The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flight Deck Discussions 5/25/22
07-17-2022, 11:33 AM,
Flight Deck Discussions 5/25/22
Haj — 05/25/2022
((OOC - this was moved from #deleted-channel in order to keep the thread clean)))

Astra said: Wail astra is wanting on @Durro Thel-Tanis  she turns to haj. " You won't believe what the handyman said about you," She said.
Haj cocks an eyebrow, first at @Tesara Anerin, then at Astra. "Oh, this ought to be rich!"

She smirks, "Pray tell, what could that metal monstrosity possibly have to say about me that I would want to hear. Given his propensity for insult, I can't image that it was flattering in the least."

@Princess Astra Korraay
Princess Astra Korraay — 05/25/2022
" He said and I quote Take Hadaza and myself. I feel we have a strong honest relationship built on mutual understanding and respect. " Astra smirked needing to house for a moment. " I thought it was funny then asked if he was sure because you call him mettle monstrosity. Which he took as a complement" she said with a bright smile.
@Haj  @Tesara Anerin
Tesara Anerin — 05/25/2022
Tesara snorts a little and grins.  "And he seems to think I am the person to mediate between the two of you.  He wasn't uh....terribly happy at being called to the medbay in the middle of the night for something he didn't consider urgent."  She says.
@Haj @Princess Astra Korraay
Haj — 05/25/2022
Haj sits back hard, closing her eyes and laughing heartily. "Seems our Handyman has a gift for the wicked turn of phrase!" She applauds his deft handling of the language and says, "Bravo, to the maestro menance for perfect diplomacy! I'll have to give him a gold star when I see him. Touché."

Still chuckling with a mischievous twinkle in her eye, she turns to Tesara. "Yes, he was quite put out, or, rather, stopped from same, when he was called early this morning. In fairness, he's not wrong. I had a head of steam and acted rashly by not waiting til 'standard operating hours'", she says with air quotes. "I do owe him for that, however much it pains me to say. For all the good it did me, I could have waited," she ends her comment with a sour grimace on her face.

@Tesara Anerin  @Durro Thel-Tanis @Princess Astra Korraay
Tesara chuckles a little.  "I will let him know that you have agreed to only contact him in emergencies after hours and for all else non emergent needs will be discussed during business hours.  @Haj
Haj — 05/25/2022
Peering out through disheveled oaken curls, she says wrily, "You can promise him that I will never, ever, make that mistake as long as we are in company." Her smile quirks on one side. "It will take me that long to get the image of that little red smoking jacket sailing through the door. Where did he get such a thing, anyway? Oh, wait, I'm pretty sure I can guess," she says with a small shake of her head. "And that cologne. ... I swear there was a hint of mint!"

She breaks into peals of laughter once more, unable to contain her amusement.
@Durro Thel-Tanis @Princess Astra Korraay @Tesara Anerin
Tesara gapes at Haj.  "What??  He never mentioned THAT!"  She cracks up laughing.  "How in the world did you keep a straight face?!"
Astra stares at them " Ok where is Durro. I would like to take to him about the navigation scedual" Astra said.
@Tesara Anerin @Haj @Durro Thel-Tanis
Tesara looks appropriately abashed for giggling and gossiping with Haj.  "Sorry."  She blushes.
Haj — 05/25/2022
Haj missed the cue completely, lost in the absurdity of the whole situation. "Who said I did!? Though, to my credit, I recovered quickly enough, as I had pressing personal business to discuss with him and was able to get back to the matter at hand ... much like Astra has just done," she finally catching Astra's comment and finishing with a slight sardonic bow to the serious minded knight.

"As for Durro, he could be anywhere, including taking a moment for himself. We have pulled him fairly hither and yon with our need for a 'boots on the ground' captain. He's got a lot on his plate right now between inheriting both the responsibility of 9 little students, one of whom appears to be determined to follow in his footsteps, and everything that running this bird requires. To say nothing of the responsibility of all the systems of creation being on his shoulders now that our esteemed Professor Kenobi is deep in the throes of an existential crisis. Isn't it convenient that we all have had to have ours out in public and he has the luxury of breaking down in private. Power and privilege have their advantages, it seems."

@Durro Thel-Tanis @Tesara Anerin @Princess Astra Korraay
Tesara hears the bitterness in the words but only nods.  "I don't know.  The last time I saw him was with Master Drease at the Valfolk village.  He was comforting her."  She glances around.  "And I am also hoping to take some things off Durro's plate as I agree it is far too full."
@Haj @Princess Astra Korraay @Durro Thel-Tanis
Durro Thel-Tanis — 05/25/2022
The door hisses open and Durro strides in with a cup in his hand and reading his datapad.

"Sorry I'm late, I had a hard time putting the girls to bed. They are up to something and I can't put my finger on what. I will find out though, and I will deal with it. However that must be done."

He sits at an empty station and sips his drink.

"So, what're we all talking about?"
" I don't know how he doesn't the 10 hour shifts and lessons with the girls alon is starting to run me into the ground" She said quietly. She had could Haj's joke but stayed quiet releasing not to tease her.
@Princess Astra Korraay
@Tesara Anerin
@Haj
" Good  evening master"  astera says and bows slightly.
Tesara looks anywhere but at Durro.  She clears her throat.  "We were discussing Handyman actually.  Have a seat, Master Thel-Tanis."
Haj — 05/25/2022
Haj snorts through her nose, which turns into a throaty chuckle at Tesara's comment, trying, and failing, to hide it behind her hand. She tries to compose herself, but one look at Tesara's avoidant face causes her to bend over the console, shoulders shaking helplessly as laughter pours from under her tumbled and quivering locks.

@Durro Thel-Tanis @Princess Astra Korraay @Tesara Anerin
Durro raises an eyebrow at each of them in turn.

"Sounds like I missed an interesting conversation. Though I called you here to discuss our daily schedules and duties now that we're traveling again and I've been given the duties of 'Captain'."
@Haj
@Tesara Anerin
@Princess Astra Korraay
Haj — 05/25/2022
Haj lifts her head from the console, completely unabashed at the much needed release and shared camaraderie. She winks at Tesara then puts on her best "somber" face, taking a cleansing breath in a final attempt to gather herself for what sounds like a serious, and necessary, conversation.

@Tesara Anerin @Princess Astra Korraay @Durro Thel-Tanis
" Thank goodness" Astra said.
Tesara does not speak, only waits for him to continue.
After a moment of silence, Durro continues.

"The girls have expressed a desire to begin their day later. Though they had no good ideas for which activities to cut in order to accommodate them. Like I said, they're up to something."

"That said, it made me think; we've been told what we need to do by Handyman and the Professor and we accepted like a crew should. As the acting Captain, I intend to tweak our daily assignments and so I need ideas on what to change based on what our needs are."

"So... what are our needs? Anybody have any input or desires?"
@Haj
@Tesara Anerin
@Princess Astra Korraay
Tesara looks a little surprised.  "I certainly don't but I think you might.  You're trying to do too much, Durro."  She says firmly.  "Let us help take some things off your plate."
" Agreed and sumthing needs to be done about navigation master 10 hour shifts are insane. I don't even think the corisont order would alow that" Astra said.
Haj — 05/25/2022
Haj shoots a grateful look at Tesara before returning her attention to Durro.

"We need to talk about meals. With more mouths to feed that we originally planned for, we're running low on provisions more quickly."

She looks around at each of them and then down at their feet. "You might have noticed that I've been skipping meals.  Before you say anything," she says, holding up a hand, "part of that is that I haven't been that hungry lately. But the other part is that we have growing girls on board and they take priority."

She looks at Tesara. "I'm sorry to tell you that Ora's cake is going to have to wait til we restock at Wrklnz. But provisions, especially at the quantities we need, take credits, and we are low on those too, are we not?"

"A situation we can't rectify until we port." Durro agrees. "So we'll table that discussion for now. As I was acting Quartermaster before my, ahem, promotion; I am aware of the supply situation. We have enough to make it to our next stop, but we must resupply there."

"As for navigating, I have given it thought. Based on an ancient Corellian naval custom, duty shifts will now be only four hours long. All crewmembers will serve two shifts per day, never consecutively. That includes navigating and all other ship-board duties. Teaching does not count as a duty shift. Our duties will mainly be to make sure there is an organic on the bridge at all times, whether or not anybody is navigating. Any other ship-board duties are handled by droids."

"The information I have access to as captain has revealed that the Gungnir was designed for a crew of twenty-five. Seventeen is the minimum requirement. How do you think the Professor managed to travel alone? Droids, is the answer. We are mostly needed to keep the droids running, and while in the Chaos I'd like an organic 'in charge' on the bridge at all times. Consider yourselves the ship's officers, while the droids are the crew."
@Haj
@Tesara Anerin
@Princess Astra Korraay
Tesara hesitates.  "I can do as you ask but I do not yet have the skill to navigate the chaos like you and Astra or else I would have been assisting long before now.  I think I will be able to soon, but...not yet.  As for any other kind of piloting or navigating, I am happy to do so as long as I am properly trained.  If there are droids that can do this, I am also happy to learn from them or shadow whomever is doing the shift at the time.
@Haj
@Princess Astra Korraay
@Durro Thel-Tanis
Haj — 05/25/2022
Haj frowns at Durro. "I can pilot, but "navigating the chaos" - What did the Priloc call it?  Star walking? - the way you and Astra can do? Not a chance. I can be a warm body on the bridge, should the need arise, for all the droids listen to me." Haj turns to Tesara. "It seems that I will need to make peace with Handyman after all, if for no other reason that to prevent all out mutiny."

Concentration deepens her scowl. "Other than that, there are the things that would be called "household chores", I suspect - cooking, cleaning, and the like. I know. I know. The droids can do most of the repairs and maintenance on board, which I don't mind doing. I rather enjoy it, actually.. But you are asking for two 4 hour duty shifts per day, that don't include teaching, for chores that aren't handled by droids. But there's not a lot that they can't do. So I'm struggling with what else there is."

She stops to do some quick calculation in her head. "And, unless I am mistaken, Durro, that's 8 hours of "duty shifts" that need to be done in between teaching the girls for 4-6 hours a day and our own personal time. For me, some of that "personal time" is my own lessons with you and Tesara."

She looks curiously at him, trying to wrap her head around what he's asking of them. "Am I misunderstanding something? Or are our days to no longer be our own?"

@Princess Astra Korraay @Durro Thel-Tanis @Tesara Anerin
"I'm pretty sure to days not being my own especially sense becoming Durro's Apprentice," astra said with a sleek. " So we will only be navigating for a total of 16 hours a day instead of twenty correct?" She asked.
@Durro Thel-Tanis @Haj @Tesara Anerin
"Correct. We can travel jump-by-jump in the meantime, or simply stay put. I'd considered hiring a navigator, but we'll walk that ramp when it lowers. Shortened shifts and two fewer hours per day means we are not utterly exhausted when we finish, leaving us free to help out in other ways around the ship."

"As for your days being your own Haj, you only teach physical education. Any classes you attend are by choice. I ask for Astra's and Tesara's help only when I cannot be there to teach due to navigating. So outside of covering classes or bridge duty, your days are still your own."

"I'm not asking Haj or Tesara to navigate, but we should have an organic, an officer, on duty on the bridge at all times. We've gotten lax in that regard. This on-duty person is there to alert the others or make snap-decisions should they be needed. That means if Astra or I are navigating, then another person must be on duty to observe and 'be in charge'. Now, that means there are eight hour unaccounted for per day if we are navigating. If we are not, like now, then we have enough people. That may just mean that we have to rotate who gets an extra duty shift each day. I am still working out the kinks of this schedule."
@Haj
@Tesara Anerin
@Princess Astra Korraay
“I’m willing to take on the extra, but again I will need proper training.”  Tesara says.
Haj — 05/25/2022
Haj sits back and breathes through what she perceives to be a slight rebuke. She accepts it, considering what she had accused him of earlier. "I'm also willing to take on extra shifts," she says, her voice low.

" Extra shifts do not bother me im just happy to not have to be navigating 10 hours straight anymore. Master might I suggest Cherie start shadowing some of the bridge duties it I be beneficial for her to learn and it might stop her from over-exerting herself According to the other girls she has been" astra said. Hoping to worn Durro of a potential problem and offer a possible solution. The stories the girls told reminded Astra of her self at that age.

@Durro Thel-Tanis @Haj @Tesara Anerin
"I'm willing as well, so long as it is not navigating." Durro says. "I'm glad we're all ready to do our parts."

"I'm well aware of Che'ri's pushing herself. I've been encouraging it in a way, giving her more to do. She won't slow down on her own, and on her own she has to recognize her limits and choose to respect them. So as long as she is eager for it I'll give her all the hardest tests I can think of." He smiles wryly. "It's a lesson every eager padawan learns and quickly."

"Speaking of the other girls; does anybody know what they're up to? There's clearly something going on and I've been too busy to properly investigate."
@Haj
@Tesara Anerin
@Princess Astra Korraay
Haj — 05/25/2022
Haj blows an errant curl out of her face. "Send her my way. I've been teaching myself a kata set to music based on the lightsaber forms you taught me coupled with tumbling that I can pass along to her. I've also been using the combat remotes for dodging practice rather than engaging them with a stun baton. Between that and whatever else you've got cooked up, we'll see if we can't tire her out a little."

She rises from the chair to stretch. She's been sitting for far too long. "As for the others, they haven't said anything to me. Though, now that  you mention it, they have been keeping to themselves much more in the last little while."

“I get the feeling they’re unhappy with being asked to do so much, between physical training and classes. We might be pushing them too hard.  They’re still so little.”
Astra stared at Tesara. " They my not be happy about it but they do have a scedual that is far more leanient then I had growing up" She did to tesara.

" As for che'ri she may never learn master. I certainly didn't learn that lesson" She offered, there was clear concern in Astra's voice. She was not trying to overstep she was just worried about the youngest Jedi's safety.
Tesara looks at Durro.  “perhaps we take a look at the classes we are teaching them and decide which ones could be taught twice a week instead of every day. We have no idea how long the girls are going to be with us, and what will happen between now and going back to the outer rim. That may free us up and give them a little break.  Surely not everything that we are teaching them is absolutely necessary to be taught every day?”
@Durro Thel-Tanis @Haj @Princess Astra Korraay
"They also don't have anything fun like art or music" Astra said quietly.
Haj — 05/25/2022
"Hey, that's not a bad idea!", Haj leans forward. "Maybe, instead of 2 PT classes a day, the afternoon class can be optional - unarmed combat, art, music, dance even? Give them choices to help them feel like they have a voice as well as giving them an outlet for their emotions."

Ooh that’s a great idea, and well pointed out, Astra!
Astra's face turns red. " I just it dawned on me how much sing and drawing are a part of my life it may be good to help them find creative outlets and ways to express themselves.
Haj — 05/25/2022
"Music and movement are so important to me as a way to help me no only express myself, but also to move my emotions. I can't believe I missed it." Haj smiles at Astra.
Tesara is looking excited.  I love that! Haj and Astra, you’re perfect for it.  I love to sing so that would be fun too.
@Haj @Princess Astra Korraay @Durro Thel-Tanis
Haj — 05/25/2022
"Now let's wait just a second," Haj says warily. "Before we go to far with this, we need to remember that we were just saying that they are complaining that they are doing too much. Replacing one class with another, even one that they have a say in or is enjoyable to them, doesn't lighten their load. Plus they have free time in the afternoon to engage in extra-curricular activities. As much as I love the idea for so many reasons, we need to think before we act."

Haj blinks. "I can't believe I just said that."
" I can it was just something I noticed about there schedule " Astra said
Tesara grins.  “I can believe it.”  She is grinning but she looks proud.
(((00C I know that wanderer is out on a walk and I think maybe we should pause here and allow him to get a word in edgewise.)))
Haj — 05/25/2022
"Don't get me wrong, Astra. Its a good catch and a great idea! I whole-heartedly concur. We just need to look at it from all sides in order to determine what's best for everyone.
Durro had been listening to the back and forth and finally speaks;

"There are only three 45 minute classes per day." Durro says. "They are needed to learn the skills they will need to be productive members of galactic society. Sy Bisti alone takes a lot of time and practice, and they are learning math, astrogation, science, etc. I will not replace any classes, I already restrict the most 'boring' work to those three times."

"They have plenty of free time; and I recall saying at the beginning that free time could be used to pursue hobbies and interests. Such as drawing, singing, or conspiring in dark rooms and corridors."

"If you want them to learn these extra-curriculars, then teach them. Outside class time and only if they are interested. I only ask them for four hours a day for PT and Class learning. Even discounting meals and sleeping, that is a lot of free time. More than they would get in the Jedi Order, any of them, or a civilian academy."
@Haj
@Tesara Anerin
@Princess Astra Korraay
Tesara cannot think of a single word to say.  Durro was not only the eldest but a Jedi master and now captain.  His words held a firm finality that brooked no argument.  So she said the only thing she could.  “Yes, Master Thel-Tanis.  Is there more you wish to discuss before we finish the meeting?”
@Durro Thel-Tanis @Haj @Princess Astra Korraay
Haj — 05/25/2022
Haj leans back against the console, crossing her ankles and folding her arms across her chest. She watches silently as Durro makes his proclamation, and as Tesara and Astra absorb it, process it, and decide what to do with it.

Her eyes linger on each of them in turn and decides to hold her tongue ... for now.

Astra nodes and remains silent.
@Durro Thel-Tanis @Tesara Anerin @Haj
Haj — 05/25/2022
(((Schedule needs to be finalized so we are all on the same page for the day. Do we simply use Durro's as a skeleton for the rest of us, adding our duty shifts where applicable?))).
(((Durro has not established who he wants teaching or TA’ing what but we can do that in another OOC chat if you want to end this IB here)))
(((Good idea)))
((Not that I can think of))
Haj — 05/25/2022
(((I want one more quick thing before we end ... as people are filtering out after Durro calls the meeting ajourned)))
"If there's nothing else, then we should let Haj finish her shift. You're all dismissed." Durro remains seated and sips from his cup, returning his attention to the datapad.
@Haj
@Tesara Anerin
@Princess Astra Korraay
Tesara leaves the flight deck
Astra follows Tesara
Haj — 05/25/2022
Haj pulls up off the console where she had been leaning and walks to where Durro is sitting. She puts her hand on his shoulder, sliding is slowly down his bicep, and squats down beside him. "Kjære, is everything alright? You seem ... charged."

@Durro Thel-Tanis
Durro looks up from the datapad and takes her hand in his.

"Charged? I'm not sure what you mean?"
@Haj
Haj — 05/25/2022
Her violet eyes shine up at him. "Forgive me if I'm out of line. I'm not used to seeing the soldier in you. But you've," she pauses looking for the right word, and fails  "I know you are under a lot of stress. There are new responsibilities that must be weighing on you."

She squeezes his hand. "You know I don't pry. Ordinarily I wouldn't. And if you say everything is fine, I'll take you at your word. But you feel like electricity against my skin, so I'll ask again - is everything alright?"

@Durro Thel-Tanis
"Everything is... mostly fine." He smiles wryly at her.

"We got soft on Origin; everyone got lax and used to not doing anything. It's time to enforce discipline aboard ship, there are crucial tasks that must be done regularly. It will only suck until everyone is used to being a crew in space again. Once a routine gets going things can relax a little bit."

He lifts her hand to his lips and softly kisses it. He then turns the datapad towards her. A half-made schedule can be seen on the screen; seven days worth. There is someone on the bridge at all times, and if his shifts run over class time, either Astra or Tesara are teaching. Everyone's two shifts are never consecutive, and they have them at two different times every day.

"It's not done yet, but this is what I have in mind. It should ensure that no one person gets stuck doing all overnight shifts or all morning shifts and missing PT or other desired activities. Maybe sometimes, but not every day. What do you think?"
@Haj
Haj — 05/25/2022
She takes the datapad in her free hand and looks at it. "It's good. Hard and long, but fairly balanced. Though I think that it would go down better with more honey and less time steeping," she quips with a smile and a wink. She hands it back to him.

"I know you trained Astra and Tesara both as Jedi. I know you are training Che'ri the same way. You are a warrior and a Master of your art. You saw how quickly we followed your lead, unquestioned once you made your decision. What you're asking isn't unreasonable, especially given what we face. But it will take some time to get used to seeing you like this." Looking deeply into his eyes, she says softly, "There may be some hurt feelings as the power dynamic finds its rhythm and balance, yours included."

She rubs his curled fingers against her cheek. "The girls have each other to lean on, be they our little additions or the ones you trained who love each other like sisters. Please know that you don't have to shoulder this alone, for they love you too and would do anything to help you. And you know how I feel about you," she finishes softly, kissing the palm of his hand.

She rise to stand beside him, moving her hand to the nape of his neck. "Once we have that you that routine in place, when things relax, and the grumbling stops, will you then become once more the grounded Master we have come to rely on? Because I think you shocked them today, Durro." She leans in, her hand moving deeper into his hair. "You did me," she murmurs. "For just a moment, there was a ghost in this room. And I can't say I was pleased to see him."

She brushes her lips to his cheek, bends in close to his ear, and whispers, in "Please don't get lost in the war, Kjære. We want you here ... with us ... wherever it leads."
Haj — 05/26/2022
@Durro Thel-Tanis
Durro Thel-Tanis — 05/26/2022
"I'm not lost." Durro says with a comforting smile. "Though the increased responsibility means I'm, well; responsible. I'm making sure this ship is run as smoothly and efficiently as possible."

He leans forward and gives her a long kiss.

"I'll always trust my crew to have my back, just as they trust me to have theirs. My crew, and my family."

He kisses her on the forehead, his arms draped across her shoulders.
@Haj
Haj — 05/26/2022
Her violet eyes alight, Haj lowers herself into his arms, curling up on his lap. "Then trust us to do more than just fill in for you when you can't be there personally. You need to spend some time in bed too, you know. It's more than just your back that requires having." As if to prove her point, she leans into him and nibbles on his earlobe.

When he laughs, she smiles and pulls back a little to look him in the eye. "Seriously, though, Durro. You've asked them to join you in creating a new future, a new Order. Don't discount them here and now. You trust them to do as you ask, but do you listen when they speak? I listened today as you asked for input, then "tabled it", or dismissed it outright for your own agenda. I know you have your reasons, and I will support you for I believe, in this case, you are right. But its something to keep in mind. Your experience does not outweigh theirs. It's just different."

She softens her tone to one of love. "They're young and they admire you, Durro. Look to you as someone they want the respect of as well as aspire to be one day. Father. Teacher. Master. And now Captain-General.  But you are also just a man, Durro Thel-Tanis. One who is loved dearly, no question. But a man none-the-less, to my everlasting joy. You are not a droid or deity's puppet. You have to lay some of those responsibilities down from time to time."

Haj leans in again, "Speaking of which ...", she says, mischief in her eyes.

@Durro Thel-Tanis
"What are you suggesting? I listened, but the issues they raised have already been considered."

He sighs, then smiles mischievously at the change of topic.

"Unless you plan to make mischief right here on the bridge, that will have to wait. Somebody has to keep watch here. Especially with Sith ships about."

He brushes his hand down her arm, feeling the skin tingle beneath his soft touch.
@Haj
Haj — 05/26/2022
"You watch. I'm busy," she murmurs beneath his ear. He can feel the smile spread slowly across her face before she kisses him once more in the soft, sweet spot just below his jawline. "Mmmmpf, you need a shave," she says as she draws her nose lightly across the same spot.

Skin flushed and humming, she leaves his lap with one more long, lingering kiss before returning, begrudgingly, to her station.

@Durro Thel-Tanis
"When Tesara comes on at 2200, come to my quarters." Durro says with a grin. "We'll finish what we started then."

He takes his cup and datapad and heads towards the door.

"Do you need anything before I go?"
@Haj
Haj — 05/26/2022
One side of her mouth quirks into an impish smile, her imagination racing as his question lingers in the air. "Nothing, Captain," she says as she flips him his infamous two finger salute. "See you at 2200, as ordered."

@Durro Thel-Tanis
Durro returns the smile and the salute, and the door hisses closed behind him.
@Haj
/end