The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jedi Master Visst Dassek and Warrior Senni Heartman
07-15-2013, 05:41 AM,
OOC: Narrator Note: This Scene was played out in both online and finished at the Table. If you have questions please ask me.

Originally Posted: May 15th - 17th, 2012
Harsh Realities
Generation Ship Narshana
Inbound Leg, Three Days out of M'Haeli
Expansion Rim
November 5th, 1936

Scene Set Up
It has been one thousand nine hundred thirty six years since the fall of the Great Republic. Daz Murl has been working hard at getting some of the more larger governments to sign aboard his dream of rebuilding the Republic. It was not an easy task but it had to be done if the Galaxy as a whole would be able to survive the next major war. History has taught the Galaxy so far that since the great fall there had been no less than two hundred wars that included three or more major governments and a number of lesser governments. These wars lasted between twenty and more years. The last great war fought was between the Reich on one side and the Free Worlds' Council and her allies on the other. During this war, the Varl and the Dorin used the war to expand their own territories by invading their neighbors. Those three separate wars lasted for seventy years longer for others. The level of destruction was nothing compared to the wars of earlier years. Still they took their tolls on all of the waring factions. Now, it was up to Daz to prepare the Galaxy once more for conflict or attempt to avoid it all together. And for once, Visst set there grateful that he was not part of it.

He set there in the garden listening to Senni. These sessions were part of the healing for both her mind and her spirit. He looked at the once proud warrior laying in the grass looking up at the stars passing by. She had stopped talking for about twenty minutes. He all too well knew what was going on in her mind. Being this close to someone, listening to her for so long, he knew in his heart that she was once more dealing with the 'voices' of Jedi Investigators long dead. He felt anger over what happened to her. When he came to this universe he knew that there were a lot of things about this Jedi Order that he didn't like. However, this one thing drove his deeper routed emotions. They had gotten in to her mind and twisted it while at the same time bending her reality to suite their own ends. It was a practice that was common among Jedi Investigators to extract information. The practice was endorsed by the council and even had a special set of skills that one could learn to prefect it. He never had a chance to really look in to the practice before the events of Hoth occurred which led them to found themselves here. But now that the long term effects were so up close and personal to him, the emotions stirred where simply put, very deep and very strong. It was most likely the only thing in his entire life he truly felt such anger over. He knew how to control his emotions and not let them control him. Still he had emotions, he was after all, alive.

Master Dassek

His eyes slowly scanned her face as tears rolled down her cheeks. Her eyes were open and fixed to the clear steal windows of the garden. Her emotions were open to him as he felt her pain. The struggle between reality and what the damaged parts of her mind would like her to believe is reality. “Senni, they are speaking to you again?”

Warrior Senni
“Yes Master Visst” she replied without changing what she was looking at. “They are telling me that you know a secret that would answer my prayers” she added.

Master Dassek

Confused by the statement, he inquired “what secret is that?”

Warrior Senni

She turned her head to look at him while a fresh set of tears dripped down her face, “How to keep me from dying. By you will not help me. You will let me die. That is what they say. And because of this, I should kill you.” There was clear sadness in her voice as she expressed what was on her mind. Unlike other races, Azgardian Warriors like Senni were designed for combat. Everything about their bodies are focused on this single task, combat. They do not reproduce like other races. Warriors like Senni, Talon and Birgr were grown in a test tube and raised in a birthing chamber. They are the apex of genetic perfection with one flaw. While there are those few warriors who do have a mother and a father and are birthed more traditionally, True Born Warriors like Senni are born sterile. This was done because their bodies can not handle carrying a child to term. The act of sexual reproduction, to nearly all True Births was seen as taboo and not done. However Senni had gotten her self pregnant somehow. Now the child was eating away at her body while it grows. It was a death sentence that she was unwilling to avoid to save her child. Before she was all too willing to lay down her life for her child. Lately as her condition slowly started to worsen, she has been confiding in Visst regarding her desires to live. She questioned why she should have to die to choose the life of her child.

Master Dassek

Visst would nod at her informing him of what the hallucinations were telling her. He still could not be sure that she was convinced that they were what she had been told. He could not blame her for that, and was glad that she was making progress.

"As always I assure you that I know of no such way. I am true to the belief that life is sacred. You seem troubled though. Have you been thinking again on the weight of the choice that is rapidly approaching?"

He would wait for her to answer though it was clear to him that she had been. "It is your choice to make, and I will not blame you either way you choose. Though it might help you to make your decision if you speak with me about why it is you chose what you did, as well s what you have realized since then that has caused you to become uncertain. So to start, why did you choose your child's life over your own when it first was unnecessary to choose?"
His three fingers interwove as he sat down awaiting a reply.

Warrior Senni

Shifting her eyes around the view high above her head for a moment, Senni closed her eyes to wash away the tears that have swelled up. “It has already been too late. My death is assured. I have spoken with Dr. Spoonie. Weeks ago, that moment passed when I could change my mind. I knew the very moment down to the hour in which it would come. I locked myself in my quarters and ordered one of the immortals to release me twenty four hours later. I told her, not a moment before.” She paused as the tears continued to roll down her cheeks. “I tried so hard to escape as the moment closed. I don't understand. I had faced death before. Oh how it was glorious. I remembered smelling the sweat, blood and flames on the morning breeze.” She paused in that moment once more as if captured by the memory of that battle so long ago.

Taking in a deep breath she vocalized her feelings the way many Azgardians do. “Death” she said in almost a whisper. “A radiant smile greets my gaze, through the early morning haze. My eyes blink, first one, then two, as I catch a glimpse of you. Your face I’ve seen often times before; Sometimes in slumber, sometimes riding the fields where once battles raged. Now, bodies lie waiting with spirits' dreams undone, all waiting for Valkyries' morning run. I turn and saw the morning sun as I whisper goodbye, is this a tear I feel in my eye? Excitement passes and heartbeats slow, and slowly adrenaline ceases to flow. A look of calm, and relief. I see as once again, you smile at me. Greet me Death and take me home.” She allowed her voice to trail off as the emotions fade.

“I have never been afraid of death. Still I do not fear death. I welcome it to return me home. I can not explain this....these emotions.” she paused once more to gather her thoughts. “Why should I have to choose between my life and the life of my child?” she sat up as she turned to look at him. “What sense is there to this death? I die so that my child will live without a mother to love him. He dies so that I shall live to regret losing him.” She looked down once more, “I read...um....each morning” she says almost changing her intended statement in mid sentence. A fact that didn't go unnoticed by Visst. “I wonder what he will be like.” her statement was truthful but not the foremost thought on her mind. “I don't understand why I have to choose when....” Once more she caught herself in mid sentence. She laid back down in an attempt to regain control over her thoughts before her voice betrayed something that weighed heavy on her mind. She seemed to be contempt with just looking up at the stars as her tears slowly stopped flowing.

“I will never know my son” she said softly than paused before continuing. “Because I loved a man so much to betray the law of my people.” Taking in a deep breath of defeat she finished her statement. “I choose that I shall be sentenced to death for my crime. So that my son will live.” She finally said after a while of thinking to herself. Her pain and emotions were both clearly visible on her face and heard in her voice.