The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hallway Musings 5/26/22
07-17-2022, 11:33 AM,
Hallway Musings 5/26/22
Tesara Anerin — 05/26/2022
Tesara exits the flight deck after the meeting and hears Astra behind her.  She waits until the door has closed before turning to look at her.  There is an odd expression on her face.  She looks a little confused.  "Well that didn't go how I thought it might."  She says.
@Princess Astra Korraay
Princess Astra Korraay — 05/26/2022
" Really? What did you think was going to happen" Astra asked? She herself was happy that there would be a change in the schedule but was still concerned. Both Durro's behaved and resent events had her set on eage.
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara scratches the side of her nose, her forehead creased in thought.  "I am aware that Durro's upbringing in the Jedi temple as well as his military training is what is coming into play here.  It is a side of him I don't see very often, and it took me off guard.  I agree that the schedule change is necessary as the two of you were seriously going to burn yourselves out.  However the..."  she frowns again.  "The role of captain feels like it might be too much.  I understand why the Professor is in seclusion, but at the same time, that has put a LOT of pressure and responsibility on Durro.  It's just...unfortunate."  She says.  She does look troubled.  "I am going to give this new schedule my best go and hope it all works out."
@Princess Astra Korraay
" I think Master needs to remember we are a team. Captain or not he needs to remember to stop and lesion. Well at least to you and Haj that is.  " Astra said quietly. She did feal that Durro had simply brushed her concern aside.
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara is astute enough to see that Astra is feeling the same way she herself has felt before.  She puts a hand on Astra's shoulder.  "Hey."  She says softly.  "Durro may not acknowledge your input on the surface, but he does listen.  You're as important a member of this crew as the rest of us, Astra.  You have abilities and gifts that are desperately needed.  Maybe you should go see about what you'll need to start creating art with the girls.  I am sure they will be excited to be doing something more enjoyable than science or math.  Honestly the fact that I hadn't thought of doing art and music with them myself makes me feel foolish."  She grins.
@Princess Astra Korraay
Astra shook her head. " I'm not sure that's actually a good idea perhaps you or Haj should do that. I have learned the hard way im not really sure for teaching." She said. She know better then to try that again yet. All the evidence she needed was from the disaster with Haj. They all had a right not to trust her and she know it. She did not blame them for it either.
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara looks surprised.  "You want Haj or I to teach the girls how to make art when you're the only one who knows how?"  She smiles a little.  "Astra the best I can do is draw a stick figure.  Holding a stick lightsaber fighting a stick Sith.  I have NO idea of Haj's artistic capabilities but from what I have seen of your own, you are FAR better suited to teaching it than she or I.  Besides, it's meant to be fun, right?"  She cocks her head to the side.
@Princess Astra Korraay
Astra shakes her head. " I know how to draw, there's another activity you all could do. I just don't think I should be teaching without Duro's guidance. You know his lesson plans are crazy detailed. Honestly after the incident on the origin and my freakouts over Quinn and having a physical. You all have plenty of reason not to trust me. I know Durro doesn't. I am also not so crazy as to overestimate my abilitys. I can navigate the ship, heal, and my sight ability is unpredictable at best." She offered with a shrug.
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara frowns and bites her lip.  "Astra...you've got this awful black cloud over you.  You're worrying me."  She says, not removing her hand from Astra's shoulder.  "I trust you to do the very best you can at every step.  Even when you're terrified.  And now that the influence of the Crusade is completely gone, we no longer have to worry about it popping in out of nowhere and making you do things that YOU would never do."  She looks right at Astra now.  "We'll deal with Vos as a group.  And as far as teaching, Durro's lesson plans are really detailed as you said, so they're not hard to follow.  As far as freaking out over having a physical, you did it all on your own without me!  You fought against that particular fear and won."  Is there anything I can do to help you?  Even if it means having a good old fashioned battle in the cargo bay to blow off steam, or a good cry, or a shoulder and back massage?"  She is obviously worried about her friend.
@Princess Astra Korraay
She listens quietly. At least she know Tesara trusted her.  At the mention of a good battle, she burst into a fit of Giggles. " We have not had a good fight in a while. Remember our first three-way sparing match with Haj. Oh, that was so much fun. Why don't we have fun anymore?" Ask asked?

She missed just having fun and goofing off. Granted there was a time and place for it but lately, it's not at all. Of course she did still feal she had to walk on egg shels with haj. It was the main reason she did not participate in her joke on the bridge.
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara laughs brightly.  "Yes that WAS fun!  I was panting like a dog afterwards though."  She grins.  "We have about 45 minutes before we have a class shift.  Do you want to do that with me?  We can use the stun batons as my lightsaber isn't quite finished yet."
@Princess Astra Korraay
" Yah that sound amazing" Astra said smileing.
@Tesara Anerin
Encouraged at the first real smile she had seen on Astra's face in quite a while, she grinned and started running down the hallway towards the stairs leading to the cargo bay.  "Come on!"  She shouted.  "We don't have all day to kick each others' butts!"
@Princess Astra Korraay
" I'm going to catch you!" Astra yealed and took off after her.
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara flew down the stairs, lauging gleefully.  She slammed into the door and was in the process of trying to open it when Astra caught her and they both spilled into the hallway with a crash, still laughing.  Tesara pulled herself to her feet and headed for the cargo bay at a run.  It was so close!  She glanced back behind her and Astra was right on her heels.  "Damn you're fast!"  Tesara gasped out.
@Princess Astra Korraay
" I hope we don't wake up the girls" astra said stopping suddenly.
@Tesara Anerin
"Psh...the girls are two floors above us, Astra!  Haj is down here all the time playing music and working out when they are asleep.  We'll be quiet and won't play any music.  We have as much a right to be here as anyone else."  She grins and opens the door, letting them into the cargo bay.  She heads for the stun batons on the wall, carefully placed and charged.  "I wish you could use your lightsaber but you'd destroy these in seconds."  She laughs.  "Soon we can practice with them but I have to finish building mine first."  She pulls two batons from the wall and hands one to Astra with a wicked grin.  "Ready?"
@Princess Astra Korraay

((edited as Durro reminded us he had just put the girls to bed and it is NIGHT not morning as I mis-remembered))
"Well hurry up and finish making your Lightsaber then" Astra said.  She took the staff and smiled mishivisly. " Reedy" she said then took off in a sprint to get out of easy reach of Tesara. she would make Tesara come to her.
Tesara chuckles.  "I only finished imbuing the crystal a little while ago.  It takes time, remember?"  She chases her, jumping up on a few of the crates to get higher ground.  She had forgotten how fast Astra was.
@Princess Astra Korraay
Astra smiled " Yah maybe a day after imbuing the crystal. well no my legacy saber took a day and a half" she said after thinking about it for a moment. She watched tesara move up along the corse and she moved up on the oposit side.
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara jumps up another level, trying not to shout.  'Yeah but you went to a Jedi academy and learned how it was done!  Durro taught me but I never actually tried it before my crystal was imbued.  The lightsaber I used when I was on Lanus with him was one he put together himself for me to train with."    She leapt again, bringing the baton to swing towards Astra.
@Princess Astra Korraay
OOC: Is tesara actuly attacking?
OOC:  Yes.  We may want to put this on hold to see if Mike wants to bother with it, or if we can just storyboard the remainder of the practice session by saying that Astra soundly beats Tesara.  ?
OOC: I think Tesara would beat Astra Tesara is far better at combat then Astra is lol. but thats fine with me
OK let's roll on Roll 20.  Just roll a simple D20 and whoever gets the higher number wins.  Sound good?
ok
6 tesara wins lol
But does Astra feel better?  Even a little?
yes she dose lol
GOOD!  Then Tesara DID win.
lol
End?
end