The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions for Handyman 5/21/22
07-17-2022, 11:32 AM,
Questions for Handyman 5/21/22
Princess Astra Korraay — 05/21/2022
After leaving the bridge Astra headed for the Medbay. Handyman was preferable to facing Quinn. She took her time heading to the Medbay. Eventually, she walked throw the Medbay doors and she froze. The last time she had walked throw these doors. She had been put under against her will. She could not stop herself from shaking. She stared straight ahead. She shut her eyes as that memory played in her eyes.

Breath she thought. She shook her head trying to get the images of the bacta tank and her more recent sedation out of her head. She could practically hear her heart beating in her ears. She forced herself to take several deep breaths. Her master was right she had to deal with this. “ Handyman? I'm here for my Physical” she said finally. She silently cursed herself for her shaking voice.

She stepped back towards the door. She took several more deep breaths.” What all will this entail” She asked finally. She wanted to know what he was going to do before he did it. She also had another question for him. Why had he wanted so badly to study her nerve system? It did not make sense to her. Though she was not sure she wanted the answer just yet. She might panic and run out of the bay without getting her Physical done. Boy would her master be thrilled about that. As she weighted patiently for a response she thought it over. Facing fear was part of being a Jedi. “ H-handyman one other question? Why did you want to study my nerves what was it that caught your attention” She asked? Again her voice shook and she cursed herself for it.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/22/2022
Handyman moved across the room, "i haven't yet set up your appointment for a general physical," he said plainly. "Though my current schedule is clear. I can take you now."

He motioned her towards the near by bed, "it will consist of a wide scan of all your normal body functions. It is our intentions to study the long term effects that those connected to the Force endure. There will also be full blood work and othwr general lab work."

He stopped just short of her, "it won't hurt too much."

He paused and tilted his head, "i find all organics to de fascinating creatures worthy of study."

@Princess Astra Korraay
Princess Astra Korraay — 05/22/2022
She looked to the bed. She approached it but stopped short remembering the last time she had been her. " You won't try anything funny," She asked. Before finally turning and sitting on the bed.

"Iv felt some pretty crazy pain. Before" She said quietly without much thought. Her mind going back to the backta tank incident she shook her head to get it out of her mind. " long term effects of the force what do you mean" she added.

" No handyman when I woke up from that treat meant for the programming.  you wanted a more detailed look at my nerve system why" She asked.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/22/2022
"Try something funny," he said in surprise. "My dear, in the world of science, there is never anything funny."

He moved to start his examination, "can you describe your pain?"

@Princess Astra Korraay
" Emotional or physical?" She asked. She watched him carefully paying attention to every movement he made.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/22/2022
He moved through the steps of drawing her blood, "you said you were experiencing pain. Can you describe your pain?"

@Princess Astra Korraay
Astra giggled " I was speaking in the past tense you have my records you know I have both had a child and broke several bones in my body when I was 10 I was remembering that event. I'm sorry I should have been clear" she said. She wimpered as Handyman Drew Blood the respond was more from Axiaty then actual pain.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/22/2022
"Ah yes," he said carefully taking her. "And tell me, how is your daughter," he asked softly.
" I hope she is ok, I miss her" She said quietly. She was a little surprised by Handymans soft tone. She was honestly expecting this to be much worse then it was.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/22/2022
He nodded as he continued to draw blood, "I am sure you think of her often."

He looked up from his task, "can you tell me what you will feel if you can never see her again?"
@Princess Astra Korraay
Astra stared at him " Why would you ask me that?" she asked. She actively tried to avoid the qustion.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/22/2022
He tilted his head, "it is just a question Knight Korraay. If you are capable, please answer the question."

@Princess Astra Korraay
" I I would be sad, but if that's what the force wills I will be ok eventually," She said quietly.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/22/2022
"Is that so, Knight Korraay," he said picking up the blood samples. "You are truly a gifted woman. If my child was stolen from me. And i was denied even in knowing how my child was doing, i don't think i would handle it so well." His head turned around as he worked, "but i am not equipped to handle such powerful emotions, for i an only a droid."

@Princess Astra Korraay
" You have emotions and Roza was not stolen from me. I chose to leave her with Ava where she was safer" She said her head dropping. This was a difficult topic for her. She had to wonder why handyman was asking these questions.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/22/2022
He shook his head to the sides, "of course i don't have emotions. I am once again a droid." He picked up a long tub and walked it over to her.

"Please breath in to this," he said softly. "And yes, i am sure she is mucj safer with Ava, than you. Her own mother."

He stood there in front of her, "imagine what could have happened when Hadaza went insane and tried to kill you. Poor Rosa would have been placed in grave danger."

He nodded, "clearly you made a wise decision in leaving her in the care of such a trusted friend."

@Princess Astra Korraay
Astra tended at the sight of the Tub"  why what is it" She asked. All students about roza were completely forgoten.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/22/2022
He watches her avoidance of the subject matter, notes it and moves on.

"It is designed to test your current lung capacity and detect any anomalies within them."

"I hear there is a chance in you possibly meeting up with Quinn," he said softly. "If my memory circuits are correct, didn't you two used to date," he asked.
Astra nodded and dose as she is asked. At the mention of Quinn she goes pail freezing. She feels her hart race. " I-I we d-did but ummm..." She muttered struggling to get the words out.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/22/2022
He took the test device from her, "from what i heard, he seems like a very fine and upstanding young man. A fine future husband."

@Princess Astra Korraay
Astra stared at him. " Are you insane! The sith queen twisted him he wanted to kill of of you then tried to force himself on me." She snapped she dug her nails into her arms in an attempt to keep herself from becoming a sobbing mess yet again. " He's not the man I fell in love with" She whispered.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/22/2022
He looked at her with his cold photo receptors, "there is no reason to condemn the man for a change in occupation and religious ideology."

@Princess Astra Korraay
" I don't the fact that he wanted to kill you and force me to serve his Queen and the he tried to.." She trailed offdiging her nails into her arms to the point of making herself bleed. " Why are you torturing me with these things" She asked quietly her voice practically breaking.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/22/2022
He scanned her carefully as he stood there, "i apologize for the uneasy conversation."

He turned to pick up another item for another test, "i find pleasant conversations tend to help my patients relex during medical examinations."

He stood before her once more, "what would you like to talk about?"
TheTraveler — 05/22/2022
@Princess Astra Korraay
She blinked he was not trying to torcher her. He just did not know. " I'm sorry it's been a very difficult day. Quinn invaded my mind around the time we left hiperspace. I'm been a little on eage sense then. You never answered my question handyman" she said. There was still a tension to her. She watched handyman curiously. Had she gotten him wrong.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/22/2022
He tilted his head, "I am sorry, I am under the assumption that I had answered your question."

He nodded, "though I can understand having a rough day. It seems that everyone is out to get you now a days." He paused then turned and walked back to his tray table, "have you resolved your current issues with Hadaza?"

@Princess Astra Korraay
"No I asked why you wanted a closer look at my nervous  system you asked me about it shortly after i woke up from the crusaid programing incident." she said gently.

" yes and no i think we have come to a place where we can move forward and grow but the issues between us need time and work to be fully resolved" she said
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/22/2022
He nodded over his shoulder, "I said that organic lifeforms fascinate me. Any opportunity I have to open one up and, well look under the hood is a chance to marvel"

He started to laugh, "ha ha ha ha ha ha"

After a moment he turned back to his task, "being able to peaceful work out our differences with our fellow crewmates is an important skill. Take Hadaza and myself. I feel we have a strong honest relationship built on mutual understanding and respect."

@Princess Astra Korraay
Astra burst into a fit of giggles. She could not contain amusement. " She calls you a mettle monstrosity i think you may have missed something" she said. she took a few deep breaths. " perhaps this is not a terrifying as i rember when i was a child, I'm still never going near a bacta tank" she said with and honest grin. A new Question coming to mind. " Handy man is my M-count really as high as Durro said it was" she asked with out thought.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/22/2022
"Mettle Monstrosity?" he said as if in deep thought. "I don't think I have been more deeply honored. I must remember this the next time I am speaking with Hadaza."

He turned, "as you call them, M-Count, are not an exact science. In fact, I have learned that they are not even a constant. That they very over the course of a person's life time."

He turned back to her, "I wouldn't dwell on it." He handed her a simple white card with a date on it. "This is your next routine examine. Thank you for your time Knight Korraay."

@Princess Astra Korraay
she accepted the card " thank you handyman." she said getting off the table. be for leaving she turned to him. " I do have training in medicine both force based and non. it wasd the other thing  my study's focused on that and far seeing. If you need help in the med bay I would be willing to help. i beleave Tesara is a talented healer as well you may want to speak to her about it" she said.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/22/2022
Handyman turned and bowed, "I will remember that. Though while you are on this ship, your well being is part of my central protocols. Save your gifts for those who need you, and allow me to take care of you."

@Princess Astra Korraay
" Ok i will try to trust you" she said gently.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/22/2022
He nodded, "be well Knight Korraay."

/end?
"May the force be with you " she said bowed and left.
End