The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "" - Line: 1584 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1584 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 203 usergroup_displaygroup
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1588 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1588 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1588 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "useravatar" - Line: 20 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 20 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "userstars" - Line: 26 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Warriors and New Paths [Kaleb, Sinya, Reine, and Durro] (Closed)
06-28-2021, 04:21 PM,
Old Warriors and New Paths [Kaleb, Sinya, Reine, and Durro] (Closed)
TheTraveler — 06/21/2021
Old Warriors and New Paths
Underworld Clinic (Bruno's)
Dalai Heights, Rotterdam
Europa, Baklid VI

We find our heroes at the underground clinic of the Street Fixer, Bruno. The process to get the two new Chain Codes took hours to complete, lasting well in to the evening. The process was filled with obstacles finding appropriate ID's was just the fist step. Ensuring that appearances were close enough for a match was another obstacle that had to be over come. Then making sure that the CC being “borrowed” was still active and not currently used. “Basically, we are making sure it slipped through the cracks,” stated Kiya, Bruno's Slicer. In the end, it was a grueling process that often sent our two heroes, Kaleb and Reine back to the datapad searching names and pictures time and time again.

Though that wasn’t the only excitement in the clinic. As Sinya was being prepared for her new blood dripped bard, Qui'Tie, a Twi'lek assistant to Bruno attempted to help her boss get Sinya ready. This simply act ended in near conflict as Sinya shoved the other female Twi'lek away. Bruno came over with a slight laugh, “she doesn’t allow anyone to touch her tattoos,” he said helping the Twi’lek back to her feet. “I did the first one and she won’t let anyone else work on them.”

As the assistant left, Bruno moved up to Sinya, “you should give her some slack. The girl is actually a very talented artist.”

As this scene was playing out on the other side of the clinic, Durro moved up Kaleb who was standing next to the chair were Reine was getting her forth attempt at a new Chain Code. “You have a moment,” he asked softly.

Kaleb Wren — 06/21/2021
Kaleb was looking at the id he had taken when Durro came up to him.. He wasn't sure about it, but for some reason it just felt right. "Yeah sure." he told him.

TheTraveler — 06/21/2021
His eyes shifted for but a moment to Sinya and Bruno. "I am not sure if I told anyone this, but I explored the spaceport back in the Capital."

He moved slightly as he brought his attentionback to Kaleb and Reine, "I have for some time been feeling the pull of the Force. I sense our paths are diverging."

He frowned as the seriousness of the conversation fell upon him, "so as I was saying. I went to the spaceport and found a number of craft I could take. But upon further investigation, nearly all craft operated by the government lacks Hyperdrives."

"I suspect that this is the same with the firespray," he explained softly.

Kaleb Wren — 06/21/2021
Kaleb was a bit surprised by what he was hearing. Not so much about the government vessels, but the thing about splitting up.  But for now Kaleb just nodded as he listened.

TheTraveler — 06/21/2021
Durro gave a thoughtful moment and allowed anyone to speak if they choose. After that moment he continued.

"As I prepare to depart, I have some wisdom and final assistance to offer."

He looked to Kaleb, and tried to speak in a tone that was not easily overheard. "I do not suspect that the Hyperdrive will be an issue. The ship has a registry to it. They are no doubt looking for it as we speek." He paused a moment as if making sure he was confident in his next words. "I can help you get back on board as I don't suspect, our friend," he said softly motioning to Sinya, "will be joining us."

"I am not sure the reasons but I have heard Baklid two thrown about in conversations. While our trip here, I did some research on the world. There is a minor shipyard there own and operated by SunCo. I believe our friend Ava's new role can assist in getting a Hyperdrive installed and new registration."

He broke off there to allow Kaleb a opportunity to speak or ask questions.

Kaleb Wren — 06/21/2021
"So you want us to go back to the ship we just left and use that to go back to Austerity and then use it to go to Baklid-2?" he asked as silently as he could and still be heard by the Jedi.

TheTraveler — 06/21/2021
Durro looked slightly confused then smiled, "sorry, I have a lot on my mind," he said with a simple hand motion.

"Let me explain. The hyperdrive shouldn't be an issue for us. The fact that the firespray has a registry is. They have to know now the ship was stolen. So I am sure they are looking for it, and in extention, us."

His eyes moved to Reine to see if she wanted to join the conversation. He waited a moment before going back to Durro.

Keeping his voice even and low, "we have surprise on our side. They can't possibly believe we would land at one of their military bases after stealing the craft. That buys us some time, but not a lot."

"I will go ahead and clear the way for our turn to the craft." He thought for a moment then added, "I think we can both agree enough blood has been shed today. I can get us back on board without bloodshed."

"Then, if you will, I need you to take me somewhere and drop me off," Durro added to his original plan. "After which speak with Ava and have her clear the way for you to use SunCo's facilities on Baklid Two, while you do, well whatever it is you have planned there."

Reine — 06/21/2021
Reine was the last person to know anything about space travel. Hyperdrives? Registry? She would rather leave it to those who know.

Kaleb Wren — 06/21/2021
Kaleb did his best to remember the conversation. he knew they wanted to find the Black Swan there, but he could have sworn they had chosen to have Nova make the needed bombs. But then again things were always constantly changing with this group. In the year they've been in this reality, nothing ever went 100% according to plan. Plus it was probably a good idea to get Reine off world for a bit. Kaleb didn't say anything, he just nodded. @Reine

TheTraveler — 06/21/2021
Durro was surprised by the lack of comments from the two. Clearly they must have more trust for him than he originally thought. It was refreshing.

With a nod, "I will contact you two when I have everything at the spaceport set up. For now, please remain out of sight and most importantly, out of trouble." The last part said more with a smile and hint of humor in his voice.

On that he rose up and turned to walk away.

Kaleb Wren — 06/21/2021
"I'm not the one that gets into trouble. I'm usually the one getting others out of trouble." Kaleb stated. @Reine

TheTraveler — 06/21/2021
Durro paused and smiled, "something we both have in common," he said glancing over his shoulder. A clear reference to saving Reine. He gave a nod, "the Force will be with you Kaleb." He pulled his hood up over his head and headed out through the door.

Reine — 06/21/2021
"What did I meess?" Reine asked confused. @Kaleb Wren

Kaleb Wren — 06/21/2021
"More than you know. At least I think so." Kaleb thought to himself. Snapping back to reality. "Durro was just telling me he was going to go back to the ship we... acquired. It might be easier for us to go to Baklid-2 straight from here is what I understood he was suggesting and that we'd meet the others there since they were supposed to be going as well." he told her in the same hushed tone that he had been talking to Durro with.

Reine — 06/21/2021
"They were?" Reine asked in the same hushed tone. "I thought it was going to be moi, you, maybe Tesara and..." She jerked her head to the side towards Sinya. "I thought they others had to do something else. With that Lombardi woman."

Kaleb Wren — 06/21/2021
"I don't know. But one thing Durron was right about... the last thing the government here would expect is their ship being found on Baklid-2." he told her.

Reine — 06/21/2021
"But if we take it there, are we leaving it there? Or are we keeping it?"

Kaleb Wren — 06/21/2021
"We'll do what me must, when we must." he told her. He wasn't a Jedi he couldn't see into the future.

Reine — 06/21/2021
Reine pinched her nose. "This lack of planning... I am surprised any of you know how to dress yourselves."

Kaleb Wren — 06/21/2021
"Yeah, that's probably why I usually end up saving everyone." Kaleb told her. "I'm surprised Durro got to you, before I was able to." he added.

Reine — 06/21/2021
"Got to me? What do you mean 'got to me'? He was talking to ze both of us."

Kaleb Wren — 06/21/2021
Kaleb chuckled. "No princess, that was all to you." he told her.

Reine — 06/21/2021
She puffed her cheeks with air before slowly letting it out through pursed lips. "Eez eet bad zat I was not really paying attention?"

Kaleb Wren — 06/21/2021
"You were kind of busy wrapping up your procedure after all." he told her.

Reine — 06/21/2021
Reine looked down at her bandaged. At least they had the grace to do that. The incision pulsated. Maybe they could find some sort of bacta to apply to it. "Did you choose your name?"

Kaleb Wren — 06/21/2021
"Yes I'm good to go." he told her.

TheTraveler — 06/21/2021
Sinya raises from her chair, "once more Bruno, you have done me good" she said with a smile on her face. The droid next to her placed a simple bandage on her arm. With a nod, she walked over to Reine and Kaleb. "I see you two are done as well," she said softly. "Come on, I got a place where we can...." she paused looking around. "Um where did the Jedi go," she asked clearly confused at the lack of a Durro.

Reine — 06/21/2021
"He went to go get ze ship. He theenks eet will be easier to get to our destination. Because zey will not look for eet zere." Reine explained.

TheTraveler — 06/21/2021
She reached up and pinched the bridge of her nose and groaned, "Jedi and their arrogance." She let out a long sigh, "thank you," she said softly then added, "I am sure you want a shower." She turned to Kaleb, "There is a place," she said glancing around, "its a bit of a walk, but I think we can get a taxi. And I know Bruno doesn't like people hanging around after their work is done."

Reine — 06/21/2021
"It would be nice, oui, Reine nodded. She had changed her clothes once today and was hoping that maybe she could get her other clothes cleaned. But, right now, she was afraid of what kind of hole Sinya was going to take them to.

TheTraveler — 06/21/2021
Sinya smiled, "I thought so," She glanced at Kaleb and laughed, "For well over a year, I haven't seen him this happy." She shook her head, "let me get that taxi," she said then turned and walked back over to Bruno. "Got a favor, if my credit is still good."

((OOC: The following conversation is considered low. Listen Check DC 15 to hear the following))

The Hutt was carefully examining his new Lightsaber, "you will always have credit with me, My little river Princess, " he said with a laugh while speaking outer rim creole.

There was a sincerer smile on her face, "We need a ride to Clovale Spaceport," she said letting the smile slip from her lip.

"Can you run an errand for me," he asked softly.

She tilted her head, "that depends, where, to who, and when."

"The where is Baklid Nine, the who is your old friends at the Foundry," he said in a deep voice. "I need it there by tomorrow night."

Her eyes narrowed, "fine...." There was clear anger in her voice. "but this ride better be worth it."

He laughed, "I am sure it won't be, but I will add it to your balance." As if reading her, "you know, after this run for me, you will have enough for those military grade eyes you have been looking at." He smiled, "come on,"

She frowned, "I said fine. I will send you where to make the delivery," she snapped, "now make the call." She turned back to Reine and Kaleb and started to walk across to rejoin them.

Reine — 06/21/2021
The taxi arrived and Kaleb held the door open for Reine before going getting into the other side, keeping the front seat open for Sinya. Reine kept quiet on what she heard silently judging Sinya on changing the plans without telling them. They were supposed to be going to Baklid II and now they had to make some pit stop to Baklid IX so she could run some illegal errand.

TheTraveler — 06/21/2021
The drive through the nightime slums of Rotterdam was what everyone expected it to be. The streets were in complete control by gangs.

Passing a parked police car, while women, men and worse worked the corners in plain sight reflected how little the police controlled anything.

The taxi made some rather strange turns, before it became clear he was avoiding crossing between gang territories.

Reine — 06/21/2021
Reine placed a hand over Kaleb's, keeping her eyes forward. What had she let them get her into? She could have gone back home and said she was kidnapped and she had gotten away. But now... She sighed softly. Now there was no going back. Not as herself at least. She counted down the minutes until they got to some semblance of safety, praying to the Angel that they would as she discreetly clutched her purse.

Kaleb Wren — 06/22/2021
Ooc: I've  caught up. Looks good, I also rolled a 15.

TheTraveler — 06/22/2021
The taxi made its final turn in to Clovale Spaceport and drove down a make shift dirt road. At first glance, it appeared to be a large starship junkyard. But it became clear that these sections of starship have been converted in to dwellings.

"This is fine," Sinya said motioning to a area in the junkyard community.

The taxi came to a stop let everyone out. Sinya led the way through the make shift homes and up to a section of a small freighter.

She opened the door and let Kaleb and Reine in. It was a simple home with furniture that showed signs of many years of use. On the east wall, was a work bench with several electrical components and tools on it. The room lit by simple rope lighting.

"I am sure there is drinks in the frig, but I doubt the food is any good," she said to Kaleb.

Then she turned to Reine, "come on," she said to Reine. "I'll show you where the shower is." With an opened extended hand, she directed Reine to a side bedroom.

Kaleb Wren — 06/22/2021
Kaleb took his bags over towards the work bench and sat down to work on his armor. Something told him that he was going to need it soon and needed it up and running as soon as he could. Even if that meant he was only going to be able to use pieces of it.

TheTraveler — 06/22/2021
((OOC: @Kaleb Wren , roll repair DC 15. The work bench offers a +1 to your check))

Kaleb Wren — 06/22/2021

TheTraveler — 06/22/2021
((OOC: Nice roll, by the time you guys leave Sinya's house. You will have the damage to the armor repaired.))

Kaleb Wren — 06/22/2021
(( Cool beans))

TheTraveler — 06/22/2021
Sinya's home is simple, and not really a clean place. The major issues were just clothes tossed about and disorderly. Though there are numerous partially drunk cups of coffee littering the small one bedroom. The bed wasn't made, and the bed sheet was ripped down the middle. There was a musty smell to the place, but that was due to her not being on world for several weeks. The kitchen to everyone's surprise had only one set of dishes in the sink. The cabinets only reflected that Sinya was a solitary person. True to her word, there were spirits in the fridge that were available to drink. The bathroom wasn't terrible, but wasn't clean either. It was okay. The shower however, had no hot water, or even lever for a hot water. One thing that was missing to this small house where a female lived, was any sign of jewelry or other signs of wealth.

As Reine was in the shower, Sinya took this time to gather up some of her clothes, and two long duffel bags. She started to fill them with the clothes, books, data cards, shoes, and other items. The strangest thing was a red wood box that was six inches, by six inches by twenty four inches. She carried it with great care and slide it in to one of her duffel bags. Next she went to the kitchen and pulled a small metal can. The can was something that Kaleb knew well, it was her favorite coffee. She tossed it in to her duffel bag. She continued to pack up her things, though it was clear the had a method to what she was taking and what she was willing to leave behind.

She walked over to the table and smiled to Kaleb as she reached under it. There was hardly a sound as she pulled a second double barreled hand cannon from under the workbench. A second effort allowed her to retrieve a small bag that rattled with items as she pulled. "A run bag," she said with a soft smile. She walked back over to the sofa where her two bags were waiting. Sinya continued to pack up her belongings. The rest of the items were simply clothing.

Reine — 06/23/2021
Reine walked out of the shower with a towel wrapped around her head, with a long tunic and short sleep shorts on underneath. Her face glowed with the night cream she had put on. It wasn't her usual skin care routine but it was the basics at least. She stood in the middle of the space, chewing her bottom lip, afraid to inquire where she was going to sleep. She didn't like that she was going to bed with her hair wet, but it would give her locks nice body and wave for the morning. 

TheTraveler — 06/23/2021
Sinya put the final items in her two duffel bags and stood there by the sofa. She scanned the room carefully as she heard the shower turn off. With a nod, she was grateful that she cleaned out the bedroom first. Then she noticed it on the top of one of the kitchen cabinets. She walked over and grabbed the small metal box. Her frown grew as she looked at it. Her fingers glided over the box as if to touch ever mark and bend of the metal. She glanced over at Kaleb who was still working on his armor. She turned her back just in case and whipped her tears. Taking in a deep breath, she cursed herself for nearly forgetting it. She let out a long sigh and started to walk back to the bags on the sofa. That was when her comlink went off with a strange ring tone that brought a smile to her face.

:musical_note: Hold on tight, you know she's a little bit dangerous
She's got what it takes to make ends meet
The eyes of a lover that hit like heat
You know she's a little bit dangerous :musical_note:

She slipped her ear piece in, "Everything checks out?" She said sliding the box in the bag. "Okay, there has been a change in plans," she spoke in to the mic of the ear piece. "I know, I am about to head there now." She smiled and almost blushed. Bent over the bags, she closed them up and secured them. Grateful that Kaleb was so focused and Reine was in the other room. "See you guys soon," she finished before terminating the link. She looked around the home one last time. It was if part of her was dying while another part of her was just being born. She wouldn't ever return to this place, a place given to her as a slave. A place where her Master told her to live. A place where she had no control over her life. She nodded, a part of her was dying. She looked down to the brand new barb on her lower left forearm. The man's dying breath still in her memory.

Picking up both bags, Sinya turned to Kaleb, "Okay, you guys be safe," she said as she walked to the door. She knew that Kaleb wouldn't ask anything. She knew he wasn't much of a talker, well at least not to her or Lysire. She paused at the opened door and looked back at him one last time with a smile on her face, 'his loss' she thought with a hint of humble appreciation. After a moment, she slipped through the door and in to the night. The door closing behind her.

Reine — 06/23/2021
"Where did Sinya go?" Reine asked simply. Watching the Mandolorian fix his armor. And where were they? How did she know they were safe? Without insulting her bodyguard.

Kaleb Wren — 06/24/2021
"More than likely to rejoin Lysire and get the repairs on the Shadow." he told her as he looked up from working on his armor. "This place is hers, she's been here for years. She wouldn't have left us here if she didn't know it was safe." he promised.

/End Scene