The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doctor Durro's Rounds 2/27/22
05-07-2022, 05:32 PM,
Doctor Durro's Rounds 2/27/22
Durro Thel-Tanis — 02/27/2022
(((Post-Rescue visit to both @Princess Astra Korraay and @Tesara Anerin in order. Combining thread to save space.)))

After leaving Hadaza's quarters, Durro sounds the chime on Astra's door.

"Astra? Are you awake?"
@Princess Astra Korraay
Princess Astra Korraay — 02/27/2022
Durro hears astra yelp in pain as he knocks on the door. She answers the door in a new set of her robes a hair bush in one hand. " Hi master would you like to come in" She asked. There was evidence that she had pulled some of her hair out of her head on the brush. Which was very likely the course of her yelp.
@Durro Thel-Tanis
"Thank you." Durro nods and steps in.

"It's been a long day." He says, to break the silence. "How are you holding up?"
@Princess Astra Korraay
" im ok been trying to get all these knots out of my hair Quinn did so much damage it's going to take forever to fix." She said as she went back to trying to brush her hair.

She smiles at durro. But there's definitely sumthing going on under the surface. " how are you doing master" she asked.
@Durro Thel-Tanis
"You're a terrible liar." Durro says with a gentle smile. He takes a seat nearby. "If you want to talk about it, I'll listen. I know what Quinn once meant to you. He may still be alive, but the Quinn you knew is effectively dead. If you need support processing it..."

He leaves the sentence unfinished and the offer open.

"Do you want help with that?" He asks. "Might as well make myself useful."
@Princess Astra Korraay
"You know using the force to read me is cheating." Astra tried to joke. Trying to hold onto the till control she had. " Master I know that's not the man I fell in love with. The man I loved would never in a million years do any of what he did" she said quietly.

She raised an eyebrow at his offer to help. One of the expressions she had picked up from him early on. " if you think you can avoid pilling my hair out of my head sure. I'm already done that a few time" She said. And offered the brush to him.
@Durro Thel-Tanis
"I'll be as gentle as I can." Durro says with a smile. Taking the brush, he gets to work.

"I'll remind you that bottling your feelings up and pretending they don't exist isn't going to help." Durro says, silently marveling at how one person can have so. much. hair.

"If you want to get it off your chest; I'll just listen. No judgement, no attempts to help. No lessons or advice, unless you ask. Just listening."

"Sometimes, that's what's really needed."
@Princess Astra Korraay
She nodded for a moment caught in the memory of her and Razo having done each other's hair more than once. Durro's voice brought her back to the present. Durro would find that not only did she have a lot of hair but it was like silk and exstremly soft in the places that were not a knotted mess.

" I know master I just do want to course a mess like the last time I lost control. I am sorry for that by the way." She said

" Master im not ok and at the moment im afraid to go to sleep. After he separated us he took me to his quarters. I kept hoping it was an act that he was not totally lost" she said quietly.

" did you ever get to the bottom of what was bothering you after the dark side plant." She asked. It was a bit of a deflection.
@Durro Thel-Tanis
Durro chuckles quietly, still working on her hair.

"You're like the pendulum on an antique chronometer; swinging from one extreme to the other. I don't think a mess was caused; you were understandably worried. A little loss of control, maybe but the fix is not to now bottle up everything."

A few silent brushes, then.

"I know all too well about not being able to sleep. I am also a master at deflection." He gives a sly smile and raises an eyebrow.

"I'll make a deal with you; tell me what's bothering you and I'll tell you what was bothering me after the Labyrinth."
@Princess Astra Korraay
" I know master im just not sure where the middle ground is." She said quietly.

Astra smiled " You your way too good at deflection I must suck at it since you were able to read it so quickly" She said with a slight giggle.

" oh, so you did solve it?" She said a happy smile crossing her face for a moment. The smile leaves her face rather quickly. " Master he umm...." She said. She shook her head a quick grimace crossing her face as she could Durro to pull some of her hair. It quickly disappeared. She shut her eyes. She could feal her hart start racing at the memory of what had happened.Damit it's over he did not get that far. she thought.

" He tried to force himself on me when I refused him. He almost succeeded to if it weren't for the pacash. I'm just afraid I will have nightmares or relive it like I did after the cathedral booming"she said quietly she closed her eyes trying to stop the tears that wanted to fall. She was not going to cry. She would never give Quinn that satisfaction wether he was there to see it or not. She pulled the sleeve of her robe back to show the buses ther one of which wrapped around her arm. Aside from the obvious evidence where he slapped her. " He left more then just these and some of them I don't remember. I'm not sure what is worse the fact that I thought it may have been an act or when I realised it was not and fought back I could not bring myself to use my lightsaber against him" She said quietly.
@Durro Thel-Tanis
Durro stops brushing to inspect the injuries. A genuine anger can be seen simmering just beneath his calm exterior; a bright orange coal smoldering deep within him, within the Force coming from him, like the whispers of heat from the coals of a dying fire.

"I'm sorry." He says softly. "I should never have let him take you. I recognized how far gone he is and should have done more to protect you."

"You tried to see the best in him, which is never a bad trait. Always assume the best about people, but do not be blind to the truth. Assume the best, prepare for the worst. There is also no shame in not fighting; I didn't even bring my lightsaber with me on our infiltration. I can't imagine the consequences had you failed to kill him."

He embraces his former apprentice in tight, comforting hug.

"This ship is a safe place. I hope you don't have nightmares, I hope you can sleep. If not though; my door is always open to you."
@Princess Astra Korraay
"Master?!" In startled confusion about what she picks up in the force. is he angry and if so who is he angry with she thought.

" master Quinn would have killed of we fought him you saw was he did to Hadaza. It was not your falt. I know he was going to separate me from you all, there was not going to be much any of us could do in that moment " she said gently.

" seeing the best in people" she smiled. Reminded of the promise she had made to Sol. " it was a promise I had made to Sol. If Sol where here Quinn would really be in trouble" stars giggled. Then Durro's statement hit her she started at him confused. " Killed him master I could not bring myself to rase my lightsaber to him. Quinn had his guards take me to a holding cell where I meet chirry and then you contacted me Ashibti took over and I was her when I came back I don't know what happened. I don't think Quinn is dead and if he is not. Master Quinn will not let this go he will come after me again. " she said.

When Durro huged her she huge him back tightly. " Thank you master. If you find me asleep on your floor you know why" she said with a half-grin.
@Durro Thel-Tanis
The anger fades, almost as quickly as it came.

"Just a natural reaction; when one you care about is hurt by another." Durro says. "I don't blame myself; the past can't be changed, remember?"

He smiles and resumes brushing. Just a couple more knots and it will all be nice and neat. So. Much. Hair.

"I'm told Ashanti didn't kill Quinn. Without his navigators, he'll be hard pressed to pursue us."

"I also was not saying you could have killed him, I was saying you did not fail by not trying. I know it was because you hoped the man you love is still in there, but had you raised your weapon against him I doubt it would have ended well. And so I am glad you did not fight. You are not a failure if you do not fight. Sometimes, that is the harder, but nobler option."

After a few brief moments of silence, Durro finishes with the last knot.

"There. All straight. You have a lot of hair. Ever considered trimming it a little?" He gives a mischievous smile. "It must be exhausting to take care of it all."
@Princess Astra Korraay
" I care about you to master, if some one were to hurt you I would be incredible angry too" She said with a smile. She shook her head at his mention of the past. " It does not mean the past can't hurt" she said.

" oh now I understand. He may be able to navigate hyperspace he is pretty powerful in the force. Not to mention the two other ships in the area that likely have there own navigate he was setting a trap according to cherry. If he does catch us im not sure I can fight him and he could surely hurt all of you. Well will need to be ready for him " Astra said.

Astra smiled " Thank you master. No I don't want to cut my hair I like it long" she said with a smile. " It can be but it's not normally knots like that really don't normally happen. Your turn. Tell me about the cave your promised master" She said.
@Durro Thel-Tanis
Durro grins sheepishly.

"I was hoping you'd forgotten." He laughs a little, then gets serious.

"I was also thrust into an illusion. This one in the past; I was 'returned' to my universe with all my memories intact, but I was 20 years old and only hours away from Operation Knightfall and the destruction of the Jedi Order and the Republic as I knew them. I wasn't sure how much I could change; and I certainly didn't want to tip off the clones, so I tried to warn my Master without being obvious. She didn't get the message, and I knew the order had gone down when I woke up and saw clones surrounding my master's tent; which was already riddled with blaster fire."

"I escaped to a fighter, one you know well; a Headhunter. I escaped the planet, and while deciding where to go I remembered Senator Bail Organa, of Alderaan. I found out just before arriving in this universe that he had started a Rebellion against the Empire, fighting to restore the Republic. I felt like I could join him, make a difference, fight the Sith as a Jedi should. I also knew the next few months and years would be chaos as the Empire hunted down surviving Jedi, the Imperial Forces led by their ruthless enforcer, Darth Vader. Not wanting to die uselessly by Vader's blade, I fled to Lanus. Since I had all my memories, I could speak the language and was accepted into the River Tribe."

"I made myself a close friend of Tesara's family. I saw her born, went with her family on her first hunt, watched her train to be her villages' Yilsaani, and was there when her family announced her betrothal and helped plan her wedding. As these years passed, I could feel in the Force the darkness growing. I felt the destruction of Alderaan, the loss at Hoth, and then even the deaths of The Emperor and Darth Vader. While meditating on another massive shift, Tesara told me my ship was making funny noises. It was a message emitting from Coruscant, which had just been liberated; the message was from Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight. He said that the Empire was defeated and that he was starting a new Order of Jedi. It was time for any surviving Jedi to come out of hiding and help train the next generation of Jedi."

"I knew the war had passed me by; I had let the galaxy suffer for twenty-four years while I lived on Lanus with my family; the ones I loved and cared about. I chose my attachments over doing what's right, over fighting the darkness of the Sith for the good of the galaxy. Luke's message shook me out of my complacency; I knew I had to get back. Get back to you, and Tesara, and Hadaza and the Professor. I had to get back or you would die in the Labyrinth. I awoke from my vision and tried to find you, which I did. Rather easily actually; I was fresh from my experience when I found you."

"So... that's what happened in the Labyrinth." He says simply. "It really stuck with me; I felt I failed as a Jedi. I put myself and my desires above the greater good. I then came back and pretended I could build a new Jedi Order when I am a failure and a fraud. Tesara set me straight though; she pointed out that I believe she embodies what a Jedi should be, and yet she is not a Jedi. Perhaps I don't need to call myself a Jedi, wear the robes, carry a lightsaber in order to make a difference."

He brightens a bit and adds more cheerfully;

"Which reminds me, I had an idea for our new charges. I'll talk to Tesara about it too, but if they're going to stick around we should educate them. Math, Science, the normal school stuff. As well as how to control their Force abilities. What do you think?"
@Princess Astra Korraay
"Me for getting you promised to tell me about yourself yah not a chance. It's such a pain in the butt to get you to tell any stories or tell anyone what's going on with you. But when you do I treser those moments and ones like these. You know I think my mother may have been right about you being Like Lord sereno" she said trying to encourage him to share.

Astra hugged Durro " Master Jedi can have attachment and still be jedi look at the order im from they do it and most of them don't have issues. Quinn and I being the exseption, you will always have me here for you, and im sure you will have Tesara and maby hadaza as well like you said once befor we are a family." she said.

" I have to agree and it can help keep them from driving the professor insane" she said with a smile.
@Durro Thel-Tanis
"It means they'll be your first students." Durro says in a mock-serious tone. "Are you sure you're up for the challenge?"

"In all seriousness; when I was really on Lanus with real Tesara; I educated her while training her to be a Jedi. I always planned on taking her to Coruscant and begging the Order to take her. I didn't know then that they'd been destroyed. I educated her the best I could, to the same level any other Jedi student would have been. Reading and writing Basic, general galactic history and knowledge, math, science, etc. I think we can do the same for these children. Though we should also make an attempt to educate them about The Chaos, and not just about the Republic. After all, this area is their home."

He rises to leave.

"I'm glad you're safe; glad you're home. Just remember that you are safe here. I'll see you tomorrow morning for training."
@Princess Astra Korraay
" there children I can handle kids and I know to ask for help when I need it. Unlike a serten stubborn Jedi master I know" She said with a grin she was clearly teasing him.

" I agree I just hope we can find a sudibal place out her for them. Taking them back to there original home would lead to them falling back into the sits hands" she said.

" I'll try to remember that. Oh and master im going to win the next sparing match" she said with a sly grin as he left.
@Durro Thel-Tanis
(End?)
"Oh, famous last words." He replies with a grin. The door closes behind him with a hiss.

/end for Astra
Continuing on, he comes to Tesara's room. He is in high spirits, but the dark, brooding ripples he feels in the Force sadden him; he hopes he can return the favor and console her the way he was consoled by her. He sounds the chime on her door.

"Tesara? You awake?"
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara Anerin — 02/27/2022
Tesara comes to the door.  She had only returned from the kitchen about ten minutes prior to Durro's knock.  She usually doesn't drink tea, but this time it did work.  "Was I that loud?"  She says, attempting humor but not doing so well.
@Durro Thel-Tanis
"No, but I came to see if you're OK." He says gently. "Your emotions leave ripples in the Force, like a stone dropped in the river."

"Do you mind if I come in? I smell tea."
@Tesara Anerin
She laughs a little although it also falls a little short of her normal, bright laughter.  "Yes of course.  And that is what I meant about being loud.  Not to ears, but through the force.  My apologies.  I don't have any tea here but I did have some just a few minutes ago.  Would you like me to go get you a mug?"  She asks, stepping aside to let him in.
@Durro Thel-Tanis
"That won't be necessary." The door closes behind him. Like with Astra, he takes a seat among the familiar decor; the feeling of home.

"I meant what I said; I came to see if you're OK. I could feel your controlled rage at the planning meeting. I can guess the cause, but I would rather hear it from you, if you don't mind."

"If you do mind, that's fine too. You didn't pry with me; I won't pry with you."
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara sits as well and sighs a little.  "At the time I was upset at not being woken up for what was happening.  It was an incredibly crucial event and the fact that I had slept through it angered me.  But that has changed now."  She says quietly.  "I did a Farseeing to see what would have happened had I awoken and gone with you.  If I had, we'd have all died except the professor."  She closes her eyes for a moment, reliving the memory of watching it unfold.  "It was the Will of the Force that kept me asleep through it.  I wasn't supposed to go.  It upset me because of my oath to Astra, but I fulfilled the oath by NOT going with you."
@Durro Thel-Tanis
"Indeed you did." Durro says solemnly. "It was a tactical decision to leave you behind; we adapted to changing circumstances. Flow with the river, not against it; right?"

"Though I feel you've more than made up for it; I'm told you took the lead in finding our new charges a place to call their own. For now, at least." He smiles at her.

"I'd encourage you to talk to Astra. She needs you now, more than ever. This experience rattled her and understandably so. She and I don't have the same trust between us that you and I do; not yet. She needs her sister."

He allows a long moment to stretch between them. He gives a wry smile.

"It sounds like you handled this a lot better than I did."
@Tesara Anerin
She looks surprised.  "Firstly, I mishandled it badly until the truth was shown to me, then I was able to process it and let go.  The Farseeing helped a great deal.
I am no longer as distraught as I was.  Secondly, yes the girls are safe a few floors below us.  If Origin is a safe place to leave them, I think we should.  They cannot come with us on our journey to defeat the swarm, they would be in grave danger.  AND I am not certain if we have enough food and other supplies aboard to support all of us.  That remains to be seen.  We can use their help navigating, yes.  But I don't want to take advantage of them to that level.  Durro, they are so very very young.  Cheerie is the eldest at NINE."  She looks sad for a moment.  "Yes, Astra is my next stop once you and I are done.  Lastly, I wasn't aware you handled anything badly.  What do you mean?"
@Durro Thel-Tanis
"I'm glad to hear it." He smiles.

"I handled my experiences in the Labyrinth badly; that's all I meant. You set me straight, on Warkinles. I'll always be grateful that you were my apprentice; and I'll always be proud of the incredible young woman you've become."

"The children are actually something else I wanted to talk to you about. I want to speak with them, I didn't realize you already had. I ran an idea by Astra and I'll mention it to the Professor in the morning: What if we educate them? They're all Force-sensitive, and as you pointed out, young. I educated you on Lanus; how to read and write Basic, maths, science, galactic history and stellar cartography. Everything I could, I taught you in preparation for a life among the stars. We could do the same for these children, give them a good home and an education; though focused more on the Chaos, here, than on the Republic. This is their home, after all. While we're at it, teach them to control their Force-abilities. They can help us navigate, which will help us travel faster; much faster than even with two of us navigating but we will not exploit them."

"As for supplies; Ryan sold the medical station on Dubrillion; this time with my blessing. I got 25,000 bars for all of it; that should have some worth out here as its raw precious material and not currency. I had forgotten about it; it's sitting in several cargo containers on my shuttle. We can convert one of the storage rooms into a classroom and continue to use the dropship portion as student housing. We'll buy supplies with the bars and maybe we can do some delivery or other odd jobs on our way to and from Origin as income for the ship. The Professor's wealth won't last forever."

He pauses for breath and grins at her.

"Thoughts?"
@Tesara Anerin
She blows out a breath.  "Again, thank you for your words.  It's good to know that our conversation helped you."  She shifts position, considering his words on the children.  "I am both in agreement and disagreement."  She says, frowning in thought.  "I believe we are only two weeks away from Origin by the combined navigation skills of all aboard the Gungnir.  I don't believe there are any planets to stop at to stock up on supplies between here and there.  That means we'd only have two weeks with them IF Origin proves to be a safe place to leave them.  If not, then yes, once done on Origin we can find another planet - perhaps even Warklinles, to bring them to.  This of course all relies on what happens to us on Origin and what we find out, and if Quinn finds us, or..."  She shudders slightly, thinking of the Keeper.  "If he finds us."  She closes her eyes and takes a long, deep, calming inhalation.  Once done, she opens her eyes and looks at him again.  "Since these are all complete unknowns, I think yes, if the girls want to learn, we can teach them for the time we have with them.  But past that, I don't think it is wise to keep them with us."  She knows this goes against his full idea, but she has to make him understand.  "I cannot explain how I know this, but I feel it in here."  She presses her palm to her heart.  "The Force gave us these girls but only for a short time."
@Durro Thel-Tanis
Durro nods, not quite able to hide the disappointment on his face, not from Tesara anyway.

"I understand, and I respect your opinion of course. I'll meditate on it as well; if there is a better home for them, somewhere they can live normal lives safe from the Sith and the Swarm, then of course we should take advantage of it."

"It's late, I'll look into the supply situation and everything else tomorrow. Thank you for your insight, and I'm glad you're doing better." He smiles and stands, offering his arms for a hug.
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara stands and hugs him in return.  "Thank you."  She says quietly.  "I am grateful you are willing to listen to my input.  That means a lot to me."  She says, then pulls away.  "I also want to check on Hadaza and offer to help heal those bruises on her neck."
@Durro Thel-Tanis
"A fantastic idea; I'm ashamed to say I didn't think of it myself. Though I think you're better than I in that department."

"Let me know if you need a hand; just reach out and I'll be there."

He leaves the room, and returns to his own quarters.
@Tesara Anerin
She nods and follows him out of her room into the hallway, heading for Astra's room.

/end