiful patterns and mixes of darkness and deep grays. Something that light siders could never understand.

Orchid had been asking her mother, Rose, to allow her to train a apprentice for many years now. Finally, with Master Chun taking on a new apprentice to train, he had given Orchid a new reason to try to convince her mother. And this last reason was enough for Rose to finally give in to Orchid's request. With the death of Losh, the final chapters of the book were being written and Rose spoke fondly of this time. It was going to be the beginning of a new era for the Galaxy and for them. The alliance with the Puppet Master was only means to the ends that Rose was working for. They were going to bring forth a new darkness to the Galaxy of the like no one had ever seen before. Her beloved had almost found the key before Daz murdered him.

Orchid spent months searching for the right person to train as an apprentice. She went to the Jedi prison on Korriban and searched through the cells there. She only found broken force users that had no fight left in them. She searched temple after temple only to leave them empty handed. She was starting to feel like she would not find who she was looking for. It was only by a chance encounter in a lift when she found the apprentice she was looking for a few months ago. It was actually prefect in finding her. Orchid spent the next month honing Lotus' skills in the dark arts and then offered her, her first cold blooded murder.

He was an aid and dare friend to Master Bevurn'Age. A prefect victim that helped advance their plans. A non-force user caught at the wrong place at the wrong time. Orchid smiled as she pointed out the young man and nodded to Lotus. Lotus, without a second thought followed the young man and right on the steps of the Great Jedi Temple and in plan view of over a hundred witnesses. She drew out her dagger and drove it in to his back, killing him before he even made a whimper. Their escape from the scene was just as well executed. Master Tra Vae tried to cover up the murder and had no hope of containing the fires from it.

Now Lotus was ready for her first real mission for the cause. The bombing was something simple that really didn't call on any special talents. But the killing of the rival clan. That was Lotus idea and what a sweet plan in simplicity. Orchid watched as her little student took a boy by his hair. Holding him tightly she pulled her blade across his throat and let him bleed out before his parents. This was her big first mission and Orchid was not about to let Daz ruin it. Orchid knew how to flush out her pray. He had his weakness' and she knew how to exploit them. Trust was one of those weakness' and she knew he could never truly trust his fellow heroes. Her spies had more then shown her this. His lack of trust will be his undoing and will lead to his death if she can help it.

Before they could reach their simple land speeder they all heard, “Hold it there you three.” Orchid and the others turned to see four Republic Marines behind them. Orchid didn't need to see the faces, she knew who they were. It was Talon's right hand girl Zey. Loyal to a flaw but foolish in her allies and friends. Not one of the Marines would be a match for her and Lotus. They could easily dispatch them but that would bring the entire unit down on top of them. But still not one of them would be a match for them. But Orchid wanted Daz, not some worthless marines. She needed surprise against him and she was not about to trade that in for Zey or any of the other marine.

Orchid smiled through her burka as she calmly raised her hands in surrender and said, “You don't want to murder a family today” as she waved her hand and drew upon the force to convince Zey of the wish. Orchid had known that this was a possibility so she ensured that their local guide had no weapons that could be seen. She and Lotus only carried daggers and their swords were well hidden under their burkas. One the surface they looked like lowly poor local civilians.

“I don't want to murder a family today” Zey replied to her troops surprise.

Orchid nodded and waved her hand again, “You want us to get out of here. Its dangerous.”

The three other troopers looked at each other then back at Zey, “I want you guys to get out of here. Its too dangerous for you guys.” She said then glanced back at her men, “Did anyone miss what I said?” Then she turned back to Orchid and her group, “I said now!” She demanded as she motioned her rifle for them to get going.

Orchid had one last thing for Zey and her men, “None of you found anything worth reporting. Just a traveling family” she said as she waved her hand once more and ensured that the dark side of the force would add its power to her suggestion. The four of them repeated the suggestion and then Orchid added pleasantly, “Yes ma'am, thank you so much.” Orchid had said so softly adding to the trick as they all rushed down the dune and headed to a near by speeder waiting for them. 'Daz, you have won this battle. I promise the next time it won't be so easy for you.' She thought as she and her group boarded the speeder and fled the area. Orchid looked back behind them as they left the area and actually waved at Zey who waved back. “I will kill you Daz” she promised once more.

Zay watched the family of three flee the area. “What kind of parents bring their daughter to a combat zone?” she asked her troops as she turned and walked away.

“This is a strange world Sarge” one of them replied, “Finish our sweep?”

Zay nodded as they continued to search the area. After making sure that no enemy combatants around they continued their sweep. Once their sweep was over they headed back to the truck that Talon had set up as their make shift base of operations. Walking up to Talon, Zay watched the unit's new medic sewing up the nasty wound in Talon's side. “Will you live, Sir?” she asked jokingly.

Talon looked up as the man was threading the tiny cord through her flesh, “I guess” she said then motioned to the medic, “I really like this guy. Tough on the outside but has a real lady's touch.” She added jokingly then grunted out in pain.

“Sorry ma'am. Please hold still.” The Medic said with a bit of a smile on his face.

“Thats a free be, next time I am going to kick your ass.” she said smiling. “Zey, look around. What do you see?”

Zey took a moment to look around. She had noticed it too but couldn't put her finger on it. Something was not right with the setting. “I know, but I can't figure it out.”

Talon nodded, “It was a trap. These troops here, local militia. Hardly trained and poorly equipped. See them, they are from the city. Look at the garbs and the clothing. We are miles from any major roads and the city. There is no reason for them to be right here at this moment other then as decoy.” she said then paused as the rest of her search parties walked up. “Let me guess, no enemy but you found signs of forces hidden on those two dunes,” she said pointing, “that one over there and over there.”

The troopers and Zey all looked at each other. Talon had not left the area of the truck or had her helmet on. There was no way she could have known this. It was Zey who spoke up, “Okay. How sir?”

“If I knew where my enemy was dropping in at, I would have done the same thing. But what I don't understand is why they did not spring the trap.” she said thinking as the medic finished up, “Something changed, something we are not aware of.” she said then thought. “Lancer get me that mission briefing and all of our records.” she ordered to the trooper.

He nodded and backed up pulling out his datapad while Zey pointed at the pair of pistols next to Talon, “Trophies sir?” Zay understood that Talon needed time to think about what was missing so she thought to give it time.

Talon smiled and laughed, “Hell no, these are mine now. Look at this monster,” she held up one of the large shells, “Cut through my armor like a lightsaber through a droid. Bet it would kill a bantha if you wanted to get close enough to smell it.” The shell was huge for a pistol and used a chemical to trigger the force to project the round.

Zey nodded as she looked at it, “Pretty short ranged weapon,” she commented as she picked up one of the pistols, “Double barreled, limited ammo, very close range.” she said then set it down, “Thinking of a last stand weapon?”

“I am not sure just yet, I know a guy back on the Defiance who works in the weapons shop. I want to see what he can do with them first.” She stated then looked up as two of her troopers walked up holding a larger weapon.

“We found what you were asking about, Sir.” he said holding up the tubed like weapon, “Looks like some really nasty larger version of a droid popper” he explained while holding it up for her to see.

Talon nodded, “keep tabs on that, make sure you scan it. When we get back to the Defiance, I want to hand that over to tech boys and see what they can do with it. If we come back to this shit hole of a world, then it is best our men know what they are going to be facing.” She looked at the truck and smiled, “Well at least we don't have to walk.” she said while getting up. She pulled up her chest plate of her armor and started to put it back on. “Now lets go get those kids.” she said walking to the back of the truck, “Zey you are in the front with Piston, Everyone else, lets get in the back!” she ordered as she climbed up in the back. “Lancer, where is that report!”
06-15-2013, 07:04 PM,
(1.16) Visions and Prophecies
Visions and Prophecies
Wormwood
Outer Rim

The air was hot and dry causing Zey to sweat within her armor despite the atmosphere controls of the suite. Bullets ripped through the air as she lined up a target in her cross hairs. She slowly squeezed her trigger and let loss a three round burst in to the target. “Tango Down” she said in to her comlink as she shifted her aim to another target. Before she could take the new target down she heard another immortal called in for cover fire while he reloaded. Zey changed her position and moved to cover her trooper while he dipped behind a crate to reload his weapon.

She took aim at a truck that three defenders were hiding behind, she switched from her ballistic rifle to her grenade luncher. She took closer aim and then fired the grenade at the truck. The truck exploded in a fiery ball of twisted metal and burning debris. The three defenders were blown from their cover and laid dead scattered about like leafs blown across the yard. Zey looked around and saw a short pause in the defenders counter attack. But they were no where near where they had to be. They had to cross a catwalk between two buildings but the defenders had them pinned down not even halfway across the catwalk.

The immortal that she was covering waved his thanks as he turned to return fire from one of the defenders. Zey nodded and shifted her weight as she looked down the catwalk. Already more defenders have moved to cover it, “Come on Marines, we need to clear that cat walk!” She yelled in to her comlink then continued, “Angle! Where are these reinforcements coming from?”

“Sarge, I see two trucks unloading but I don't have a clear shot on them. Also a air speeder landed on the tarmac behind you. Ten more defenders have moved towards your position. I got them pinned for now, but you guys got to get moving!” Angle said. Angle had been with the unit since before even Talon. But he loved his job and so had turned down promotion to remain one of the best snippers in the Marines.

“Sarge, Cyte here, I got those trucks sighted in. Fifteen Tangos heading your way. I have them tied up for now, but you can expect allot more resistance soon. Another unknown truck leaving the area rapidly. Five maybe six tangos on that one. I think that group is withdrawing or going for more help.” Cyte stated from across the spaceport. The cool and calm voice of Cyte often left others uneasy with her. She and Angle had been a thing for years. Everyone was just waiting for the day that the two would tie the knot.

Zey looked down the catwalk and then brought up the map of the spaceport. She reviewed what she had and the information that she was given. There was another way but it was risky. The catwalk was the most direct path to their target and with the threat of a Dark Jedi out there she really hated the idea of splitting up her unit. She sighed, they had to reach those kids and she knew that time was ending rapidly for a successful rescue. It was time for a risky operation, “Okay here is what we are going to do. Heavy take your squad and fall back. There is a set of stairs back in that building behind us. Go down to the tarmac level. Head south out of the building and on to the tarmac. Then turn east and follow the building around. You should see the repair yards across the large dock. Head for them and then turn north. You are going to follow those fuel tanks till you reach point bravo. I am marking it now on your headsUp now.”

“Once their I need you guys to breach that building and kill everyone you meet. Then move up to the second floor and give us cover fire from a control room there. Everyone else, listen up, we are going to fall back and get off this catwalk. We will cut across the back side of these buildings and take the hanger from the rear. Halo, we will need your eyes on us. We will need to move fast and hit hard. We are counting on you Halo. Everyone understand?” She explained then waited for everyone to acknowledge her orders.

“Hey Sis, sounds like a plan. We are finding much harder resistance on the west side of the port. So much for that plan to secure a larger ship. There is simply no way we can break their lines out here. I hope that the Jedi can secure a ship for the rest of the hostages. We are going to risk the kids if we don't link up soon. We are going to try to push towards the hanger from the north west and link up. Looks like they manned port with their regular unit. From what I can tell we are facing a battalion at least out there. No militia in sight.” Talon informed then continued, “On a more important note, I am finding that my power levels are dropping fast. We really need to let Doc Hashan about the power problems.”

Zey checked her own teams power levels and noted the same problem, “Yeah we got the same problem over here. Great performance but sucks for power. We need to end this Talon before we our cells are dry.” Zey warned about the very real possibility of running out of power before the battle was over. Right now their armor was the real advantage over the defenders pure numbers.

“Hey ladies, hate to cut in but Talon, you have two more airspeeders landing on the tarmac. They are unloading allot more troops. I can not pin them all down. Also I see walkers moving through the city towards the port from the west.” Angle reported.

Talon hated being out flanked but she hated the idea of the kids paying for their mistakes. “Zey carry out your plan. I like it. We'll link up with you at Delta Check Point” She ordered.

“Aye aye Talon,” she said then looked to her men, “You heard her Marines. Let's move out!” She yelled at them as she started to move on her plan. She peeked up from her cover just in time to see two soldiers trying to sneak up to their position. Zey pulled up her rifle and fired a short burst at them. Both soldiers were hit and fell dead. She searched for more targets as she pulled her team back.

It wasn't that it was a deadly fight for them. Not one of the immortals feared death. Each and every member of the unit knew all too well that the costs to open up the gates of Valhalla were paid in the blood of their enemies. Thor did not look kindly on warriors that cowards. This battle was rough because of the number of enemies they faced. They would kill one and three would replace him. The defenders fought very hard to keep the Immortals from the spaceport. It was a losing battle for the defenders but they still fought on. Zey had already had second thoughts about the wisdom of not sticking with the original plan. That was then, and she was faced with this battle now.

Zey's team fell back and rushed down another short catwalk. Once at the end she shouldered her weapon over her back and, “Zack, drop two Antps behind us!” she ordered as she leaped over the railing and dropped the fifteen feet below. Zey knew that the Antp or Anti Personal Mines would give the defenders more then enough reason to pause their pursuit. She rushed to a pair of nearby crates and took up cover while her team followed her. She spotted four defenders as she pulled out her rifle. With a flip of a small lever on her weapon she charged up the grenade luncher again. She rolled out the far side of the crates and took up aim.

She squeezed the trigger, she sent the grenade spiraling towards its target. As her troops were still dropping down, the four defenders spotted them. Too late for the defenders as a grenade landed in the middle of their position. The blast blew the four from their position and in to the air. They died in a fiery blaze. However Zey was too late in her attack. As her grenade was flying through the air one of the defenders picked up a comlink and started to talk. Her plan was blown. But she had known it would not stay a secret for long. She wanted a bit longer while her team gained ground but once more she had to roll with what she had.

Checking her men, she nodded and waved them on to follow her. She led them up the back side of the buildings. The movement was text book. They would cover each other while those who were being covered would rush forward to a new position. They would then take up covering positions for the rest of the unit to move up as well. Zey saw the two blast from the Antp's going off in her HeadsUp. She knew those defenders that had tied her down on the catwalks were taken care of for now. But they had more problems to worry about. They pushed on to the hanger where the kids were being held.

“Tangos Behind US!” She heard her rear guard screaming as he started to engage them.

'Damnit,' she thought, “Cable behind us, help out Zaine.” she ordered shifting her unit more. She was running out of men to deploy fast. The further they were able to move up the backside of the buildings the thicker the defenders were getting.

Watching the battle from a distance really showed the experience and elite training of the Immortals. The three teams were cutting off their target hanger from reinforcements and at the same time they were limiting what the reinforcements could do during the engagement. The three snippers were taking their toll on the defenders and forcing the defenders to move slower. This gave the Immortals much more freedom in movement and reaction time. The defenders had tried to bring in an airspeeder to give them close in air support, but Angle ensure that the pilot and copilot would never fly again. The speeder crashed on top of the very defenders it was suppose to assist.

With the skies above them clear, the Immortals were able to deal a slaughter to the defenders. The body count still raising and the Immortals were just getting warmed up. The only problem now was that their plan was working too well. The pocket formed to cut off their target hanger was now running out of defenders as they closed in on it. Two squads had changed from assault tactics to rear guard to ensure that the rest of the unit was not out flanked. They were more then enough to ensure that the defenders were not able to break through to the hanger. With Talon's squad on one side and Zeys on the other, they were finally ready to breech the final doors to where the kids were being held.

Daz's vision through the Force

The blast filled the room with smoke and charge energy as the two heavy doors disintegrated against the breeching charges. The defenders in the room were stunned and blinded as well as the hostages. Their combined screams filled the air, yet fell on deaf ears as the blast had deafened them. Shadowy figures rushed through the two openings as weapons' fire filled the room. Energy and blaster fire erupted across the large room as defenders dropped like flies. Sadly as well so were the hostages. In the confusion no one noticed that they were tied and left hanging from the ceiling at normal height.

As one shadowy figure would move in to the room another one would follow till there was six that had entered from each side. Talon was the first on her side to breech the room and take down the first target. She stepped forward to leave an opening for the next man as she drew out her blade and drove it in to a defender then turned to fire on a third. She heard over her comlink, 'tango down' over and over again till it was replaced with 'clear'. She paused with a satisfied smile. Within seconds it was all over. The smoke cleared, the horror of what had just happened became clear. Ten defenders and a all of hostages were killed during the assault. Talon lowered her weapon and looked at Zey, “Damnit” she said.

Zey looked around in disbelief, “What the hell is this” she questioned.

Other Marines were as equally in disbelief as well. All that they had fought so hard for was gone. But not all was lost, one of the Marines pointed out, “Where are the female hostages?”

Talon and Zey both looked around and concluded the same. The female hostages were gone. They had to have been moved to somewhere else earlier. “It doesn't matter, they are most likely dead anyway.” Talon said in grim realization, Then it happened. Something that no commander ever wants to hear in combat. Her rear guard teams started calling out low ammo. “We need to get the hell out of here before we get over run.” She said then keyed up her comlink, “Snippers we are pulling back and withdrawing. The hostages were killed before we got here” She informed them.

Zey stepped forward, “We have to let Daz know so he and the others can go after them” she stated in disbelief.

“They are most likely already dead. We lost surprise so Daz and the others can chase the Mercy remember. We blew it here. This was the reason why we should have stayed on mission. No! these deaths are on Daz's head. We have to get out of here before we add ours to these!” Talon argued back at Zey. “Lets get out of here!” she ordered her troops. “Thats an order!” She yelled at Zey.

Beyond the city limits high the mountains there sits a house next to a large lake. There is a small boat house that sits along side the lake and on one side of the house with a green house on the other side of the house. The house is a large two story home with a split level basement on the north side of the house. There is a military truck parked out in front of the house. Soldiers line the area around the house walking around and patrolling the area. There is a local flag flapping above the front door. The home is set in a lightly wooded area that over looks the city to the south of the house.

Moving in to the house there are two soldiers guarding the front door with others inside. To the right is a large living room where a pair of soldiers are looking out a set of large bay windows that over look the southern approach to the home. Moving to the left of the main doors is a dining room where two more soldiers are eating a meal and talking about who is going to be next with their new entertainment. Going past them to the right is a large kitchen and then a back sitting area. This room over looks the green house and the east approach to the house.

There are no soldiers out side in the back of the house. Turning right there is a sun room with a large indoor pool here. The pool is drain and filled with supplies and other gear. Turning right once more there is the main entry way, once more with the living room once more to the left. The soldiers are now sitting on the sofa talking about the women upstairs. One gets up once again and checks the windows then sits back down again. Moving forward and turning round there is a set of stairs going upstairs.

Once on the second floor landing there is a bedroom at the top of the stair to the right. Here there are three female Jedi Padawans that had been bound and gaged. They are scared with the look of terror on their faces. All are in different states of tears. Each show signs of being beaten. A Jedi Knight lays of the floor unconscious. She had been beaten heavily and bound tightly.

A large man walks in to the room and smiles, he grabs one of the padawans and lifts her over his shoulder. She screams out in horror as she tries to fight off the man. The others also scream out and try to stop him. He kicks one and then turns to leave the room but pauses and turns back to the others, “Don't worry little ones, I be back for each of you in time.” he said with a laugh then walks out of the room. Following him across the hall he carries her to another bedroom where a large bed sits in the center of the room. There are blood stains that covers the bed from other horrors that had been committed in this room. He throws her on to the bed then leaps on top of her. Bring his large hand up and slaps her across the face. Then with a single action he grabbed her rob and ripped it open. Shifting back out of the room, all that is heard is her muffled screams for the others.

End Daz's Vision

Lotus watched silently as Orchid conducted the ritual. Lotus had never seen anything like it before. In all of her years training with the Jedi Order she had never seen anyone use the force like this. Before Orchid had entered her trance, she murdered a young boy and drained the blood from his body. Then she used locks of his hair to paint symbols on to the floor in the boys blood. Then to Lotus' surprise, she watched as Orchid started the ritual and the blood drawn symbols slowly start to glow.

The ritual lasted hours and during that time Orchid had been in some deep trance. Now with the ritual over, Orchid's eyes slowly opened as she let out a breath. Even though the temperature in the house was well over ninety degrees, Orchid's breath was as visible as if it were below freezing here. Taking in a breath she smiled, “He has my vision now and will be coming soon.” she said then looked over at Lotus, “Then we will kill him.”

Lotus cocked her head to the side, “Won't he know it is a fake vision” she asked softly trying to understand these new powers that Orchid was teaching her.

Orchid slowly got up from the circle that she had created in blood, “Even if they are discovered to be fake, he does not trust his friends. He does not trust anyone. He will trust in what he sees through the Force as fact. History with him has shown me that he will believe what he feels to be true and will not relay on others. Mother had showed me that Daz and my destiny are inter tangled. Since that time, I had been playing with him through a vision. For the longest time I had him believing that he was going to kill his best friend in a act of betrayal. He didn't trust her enough to even tell her what he was seeing at first. I bet he still does not trust her enough to tell her that he will kill her in cold blood.”

“As you can see, I have been testing the waters for this very day for more then a year ago. No he will trust in what the Force shows him and he will come. He will come alone. I have ensured that this building matches the very building where he kills his best friend.” she explained softly as she put her cloak back on.

Lotus shook her head, “Mother contacted us while you were in your trance, sister. She said that the bird creature is close to discovering the oracle. She said that the bird creature can not be allowed to speak to the oracle. She has ordered you to kill them both personally.”

Orchid turned in disbelief and shock. “No!” she said shacking her head, “I will not be denied this! She promised me Daz's death!”

Lotus nodded, “As I have told her sister, but she said that it is more important that you stop the bird creature before he speaks to the oracle. She was very clear on this, Sister.”

Orchid walked over to the large bay window and looked down the drive. She could feel Daz close, she knew he would come. She knew he did not trust those around him. She had planned this whole operation on this one fact. He didn't trust his own friends. She leaned on the window seal continuing to look down the drive as she hoped she would see him walking up the drive already. Still she knew it was too early for that. She balled her fist up, “NO!” she yelled in the empty house, “I will not be denied his death!” She closed her eyes once more and pictured her beloved. She remembered how they would drink the blood of their victims together.

“Mother's orders were very clear sister.” Lotus restated.

Orchid turned around to face Lotus, “You're right, take the troopers. Go and kill the bird creature. Bring me his head. While you are gone I will tend to Daz's death alone. He will not bring anyone with him. I know he will come alone or and if he doesn't then he might bring that brat Angle. Either way, nether will be no match for me. Then once both deeds are done, we will together go and kill the oracle and silence his voice once and for all” Orchid said calmly.

Lotus appeared concerned, “But Mo.....”

“What did I say!” Orchid yelled, “Do as your told or else!” She threatened as Orchid raised her hands at Lotus.

The threat was more then clear, Lotus nodded, “Yes sister, I will obey you” she said softly.

Orchid sighed as she lowered her hands in sadness, then she stepped forward. Orchid walked up to Lotus slowly and lovingly, “I am sorry for yelling at you sister. Killing Daz has consumed me for months now. Every part of my being screams out for his death.” She said slowly lifting up Lotus' black hood uncovering her lovely face. Orchid smiled as she moved Lotus' hair back to the back of her head carefully. She slowly brought her face closer to Lotus'. “You are a remarkable sister and I know that you care deeply for me and don't want to see me anger mother again.” she said kissing Lotus softly. Lotus brought her arms around Orchid as the two pulled each other in to a loving embrace. Their kiss deepened as they pulled on each other tighter. Once their kiss was finally broken Orchid smiled at Lotus, “But once Daz's blood is mixed with the rest, I will be able to focus on other things.” Orchid said softly, “I need your help if I am to kill him. Please Sister, help me.” she pleaded.

Lotus smiled softly and then nodded. “I know how much he has caused you to suffer. You have my word and my help” she said stepping back from Orchid and turned to walk away.

But before she was able to leave the room Orchid stopped her. “Don't forget this.” she said passing a pair of goggles and mask to Lotus.

Lotus smiled, “Thank you sister.” she said pulling the disguise over her face, then put on the mask and the goggles. “Good hunting Daz my sister.” she said through the mask and then turned to leave. Lotus departed the house with the troopers leaving Orchid alone to face Daz.