The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dinnertime Fireworks 5/30/21
10-24-2021, 01:31 PM,
Dinnertime Fireworks 5/30/21
Dinner with the Lioness
Capital City of Austerity,
Delphin, Baklid VI

Lady Loran laughter filled the dining room. “Oh I have my own part in this story is simply wonderful,” she explained. “I was about to leave this shit hole of a world when one of my informants suggested that I meet with Mr. Pul Jang,” she explain. The large native gritted his teeth as she continued, “so I invited him to the SunCrest in orbit,” she laughed deeply, “would you image he had never been in orbit of his own world!” Her deep laughter filled the room. “So Mr. Pil Vang asked me for help in resolving the conflict caused by the sudden disappearance of his daughter."

She leaned forward over her half eaten Ewok Ribs, “I wasn’t going to get invested in the matter till one of my must trusted advisors said this world has a unique value that if tapped could bring SunCo a return of a hundred fold on the resources expended. So I chose to help our savage allies. The SunCrest’a orbital weapons made short work of the village he was having issues with and our walkers drove the survivors in to the mountains.”

She leaned forward as if dismissing both men at the table, “I will never understand the Jedi or Republic's concept of limited warfare. If you have a area that is a problem you simply remove that problem in such a way that no one wishes to follow in their foot steps.”

Leaning back in her chair and not looking to her native companion who was still eating, “your services are no longer required. You may leave,” she commanded with a wave of her hand.

He slowly pulled the bite from his mouth that he was about to eat, “me,” he said in utter confusion and shock.
Finally she did turn her head towards him. “Of course you,” she snapped then grinned as she added, “don’t worry I will have the kitchen staff make you a doggie bag.”

Without further comment he tossed his cloth napkin to the table and rose to his feet. Her eyes shifted back to Ava as she continued, “and don’t worry our associates will be in contact with you Chief. After all, we so love our savage partners.” Her grin told Ava all too clearly the enjoyment she was having at this grown man’s expense.

She waved a dismissing hand towards Durro, “your boy toy can remain.” Her eyes checked to make sure the older Chieftain had left, “there is only so much nasty, savage odor I can handle.” She motioned a servant over, “take this, I had lost my appetite. Oh and tell the kitchen staff to prepare a doggie bag for our honored guest on his departure.”

“yes ma'am,” the servant said calmly as she took Lady Loran's plate.

She leaned forward on to her elbows, "we have bigger plans to discuss and you need to meet someone."
TheTraveler — 05/30/2021
@Durro Thel-Tanis
@Governor Ava Forma
Governor Ava Forma — 05/30/2021
Ava listened and watched as she sent the chief off. As looked at her food for an moment " I actually lost mine as well " seemed like a good opportunity to save herself from trying the Ewok. Ever since the dog leg accident she been strictly only eating food she was custom with. Favoring Nova's cooking as well over all. She would just have something once on the Jupiter 1. As she surrender the plate over. Thinking was such a cruel thing to do with an Ewok. As she lean back in her chair. " So exactly what kinda profit are you getting out of this world? How does the References of the cost bring the world under such control? " looking curious at Lady Loran.
Durro Thel-Tanis — 05/30/2021
Durro simply continues to consume his meal, listening intently. He can tell when his opinion is not only unwanted, but unvalued as well. Additions from him would only irritate Lady Loran, and as entertaining as that could be, he can feel it is unwise at this moment. Unwise until he knows the infant prince is secured.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/30/2021
Lady Loran smiled as she leaned back in her chair. The lighting of the space shifted slightly (roll spot DC 15 to notice, Durro Roll Wisdom AKA Sense DC 15), as she looked around, "As I have said, there is someone I want you to meet." She motioned to the door and it was opened by the guards in the room. A well dressed woman with long legs, and pale white skin walked in. She carried a data pad under her arm. "Lady Forma, allow me to introduce you to one of my very best operatives. She was one of my first truly solo acquisitions. I picked her up from a slaver deep in Hutt space, and what a gem I had found."
She motioned for the woman to sit down, "Please join us," she said softly. Lady Loran didn't need to say anything as a pair of servants brought the new arrival a plate filled with Ewok Ribs, and all the helpings. A second servant placed a wine glass and filled it for the woman. "Please show Lady Forma what you showed me," Lady Loran said softly as she took a sip from her own glass.

"Yes Ma'am," the woman spoke in a soft voice as she moved the data pad for Ava to see. She brought up two images. One of the Chieftain Ava had just met, and a second image of Reine.

"Tell me Lady Forma, what do you see," she spoke softly but with purpose. Her tone took on a much more serious and business like tone. "You need not look too closely," she added.
(OOC: Reine's father

The image of both father and Reine are taken in Phan Thiet. They were not taken at the same time. There appears to be some time differences between the two images.

These are clearly surveillance pictures taken at a distance)

( OOC: @rythmicjea  I will let Reine post a image of her own character if she chooses. If not you can check her bio)
@Durro Thel-Tanis
@Governor Ava Forma
(OOC: Durro's sense roll sucked.)
(I will post after @Governor Ava Forma's response.)
rythmicjea — 05/30/2021

When the lighting of the space shifted slightly Ava noticed the shadows move independently of the light. Which made her think back to the resort how Tesara mentioned feeling the presence of the shadows that were there. Recalling the discussion. She wasn't sure how many where in the room she had only noticed two to three of the shadows moving. It definitely was something to tip Tesara to be careful about. As she picked up went to pick up her napkin and fumble with it a little giving a tisk noise when she accidentally dropped it onto the floor. Than lean downwards to get it messing with her bracelet like something got onto it as she sent a message to Tesara saying a single word ' shadows.' As she moved and sat up right wiping her hands and giving the servant the napkin. " I clearly won't be needing this either anymore. "

As her attention to drew to the door where Lady Loran was motioning. She perk up interested  as she watched  this well dress woman walked into the room. Listening to Lady Loran introduced the woman as one of her very best operatives. Hearing where she had been founded " oh its a pleasure to meet you..... what is her name? I don't want to be rude if she's one of your best operatives. "

Watching as the woman joined them at the table. Listening as she lean slightly forward taking in the photo's. Showing no emotions or reaction towards the photo of Reine.  Like a good imperial solder she had to keep her cards very close and keeping Reine safe and close to her now became very important.

" I see the chieftain and some woman....which I can only assume is this missing dead girl?"

( occ: took ten on entertainment with the napkin and slightly of hand to send a message. Used charisma to conseal her emotions. Roll for charisma is on roll 20)
TheTraveler — 05/30/2021
She laughed dismissively, "oh Lady Forma, look at the two images. What do you see," once more she motioned to the two images.
Ava noticed the difference of time stamps " they were taken at two different times clearly not at the same time. There's also some  differences between the two. " as she looked at these images.
TheTraveler — 05/30/2021
She nodded silently for a moment. "Two items I too spotted and to be truthful, I didn't notice much else about them. I mean why would I," she laughed.

She smiled, "which is why I have my little song bird here in matters like this."

She motioned to Reine's image, "I know the image doesn't show here but this girl has blonde hair and fair skin. A stark difference from her father and the rest of her family."

She leaned back, "now, my little song bird has told me much about this girl. And even then there are mysteries."
Ava could see this picture of Reine was taken a few months ago. Reine looked happy in the photo but looked deeply in thought by the look in her eyes. As she kept silent about her observation of the photo. As she " Oh but what is your interest in this girl? She's dead is she not?"
TheTraveler — 05/30/2021
Lady Loren motioned to the white skinned woman next to her, "do sing my little song bird, sing us a story of this strange little girl, a strange little girl lost in a place she doesn't belong."

The woman nodded, her fiery brown hair net and orderly over her shoulder, "yes Ma'am."

She shifted her attention to Ava. As she spoke, her words are even, calm, and almost detached from the subject matter. "Her name is, Khôn Ngoan Phu Cuong, though my team has learned that she is often called Reine within her own household. She was born in Rotterdam, which we learned was a lie. According to official records, her mother was killed in an accident. We found this to be untrue as well. Nor can we confirm that this woman is in fact her mother. And up till much later, we can't confirm she had ever been to Rotterdam. According to records, she came to Phan Thiet around the age of five. We suspect that this too is a lie."

"My team discovered a woman who claims to had been a wet nurse for the young girl during her breast feeding years. We have no reason to suspect this to be a lie. For much of her life, she was home schooled with little to no contact with those outside the walls of her family home. When she was an adolescent, she was sent to Rotterdam for schooling."

"We learned that her father had arranged a marriage contract for her with a particularly hostile Clan. This surprised us, so we dug deeper. We learned that her older brother, Thảo Đạt, was the actual driver behind the contract. One of my team discovered that the family patriarch, her father, was taking Gotu kola and Ashwagandha. Both are local remedies for failing memories. Based the particular nature of the Phu Cuong Clan, the patriarch is in serious trouble of being overthrown. Which explains why the marriage contract, and the actions that followed. As we have already informed, the conflict broke out almost immediately with the accusations of kidnapping and betrayal."

(Conn)
TheTraveler — 05/30/2021
She paused a moment to go over her notes. Then with a nod, "from what my team was able to uncover, the Patriarch was nearly killed during the battle. If not for our own medical personal, he would have died." She looked up to Ava with a smile, "this is why we suggested to passionately that Our Lady, Lady Loran speak with the Patriarch. And at her desecration join the battle in his favor."

She returned to her notes, "this action was not surprising to us. After our team had leaked that she had in fact not been kidnapped but instead ran away with a boy, one of his guards, The Patriarch announced that Khôn Ngoan Phu Cuong had violated the laws of the Angel and as punishment shall be dead to her people."

Lady Loran laughed as she leaned over, "Oh tell her how you set this up."

The woman nodded, "yes Ma'am," then turned back to Ava. "We had a team following the caravan from Phan Thiet, we knew that one of the guards had a unhealthy attraction to our little target. The plan was to kidnap the girl and frame the boy. Unfortunately we successfully framed the boy, but Durro Thel-Tanis and his crew beat us to the girl. We had nothing to go on until her Deactivated Chain Code lit up Baklid Security Screens here at the Capital. We tipped off the Jedi that Thel-Tanis is here in the Capital. We are hoping that they will lead our team to the girl."

"Tell her what happened to the boy...oh do tell her," Lady Loran said with a grin and high spirits in her voice.

"We let him off our transport some ten hours over the Midren Ocean," she said coldly then paused for just a second. "At thirty kilometres, over the ocean."

Lady Loran turned her attention back to Ava, "I told you she was my best." She took a long drink of her wine, "so now, one has to ask. Why would a Clan who is so determined to maintain purity take in this girl at the very highest of levels. And why would Thel-Tanis just show up and take her. This girl has value and I know it."

(Conn)
She paused a moment before continuing, "there is so much more to this little shit hole of a world than meets the eye. But more than that, I want this world Lady Forma, and I want this girl. I haven't quite figured out what I will do with them, but I know I want them."

Once more she fell silent before adding, "your thoughts?"

(Fin)

@Durro Thel-Tanis @Governor Ava Forma
Ava sat back straight and pose as she processes everything that just was unravel in front of her. There were some highlights this woman nor Loran knew currently where Reine was. Unfortunately she couldn't exactly send a message to Kaleb asking him to keep an eye on her. She hope the bound Reine created with him would do that and her hopes were this girl would be sticking at his side. Since in her mind at the moment Kaleb was her way off the planet. Knowing how their discussion had ended.

" Interesting... " saying what she usually says. Using a few choose words as always. " I am curious what happened to this girl's brother? Aslo what role am going to be evolved in this as well?  " choosing her wording wisely.
H.M. Junge has actually stopped eating, enamored by the tale. When Lady Loran finished, he adds on to Ava's question;
"Aha! The Jedi will make short work of the nasty terrorist! Tell me, do we yet know who the Jedi will send after Thel-Tanis? I met the most lovely young Jedi at the Resort; she seems familiar with Thel-Tanis. Perhaps she would be the best choice?"
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/30/2021
Lady Loran rolled her eyes at the unwanted opinion from the man at the table, "I don't care who they send after him. Thel-Tanis is not my concern, nor his ally General Graff." There was a measure to her tone that she spoke from a place of a matter of fact. Something she knew that she wasn't telling anyone. "Anyway, much of those last moments at the Resort were nothing more than a blur to me. I hardly can recall the face of the female Jedi who saved my children."

She turned back to Lady Forma, "you need not worry about the Girl, unless you deem it so. You will be over all in command of SunCo's operations here. My little song bird here and her team will get the girl." her eyes narrowed as she grinned, "and they know just the world to take her to make her spill her secrets." She turned to the woman with white skin, next to her, "though there is a question for you my little song bird. Please keep singing,"

She nodded to Lady Loran, "yes Ma'am," she turned back to Ava. "The brother, Thảo Đạt is under close observation. Should he move on the Patriarch, to whom we have allied with, we will kill him. Though, he did make a surprising move. Shortly before the events of the Marriage Contract, he reached out to the local bounty hunters' guild. He requested a contract killer, though never made the meeting. After the events of the Marriage Contract, a unnamed source, we believe to be him, placed a five hundred credit bounty on his step-sisters head among the local gangs of Europa. I doubt any of them are willing to take on Thel-Tanis and his terrorists. So for now she is protected."

Lady Loran smiled as she looked over at Ava, "that is until I get a hold of her."
Durro theatrically nudges Ava on the arm and says, loudly enough for Lady Loran to hear, but quietly enough that it seems like he is trying to be discreet;
"Sweetie, you should ask the nice Lady what kind of benefits come from being in charge of operations here. Do you get to stay here, in the summer palace? Do you get your own swanky speeder? Lavish star-yacht? Do you get your own personal body guard(s)? Medical and Dental?" He nods gravely "These are the important questions to ask any potential employer."
@Governor Ava Forma
Ava knew Lady Loran was going to be dismissed of Durro cause how her view on males were. Which meant she would have to ask for him and he would have to make suggestions. This woman was very sexist, very racist as well how the view on others were.

Ava listened to the position she would be playing in all of Lady Loran's plans. " Oh? What world would you take her to? " interested in what exactly what this plan Loran was thinking. Hearing the faith of the brother unfortunately she wasn't sure if she could change it. As she listened keeping a emotionless look as she learned more.

Feeling a nudged she turned her head and softly touch durros arm fondly knowing he understood it was just a cover. " ah yes thank you my love, I enjoy the fact your always looking after me. " so what kinda benefits do I get from being in charge of operations here. "
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/30/2021
She leaned back and took another long drink of her wine as she watched the pair talking between themselves. She grinned once more, "my little song bird has a nest that she had built up deep in Hutt Space, far away from Jedi and Republic eyes." She gave a soft smile, "I mean after all, no one wants to have any uninvited guests drop by."

She motioned to the woman next to her, "but you shouldn't worry about such things. Trust me, you really don't want to know." She then leaned forward, "I had the sickening pleasure of watching my little song bird at work on my late brother." She frowned and actually showed genuine sadness, "I wished he never tried to depose me. I really did love him."

She took a deep breath followed by another deep drink from her wine, "as for what perks, well I guess we should speak of such things." She laughed, "you will have an annual salary based on the profits that the world produces. Forty percent is more than fair, plus your estate here will be set up for your use." She frowned slightly, "though your man speaks like a commoner with such things like Medical and Dental. You will have access to the medical facility on SunCrest, till she leaves orbit. But I will be sending a replacement to support Operations."

"As for this place," she said softly. "That buffoon of a Prime Minister wanted to demolish this place and build on top of it. I convinced him to sell me the property. I plan to turn it in to public gardens. These people really need a moral boost." She then motioned beyond the wall, "speaking of Moral Boost, one thing you will need to address are those horrible camps. Their an eye-soar, and while I could care less for them, its bad PR that SunCo be linked to such things. You will have to speak to the Prime Minister and urge him to fix it. One way or the other,"
@Durro Thel-Tanis @Governor Ava Forma
"A gardens!? HA! This palace is exquisite; a quaint example of local architecture, but not overwhelmingly native." He draws out the last word with exaggerated disdain. "Perhaps the property would be put to better use as a small hotel and resort! Less costly to set up, and more profitable than gardens!"
Junge takes a long drink from his wine and wipes his mouth.
"I have some experience in the hospitality business; I could run such an operation! Maybe one day, I could even be King!"
He looks down for a moment, as if trying to recall something.
"This planet does have a King, right? I mean, the Queen was just deposed, so if a man were put in charge..."
@Governor Ava Forma
And there it was Ava knew that subject for some reason would surface. As ava listened to Loran wanting the camps to be handled by the prime Minister one way or another. " I'll see what I can do " As she perked up at durros comment." indeed this place would bloom if it was made into a hotel or a place where anyone could come and spend a night and feel treated like a queen. An exclusive treat for those whom pay for it. " she thought for an moment. " i belive it did once had a king before the queen aquired it. It would be interesting to have a ruler over the planet but I belive the power shifted when the prime Minister took charge. Any man presented as a king now may be seen as a figure head only or would they have some power as well I wonder? " looking at Lady Loran for her input as she acted like she was entertaining the idea.
Durro Thel-Tanis — 05/31/2021
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/31/2021
She nodded, "you have a good eye for making profits Lady Forma, but you are still young. There is much to learn."

She looked around the fancy dining room, "this place could make credits like that. But this place is filled with History."

She looked back to Ava, "when Lord Hoth returned to Coruscant and claimed control of the Jedi from the corrupt council which led the Order to near destruction. He dismantled the spiral where the council once led from. He gave the stones of that spiral to his most devoted followers."

She motioned towards the Tower seen through a large north facing window. "The corner stones used to build that tower are from that Spiral."

She leaned forward and rested her elbows on the table, "you see by opening up this place to the masses, SunCo continues its reputation of being a corporation for the people. Unlike our rivals here on Baklid, especially Argos Corp."

Her grin grew, "after their disastrous operations on Lanus came to light, their public image never quite recovered." Her narrowed eyes and grin spoke volumes of where her lips failed to venture.

"You see Lady Forma, our Reputation is worth billions of credits annually," she explained. "So when we support giving a rare place like this back to the people." Leaning back as she picked up her glass and held it before her, she continued, "or when we resist the urge to place a big dumb male as Baklid’s King, in favor of a group of leaders elected by the people, even though we control them behind the scenes. By doing these things, we show our faithful consumers we truly care for them, their culture and their future. And in return they support us by giving us their credits."

"Do you understand," she said just before taking a drink from her glass.
@Governor Ava Forma
@Durro Thel-Tanis
Governor Ava Forma — 05/31/2021
Ava listed carefully to the statements coming from Lady Loran. Some of it made sense and others gave critical insight to this cunning and dangerous woman. Thinking  to herself why can't a strong central figure or power control the government.

The Emperor had done just that. He brought peace, order and prosperity to a galaxy reeling from wars, decades of corruption and governmental abuse. And mind you, the Jedi had failed to correct the problem. Instead, they were a big part of it. And when they saw the change coming, they did the unthinkable. Ava shuttered at the thought.

And after all, as long as the people are happy and order has been restored,  who cares if profits are made. As the Empire proved, a strong economy can bring people personal wealth, prosperity and a raised standard of living. She smiled at the idea of a prosperous Baklid and a people at peace.

But that raised a critical question. One that had to be answered to her satisfaction if she was to work for this woman.

"Lady Loran, I have to ask. I want to know why SunCo wants to become involved in this war and what are your personal views on the war and how the Prime Minister has changed it," Ava spoke with a soft tone as she watched the woman across from her.
TheTraveler — 05/31/2021
She frowned as she set the glass down. A noticeable change in her tone, "I guess I should tell you how it all started and that will help you understand why we are here."

"Four decades ago, my grand father gave me controlling interest in SunCo. What he gave me though, was after decades of mismanagement and theft at all levels. SunCo was in near ruins. And what followed was a series of power struggles between me, my father and my uncles," she explained.

"When I finally won the last of these corporate battles, I needed to remake my Corporation in a new image. That meant cleaning up messes that had been created by my family. Baklid was just one of them, but one that proved to be more serious than others."

"SunCo was woven deep in the Civil War, and the crisis of Lanus had just hit Argos and I was determined to ensure SunCo wouldn't face the same PR nightmare."

She motioned to the brown haired woman next to her, "so I sent my little Song Bird here to give me an assessment of how bad this situation really was. The report I received was as bad as I had feared."

"A vengeful King and a murderous Crowned Prince, coupled with incompetent military commanders made the Civil War a disaster of galactic proportions. We had no choice but make some minor course corrections in the political and military make up," she explained softly.

"A new leader was brought in. One who would listen to reason and understand the importance of being subtle." She laughed, "I really didn't care for either side of the conflict. Let them kill each other if the wanted to. But because of stupid decisions, SunCo's fate was woven with this war."
_
She frowned, "bringing the Jedi in with their Republic allies was a divine gift. Queen Lenora was willing to listen and the Jedi, for all their faults loved to play peace maker. It was the solution we all needed for this shit hole."

Her face darkened, "then the bombing happened. War Hawks in the Government from here all the way to Coruscant beat their damn drums. I spent so much of my own political capital to keep the war from exploding in my own face. But it was if, nothing I could do would stop these animals from killing each other."

"My last hope was with the charity event at Richie. But these animals couldn't simply behave."

"My Queen arrested, my plans in ruins and my patience gone." Her anger rose in her voice, "if they are so determined to murder each other, so be it!"

She leaned back and took a fresh drink from her wine. After calming her self, she continued, "my trusted little song bird here convinced me to not give up on this shit hole."

"Still, the Prime Minister is a fool who believes that fear wins the day. His allies in Argos Corp fuels these false beliefs. Fear destroys consumer confidence, and so destroys profits."

She frowned, "do you know a chop shop by the name of Tirrinia on Lanus?" She waved a hand, "neither did I until just a few days ago. The owner and lead there is a Quinton Somin, a former Intel Officer for Argos."

She smiled, "so how does this have anything to do with profits, Civil wars and Baklid?" She laughed, "Durro Thel-Tanis."

"He was at the Resort, he was at the bombing, he helped remove my Queen, and it looks like he is in bed with Argos."

She frowned again, "if Argos wants to make this personal by targeting my children, by attacking my interests, than let this be war."

"Argos wants Baklid, so then I will take it from them," she said plainly.
Ava listened and shook her head she was unfamiliar with the name of the chop shop. Hearing her thoughts about thinking durro worked with Argos. She wondered if she looped the natives she calls animals as well. Since she blame argos for targeting her children.

" interesting move, I would do the same thing if it was me. " thinking deeply  "though I do have a question if you supported the queen, why can't you simply move her back in place. Have her slipped in the place of the prime Minister? " giving a curious look. " am sure you could  smooth over everything that was said about her trail. Mistakens happened all the time you could spin it to say she was framed as well. "
TheTraveler — 05/31/2021
She nodded, "I tried, Serrano is ruled by Religious Zealots." Her face crossed with a frown. "Never, Lady Forma, trust a person who places faith in superstition over real tangible things like profits."

Shaking her head, "Queen Lenora wasn't much better but she had strings that could be pulled and she was a sensible woman. As I said, she would listen to reason."

"The ruling family of Serrano has an axe to grind with her over a missing Lightsaber," she scuffed, "of all the ridiculous things."

She leaned back, "I don't trust force users nor those who worship them. Lord Hoff didn't give me divine guidance to save my Corporation. Nor did he strike down my enemies or lift up my allies. I did all these things on my own, despite everything against me."

She crossed her arms, "it is the reason why Lady Graff isn't with me any longer. She was a Force User, I suppose was one. She lied about it, lied to me."

She shook her again, "to think I had actually considered her for the very post I am offering to you now."

She finally took another sip of her glass, "no, Queen Lenora is no longer a resource I can call upon."

"But I am sure those Zealots at Argos are just tickled by this change in events, considered how fast they moved to have removed from power." She took another drink of her wine, "if you ask me, I wouldn't be surprised if they framed her for the missing Lightsaber."
Ava listened and nodded her head understanding. As well learning more about what happened to Lady Graff. It was a warning atleast thats how she saw it as. So far she's been doing her best at being honest towards Lady Loran. " hmmm yes I could see that " as she took a sip of her own wine.

As she deeply thought her position over she would have to show Lady Loran can trust her more by doing this missing with the prime minister. Definitely would have to be more careful from here on out. As she weaved her way closer so she could take down people like Loran.  Knowing how she would make her frist move.

Than tapped durros arm before moving her hand pulling away from him. " my boy toy here doesn't speak for me. Regardless of what the perks are, I make my own decisions," Ava said more for Durro sake than Lady Loran. Ava  needed him to trust her judgment here out, and she needed him to know that.
TheTraveler — 05/31/2021
Lady Loran smiled and gave a nod, "I am glad to hear that you are not bound by the limitations that men try to force upon us." She took a drink of her wine, "this pleases me greatly."

"My Lady," Loran's song bird softly interjected. A small thin antenna rising from the front left side of her skull. Her hand softly moved her hair away to allow it to fully extend about three to four inches from the skull. "The Jedi has found Thel-Tanis," she spoke then paused. "It would appear that Baklid Secret Police is with them."

"Argos," Lady Loran scowled. "Go, join your team," she commanded.

The woman rose from her chair as the antenna retracted, "yes my Lady."

"If the dogs of Argos get in the way of our prize," she said harshly then changed her tone slightly, "don't let them."

The woman nodded, "and the Jedi."

"If Thel-Tanis is there, render what aid we can in bringing this menace to justice. But only if Thel-Tanis is there. Do not expose your team other wise," Lady Loran ordered.

She nodded, "and your prize, My Lady."

"As long as your team can remain hidden from the Jedi, claim it. If not, there will be other times."

"Yes, My Lady," the woman said and walked from the room.

Lady Loran turned to Ava, "you must stay the night," her mood surprisingly upbeat and pleasant. "I have such a treat to show you. One that the Delphinium Family has been keeping to themselves all this time."
" I have a few errands to run but I shall be delighted to return and stay the night once I completed my errands Lady Loran. I wouldn't want to miss this for anything. " curious about where they found Thel-Tanis. Seeing how durro was sitting right beside her. " Just out of curiosity where have you located Thel-Tanis? " looking curious at Lady Loran.
TheTraveler — 05/31/2021
Lady Loran waved her hand dismissively, "you have servants for such matters. Send them in your place," her words were heavy with intent.

"At the same time, have them gather your things at what ever rat infested place this world calls Five Star," she said with spite. Then added, "I can't have a senior officer of SunCo staying in such squalor."

She smiled once more, "anyway, what errands could you possibly have at this late hour in the day."

Leaning back, "I don't know," she shrugged. "You know as much as I do." She took a sip of her wine. "I am sure they found the man under some slime infested rock."
Ava could move and commanded where she was. It would look odd if she tried to come up with something. She shook her head and gave a laugh. " your right. its nothing that important, and nothing that my servants and this man can't handle. " assuring she took out her comlink. Using it to call Tesara waiting for her to answer.

@Tesara Anerin
TheTraveler — 06/01/2021
@Governor Ava Forma
@Durro Thel-Tanis

Lady Loran smiled as Ava put her comlink away. "Good, Lady Forma," her tone shifting back to that of formality. "Now, let me show you why we are really here."

She motioned for the younger noble to follow, "your boy toy can follow. But make sure he understands, that this is just for the ladies."

She led Ava from the dinning room and out in to the night cover garden. In the distance, lights of red, blue and white fill the horizon. "I wonder if they finally cornered the monster Thel-Tanis," she wondered aloud.
Governor Ava Forma — 06/01/2021
Ava rose and lean down whispering silently and softly into his ear. " i need you to do me a favor and keep silent from here on out. However if you need to tell me something, just whisper it into my ear please. " being polite.  She hated the way Lady Loran viewed men. She wondered if somewhere in Loran's past if something had happened.

As she pulled away from durro and looked at Lady Loran " he understands clearly. " as she offer her arm to durro to take once he taken her arm. She started to follow Lady Loran out into the cover garden. " I do wonder as well, it would be nice to be able to rest peaceful knowing that monster is dealt with once and for all. No longer hearing the name Thel-Tanis mutter though out the planet. "
TheTraveler — 06/01/2021
Lady Loran nodded, "Thel-Tanis, himself, isn't the problem. He is nothing more than the most recent symptom of a much larger problem."

She paused and pointed to a flight of Jedi Assault Shuttles and transports swooping in to join the capture. Lady Loran just shook her head.

"That is the problem," she said pointing. Her voice took a sarcastic tone, "there they go, to the rescue. Because us mere mortals can't possibly protect ourselves from the big dark monsters."

She turned to Ava, "so Durro Thel-Tanis was at Richie," she mockingly declared. "Do you know why I haven't leveled my entire resources to bringing him to an end?"
@Governor Ava Forma
@Durro Thel-Tanis
Ava listened and nodded her head understanding. As she watched flight of Jedi shuttles and transports. Seeing the area they were heading too there was a heavy weight on her chest. She hoped Kaleb and Reine got out of there. Wondering if Tesara understood the message. She couldn't help feel maybe she should been more detailed like tipping her off about the news Loran had told her. ' it was clear.... ' feeling slightly conflicted in her feelings. Hoping no harm came to Reine but also hoped that girl self centered bubble would pop and come onto reality at the same time.

" I believe that is where I was staying at temporarily. " as she took an moment to think about Lady Lorans question and shook her head " no i don't, why haven't you? "
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/01/2021
Lady Loran glanced over at her, "well its a good thing I have decided to keep you here," she said with a laugh.

"And as for Thel-Tanis, I didn't pursue him because not all actions are worthy of my full effort." She motioned to the growing light show, "something they will never understand."

She glanced over, "not too long ago, SunCo, like all good Corporations were in league with the Jedi. What a waste of resources and public relation currency."

She gave a slight laugh, "it was one of the first things I changed once I took over."

She motioned her to follow, "and I will show you why," she added.
Ava listened to Loran as she spoken seeing the light show going on in the distance. " definitely looks like they are doing more harm than good. Though I unable to see fully see whats going on but it looks a tad to much just to capture one person if you ask me. I could done it with one person without causing such a scene. " as she followed along. Wanting to see what Lady Loran wanted to show her.
TheTraveler — 06/01/2021
Lady Loran nodded, "and this is the failure of the Jedi. More harm than good."

She walked on, "growing up, I mentored under a brilliant Muun named Hego Damask." She laughed with a sense of irony, "my father felt it would better tame me if I were to be taken down a step or two."

"Even by my late teen years, my thirst for power and wealth had driven me in to rivalries with my own family."

"My mentor, Magister Damask, taught me to hone these thirsts and focus them," she explained. She glanced over, "I don't think enough young people have access to what they need to truly excel."

She face twisted in anger. "Then again, there are my own sons. I love them to death, but they lack that instinct to go for the death blow nor are they willing to bid their time and way for that moment."

She shook her head again, "they will be terrible when it comes to them taking over when I leave my post."
Ava listened to Lady Loran as she told her about her history. Seemed her father was apart of the reason if he pushed her back into her place. " ah yes, I agree this is why I don't desire any of mine own. I don't want to be disappointed when it comes time for them to measure up. " she honestly had no interest in having children.
TheTraveler — 06/01/2021
She laughed, "oh it would appear that new wine is a bit stronger than I expected."

"Come," she took Ava by the hand. "When I found out that that fool was going to break this land up and auction it to the highest bidder. I promised SunCo's support in return for the entire property," she explained.

Leaning in closer, "and I got one heck of a bargin." She laughed. She paused and turned to Ava. "Watch this," she said with a wink and a grin.

"I desire more wine," she spoke just loud enough to be over normal speaking tones. "Now count to twenty," she encouraged.
Ava raised a brow curiositly and started to count to twenty. " one,  two, three.... " looking around careful expecting a servant or someone to come dashing in counting away. " eight, nine, ten. " wondering how exactly Loran was going get her wine. As she looked around very carefully where they were as she continued to count. . " fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen...nineteen....twenty. " as she finished counting. She had heard huffing and puffing and spotted a servant running with a tray. Doing thire ernest to make sure that glass of wine remained on the tray. Composing themselves as the servant reached Lady Loran when she had reached to twenty.
TheTraveler — 06/01/2021
Lady Loran smiled broadly as she took the glass, "I am in a great mood, so I will pardon your tardiness." The servant didn't say anything, he only bowed with respect. She took a sip of the wine, "Its from this wonderful little world in the MidRim," she said waving the glass before her and Ava. She turned to the Servant, "Go back and fetch two more bottles, and be ready for them. She turned back to Ava with a mischievous smile, "We are going to the Founder's Crypt."

The man bowed again and rushed off with his tray. "Oh Lady Forma, dare we woman of power to ever let our hair down to laugh, sing in the night and fill our glasses with wine from across the Galaxy." She rose her glass to the light show in the distance,  "Venture onward ye brave Jedi and lay the beast!" she yelled up to the sky.

She turned in shock and horror, "Oh let the Force forgive my state!" she said bringing her fingers to her lips. "Would you care for a glass," she asked. She giggled, "I almost forgot. My Father used to demand it of me," she curtsy slightly. "Oh he loved watching his little girls run around in our dress curtsying to this noble or that noble. All the while," she moved her glass widely, "the boys were learning business and corporate tactics." She grinned, "but I would hide in the back and take my notes. Then, when the time was right, I blackmailed my father in to letting me attend a proper business school and later the mentor I told you about."

She walked over to Ava and rested her arm over Ava's shoulder, "would you care for more wine," she said trying to hold back the laughter in her voice.
" no am quite fine Lady Loran, perhaps I may have a glass later. You know you know my first name yet I have failed to learned yours. Perhaps in time once I can show you I am a worthy friend to have. " she softly spoke. As she let Loran rested her arm against her. A long time ago was a Moff, I followed in his path and was treated.... well I suppose. Very one was watching me to see if I would rise or fail since I was in my fathers shadow for the longest time. Than I finally found my way out from that shadow and made my family proud. " she softly spoke
TheTraveler — 06/01/2021
She smiled as she led Ava down the dark path towards the tall tower at the center of the vast garden, "my first name is Mon," she said with a sad tone in her voice. "Nothing fancy, nothing special, just Mon...." She laughed, "it almost sounds like a day of the week." She let go and moved to the side, "Greetings," she said curtsying once more, "I am Lady Day of the Week Loran!" she laughed loudly.

She moved closer once more and held up her glass with an out screeched finger, "I hate it. When I came in to my own, I demanded to be called Lady Loran. Its more dignified, more elegant."

She frowned, "you should never let anyone cast you in to their shadows. Be bold, be proud, and be yourself," she said the last part as she squared her shoulders.
" Mon sounds like an interesting name. " than recalled something at the dinner table at the resort. " though at the resort I recall you being called by Lady Sia Loran. Is that you change it to Sai? Cause sounded like the lady of the week and hated it so much? " as give a curious look.

" oh trust me lady Loran, I am in no ones shadows anymore. " she raise her head proudly
TheTraveler — 06/01/2021
She smiled, "I had my official name changed in the Republic DataBase to Sai. And it does sound so much better than Mon....." she trailed off as they approached the base of the tower. Six guards stand ever present near the door. As she walked up to the door, "good, cause what I am about to show you is not for those too weak to escape someone else's shadow."

She motioned the guards a side, "this is truly the greatest treasure of this palace, and that fool let it slip through his fingers," she mocked as she walked through the golden doors that were opened for her.

Before them frozen in some kind of pod, a large bearded man in Jedi Robes laid. His eyes closed and his hands cross his chest. The wall decorated with images and artifacts of his life.

"Lady Forma, I would like to introduce you to, Lord Baklid," she said taking a drink from her wine glass. "One of the Founding Fathers," she sneered, "of the modern Jedi Order." Her tone filled with disdain.

At his feet, two black obelisk stood, with the word Duty inscribed in white on one and Sacrifice inscribed on the other. At his left mid body, another obelisk with Compassion and across from it, one that had Honor. At the head, stood a white obelisk with the word Justice in gold.
Durro Thel-Tanis — 06/01/2021
Durro lets out a (not very) exaggerated soft whistle of admiration. With a glance from Lady Loran to Ava, he says nothing; simply studies the room for anything he might recognize and subtlety reaches out with the Force, to see if there is anything for a Jedi (and a Jedi alone) to find.
(OOC: Do I need to roll for anything?)
@TheTraveler
@Governor Ava Forma
Ava looked at the frozen large bearded man in Jedi Rodes. As she studied the man closely. Trying to see if she could place him in one of her fathers stories he told her. She looked in awe at it and looked down studying the obelisk and thire words. " its beautiful, a priceless gem indeed. "  hearing the whistle from durro next to her. Hoping Loran was still in her cherry mood to let it slide.
TheTraveler — 06/01/2021
Reaching out to the force, Durro can feel the age of these artifacts. All of them dating back nearly a thousand years. Personal Holocrons, Jedi Battlearmor that still held the marks of many patches. War trophies line the north wall. As well as images from the many battles this Jedi General had led.

Most striking is the Lightsaber staff in the Pod with the Jedi General's body. Tucked neatly beside the man who once carried it.

The space between the Obelisk and the pod allowed for ease of movement around the pod and between the obelisks.
( @Durro Thel-Tanis  No roll needed, I gave you the results as listed above. If you need more details on a single item just ask)
Durro studies any glyphs, writing, or carvings on both the pod and each of the obelisks in turn. To Loran, he should appear a gawking tourist, perhaps a slack-jawed Jedi fanboy. He is looking for anything put here for the Jedi, intended to be missed by commoners and tourists.
TheTraveler — 06/01/2021
Lady Loran walked around the pod as her fingers glided over the pod. Strangely enough, she never once touched the pod. In her state, she makes no effort to hide her intention not to touch the pod. "Oh it is a rare gem indeed and one that proves that the Jedi nor their founding fathers are gods," she said with anger in her voice. "All that time," she mumbled.

Then turned back to Ava, "I will allow everyone to walk through this room and gaze upon the man in the bottle. Let them see him as he was. Old, frail and broken!"

For Durro, the Obelisk do contain glyphs seen only through the force. Written in a language that Durro had never seen before, though it did bring back feelings. Each of the Obelisk contained this writing on the back side, facing away from the pod.

She walked over to the artifacts on a nearby shelf, "I want the entire galaxy to see the Jedi for who they are."
Durro does his best, using his Force-enhanced senses, to commit the obelisks and their glyphs to memory. Perhaps he can find the answer another time. He continues to play the part of Ava's "boy toy" for Lady Loran's benefit. He returns to her side and takes her arm, saying nothing.
Governor Ava Forma — 06/02/2021
Ava noticed how Lady was refraining from touching the pod. As she studied it as she listened " yes, when I was a child. I saw what a few jedi can do to. When my father was becoming Moff, I meant with a planety leader at the time. An kind elder man. These few jedi failed the light and had attempted to attack him to overthrow him. His face showed the markings of thire attempted." as her gaze fall onto the artifacts on a nearby shelf as a hint of anger was in her voice. " it show me that not all jedi could be trusted once they fallen from the light they are clouded from making a sense of good judgment. "
TheTraveler — 06/02/2021
Lady Loran nodded, but before she could speak her comlink went off.

She pulled it from her pocket, and to her pleasant surprise, her little Song Bird was displayed.

"My Lovely little Song Bird, what song will you sing for me," she said cheerfully. "One of success and victory," I hope."

The woman nodded, "My Lady, we were successful. We have your prize. We are securing her in carbonite, and will be off world in about an hour."

Lady Loran laughed, "how glorious!"

"Without further delay, we will report once the interrogation has begun."

Lady Loran turned to face Ava, "see that is what loyalty gets you. People who work for you that makes the impossible, possible."
Governor Ava Forma — 06/02/2021
As Ava heard the sound of Lady Loran's comlink seeing her song bird on the display. Listening to Lady Loran's question. Hearing songs bird answer. ' her ' And there it was the moment of clarity. Oh what a clever monster Loran was. As she looked up at the sky feeling her emotions flowing. Fear that this her was Reine after all with the dinner conversation and the photo. Lady Loran had made it clear she wanted this woman over dinner.

Ava looked back on Reine's movements how far back did she started. Thinking how long had Loran's people kept to the shadows watching Reine. The more she thought about it the more her heart ache. She never meant for Reine to get captured. This wasn't what she wanted. Remembering the secert police at the mall and the scene Reine and her had cause in the taxi.

Ava felt a heavy regret for those fights and disagreements they had. She should had just shallow her pride and apologize. Maybe if she had Reine would be with Tesara and nova in disguise.
Ofcourse ofcourse her first mistake was she didn't think anyone would actually be looking for a dead girl.

Since her chain code had been deactivated. Usually when someone is dead it was to disowned them or her people had thought she actually died. The way the father has spoke though about it, definitely disowned. She hadnt learned that Loran was hunting this girl til she got her. ' definitely should had sent a clearer message ' knowing that was her fault she had to own.

A smile came to her face as she look back down from the sky. Admiral Thornton would been so proud of Loran's plan. She would make the perfect imperial.

If this ' her ' was indeed Reine it meant two things one she was caught in a lie. Second that she must act to keep Reine on the planet. She couldn't lose her to hutt space. She had to delay it.

" you know if i  was you, I think you shall keep your prize around for a little so you can Bask in your victory, be praise in your glory. " she suggested to Loran. " I would one would love to see this prize, if your willing to show me that is? " giving a hopeful request. With holding her emotions of guilt she knew she should had been more clear in her message. That or had personality went and relocated Reine.

It wasn't to late to fix this though she had to save Reine from leaving the planet. She cared for this girl more than Lady Loran did.
TheTraveler — 06/02/2021
Lady Loran paused a moment with her mouth half open. Her mind a blur from the wine she had consumed already.  It was clear by the smile, that she liked the idea. "It was a pretty clever victory, wasn't," she said with a hint of pride in her voice. She turned her attention to the comlink, "I have decided to reward you and your team. Bring them to the palace, I will instruct the kitchen staff to create a feast in your honor. I want the prize brought with you. Place it on display in the fire room."

There was a hint of surprise in the woman's voice, but not a trace of disobedience. "As you wish, My Lady. We are grateful for your reward. Shall I give you my report now, or when we arrive."

Lady Loran frowned, "all work, no play," she whispered to Ava. Then turned back to the comlink, "tomorrow morning will be fine. Make sure you place heavy guard on my prize. I don't want it turned up missing."

"Yes My Lady," the song bird said softly.

Lady Loran turned off the comlink, "I love her like a daughter," she spoke with emotion in her voice. "Come, lets get back to the house before I pass out," she said softly as she motioned them to leave the Founders Room.
Governor Ava Forma — 06/03/2021
Ava felt a breath of relief as she smiled. Thinking about the earlier conversation. There were steps she must take to earn Loran's trust. Also perhaps she should clarify she was interested in the job. " Oh, Lady Loran. I don't believe I spoke clearly before. I will accept the job and work for you. " as she offer to assist her inside if she needed any.
Governor Ava Forma — 06/17/2021
/end