The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commander Birgr Heartman and Warrior Senni Heartman
07-10-2013, 09:52 AM,
Originally Posted: February 7 - 25, 2012
Generation Ship, Narshana
October, 1936

Commander Birgr

Birgr finished cleaning his armor with mild amusement. "I just need to keep Pigpen away from it," he muttered to himself as he put it away. He grabbed a fresh bullet to chew on. The past few hours had caused him to damage several with his teeth. His only thoughts had been on one thing...Senni.

He had come to his conclusion and felt that he needed to talk to Senni again. He asked around and discovered that she had made her way to the lounge. As he arrived, he scanned the room to see if he could find her.

Warrior Senni

Walking in to the lounge was easy enough with the two Immortals outside watching the door. They informed Birgr that Ogon had just talked with warrior Senni and that she was located within. There was clearly a sense of distrust leveled at her from his own men.

Senni set at a table in the middle of the room. Her long blond hair flopped to one side and out of order. It was not normal for her as she took pride in her hair. Her gaze was fixed in to the gold liquid spinning around in her glass. The near empty bottle nest to her told the story of what was going on in her mind. She didn't even bother to look up as he walked up to her. "Maybe I should have died on that roof top" she said with no sense of remorse or self worth. Her lone blade set at the end of the table just out of reach of her. The small hook and slides where the missing sister blade would have been hooked gave a sense of abandonment.

Commander Birgr

Birgr took the seat across from her. "That may be, but then again, if you had, I would not have such an excellent warrior in my ranks." He took the bullet out of his mouth and noticed the bottle. He figured that he was probably the reason that she dove into that bottle. He looked back up at her.

Warrior Senni

She took a sip from her glass while he spoke. The ice bounced against each other and almost echoed. The sound rang home that they were alone. She shook her head, "I am not an Immortal. I never reached that point. Remember!?" she picked up the bottle and refilled her glass once more. "You should have seen it. The night sky was blood red as the fires of the city cast our shadows long. you could hear the cries of the dead behind us. We were only children and still they feared us in the end" she remembered as she looked once more in to her glass.

Commander Birgr

"Everyone knew to fear even the young Azgardians." Birgr let out a chuckle as he smirked. "Hell. They still fear us. After two thousand years." He was hoping to lighten her mood.

Warrior Senni

"Feared? Yes, but I am the one feared. I am the one unworthy of trust." She added without taking her eyes off her glass. Once more she brought the glass back up to her mouth and took another drink. "Even you don't trust me. I know.....knew you better than anyone else."

Finally she looked up at him, her eyes red from the stress and irritation, "you turned on us. Why" she asked.

Commander Birgr

"The shot you described seems impossible. And to be fair, there has been much question as to whether or not you had a grasp of reality. If you still believed you were in some jedi illusion, it is mildly possible that you could be capable of killing what you think is an illusion. However..." Birgr motioned to the staff that he wanted another bottle of whatever she was drinking. "However, I've been noticing how you have been acting lately. If you do believe that you are in an illusion, you have come to accept what you are given." He sighed deeply before he continued.

Warrior Senni

She sighed heavily and Birgr knew in his heart that there was something that she was not being completely forth coming. "My grasp on reality is fine. I know AND believe that I am freed from the Jedi Prison and its nearly two thousand years in the future. The Republic and the Jedi Order is no more." She rolles her eyes, "what's hard to believe about this." She took the new bottle and fresh glass that was brought to the table. She continued to speak while she poured a glass for him. "Oh I forgot, I am serving with a dead hero. Who I am now claimed to have attempted to assassinate."

Taking a drink from her own glass and let her feelings of the situation be heard in her voice, "what is not to be able to grasp about this reality, Commander Birgr." She drifted her gaze back to the glass.

Commander Birgr

Birgr took a sip of his glass. "Fair enough. I find it all hard to believe myself." He shifted in his chair and leaned a bit forward. "Look. I've been thinking. I can't seem to picture you assassinating your superior officer, even if in an illusion. On top of that, you have already proved your honor several times. The only way I can be convinced that you killed her is if Talon wakes up and tells me herself." He took another sip. "You know better than to ask me something without giving me a chance to think."

Warrior Senni

She sighed once more as she took another sip from her glass, "And yet you do nothing to reinforce the facts to which you claim to believe now. I will not lie, I truly thought she was dead and had almost sent you a message informing you of this fact. We had just been picked up by the shuttle and she was flat lined. Both medics called her time of death. It was that tree thing that met us in the hanger and called her alive. Regardless of what she does from this moment on, there is doubt in your heart as to what you may think or may even believe in me. You didn't stand up for me before and you wont stand up for me now." She slammed her drink back and finished it. "you speak of chances to think" she said standing up and slamming her glass back on the table.

"I have had more than enough time to think. You are right about one thing. I am not in that Jedi Prison any more." she said grabbing her lone blade and putting it on her back, "I woke up in hell, where I drink among snakes and enemies" she turned to leave.

Her use of the quote from their bible stung as if it were a cut by her own blades. The quote came from a story about a Azgardian warrior named Tarash, who woke up after a major battle to find himself mad. The quote originated near end of the story where Tarash enjoyed drinks among venomous snakes and traitorous allies who in his mind were all plotting to kill him. Three scenes later as Tarash attempted to deal with the madness, he allowed himself to be bitten by one of the snakes and died.

Commander Birgr

"How dare you. After I fought to save my nephew, which every Azgard present was prepared to rip him out themselves. And right now, I am the only one who believes that you are innocent, and I happen to be the one in charge. Yet you dare to compare me to a snake." Birgr downed the rest of his drink. "I got bombarded with information around this incident as soon as I got off that planet, and I've been trying to search for the truth since. Yet, somehow I feel that I am still not getting the whole story." He looked at her as he poured another glass for himself using only his periphery.

Warrior Senni

Turning to face him, "How dare me!" she half laughed, "How dare you! I don't compare you to a snake. It would be my release from this nightmare!" she stepped in to his personal space, "Yes you did defend my right. I do not deny this from your honor. However, you never told me about the technology ban. I knew those stupid gems would serve no good for us. SO I brought something that would. I have to find out from that creepy tech. And when I did the will of the Council in retrieving the weapons, which you said nothing about when I used them to get the supplies, your honor failed me. Did you stand up to Talon and tell her that you had a chance to stop it before it even started!" she stepped in even closer so that she could look right in to his soul, "NO, you said nothing. I heard most of that conversation and what I didn't hear, I read off yours and her lips!"

Backing off finally and turning, "not getting the whole story" she raised her voice turning to him and drawing her sword, "Here let me show you the whole damn story." she turned as she thrust her blade to the far corner as if to point at something in the empty corner, "Do you see him! No you don't cause for you he is not real. But I see him, I hear him! For me, he is as real as you are! He is that Jedi bastard who twisted my reality! I don't even know what reality is any more! I am caught between then and now and somewhere, sometime else! Because of him!" Turning back to him with venom dripping from every word, "Would you like to know what he is saying right now?" Birgr may never admit openly, however in that moment he tasted fear on a level he never knew before just by the way her voice crawled up his spin. "He is telling me, 'Simply kill him and prove its all just an illusion, Prisoner Zero, Five, Two, Eight, Eight!"

She let out a scream that caused Birgr to step back unaware of her state of mind anymore or her intentions. She turned once more to the corner raising her blade above her head with both hands. She hurled her long sword across the large lounge with all her might while screaming out in a mix of anger and pain. The blade ripped through the air as she continued to scream. The blade stuck in to the wall as if to kill someone sitting in a chair, "GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" she yelled dropping to her knees while holding her temples, "DAMN YOU ALL!" she continued to yell as tears started to flow from her eyes, "I didn't try to kill her......I swear it....I didn't.....damn you all...." she whimpered while bending over forward and still holding her head.

The two Immortal guards rushed in with weapons at ready aiming for Senni and a look in their eyes.

Commander Birgr

Birgr turned to the two Immortals. "You two are dismissed. I'll handle this." Noticing their apprehension, he barked, "That's an order!" He knelt to Senni's side. His face was full of worry. He was very unsure of what to say. He sat on the floor and looked at her. His mind raced with different things to say, but he didn't want to trigger another outburst. So he said the only thing that he figured could lighten the mood, "What is his name, by the way? I've been meaning to ask since the duel."

Warrior Senni

With her grip slowly returning, she lifted her head to look at him. Her mind out of control once more. She could see HIM still sitting in a new chair. Somehow she had missed him. Somehow he is still alive. She could see the guards around ensuring that she doesn't snap his neck. She could feel the jolting of the shock device about her neck slowly wearing off. She looked back to her hands and see them shaking uncontrollably. She lifted her head once more to look at Birgr, "W......" she tried to speak but her voice was cut off as her body tried to recover from what her mind put her through.

She could hear the Jedi speaking in the background to one of the prison nurses. They were speaking about the level of torture that she could endure before she would pass away. He was always so polite in how he spoke of her. That was just before he inflected so much pain on her. The nurse seemed generally concerned about her well being but only looked away when they sent millions of volts through her body.

"We talked about it one time. Ariq wanted to name him, Birgr" she laughed unsure of which scene was completely real or not. Her body told her that the volts that ripped through her body just moments before were real. However her heart wanted so much to believe that she was with Birgr once more. That she was free from that nightmare. But only one could be real. Her heart sank as she realized the odds of what she wanted to be real, being true. She just laughed halfheartedly once more as she pulled herself in to a ball on the floor.

Commander Birgr

Birgr noticed her going into herself. "Woah, woah. Stay with me, sweetheart. I thought you said that Ariq didn't know." He was more concerned about her than the misinformation, but he was using it to bring her back.

Warrior Senni

Starting to let go of what only could be another illusion, she didn't lift her head. She shivered as the memory filled her mind. She could hear the wind howl and feel the bite of the air about her. "We were on maneuvers in the Northern Proving Grounds. A blizzard had separated four of us from the rest of the training unit. Ariq led us through the blinding snow storm to the safety of a cave. We built a fire and while the other two rested Ariq and I talked till the snow stop." Her body shivering from the cold her mind remembered. Her eyes never lost focus on the empty chair behind Birgr.

She could see him taking his notes like he always did. "He loved you and said that he Thor ever honored him with a son, he would want his son to carry your name." Pulling herself tighter in to a ball in an attempt to maintain her body heat as her shivering wasn't doing enough to stay off the cold.

Commander Birgr

Birgr was taken aback by this. He and his brother were close, but he never thought Ariq thought that highly of him. A tear started to form in Birgr's right eye.

He looked back at the empty chair to see what or who she was looking at; he couldn't figure ti out. As he looked back at her, he noticed her shivering. He decided to try and gt her mind out of the blizzard. "Alright, so his name is Birgr...I am honored. I never realized he thought so highly of me."

Warrior Senni

She kept looking at the him in the chair while she nodded. She watched Daz walk in to the cell and make a B-line right for the man in charge. She could hear what they were talking about as the illusion slowly started to take back over her mind. Slowly they started to fade in to the shadows once more of her mind.

She looked over to the nurse who also was drifting back to the shadows while the walls of the cell once more turned to the lounge within her illusion. Finally she turned her gaze up to him, "there were so many illusions. So many realities to swift through. They were so hard to figure out which were fake and which were real. Only to find all were fake. My prison was more than just of body." She carefully raised her hand to his face, "this illusion is the easiest to prove fake but the one I want so badly to be real."

She pulled her hand back carefully and looked around the room once more. Her keepers have once more vanished from her sight. She knew they were there. They were always there just beyond the walls of the illusion. "He loved you. You were all he inspired to be." She added

Commander Birgr

"I have good news for you. I am the reality." Birgr was trying really hard to help her come to reality. "I am Commander Birgr Heartman, leader of the Immortals, Brother to Ariq Heartman, Uncle and Champion to little Birgr Heartman. Senni, I am here, and I am on your side."

Warrior Senni

She slowly rolled to her knees as once more her grip slowly returned. The pain from the shock device was a fading memory as well as the ghostly images from her past. "you never could understand some things" she said half laughing as she tried to get up.

Using the table for support, "don't you think I had heard that before." She looked at her sword across the room and moved to recover it. However her weakened legs forced her back to the table. "I had figured one time the only way to prove you are real is to kill you. I tried it, and for what seemed like months you were dead." She turned to him with tears in her eyes once more, "there were illusions so real that I couldn't figure them out till THEY choose to free me from them."

Seeing as her weakened legs wouldn't allow her to recover her blade, she set down slowly in the chair. Her body still shaking from the experience. "The first time" she said looking from her shaking legs to his expression, "it took me two days to recover from the pain of the interrogation. I learned quickly to endure more pain and scream less. It drove them crazy one time I refused to give them even one scream. I nearly killed me, and would have had my importance to them wasn't so high."

Commander Birgr

Seeing her struggle with her sword, Birgr went over and released it from the wall. He was about to hand it to her when it struck him what she just said; She had said that she once killed him in an illusion to prove that he was real. His look went back and forth between the sword and her as he contemplated returning it.

Birgr stopped as he noticed the damage on the sword. He pulled it up closer to his face to get a closer look at it. The turned toward the wall to look at the damage there. As he noticed the residue, he turned to her and spoke, "Mind if I borrow this for a bit?"

Warrior Senni

Noting his glacing at her and his reluctance in returning her sword, she sighed. Attempting to pour herself another glass from the bottle. Her hand still shaking so much that the attempt was fruitless. Slamming the bottle back down, "still don't trust me? Fine keep it, if it makes you feel safer" she said with disguest and started to get up once more.

Standing on unsteady legs she turned to him, "if I wanted you dead, I don't need a weapon. You still drop your left when swinging to the right." She commented as she attempted to walk past him. "Anyway, this illusion is far too easy to prove its fake. Think about it."

Commander Birgr

"Well, you did just tell me that you have killed me in a past illusion and that some guy is telling you to kill me. However, that is not the reason that I need to borrow this. I think I just figured out how to prove your innocence." Birgr took his full glass and downed it. "I'll be back, please stay here." He turned to leave.

Warrior Senni

"I killed you to prove the illusion was real. It turned out being fake. Clearly killing you won't work and my heart couldn't take murdering you again." She said turning to face him, "like I said, this is too easy a fake. And I have fought and paid for the price before of listening to him." She turned to look for where he was this time. It didn't take long to find him by the door. "I never listened to him before."

"As if my word isn't enough. Fine, take it. So am I considered being held here?" She said then turned to sit down, "forget it, I most likely won't get far anyway."

Commander Birgr

Turning around briefly as Birgr got to the door, "Your word is good enough for me. I just want to berate my Immortals with it." He continued toward the med bay where Talon was kept.