The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FAQ's And Rules of Dark Tides
10-27-2015, 01:17 PM,
FAQ's And Rules of Dark Tides
So I decided to post this thread up for anyone to post their questions.

I would like anyone to ask any question you can think about that would help any new player checking out the game.

To get things started, I am including a few questions of my own.

Q: What kind of game is this?

A: MechWarrior: Dark Tide is a play by post game where you run the lead characters of the game. In this game, your character will be tested on many levels. Please understand that this is story based game. It is not enough to just post, but to create story. Explore the world, ask questions and speak with NPC's. Think of this like your typical FallOut or Oblivion where you can speak with anyone. You never know what little piece of information you might gain from just interacting with the world and those within it.

Q: What rule set are you using for this game?

A: This game is run under the old FASA 2nd Edition Mechwarrior rule set.

Q: I don't know what kind of Character I want to play. Can I still take part in the game?

A: Yes you can still play without a Character created. All you need is a basic concept (gender, name and general origins) to start posting in the game. However you must have Narrator permission to begin this way.

Q: Do I need any books to take part in this game?

A: No, you don't need to have any books to run in this game. I have all the books we need for this game. Also, I use the site BattleTech Wiki by Sarna for general cannon information. There are players within the game that have plenty of books also.

Q: What are the posting requirements for this game?

A: The posting rules of this game are pretty simple. Each player is required to make a post once a week. The last posting day for the week is Sunday. If you are in the middle of dialog with another player character or NPC, please be respectful and match their posting. If you need to take a break from the game for whatever reason, please let the Narrator know.

Q: Can I play any character?

A: While I don't have any requirements on characters or MOS (your class), the party leader Xangpow does have a say in what classes are coming in to the group. Normally I would encourage that you speak with him about your character concept. However if you want to keep some secrets about your character, then speak with the Narrator first.

Q: Can I play a Bad Guy or Villain?

A: No villain or bad guy characters will be allowed in this game. I don't mind your Han Solo style lone wolf character but this is a good campaign. However you can speak with the Narrator regarding your concept. It is possible that some middle ground can be worked out.

Got Other Questions?
If you have other questions, please post them to this thread. I will answer them when I can.