The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ambush in the Temple (Game Event: 08-18-17)
08-12-2017, 07:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-13-2017, 09:18 AM by Akirapryde. Edit Reason: Changed the type of taxis )
Ambush in the Temple (Game Event: 08-18-17)
WARNING!
PLAYER CHARACTERS WILL MOST LIKELY DIE IN THE UPCOMING GAME!

Ambush in the Temple
Jedi Temple
Senate District
Core World of Coruscant
Date: 2920 AOK

The Coruscant Temple's origins date back to 5000 BBY when, at the beginning of the Great Hyperspace War, the Galactic Republic granted the Jedi land on Coruscant over the sacred spire, which contained a Force nexus. A holy place for the local Coruscant, the Republic hoped by granting the Order land they would build a massive fortress like those they had established on Ossus, Falang Minor, and Haashimut. However, the Order did not wish to entangle themselves with the politics of the capitol or become a symbol of war and opted to build only a small meditative enclave.

It wasn't until the Old Sith Wars saw the devastation of Ossus and the Great Jedi Library located there that the Order decided to re-establish its academy at the sacred spire. At the behest of the Order's wisest thinkers, the Four Masters began the painstaking task of building the Temple Ziggurat. Growing steadily for the next thousand years the Temple incorporated various pieces of historical works and architecture from their past, including tiles and stained-glass mosaics from the lost complex on Ossus.

The flashing lights and activity told all that were on looking that something big was happening at the temple. The first alert went out only thirty seconds ago when a desperate call from Cox Solo. It was then that the Temple Guardians were made aware of a darksider in the Temple. This was confirmed by the High Council, who stated that it could only be Orchid. The Jedi’s single most wanted darksider! With each second counting (OOC: Each Combat Round is only SIX Seconds! Core Rule Book, page 148 “Combat Basics”) the assassin’s laid trap was laid and waiting on her target, Unna!

The situation started when Unna entered the Courtyard to meditate on the most recent events and decisions that faced her. As she walked in to the courtyard she saw two other Jedi in quiet meditation. As she slowly took up her position between the two Jedi and began her meditation. At first Unna quickly felt the rage, hatred and anger of Orchid. She had sensed this before and knew who it was. Mislead by what she interpreted, Unna dug deeper in to the force trying to better understand what it was that she was feeling.

It wasn’t until, she heard Orchid say, “how is the Chancellor now days?” The supposed Jedi to her left, turned and revealed her identity. Unna found herself looking in to the face of Orchid, one of the most dangerous darksiders in the known galaxy.

Orchid was fast and outclassed by Orchid in both speed and attacks. To Unna’s surprise, the other Jedi, a Kel Dor, turned and attacked Unna as well. Within less than ten seconds, Unna was flanked and the ambush was fully sprung. Unna fought desperately to flee the ambush only to find that her escape wouldn’t be so easy. After taking a pounding from the two attackers, Unna, who was near exhaustion, was fleeing through the halls of the temple.

With twelve seconds passed, the four Temple Guards converged on the scene as Unna continued to flee from her attackers. Orchid told her Kel Dor partner, “this is over!” as she sprinted past the guards and continued her attack on Unna. At the same time, the Kel Dor cut down one guard and critically wounded a second. Unna, sensing her death was near, dropped to her knees and accepted death. “There are some fates worse than death!”

Orchid, with hatred in her eyes, replied as she brought her green blade down, “I know! The Chancellor put me through one!”

The lightsaber came down with so much force that death had appeared certain. Yet, denied! The Temple Guard had moved in to the melee combat and blocked the blow only inches from Unna’s neck. For his bravery, he paid a high price. Moving in to Orchid’s threatened area and focusing his attention solely on saving Unna’s life, he left himself open to attack. Orchid spun her red blade and critically wounded him by severing his left arm.

With only eighteen seconds passed, Unna was critical wounded (in to wounds), two temple guards badly wounded and one dead, the scene was about to shift. Orchid and her partner noticed Cox rushing to the scene from down the corridor, behind him two Antarian Rangers were following close behind. However, it was the sudden and surprising arrival of Duncan Starchaser that convinced Orchid that the battle was lost. In a fit of rage, she and her partner fled for the upper levels and hopes of escape.

At twenty-four seconds, it was on the upper level when the battle truly turned against our darkside heroin. After dealing a powerful and near deadly attack on Duncan, Orchid realized that she couldn’t defeat Duncan. More than that it was the knowledge that within moments the elite forces of the 10th would be raining down on her, Orchid again attempted to flee for the roof of the temple. The MVP for this combat goes to the younger Starchaser brother and often under estimated, Jaden! With great skill, he removed the Kel Dor’s face mask (to include her face).

At thirty seconds, and with her partner dead, Orchid reached the roof knowing that Duncan was only one action behind her. She scanned the area around her. She spotted Gadeon on a speeder only second from her position. Red blue flashing lights around her told her that escape was all but impossible. Orchid cried out, “Mother! Help me!”

In her mind, she heard, “I warned you, my daughter. You were to leave the Chancellor alone.
You have defied me for the last time.”

Grand Master Dooku spoke through the intercom of the temple (which all characters will hear) “You have entered our temple, unbidden. You will find leaving it, will not be easy."

WARNING!

Here is the scene setting for the upcoming game.

Party members (Gadeon in one, Ashla and Ni in another) moving in fast from beyond the Temple in two separate air speeders. Both groups are in their own Coruscant Air Texi's These speeders are converging on the roof of the Temple. Thanks to intra-party conversation both speeder groups are aware of the situation and where Orchid is.

On the Roof, Orchid appears to act much like a cornered animal who has just realized escape might be impossible.

Directly below her, and moving directly up (via Move Object-force jump), Duncan is currently moving in to melee range with Orchid, (The very first initiative of the night’s game).

A couple of floors below, Jaden is looking up at the direction of where Orchid and Duncan has gone. He has just killed the Kel Dor and preparing to make his next action declaration.

Far below (26 meters), Cox, the Antarian Rangers (two each, armed with blaster rifles), the lone temple guard (armed with a Force Lance) all huddled around a badly wounded Unna and the other wounded Temple Guards.

With the scene taken in, Orchid hopes for escape but realizes that that option is quickly fading.

WARNING!

The following is who will move in what order:

First Initiative (at thirty-six seconds since the combat started)
Duncan will be in Melee Range with Orchid at the very beginning of the next game. At that time, all other characters will be at ranged to the darksider. Any character in either speeders will be able to attack at range. Only for the sake of range attacks (and because I don’t want to go crazy trying to figure out who is where at this given moment), you can treat the range as 30m for Gadeon and 40m for Ashla and Ni. While all characters know where Orchid is, no other characters or droids have LOS on her.

Any character can join the initiative at their roll and take other actions as they deem necessary.

Next initiative (At Forty-Two seconds since combat started)
A series of training droids (five each, under the control of Bay) are ready for the attack as they rush up to the roof top. They will be at range (10m) Bay will be able to have each droid fire once. Jaden will be able move in to melee, via Move Object-Force Jump, with Orchid, so he chooses. This will put Duncan and Jaden in Melee with the Darksider. Bay’s training bots will be at range.

At that time, all other characters will be at ranged to the darksider. Any character in either speeders will be able to attack at range. Only for the sake of range attacks (and because I don’t want to go crazy trying to figure out who is where at this given moment), you can treat the range as 20m for Gadeon and 30m for Ashla and Ni. Unless the situation changes, no other characters will have LOS on the darksider.

Any character can join the initiative at their roll and take other actions as they deem necessary.

Next initiative (At Forty-Eight seconds since combat started)
Gadeon’s speeder will be within range of a Move Object – Force Jump. Now, this will put Gadeon, Duncan and Jaden at melee range and Bay’s bots at ranged combat.

Ashla and Ni, in their speeder will be able to attack at range to the darksider. Only for the sake of range attacks (and because I don’t want to go crazy trying to figure out who is where at this given moment), you can treat the range as 20m. Unless the situation changes, no other characters will have LOS on the darksider.

Next initiative (At Fifty-Four seconds since combat stated)
Ashla’s and Ni’s speeder will be within range of a Move Object – Force Jump. Now, this will put Ashla, Ni, Gadeon, Duncan and Jaden at melee range and Bay’s bots at ranged combat.

At the same time, Master Dooku, members of his council and more Temple Guards will arrive on scene and will be joining the following initiative order.

All players will enter the next game in the order and at the locations as stated above. The above list of initiative orders could change due to actions that are taken by characters during the next game. This is only my best guess at how the opening scene will play out. I cannot foresee what events might occur. The only thing that will hold is your general placements and when you enter melee combat with the darksider.

I know that these locations might contract what was said at the end of the last game. What is posted here, in this game event post, supersede those statements. However, I must urge everyone to be understanding as I am trying to keep this as smooth and consistent as possible.

If you disagree with any of the above information, please feel free to offer your opinion (Either in public in the OOC Thread or in Private via a PM. It is my preference that any conversation regarding this post should be within the public forums).

WARNING!