The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "" - Line: 1584 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1584 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 203 usergroup_displaygroup
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1588 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1588 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1588 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "useravatar" - Line: 20 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 20 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "userstars" - Line: 26 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guidance Needed [Tesara and Durro] (Closed)
06-28-2021, 04:27 PM,
Guidance Needed [Tesara and Durro] (Closed)
Tesara Anerin — 06/25/2021
Tesara reaches out through the Force to Durro, in need of guidance from her teacher.

Durro Skywalker — 06/25/2021
Durro leans into the wind, the cold air rushing around the cloak he holds tightly around his body. The snow is piled high, flakes of snow and ice stinging his face as they are propelled by the whistling winds. Durro forges ahead, already missing the family who dropped him off not even an hour ago. Nice people, though they kept looking at him like he was crazy when they understood he wanted to go up the mountain. Suddenly, there is a stirring in the Force; the warmth of a familiar presence. Durro reaches out, his thoughts cutting through the biting wind and crossing the many kilometres at the speed of thought.

"Tesara?" Durro thinks, slightly amused. "I thought you were only going to reach out in an emergency? This must be some kind of record; I can't leave you guys alone for anything!" Durro feels the grin at his own thoughts splitting his freezing cheeks.

Tesara laughs softly.  “I know, I’m sorry. It’s not an emergency exactly.  I just…I need your guidance on something.  I connected with the Force but the answer was too vague.  Are you in a place you can do this?”  She frowns, feeling cold.

"I'm at the base of the mountain now; working my way up." Durro replies, his breath condensing into thick clouds that obscure his vision briefly. "I'm just walking; slowly, carefully." He plunges his stick into a think snowbank and pulls himself along. "What do you need guidance with?"

Tesara inhales, exhaling a breath of cold air.  A part of her surprised the Connection is bringing on such palpable results, but she shouldn’t be, really.
“Ava made a decision today that surprised me so much I didn’t honestly know what to do. She called the Jedi hunters here to the Summer Palace and requested their support of her and SunCo. In exchange, she gave them the whereabouts of Kaleb and Reine.  I suspect even now that they are racing to find them on Baklid 2.  I was so surprised that she would take such an action.  If the Jedi hunters find them, they will surely put them in Carbonite and bring them to starlight prison.  Reine and Ava did have their disagreements of course, that was common knowledge, but Kaleb has not done anything to deserve that.  I asked her to contact Kaleb to warn him, and she said she did so.  But… It just feels wrong! I don’t know what to do.”  @Durro Skywalker

Durro falls silent for a moment, but he can still smell the summer air and feel a warmth on his face. Finally, he says "Objectively, it's a good move. Ava will need the Jedi and Republic's support if she is to essentially take over Baklid VI. I'm not saying I'd have done the same thing, but you must understand that Ava is the daughter of an Imperial Governor. From what little I learned of the Empire, they are brutally efficient; emotions and even morality rarely are factors in their decision making."

Durro turns sharply; was that a bird he hears? It must be on Tesara's end. He continues, "what feels wrong about it? I understand that you've decided your place is at Ava's side, that you can't leave the people of Baklid VI to suffer under the current regime. Has that changed?"

She exhaled again, looking skyward.  It’s blue and warm and she pulls the warmth from the sun for him.  “No, it hasn’t. I just am concerned that it dances too closely to the dark side.  A betrayal like that felt… wrong.  I have only known Ava for a little over a year but I have never seen her do anything of this nature before.”

A gust of wind nearly makes Durro lose his footing. Though having Tesara 'nearby' is comforting in a way; like he is not completely alone on his trek.
"Perhaps it does. Non-Force sensitives can still succumb to the Dark Side, though the physical consequences are far less severe. Let's think about this; if this is still your place, what are you there to accomplish?"

“To prevent this world from falling to madness and greed where innocent people die starving while the rich know or care nothing of them! Ava could easily fall to this same madness and I don’t want that to happen.”

"If Ava's actions are a signal to you to move on; what consequences do you foresee?"

Tesara looks at the earth beneath her.  She knows the answer.  “She will either succeed and Baklid finds peace or she will succeed and Baklid becomes like Corusant.”  She says quietly.

"What does the Force tell you? Have you tried to peer into the future?"

“I have already done so.  The vision I told you about.  I haven’t done it with a focus on Ava, but I can try again.  I want to do what the Force wants, but it’s so vague.  I know it is free will but…I just wish it were easier.  I will try farseeing again.”

"Show me." Durro invites. "What did the Force show you?"

(OOC, I will remind you that per the ability that Atril taught, we can share memories. Literally we can experience each others memories in vision-like fashion. Like we are there, observing.)

Tesara focuses on the vision she had.  A park filled with rich, gorgeously dressed people, families and children, strolling about, amusement rides, food in abundance, a little girl begging to buy a pretty dress from the Ava Forma collection.  A shrine to Alizee, who had died.  A woman saying “she was the best of us”.  The scene changes to a barren looking valley only a few miles away from the rich in the park.  A massive ship hovers above the valley, its hull doors opening and thousands of pounds of trash falls to the valley below.  There are similar ships coming and going.  Tiny ants crawl over the mountains of stinking refuse and suddenly it is clear that they are not ants at all, but native Baklid people, scrambling for scraps of food, killing each other over it in an attempt at survival.  A crying woman, pale and gaunt, holding a baby trying to nurse from her mothers empty breast.
Tesara chokes on a sob after witnessing it again in her memory.

Durro falls silent for a long moment. Then, "this is what the Force showed you, just now?"

“No, it is what I saw when I did a farseeing while you were still asleep at the hotel.  I asked the force what would happen if I was no longer on Baklid. That is what it showed me.”  She says, almost a whisper.

"I see." Durro says simply. Then, in a voice he only uses when quoting something, he says; "Impossible to see, for always in motion is the future." In the same voice, he continues. "One often meets their destiny on the road they take to avoid it."

A moment of silence, then in his normal voice, "two teachings from two of my masters. Together they tell me that you saw a possible future. Nothing is set, but if that future is 'supposed' to happen, then nothing you do will change it. You may end up causing it to become reality. All you can do is trust in the Force, that you will be where you need to be when you need to be there. Serving Ava is not the only path to influencing change on Baklid VI. Ava is but one player; perhaps a better path is to be the neutral third party. To not be perceived as having allegiances anywhere, to be able to be a peacemaker. It is a natural talent you posses; one that will make you a great Jedi."

Tesara bites her lip.  She has heard this before and while it is true, is it no longer helpful.  "Master, I mean no disrespect, but this isn't helpful.  This is an interpersonal issue with Ava.  She betrayed Reine but Kaleb is with her, and in so doing, put him in mortal danger.  Ava has her reasons for betraying Reine, we all know their relationship was contentious and to Ava, Reine had become a liability - someone she could not trust.  But Kaleb is WITH Reine.  In my opinion he has done nothing to deserve being captured and put in carbonite.  Reine cast Force Lightning at a Jedi!  They will find her and efficiently take her down and Kaleb will go down with her.  Force Lightning is a dark side tool!  Once done, it can cause the slide into fear and hatred so much easier, it will happen without her realizing it.  I understand Ava's decision to distance herself from Reine, but that was an extreme move to practically hand her over to the hunters.  The issue of peace on Baklid is important, yes, but it is an overarching issue that will take many years to come to peace.  This is happening now, and I do not know how to handle it.  I do not wish to leave Ava, but if she continues actions that I cannot condone, how can I stay with her?  I cannot leave Astra, I have sworn my loyalty to her.  I need to know, what is your take on this situation?"

"Important question then: Is Kaleb Force-sensitive?" While Durro's voice is the same, through their link Tesara can feel his concern for her, a slight pain that she snapped at him. "Remember, only those who are Force-sensitive are sent down the trail to Korriban and frozen in carbonite. Reine certainly would be, but would Kaleb?"

There is a long silence, and through their bond Tesara can hear the howling of the wind, feel the bitter cold that bites through all but the warmest clothing.
"You are wise to focus on the here and now. When I last saw Kaleb and Reine, they were completely focused on each other; they ignored me and my warnings. I felt their bond when they took off on the stolen ship. If they are attacked, Kaleb will not retreat or surrender. He will fight to the last to see Reine safe."

Another silence, only the cold and wind telling Tesara the connection is still open.

"My take on the situation is this: Kaleb and Reine made their choices. Reine made enemies and burned bridges, and Kaleb follows her despite seeing it firsthand. As heartless as it may sound, both must face the consequences of their actions, whether good or bad. We will help them where we can, but we cannot swoop in like the heroes of a holo-flick and save them from themselves. That is something only they can do. My advice is to stay where you are. Follow the prompting of the Force, whether that is staying with Ava or making your own path. I have some thoughts about the near future, but I have no idea what this quest to the mountains will bring. Though I will tell you, if you want to hear them."

Tesara Anerin — 06/26/2021
Tesara inhales, aware that she has just lost her temper.  It used to happen so often when she was younger, but  it has been a long time since she allowed herself to let it out, and that she did so at Durro makes her more frustrated, but with herself and not him.  Once released, anger and other high emotions are hard to get back under control.  She buries her fingers into the earth, focusing on the warm energy there.

"I'm not sure if Kaleb is force sensitive, but they think he helped her, so even if he doesn't get put in carbonite, they will arrest him and I've no idea what they will do to him to try and get information from him about Reine to you and I and everyone else."  She sighs.  "I know Kaleb wants to keep her safe.  They DID form a bond rather quickly, and honestly, even though the Force Lightning episode shocked me, I am glad she is not alone.  I think it was done out of sheer terror, and she has no formal Force training.  It may have just been a reaction to the situation, but it was a BAD one.  If Kaleb dies for her, there is nothing I can do about that."  She pauses, takes another long breath and continues to bring herself back to alignment with the Force.  It is a moment before she speaks again, this time sounding more calm.  "I appreciate your input, that is what I needed.  I will stay here with Ava as that is where I feel I am supposed to be.  And yes, I would like to hear what you have to say."

Durro Skywalker — 06/26/2021
Durro's smile is practically visible in the Force as he says, "it's good that you recognize that you can't control the situation. The desire to control, and the attempts to do so, are the epitome of the Dark Side."

Durro sighs, or perhaps inhales sharply with exertion, then continues, "based on visions I've had, and yours and others' reactions to the Jedi, I have been considering distancing myself from the Jedi, perhaps not even using that title, and starting my own school of wielding the Force. Something that will take the best from all practices, while avoiding some of the dogma and mistakes."

He pauses to let her consider his words. Then, "I've not decided officially, and I still want to meet with... Master Palpatine, of the Olivan Order. Get his insight, which should prove interesting. First, I need to see what the Force has for me in the mountains. Then, I was thinking that with everything she's been through, the Queen should be liberated from Serreno. I'm sure Astra would be on board with that. Then, we can go to Olivan. After that... well, only the Force knows."

Tesara feels a leap of excitement at the idea of Durro assisting in liberating Lenora Delphinium from Serreno.  "Yes!"  She exclaims.  "I would want that very much!  Astra is wonderful but she is so young AND a new mother - asking her to rule a kingdom alone is too daunting, even with help. She has the makings of a great leader but right now she is scared and trying to be a single mother to a baby. We need Lenora back here on Baklid."  She says, hope flaring within her chest after what seems like months of growing helplessness.  "I've been hesitant to even reveal to anyone saying they are Jedi that I am a Force Adept for fear they will..."  She frowns, pauses, then continues. "Take me?  Tell me I have to be like them and try to indoctrinate me somehow.  I wish there was a way to be open about the Force and what my connections are with it, but I fear retribution or punishment from these Jedi.  If you were to meet with him and find out his truth of this timeline, then there is a chance that there can be a new path.  And yes, from there, only the Force knows."

Durro Skywalker — 06/26/2021
Durro smiles again. "One step at a time, Tesara. Focus on here and now. I must get to the mountain top and uncover what is drawing me here. You must help Ava navigate the trials that are to come. Once the time is right, we will plan for Serreno." After a long moment, he adds, "remember, the Force will be with you, always. As will I."

Tesara feels him let go and does so as well.  She feels better.  It was terrible that she had to push him, but at times she felt as if Durro could go on repeat, and she had been with him for 6 years now.  She could almost predict what he would say but this time, she needed something more solid.  Now she had it, and she felt stronger for it.  She stood, took a deep breath and went to find the others.

/END