The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haj to the medical bay 6/3/22
07-17-2022, 11:34 AM,
Haj to the medical bay 6/3/22
TheTraveler — 06/03/2022
It wasn't long after Tesara and Astra left the bridge when Handyman walked up to Haj. "I understand the complexity and stress of the current situation. However much of the crisis has, for the most part, been placed on hold. I would like address you wounds. Would you care to accompany down to sick bay?"

@Haj
Haj — 06/03/2022
Haj opens her eyes and looks over at the droid.

"Thank you, Handyman. Yes, please, lead the way."

She rises, slowly, to follow him. Putting a hand on Che'ri's  shoulder, she saying softly, "I shouldn't be gone long. If anything needs immediate attention, please call me, Handyman, or Gungnir. Tesara and Astra can't be disturbed right now. Ok?", she finishes with a small smile.

@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/03/2022
Che'ri puts her little hand over Haj's, "yes ma'am. I will keep an eye out for problems."

Handyman motioned, "this way please." He led Haj through the corridors to the sick bay.

Upon entry he finally spoke, "you can be assured that the file i am opening will be flagged under the strictest of confidence."

He motioned to a near by bed, "my protocols for such matters were written by the Professor himself."

He walked over to a near by cabinet, "the very first thing we need to do is act quickly to ensure there are no lasting effects from what transpired."

@Haj
Haj — 06/03/2022
Haj sits gingerly on the bed. Her arms locked rigidly at her sides, fingers clamped around the edge.

She hears what he is saying, but doesn't know if she can bring herself to tell him what happened.

"I shouldn't think so, but you're the doctor," she answers more lightly than she feels.

@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/03/2022
Opening a few bottles and placing small pills in to two separate paper cups. After a few moments he turned as he picked up the two cups.

"These are a mix of strong antibiotics and a conserception," he said handing her the two cups.

"Next we will treat your injuries," he said in his mechanical monotone voice. "Feel free to share with me what you wish about your attack while i start to treate your nose."

@Haj
Haj — 06/03/2022
Haj is startled by Handyman's assessment, but takes the pills. She hadn't even considered ...

She closes her eyes as he starts working. "My chest," she says softly. "When she tore off my top, she cut my chest."

A tear leaks slowly from her eye.

"And the waistband of my trousers down to my hip"

@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/03/2022
There was a noticeable kindness to his voice as he spoke, "such things are not your fault. You did nothing to provoke this. You must assure yourself of this."

He moved a small scanning device over Haj's body. "I do not see any lasting injuries, which is good."

"Though, it is the unseen wounds of the mind that will take the longest to heal. You cannot assume they will just heal on their own. They will require treatment just as your physical body will."

@Haj
Haj — 06/03/2022
Haj's elbows unlock, allowing her shoulders to slump. Tears flow freely now. "They had me bound, Handyman. Collared. How could one woman do that to another?", she keens softly.
TheTraveler — 06/03/2022
He moved slowly and carefully, "you are under the misguided assumption that all beings, male, females and of the many different races are all equal."

"Or shall I say they are all seen as equals. It is of my observation that all organic life forms are a like the colors of a rainbow. Both beautiful and complex at the same time."

He lifted her face gently, "like you Hadaza, you are both beautiful and complex at the same time. This moment in your life will not define who or what you are. Regardless of someone else's actions."
@Haj
Haj — 06/03/2022
Haj blinks, wiping her eyes. She never would have believed that Handyman had it in him to be understanding, let alone compassionate. Maybe she misjudged him.

"You sound like Durro," she chuckles lightly. "Thank you Handyman. Of all the things that have happened, all the damage to my body and mind in these few months, I think this will be the most challenging.

She shudders. "I can't tell the others. I just can't," she whispers.

"What treatment do you recommend?"
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/03/2022
He nodded, "my primary function is as a Medical Droid, as such I have been uploaded with more Medical files than most Outer Rim Hospitals."

He turned and returned to his procedure table, "the Professor has also uploaded in to my memory banks, over a terabyte of knowledge that we gathered from ancient alien cultures long forgotten."

His head turned around, "in short, it is in my programming."

He turned back with a bottle, "there are no signs of lasting injuries." He reached up and took hold of her broken nose, "this will hurt," he warned just before resetting it with a soft crunching sound.

"Your body will heal the rest naturally," he said as a matter a factly.
@Haj
Haj — 06/03/2022
Haj winces as Handyman sets her nose. "For Faen, that smarts!" The fact that her nose was stuffy from her crying didn't help. She reaches for a tissue.

"You said my body will heal naturally. I'm sure the antibiotics will help as well. But ... the rest?"

@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/03/2022
He handed her the bottle, "this will help with the residual pain. They are non-habit forming as per the Professor's protocols."

He paused, "the antibiotics and other medications were to help your body fend off any possible Sexual Transmitted Diseases you might have been exposed to during this unfortunate encounter."

He stepped, "i will continue to monitor your health over the coming weeks to ensure nothing has slipped past."

Tilting his head, "Hadaza, I assure you. You will pull through this. If you need someone to speak to, I will be available."

@Haj
Haj — 06/03/2022
Haj slips down from the examination table and walk to Handyman's side. To her utter astonishment, she puts her arms around the metal menace and gives him a hug.

"I appreciate that. I promise not to interrupt you during your personal hours. I am sorry about that. It won't happen again."

As she turns to leave sick bay, she asks, "Anything else i should know or be on the lookout for?"
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/03/2022
Handyman stood silently as he continued to clean up the remaining of the items, "in the event of an emergency, you may always call upon me."

"It is what i am programmed for," he added.

"As for what to watch out for. I would suggest keeping an eye out for any burning sensations or problems urinating. Beyond this, i don't suspect you should have any lasting complications from this."

@Haj
Haj — 06/03/2022
Haj blushes and looks down, ashamed. "I'll let you know if ..." she trails off.

"Thank you again, Handyman," she says as she steps out to return to the flight deck.

/end
TheTraveler — 06/03/2022
/end