The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "" - Line: 1584 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1584 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 203 usergroup_displaygroup
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1588 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1588 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1588 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "useravatar" - Line: 20 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 20 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "userstars" - Line: 26 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rude Man Overboard [Kaleb and Reine] (Closed)
06-28-2021, 03:50 PM,
Rude Man Overboard [Kaleb and Reine] (Closed)
Kaleb Wren — 06/18/2021

Kaleb had found a set of bunks that would allow them to still be together, as well that he could turn into a defensible position. As always he looked at everyone to see who could be a threat. His gut always came back to the male that had been rather rude earlier. The man was still looking at Reine in a very ungentlemanly way. Something was going to need to be done about this guy. "I'm going to look for a more private rest room to use before we leave." he told the others. He was only comfortable leaving because Durro was there. However it kind of worried him that Sinya was nowhere to be seen. However he knew she could take care of herself, so it wasn't so much that he was worried for her safety. It was more he was worried about what she was up to. He didn't try to explain or wait for any of them to ask him to tag along. Once he was out of the cargo pod he found one of the Gamorreans that served as a crew member. Kaleb started talking to him and was able to convince the Gamorrean that the trouble maker was complaining about the accommodations. Kaleb even told the guard that he would pay for the man's upgrade and suggested which cargo unit the individual wanted. When the pig-like alien agreed, Kaleb paid him.

It took Kaleb awhile, but he was finally able to get the Gamorrean to understand who it was that he was talking about. Kaleb watched as the Gamorrean went up to the correct stranger, that was one problem down. He watched as the two talked, at first the rude male was acting as if he didn't know what the Gamorren was talking about. Then it was like a light had finally gone off in the Gamorrean's head as he remembered what it was that Kaleb had instructed him to do. The ploy seemed to work as the two left the pod. Since Kaleb already knew where they were going he went off to head them off at the pass. The container that was chosen worked because it was at the time empty and looked as if it wasn't going to be filled since they weren't going to be taking on any more passengers. The rude male seemed to actually like the idea of having it all to himself. The Gamorrean left the unit, closing the door. Kaleb walked up to him and paid him the last of the credits he had, it was a small sacrifice, he thought to himself as he locked the door with key pad controls. he then signaled the other Gamorrean that he had paid off and watched as the magnetic crane attached itself to the empty container and removed it from the ship. It was while the unit was over the water that it mysteriously dropped into the water. Kaleb smiled and made his way back to the unit where the others were waiting.
When Kaleb got back to the others he had a genuine smile on his face. 

Reine — 06/18/2021
"Why are you so 'appy?" Reine whispered to him. She wasn't going to bring more attention to the stranger that had basically accosted her.

Kaleb Wren — 06/18/2021
"Two reasons actually. First this is my first time on a ocean going vessel. Second, I just got rid of some trash that I needed to get rid of." he told her.

Reine — 06/18/2021
She looked at him a bit confused. He'd never been on the ocean before? Interesting. She'd never been to space and he'd never been on the water. She realized that the man had not returned and blushed a little. "You should smile more," she complimented.

Kaleb Wren — 06/18/2021
"I smile when there is a reason to." he said after a deep inhale and then an exhale. "I also usually only talk when there is a reason for me to talk." he added.

Reine — 06/18/2021
She shifted, taking her shoes off and putting them under her knees. Not because she was afraid of someone stealing them but afraid of the boat rolling them around and getting lost. She was making room for him to sit. "Well, zen we should find more things for you to smile about."

Kaleb Wren — 06/18/2021
Kaleb didn't say anything, nor did he sit. He just looked around keeping an eye on all those that came into the cargo unit. Soon they'd be locked up and start heading out before the secret police could find them.

Reine — 06/18/2021
"Kaleb," Reine whispered quietly almost pleadingly. "Zees people are not a danger. Zey are starving and destitute. Eef anything, eet ees zem you will need to protect. So, sit. S'il te plaît."

Kaleb Wren — 06/18/2021
He did in fact sit next to her. "I agree that they need to be protected and even fought for." he told her. "But I have to disagree with them not being a danger. In fact because of their position they are even more dangerous. But don't worry I won't kill any of them... unless they give me reason to." he added.

Reine — 06/18/2021
"I believe you took out ze main agitator," she said trying to console him. "We 'ave some rations. Just as zem. But zey are proud and giving people. Ze theeng zat we need to do is make sure that we keep moral up. Your brooding will not do any good." She sighed laying her head back I thought we were going by train. What did Sinya do? Reine thought. Nope. She was not going to dwell on that last one. "Ze theeng we need to be aware of ees zat no one gets seeck." Closed rooms could do some damage with stomachs on a boat. She could feel the heat starting, and raised the legs of her pants to her knees. Thank goodness she wore these instead of the skirt!

Kaleb Wren — 06/18/2021
Kaleb looked at her curiously. An eyebrow raised. "I took out the main agitator?" he asked her.

Reine — 06/18/2021
Reine gave a quick look around. "I theenk so. When you left zere was almost a collective sigh." She took a moment to ponder. "Zat is not to say zat we are perfectly safe. But I got ze impression zat we were not ze only ones bothered by hees presence."

Kaleb Wren — 06/18/2021
Kaleb smiled. "I have no idea what you are talking about." he told her.

Reine — 06/18/2021
Reine lightly smirked. Boys. "I 'ope you 'ave other clothes. We are going to sweat right through zem." She tied her hair up behind her.

Kaleb Wren — 06/18/2021
"I've had to take trips on freighters nearly as cramped." he told her. "Granted we weren't as packed in as this, but it's damn close." he said with a chuckle. "Yeah the best thing to do is stay in what you are currently wearing, and change a few hours before we arrive. But we shouldn't have to worry to much about that once we're far enough away that we won't be on the secret police's radar." he added.

Reine — 06/18/2021
"Oh?" Reine perked up. "Why were you on one? Were you in spayce?" She was reminded that she was going to go into space soon but ignored the reason why. The opportunity itself was too exciting.

Kaleb Wren — 06/19/2021
"Yes it was in space. What I was doing, I honestly can't remember." he said trying to recall. "It was probably a training thing, or my father was working a job. Before I became his apprentice I wasn't told reasons for why were were going to a particular place. We just went." he told her.

Reine — 06/19/2021
"Do you remember where you were going?"

Kaleb Wren — 06/19/2021
He shook his head in the negative. "Have you seen Sinya? I would have thought we would have regrouped by now."

Reine — 06/19/2021
Reine shook her head. "Non. Not since we were brought to ze lodgings."