The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echoes of the past 3-22-21
10-24-2021, 01:11 PM,
Echoes of the past 3-22-21
Echoes of the past  3/22/2021

(OOC: This scene takes place in the dead of the night while @Durro Thel-Tanis and Atril are hiding out. If there are questions about the setting please let me know.)

“Here they come,” Nix’s pain filled voice screamed in to Durro’s mind as the memories of long past battles echoed. The night did not pass peacefully nor silently. In fact, the night was filled with sounds of a nearby battle. Those sounds echoed in Durro’s memories. Sounds that had long been forgotten haunted his thoughts this lone night. It was if the two battles were happening simultaneously. There was no blocking the sounds or ignoring the memories that flooded forward.

He could hear the high rate of fire of a rotary blaster canon rendering its report. Blaster fire ripped through the jungle as in his mind Nix calls out, “they are pressing the right flank, Commander!”

A scream echoed as the sickening sound of a bayonet ripped and tore its way through armor and flesh. There were two distinct languages being yelled out in the battle. Those of the locals and those of Republic soldiers. A series of loud explosions told Durro that someone had trigged the Jedi traps. Not far from their hiding place, a Republic soldier cries out as he fires his sidearm in desperation. His voice echoed in Durro’s mind as that of Vix.

“For the Republic!”

Overhead, the steady sound of repulsors signaled direct fire support from one of those Republic Assault Shuttles. More explosions, more blaster fire, more sounds that echoed in Durro’s mind. The sounds were as if conducted by death himself, all coming together as music. The rhythm of death, the symphony of war. And for Durro, his eyes befell the truth. His shaking hands and a desire to rejoin the battle as his own voice filled his memories, “For the Republic!”
__

A nearby groan of pain snapped Durro back to the moment. Atril groaned again in pain as she tried to keep her voice down. The bandage over her wounded leg soaked once more in blood. She had done her best to keep quiet as the Republic patrol moved closer, but the pain of her leg caught her by surprise.

Though, the sounds of the battle beyond their little hideaway appears to have drowned out her groan of pain.

“Sorry,” she whispered. She smiled as she reached up and whipped the sweat from his face, “can I ask you something,” she said softly.
Durro Thel-Tanis — 03/22/2021
"Of course." Durro whispers back.
"We'll need to redress your injury before we set out in the morning."
TheTraveler — 03/22/2021
She nodded as she ripped two long sections of her Jedi Tunic, "this might help," she said offering him the two strips.

She fell silent for a moment before speaking again, "When I first heard of you and of your origins, I couldn't help but wonder about your parents." She looked down in sadness, "my parents only saw me as the means to raise their own social status. When I betrayed their visions of who I was supposed to be, they" she frowned. "Well lets just say they were pretty hateful."

"Can you tell me how your parents were. I mean, they couldn't have been as cruel as mine here."
Durro Thel-Tanis — 03/22/2021
Durro adds the bandages to her wound as best he can in the cramped conditions.
"I'm afraid I never knew my parents. Our, parents. The Jedi of my universe forbade attachments and having families. They said it was to keep us impartial, that attachments and fear of loss would lead to the Dark Side. However, my last master told me, quite cynically in fact, that the real reason was to avoid the formation of powerful Force Dynasties. To keep the power of the Force spread among the populace."
"If I had a sister, if my parents were still alive, I never knew. I was forbidden to know. The Jedi were my family, and the Jedi Temple my home."
(@TheTraveler)
TheTraveler — 03/23/2021
Atril's frown held, "that sounds cruel." She said as she shivered slightly. "I mean, when it was good my family had been my rock."

She fell silent as Durro worked on the wound. Up and down her leg, deep blue and brown spots were starting to grow.

"I guess I can see the reasoning from an attachment point of view," she said softly. "Olavan, the members still know who their families are. And in fact, maintaining relationships are not frowned upon."

She shifted her weight as a shiver of pain ran up her leg. "Though, we are taught of the dangers of allowing attachments and emotions to rule over our decisions."

In the distance a massive explosion and the ground shook. Durro's experience told him something had crashed and crashed hard. The moment rose questions on rather it was a fighter or something slightly larger.

"The battle appears to shifting for one side," she said softly.
TheTraveler — 03/23/2021
@Durro Thel-Tanis
Durro Thel-Tanis — 03/25/2021
(I somehow was never alerted of this. Glad I checked.)
Durro returns to tending the wound.
"Perhaps. Though I wonder, does war ever have a winner?"
TheTraveler — 03/25/2021
She shook her head, "The Dark Side. Master Palpatine once said that the Light has lost the first moment anger and hate turns to suffering."

She look at her new bandage, "when we get out of here, you will be as good as a Medical Droid in applying bandages," she joked.

From even her fresh bandages, there was the strong odor.
TheTraveler — 03/25/2021
@Durro Thel-Tanis
Durro smiles slightly, though still looks a little annoyed.
"I'm doing what I've been taught to do by the Jedi and GAR; let the medical professionals remove the impaling object. I'm likely to make things worse."
He listens for a few moments to the battle outside.
"My hope is that the battle clears up enough that we can get to the city tomorrow. Get that leg taken care of."
He looks her over quickly.
"We need to find a way to make you look less like a Jedi. The inhabitants of the Holy City are no friends of the Republic or the Jedi."
TheTraveler — 03/25/2021
she reached over and rested a hand on his "I didn't mean," she said softly. There was a manner to her tone. The kind of kindness and reassuring that only a big sister could offer.

"You are doing fine," she said softly.

She calmed her mind and reached out to the force. Durro could sense her movement through the force. "There are a great number of people still around," she said softly. "Judging by the manner of their speech, they are locals."
Durro looks down at his own non-Jedi uniform; the one Shmi had given him for their ill-fated rescue mission.
"What do you think the chances are of this uniform being recognized?"
He pauses a moment and continues.
"If we can make us both look nondescript, we can likely surrender ourselves to the locals. They can take us to the city and to the help you need."
TheTraveler — 03/25/2021
She drew in a deep breath as her voice became slightly labored. "That is a uniform of a palace servant. While they are uncommon to be in these parts. They could be here to serve a person working for the Palace."

She looked at her own garbe, "I don't think we have the time to change my appearance."

There were a few sporadic gun fire in the night, a signal of the end of the fighting.
"Well then; I suppose we trust the Force and get you to the Holy City."
Durro glances upward, as though he can see the surface.
"The real question is, do we go now or stay here until morning? Is there anything to be gained by waiting?"
TheTraveler — 03/25/2021
She reached out through the Force and frowned, "I don't know."

She drew in a deep breath and slowly let it out. "I fear I won't be able to help you," she labored.
"Well then, only one thing to do. We go, while we know there are people who can potentially help us."