The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "" - Line: 1584 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1584 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 203 usergroup_displaygroup
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1588 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1588 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1588 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "useravatar" - Line: 20 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 20 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "userstars" - Line: 26 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mother Daughter Bonding Time (Open In-Between)
09-07-2017, 11:41 AM,
RE: Mother Daughter Bonding Time (Open In-Between)
Arwen listened to Eli and her close friend, Gar, going back and fourth as she thought about what she wanted to do. Looking at her mother, the decision became more clear. "If you don't want to listen to her than that's fine. But I know you'll listen to me. Going into the city would be a suicide mission. Yes, they are honor bound by laws but even if me and Eli stayed out of site the king might still kill you after he speaks to you. Hobgobins can't be trusted, even our two hobgoblins I don't trust. Yes, one will die to save your life because he is honor bound. But the gaurd may yet stab you in the back if he sees a window of opportunity. He will rat us all out to his people," she said softly.

"I think we should have the king come to us, free the slaves from the mine that's two days away. We can train them to fight and set up traps. When the king comes with his army, we can take them, giving us the chance to take down the king and his army," she said softly, trying to not let her emotions into her tone.

( bluff check: Liz rolled an 18 + 7 skill = 25)
09-07-2017, 11:49 AM,
Elironda heard the words of Loki in her mind , 'make sure that their success isn't always assure.' Anger filled her heart as all she had to do was walk away and that task would be done. She gritted her teeth, "to hell with you Loki," she mumbled in dragonic. Her focus was on Gar, "fine don't listen to me. Don't listen to anything I say." She wanted so bad to just walk away and let this childish Half-orc hothead match off to her death.

"Then let's hear from the party." She turned to the group and spoke loudly for the group to hear her. "I am not making assumptions here. I am speaking from a position of being informed." She paused to make sure the entire group was listening. "Here is why I know her course is the wrong one. If we go to the King he will have us killed or enslaved."

"First the behavior of our two prisoners, who the Priest said that the king would probably do just that. Second there has been no show or sign that Elves would ever be seen as anything other than slaves in the eyes of this Kingdom. This has been regularly reinforced by statements from the priests," she said pointing to him. "Look around you. Lastly, we are traveling with a Paladin and two elves. Regardless of trinkets, we are a threat to their natural order."

She turned to Gar, "you don't owe me anything. But don't you think your friends are at least deserving of why you feel your path is better?"
09-07-2017, 12:31 PM,
Gar ignored Elironda, her focus completely on Arwen now. "I'm not asking any of you to take this risk with me. Its obvious you feel a need to stay here, anyway," she sighed and approached her friend, placing a hand on her shoulder, "I trust Nerwine's judgement. I also reason that the goblin king is stronger than all of us combined, and so overcoming him and his forces with freed, malnourished, untrained slaves is a false hope. The only choice left is the one we've had since the beginning." The half-orc turned back to the cart and climbed up to the driver seat between her two charges.

Gar took up the reins, looked back at Arwen, and said solemnly, "This is my choice to make, this is a risk that I believe is worth taking. It is the fastest way to the crown and it doesn't involve putting more lives in danger--including the life of your mother..." she took a deep breath before adding, "Now that your mother has been freed, Arwen, do you really wish to send her into battle against these hobgoblins? Now that you've finally reunited, do you really want to risk losing her again, permanently? Especially against these odds, which are not in our favor?"

The barbarian flicked the reins, urging the horses slowly forward. "It is my life, my choice. If I fail, you all will still have a chance to come up with something else. However, I advise against this army idea, it is just not rational..." she waved farewell to the party, and struck the reins again, speeding up the wagon and making her way toward the road. "I hope to see you again, soon."
09-07-2017, 01:08 PM,
Arwen listened as Gar spoke, confusion crossing her face. She tilted her head. "Perhaps, but he's not just going to give you his crown. You may have to challenge him and I don't think any single person can do that. But I do think if we stand together and work as a team we could do it," she said softly.

Arwen fell onto her knees, taking Gar's hand. "Please stand with me, I thought we had each other's backs. I dont understand why you're not helping me. I understand you want to stop the cultist but they aren't going to easily waltz their way in there." She let Gar go. "I think my mother and these slaves will fight, because we are still in hobgoblin terrory. We have to fight for our freedom and the freedom of others until we are able to get out of this teritory."

She listened to Gar as she watched her dearest friend, and someone who was like a sister, get into the drivers seat of the wagon and start to drive away. A part of her wanted to stop her, but she sighed in defeat, knowing it was Gar's wish to go.
09-07-2017, 02:29 PM,
Disgusted at Gar's actions Eli didn't bother to even try anymore. The hothead was going to do what she was going to do. Eli rushed forward and snatched a black ingot from the wagon. "Hope you find what ever it is you are searching for," Eli struggled with the ingot (bluff 18), as she dropped to her knees. Using the wagon as cover she drew her sword and touched it to the rear axle of the wagon. The frost blade started to freeze the axle. It would thaw in time but would be greatly weakened. She held it there for as long as possible. "I will keep your sister alive," she said as the wagon started to roll away. 'She go, but not far.' Or at least that was the hope. She put her sword away as she walked over to Arwen.

She calmly and emotionally watched the wagon turn the bend.

OOC: yes it was a jerk move and something that she would do. But my motivation was more to give Andre an option to keep the party together should he decide so.
09-08-2017, 06:47 PM,
Kaleb wandered among the freed slaves, tending to the wounded and hungry. Many were listless, unsure about their near future. "Freeing them was the right thing to do, right?" He asked himself. He watched as Elironda and Gar exchanged words, too far away to make out the words. A reconciliation perhaps? That thought was dashed as Gar rode off with the hobgoblins they had met at the trials. It wasn't hard to guess that she was going to meet the king. Her fixation on the crown was powerful and she passionately debated against freeing the slaves since it would make it harder to obtain. "She's going to need her hero by her side" thought Kaleb as he started to move towards the cart before it was too late to catch up. He couldn't help but wonder at the nature of right and wrong. Was Gar making the wrong decision by going off go meet the hobgoblin king on her own? Considering what he knew from reputable sources Elironda, Arwen and himself would be less than welcome at the court and most likely killed outright. Gar might actually have a better chance this way. "Well the fates brought us together before. I'll just have to trust Gar." With more willpower than he thought he had, he turned back to see to the wounded. He put his hands in his pockets and felt a familiar zap. "What the hell?!" As he reached into his pocket and got zapped again. Drawing forth his will to form an extension of his hand as he had so them before, he took a chunk of the black ore out his pocket. "Hmm, must have been when I jumped on the cart..."