The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is This 2/27/22
05-07-2022, 05:32 PM,
What Is This 2/27/22
Durro Thel-Tanis — 02/27/2022
After the children are settled in and Gungnir is a little quieter, Durro goes looking for Hadaza. Unable to find her in the public areas, he sounds the chime at the door to her quarters.

"Hadaza? Are you in there?"
@Haj
Haj — 02/27/2022
Hadaza turns down the music, rises from her bed, and answers with a smile. "Hi. Please come in"
@Durro Thel-Tanis
He returns the smile and steps inside.

"I like what you've done with the place. Feels more like a home, I'd imagine."
@Haj
Haj — 02/27/2022
She looks around. Most of what is now decor are things that they bought while shopping. She smiles at the memory and at the compliment. "I couldn't take the sterility of it. This is definitely more ... yes, I guess homey is as good a word for it as anything. At least for now."

She turns back to him. "What brings you here? I would have thought you would be with your apprentice now."

Its not malice or jealousy that he hears in her voice, but genuine concern for both Astra and himself ... laced with a touch trepidation at his conspicuous timing

@Durro Thel-Tanis
"She's next." Durro replies with a playful smile. "I'm making the rounds."

A little more seriously he adds;

"A lot's happened the last 24 hours. Thank you for your support during our last mission. You did very well and we succeeded in part because of it."

He sighs, as if steeling himself for something.

"There's also last night. It was wonderful, and I'm glad we had that moment. Like our day in the market, I can see when you mention it that you cherish the memory, as do I. I want more moments like it, many more."

"I also meant every word I said last night. I can promise you nothing if you come on this journey with me. If you still feel that you're strong enough, then I'd love to share it with you. Wherever it leads."

He leaves the last statement hanging in the air, begging an answer.
@Haj
Haj — 02/27/2022
"You see into me too deeply, Kjære," she says, sitting heavily on the bed. "Far more than I see myself"

The lyrics of the song that had been playing when he knocked come rocketing back to her. Tror du I de gyldne portene?

"I was wrong to distract you in that moment,  Durro, asking you to promise what no person should ever be bound to", she says simply. "I was afraid. I lost faith. And I'm sorry."

She lowers her eyes. Hvordan kunne denne mannen ha jobbet seg inn i hjertet mitt så raskt? Kan jeg reise meg til å bli hans likemann?

She rises from the bed, walks to him, and takes his hands. "No more promises. From now on, we", she quirks a smile up at him, "smell the flowers, eat the food, use the wrong verbs and get charged double."

She gets on her tiptoes, snakes her arms around his neck, and gazes into him with her own promise to trust him from now on unspoken, "Then end up kissing one who shares the journey, wherever it leads."
@Durro Thel-Tanis
His acceptance is communicated in the kiss they share, Durro's heart beating out of his chest and in his throat at the same time.

He wraps his arms around her and savors the moment.

Here, now, he knows he can succeed. Master Marr is wrong, he can beat the darkness. He can play the game, without losing his soul. His attachments, once thought to be his greatest weakness, are truly his greatest strength.
@Haj
Haj — 02/27/2022
/end