The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tesara speaks with Lysire 5/15/21
10-24-2021, 01:22 PM,
Tesara speaks with Lysire 5/15/21
Tesara spends a few moments alone upon boarding the Shadow.  There seems to be chaos surrounding her with the addition of the new girl, and she needs time to center, to breathe, and come back to herself.  The uncertainty of the last few days has left her shaken.  There is a small section of boxes in the hold, and as she has no room for herself upon this ship, it suffices to be a quiet enough space for her to take time to bring herself together.  It's about twenty minutes before she feels more centered.  She gets up from the cramped space she had been sitting in and returns to the deck where the others are.  She sees Lysire first, and the girl is frowning, staring intently at a screen.  Everyone else seems occupied in conversation, so she goes over to the girl and sits.  "Hello, Lysire."  She says quietly, knowing she will be interrupting her obviously intense train of thought.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/15/2021
Tesara finds Lysire sitting at the RCW Master station. Her eyes intensely going over the multiple screens before her. Three separate keyboards gives her access to the three separate work stations she has linked to her own. On the left her of her, the screen rushes through matches. The image of the right is a still image of Tesara, Ava and Reine talking. On the left of that monitor, images fly in a blur.

The center monitor that has Lysire's focus has a list of numbers and lines of partial words. To the causal observer the mean nothing, but to Lysire they are a point of intense focus. Her eyes dance over the new lines as they continue a nonstop scroll towards the top. Often she moves her roller pad and links two or more lines and sends them over to the third monitor.

There she uses the keyboard to have that system run an analyses on the newly accrued information.

She half looks up, "Hello Tesara," she said softly. Her eyes only taken from the screens for a moment, then they go back to their task.
TheTraveler — 05/15/2021
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara Anerin — 05/15/2021
Tesara squints at the images and text on the screens and watches Lysire's fingers fly over the keys.  She blinks in honest amazement.  "Wow."  She whispers.  "Where did you learn to do all of this?  That's the fastest I've ever seen anyone work."  Her voice is low and almost reverent.
@TheTraveler  FYI I am leaving the house to run an errand but should only be gone an hour or so, if I do not respond right away I will as soon as I can.  ?
TheTraveler — 05/15/2021
Lysire smiled at the compliment, "I had little else to do at the pris...." she paused herself before letting out a deep sigh. "The prison. At first, the Liberian would have me do simple things, like categorizing the different texts and such. Then later, I was allowed to help visiting Masters when they were doing their research." She turned to face Tesara, "I guess I have been doing this my whole life." She frowned, "this system is a bit slow for me. Sometimes I have to wait for it to catch up to me. But I don't mind."

She smiled softly, "it brings me back home."
Tesara smiled at the wistful look on Lysire's face.  "A bit slow?  Is your normal speed that of the spotted speedcats back on my homeworld?"  And then she frowned, catching sight of the screen behind Lysire's sweet face.  It was herself, talking to Reine.  Alarm skittered up her spine and she gasped slightly.  "That's me! And Ava! Talking to Reine!  How is that possible?"  She said, her voice rising.  She inhaled slowly, fighting for calm.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/15/2021
Lysire laughed, "oh come on," she turned to motioned at the image. "You know what a  holo-image is."

She turned back to Tesara, "I was watching the perimeter of the ship when I saw Kaleb having a heated exchange with this woman. And then Ava and you. So I want to know who she is."

She waved a dismissing hand, "its a basic facial recognition search. Based on the outfit and the designs, she is from the south eastern region of Europa."

She blinked, "is that why you are here?"
Tesara blinked back.  "Yes I know what a holo-image is but...you...you are the one who took the image?  From right here on the ship?"  She shook herself slightly.  "Sometimes I feel so lost at what can be done with computers.  I wish I knew more about them, but we didn't have them where I grew up."  Tesara glanced at Ava and Reine, then back at Lysire.  "You can tell where someone is from by just that?"  She looked amazed.  "Lysire I had no idea that you knew this much.  I was always impressed by Nova's skills but this...feels like it's another world."  She frowns at Lysire's question.  "Honestly, I am not quite sure myself why Reine is here with us.  It happened rather quickly.  I don't think Kaleb is all that happy about it."

@TheTraveler
((OOC this is the player making a wild stabby guess at what Kaleb may think about Reine being with us as I was not there Thursday night for the game to know yea or nay)))
TheTraveler — 05/15/2021
Lysire seemed unsure of how to address Tesara's last statements. She opened her mouth but couldn't figure out what to say. Instead she decided to address the compliment and the conversation about the Shadow's Computer.

She smiled, "thank you," she ran her fingers over the terminal with all the gentle touch of a caring friend. "I love this computer. He is linked to every system on the ship. He manages power levels, even the temperature of the shower's water. He is so very helpful to the operation of the ship."

Her eyes ran over the monitors and displays with a deep fondness, "Its almost like a droid. Who ever built him, installed a Class four Heuristic Processor, but that isn't where they stopped. This Processor is mastered over a pair of independent class one and two processors. Its like having your own Combat droid linked with a pair of Probe and Astromech droids."

She paused for a moment, "he is like my best friend," she said longingly.
Tesara only truly understood about half of the words Lysire spoke, but it was obvious that this was something that she loved.  Tesara smiled.  "He?"  She asked.  "What is his name?  If you haven't named him, you should."
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/15/2021
She smiled and turned back to Tesara, "I named him already. When we found him at Star Light, he didn't have a name. In fact, those who were using him didn't even bother to speak to him like I do. When we were coming back from Lanus, I read him a story about a beautiful angel who was chosen protector of the creations of his God. But that Angel fell from grace and had to earn his way back in to being loved by his creator." she smiled as she looked at the monitor again. He loved the story as there were many aspects that seemed to fit with him. So we decided that he would accept the name of this Angel. So I call him Lucifer. Everyone else speaks of the Shadow, but Sinya and I, we know who he really is."
Tesara could not help but be impressed.  "Lucifer."  She said, feeling the name around in her mind.  It was a good name, but she could not reason why.  It was just...right.  "You found a way to bring Lucifer from Star Light onto this ship?  How?  And..."  She paused.  "Is he able to determine why those troops were landing at that village?  It was so strange.  Durro's sister is there.  She's..."  Tesara trailed off, not even knowing what to say about Atrill.  Was she in danger?  Would she recover?  Tesara didn't know.  Now they were heading for the capital to meet Shmi and even that was a mystery.  There were so many things she didn't know.  But as she had been taught, it she was only able to take one moment at a time.  "Is there a way to get information from a place not connected to..."  She gestured vaguely back towards the village they had just left.

@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/15/2021
Lysire spun in her chair and back to the monitors, "that is what Luci and I are trying to figure out. It's all so strange." She reached over to the right and entered in a set of command then at the same time typed in command on the keyboard right in front of her. "Republic military traffic doesn't make much sense. Since the attack on Richie Resort, the news has been all abuzz about the attack. Public outcry is as expected. You would think that the Republic traffic would indicate some type of step up in operations. However, that is not what we see."

The monitors brought up hundreds of lines across the two screens that made no sense. "see here" she said pointing to one line. "This is a movement order for a reinforced Artillery company near the Holy City." She didn't look back as she scanned the lines. "You would expect more ammunition to be sent indicating a increase in operations. But no, the order is for them to return all but essential supplies." She pointed to another line of code that was just as nonsensical  as the rest. "And this one here, this unit has been on the front lines for weeks. Their patrol areas have kept them to the north of this valley. In fact, the soldiers that Durro had run in to just before he and Atril came to this village were part of that unit. But now they are being told to change their patrol area to be closer to an advanced base about nine kilometres to the east of here. They were given strict orders to keep within a new patrol zone. That would keep them from the combat areas."

She shifted and keys up new lines, "now if you look at the Planetary Defense Force, its a totally different situation. Units are being given orders to advance in to positions and areas that were previously held or patrolled by Republic Forces."

She finally turned back to Tesara, "if I didn't know any better, it would look like the Republic is handing over this conflict back to the local forces. But that makes no sense as to why they would do that."
It felt a little dizzying, but Tesara managed to follow along.  Squinting at the code would do nothing for her, so she focused instead on Lysire.  "Is Lucifer able to do information analysis?"  She asked, pronouncing the words carefully. She had overheard Nova say it once.  It meant taking all the information and coming up with ideas on what it meant. "Why would they do that? Is he able to come up with reasons?"  And then she jumped ahead of herself, asking another question.  "Would it have anything to do with Queen Delphinium?"
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/15/2021
Lysire giggled slightly, "well Luci and I often race to see who can come up with the correct analysis first. Most of the time, I win." she winked at Tesara, "remember I told you that Luci isn't as fast as I am."

She turned back to the station and leaned back in her chair, "I don't know why they are doing that. The Republic had a five month build troop build up since the bombing. It was steady and orderly. But now, they have loaded up two of their Acclamator class Assault ships and had them depart the system."

She folded her arms across her chest, "I don't know why. Back in the Core, the public is screaming for war. There is even a Senate committee that has been formed to address the question as to rather or not the Republic should join the Jedi in this Outer Rim conflict. So their actions here do not make any sense."

She leaned forward and cleared the center screen. "I don't see anything having to do with Queen Delphinium. But the Prime Minister has been beating the drums of war."

she brought up an image of a man walking across a space port. The image appears to have been taken from a great distance. He is dressed in a suit and wears a white hat. The man is walking with two other men in suits. "I believe this man is called Mr. Stefan Grósz. The man to the right is Cam Ngọc, his father was once the Minister of all Europa before the Civil War broke out. According to Spaceport records, Mr Cam Ngọc returned to Baklid two weeks ago. He spent much of that time in the Capital where he was accused of groping a housekeeper at a very exclusive hotel down the street from the Spaceport. The Housekeeper filed the charges but a day later called and apologized and withdrew her charges."

On that she spun in her chair to face Tesara, "did you know that here on Baklid, if you bring charges against someone and fail to get a conviction then that person can claim damages against you. How crazy is that?"
Tesara nodded absently.  "It is crazy.  So much of what happens here seems crazy to me.  The resort certainly was.  That woman...Lady Loran...she was awful.  A truly wicked person.  But...not of the dark side.  Just...a wretched human being."  She was thinking, trying to put all the pieces together.  "Is it possible that they are withdrawing their troops because they plan on bombing Baklid to pieces and don't want their own troops killed too?  It feels like that would be retaliation right up her alley.  Loran, I mean.  She hates anyone not from the Core.  Actually, she hates anyone that isn't like her.  Rich and powerful."  Tesara sighed.  "Why is it that people like her always get their way?  That man groped a housekeeper and obviously got away with it.  I wonder what he threatened her with.  It might be in the same vein.  How dare the natives of Baklid destroy the resort...now we'll just murder them all and be done with it."  She looked sad.

@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/15/2021
There was so much that Lysire heard but it was hard for her to make a connection with. She wanted to be helpful, but she simply didn't have all the answers Tesara was looking for. "I don't think they are planning an Orbital Bombardment. The data simply doesn't reflect that." She was still struggling with Tesara's words about these people and their behavior as she continued. "The garrison at Rotterdam have been given no such orders. Only those units forward deployed to the region have been given these orders. If Rotterdam were to be facing a redeployment, due to their size and make up, they would have been given some kind of advanced warning of the pending orders."

She blinked for a moment and then decided to let the comments about this Lady Loran slip from the conversation.
Tesara acknowledged Lysire's discomfort with the subject of Lady Loran and dropped it.  She frowned a little.  "Earlier you said something about facial recognition.  You were able to identify Reine by it, yes?  If that is true, that means all of us are also within the...computer?"
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/15/2021
Now this was a subject matter Lysire felt comfortable speaking about and she showed it, "well its not an official thing. I wrote a program that is searching all of Baklid's databases to find a match on her." She turned and faced the monitor. "School images, Public News Reports, Criminal and military records," she spoke with pride. "I am actually pretty happy with the program. I tested it on myself." She turned in her chair and brought up the center monitor. "See," she said bringing up an image of herself and a file from Star Light Prison. The file had the Jedi Seal on it. "They said I was killed in the explosion that destroyed the library." She frowned, "I have a death certificate, though because there wasn't much of a body, I was cremated." she leaned back in her chair with a deep and thoughtful look on her face, "I wonder if anyone said anything over my ashes."
Tesara looked shocked.  "They think you're dead!  Well that is probably better, right?  No one is trying to hunt you down and kill you."  She leaned in to read the screen and saw the Jedi Seal.  "Why is that there?  Does it mean you were a Jedi or were 'killed' by one?"
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/15/2021
She laughed, "why would anyone want to hunt or kill me...." she paused then thought of the answer. "Oh, cause I am an escaped convict. I didn't think of the Bounty Hunters."

She touched the symbol, "no, that just means its an official Jedi Record directly from their own secured database."
"Ah."  Tesara leaned back.  "Lysire, does this mean you can get into the secured Jedi database?  We went to Ossus to try and find the library but...found only trouble.  I was looking for information on the Angel.  Are there records of her in their data base?"  She asks, pronouncing the two words as separate.  "If so, I imagine there is a great deal more that Durro may want to look into."
TheTraveler — 05/15/2021
Lysire nodded, "well yeah," she said as a matter fact. "The access that I used from the Head Liberian is still active. But Sinya said I should only use it when its really important. She said that sometimes, access codes like that can remain active for years to come as long as attention isn't drawn to them." She looked at the file, "this file didn't come from their secure database. This came from the official records from the Republic regarding the deaths from the attack on the prison."
"We know General Graff escaped as well, is he listed as having died?  That would worry me as it would seem as if someone was covering their tracks to avoid the consequences of losing that battle at Star Light.  If they think someone is dead and they show up very NOT dead later on...."  She trailed off, remembering the force lightning and the terrible sight of the powerful thing within this girl.  She did not want to bring that up.  Lysire seemed happy at the moment, and the girl likely got so little happiness, she wanted her to continue having it.  "Does Lucifer have any information on whether or not the Queen has given birth yet?"

((OOC I can't remember if we knew she had or had not given birth))
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/15/2021
"Lets see what we can find," she said and turned to face the monitors. She worked the two keyboards brings up different lines on each time. Massive strings of lines filled the screens as she worked.

"There is a report from a Doctor Laura MacIver regarding a Victor Delphinium." she said as she read the lines before her. "ToB 0754; weight 3.42 kg, ToD 0756" she said softly. "It would appear that she did give birth yesterday," she said softly.
Tesara felt a thrill of joy run through her.  The queen had a son!  "She named him Victor."  She said, blowing out a long held breath.  "I bet she is exhausted!"  Tesara laughed.  "My grandmother was always tired after midwifing, but would always say having a baby was MUCH more tiring than helping deliver one."  She glanced over at the others, then back at Lysire.  "Thank you.  It's good news after so much uncertainty.  You're so talented at this!  I'm so grateful to have you with us, Lysire."  She smiled and reached out to squeeze the girl's hand gently.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/15/2021
Lysire continued to read as if not really paying attention to Tesara, "Tesara..." she said to get the older teens attention. "ToB, is Time of Birth," she read from the lines as if learning their meaning in that moment. "ToD" she said softly then trailed off, "is Time of Death."
Tesara froze.  Everything seemed to tip sideways.  "No..."  She whispered, feeling suddenly sick and hollow.  "Oh no no no.  Oh Angel no..."  She felt the tears at the corners of her eyes, recalling that horrible day when she had been twelve and her cousin Shelyne had gone into labor, only to lose the baby minutes after giving birth.  Her cousin had gone into shock and had fainted.  They found her body in the river only five days later.  The entire village mourned the death of the baby and the mother.  A tiny voice whispered in her mind.  "When....she inhaled, trying to calm herself.  "That day...the dark side...the way the light had dimmed....was it the same day?"  She squinted at the date, trying to recall.

((OOC I feel like Tesara would have known the day that happened and be able to yea or nay, but I as the player have no idea)))
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/15/2021
Lysire turned to face Tesara, "she gave birth yesterday. The event you are speaking of, that was two days ago." She frowned but before she opened her mouth to continue, Sinya called down.

"Heads up, we are wheels up in five." Sinya yelled down from the flight deck. "Lysire, I need you to be focused." There was clear frustration in Sinya's voice as she continued, "This will be hot pick up."

Lysire shifted gears without a second thought, "time to get to work," she said softly.
Tesara swallowed and stood.  "Yes, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to put you behind in your work.  Thank you for everything."  She said.  "I appreciate it."
She walked away, heading for Durro, Ava and Nova to tell them the news.

@TheTraveler  - end?
TheTraveler — 05/15/2021
As Lysire shifted the monitors from their displays to a wider range of displays.

"We'll be at one hundred percent stealth in two, one," Lysire called back as the screens shifted colors and the lighting on the Shadow changed from normal white lights to red dim lights.

"You are fine Tesara," she said softly. "We are heading to pick up Ave, Nova, Durro and Kaleb."

"We are on the move," Sinya said as the Shadow leaped in the air. "Lysire, get to the back hatch."

Lysire nodded, "on it!" She got up and moved around Tesara. "Excuse me,"

(End)
@Tesara Anerin
(((OOOPS I thought they were already on board, my bad!)))