The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Escape Plans 2/26/22
05-07-2022, 05:31 PM,
Escape Plans 2/26/22
Durro Thel-Tanis — 02/26/2022
(((I am going to assume everyone tagged attends this little Powwow. Information contained therein comes both from myself and @Professor Kenobi)))

Durro leaves the Professor's private study and pulls out his comlink. Opening a ship-wide channel he says;

"This is Durro, all hands meet in the Galley as soon as possible." He then breaks the connection.

In the Galley, he waits for everyone to arrive before speaking.

"Glad you all could make it. I just met with the Professor; those Sith cupcakes did not agree with him, and he has instructions for our escape from this vessel."

"The Professor's plan is a lot of fire and brimstone; to stab in the front those who would stab us in the back. I'm of a slightly gentler disposition; Especially because if we damage the hanger bay too much Astra will have trouble getting back to us."

"My plan is to sneak aboard the ship, find what information I can in their network, and disable the weapons and tractor beams. I will then locate Astra and assist her in getting back to the ship. Once Astra and I have returned; then we can unleash hell on 'those who would stab us in the back' to quote the Professor."

"Are there any thoughts or questions?"
@Tesara Anerin
@Haj
@TheTraveler (as Handyman)
Haj — 02/26/2022
"There's an awful lot of "I" in that plan, Durro. You aren't thinking about going alone, are you? Based on what Quinn said at dinner, I gather that they would be watching for you," she looks at Tesara, "for you both, seeing as the two of you seem to have fallen onto Quinn's, and therefore the Queen's, radar as persons of interest."

She thinks for a second. "Send the servant to investigate their network, and disable the weapons and tractor beams. I'm no threat to them and they know it. I would probably fly under that same radar. As a general rule, the Sith seem to completely disregard me, other than as an irritation. I'm sure if I keep my mouth shut and my steps light, I could get in and out without tripping alarms. I'll take Handyman, so I'm not going alone."

She sighs not liking that she is contradicting what she just said, "You and Tesara can concentrate on getting Astra, as she will be the most heavily guarded and I couldn't get her out in a fight, if it came to it." And, if worst comes to worst, I can always be a distraction. I'm sure Quinn would love another shot to correct me"

@Tesara Anerin @Durro Thel-Tanis @TheTraveler (HM)
Tesara Anerin — 02/26/2022
“And it will reveal to Quinn that you were lying about me being on board.”  She says, watching them.  “But you were telling the truth about Orchid. I have not seen her since Lanus.  Truthfully I am glad she is not dead. She may be a Darksider, but she is important to me.”  She does not look like her normal self.  There is anger shimmering around her.  Contained for now, but present.
Haj — 02/26/2022
"Frankly, there's an excellent chance they know you're on board anyway, Tesara. I will wager Gungnir itself that, at best, they assumed we were lying at dinner about your whereabouts as well as this ... Orchid ... whoever she is."
“And also likely that they have life form scanners to check to see who else might be aboard other than droids that would’ve revealed my presence.  I’m just annoyed it didn’t wake me up.”  She says with a bite of irritation.
She turns to Hadaza. “I will tell you who Orchid is when we are done with this meeting.”
"As for leaving the ship." Durro continues, "I'm the best-equipped to disable what needs disabling and get back here quickly, and I have experience. I've done stealth missions before. Gungnir has two weapons turrets; which means we need at least two crew on board to man them. Tesara and Hadaza will stay aboard and be ready to execute righteous judgement on this ship if need by or as we leave. I will find Astra and make sure she makes it back to Gungnir in one piece."

"We don't have a lot of time, they are expecting us to leave any minute. Hadaza, if you want to help you can create a distraction for any guards that are doubtless in the hanger to ensure we don't leave the ship. While you have them distracted at the main boarding ramp; I'll use one of the other exits to slip away and into the ship."

His thoughts turn to the last time they escaped from a capital warship, when Ryan had set off the Jupiter 1's weapons in the main hanger of the Koons' Flagship so that he could sneak out and find the others.

"Although... if it's a distraction we want, I suppose we could fire off our weapons first, and then I infiltrate and find Astra. I would have to be fast, and I would be unable to stop and gather intel from the computer or disable anything."
@Haj
@Tesara Anerin
@TheTraveler (Handyman)
Haj — 02/26/2022
She frowns, "I don't like it. You shouldn't go alone."

Crossing her arms, "That said, its likely our best bet. Two assumptions that we are making is that Astra is a) able to leave under her own power and b) that she still wants to go. We don't know what Quinn is doing to her.  He may have broken her physically or mentally already."

Her frown deepens, "Are you willing and able to carry an Astra that may be injured, unconscious, or, worse, wide awake and screaming for  Quinn to save her?"
@Durro Thel-Tanis @Tesara Anerin @TheTraveler (HM)
"I will do what I must." Durro says simply. "As I expect you all to do."

"So what's our final decision? Weapons first as a distraction, I rush in and out, or do I take it slow and try to gather intel and carefully make my way to Astra?"

"I could have just passed on The Professor's orders, but I value your opinions. These are our options; so what are your thoughts?"
@Tesara Anerin
@Haj
@TheTraveler (Handyman)
Haj — 02/26/2022
"And just what were the Professor's orders? I mean, if everything's on the table for consideration ..."
@Durro Thel-Tanis @Tesara Anerin @TheTraveler (HM)
Tesara begins pacing.  It is obvious she is stressed and upset but doing her best to keep calm.
"In a nutshell, to do as much damage to the ship as possible and escape. I'm sugar-coating it; he seems confident we can disable it enough to completely destroy it before leaving. Though he left no provision or plan on rescuing Astra; aside from 'She'll have time to escape back to us'."

"I added my own bits for rescuing Astra; I assume his plan is the best we have at damaging or destroying our Sith prison."

His face twitches as he says this, like a headache is beginning to bother him.

"So what do we think? Rush in ships' guns blazing as our distraction, or do this slowly and carefully, only leaving destruction in our wake?"
@Tesara Anerin
@Haj
@TheTraveler (Handyman)
Haj — 02/26/2022
Haj walks over to rub Durro's shoulders.

"I hate the 'burn it all and let the Force sort it out' idea. I really do. Too much room for mistakes in the hurry and explosions. I vote for slow and careful. We will get more out of it, if we do it right. And Handyman is a ... wait ... do we have enough parts on board to build a throw away droid? That might be the distraction that we need on several counts"

@Tesara Anerin @TheTraveler @Durro Thel-Tanis @TheTraveler
>>>>SPEAKING AS HANDYMAN PER GM<<<<

"If I may interrupt.  The Gungnir's scanning capabilities have detected that the hangar bay we are in is shielded and protected.  Any attempt at shooting it will cause more damage to us than to the ship."
"Then that makes our decision for us. It also means we do not need gunners, since we cannot damage the ship. We will need to disable weapons, tractor beams, and engines at the very least. Gungnir will need someone capable of defending her aboard, just in case and we do not know if they have seen through the Tesara deception."

"So, Hadaza and I will disable the ship and ensure Astra makes it back safely. Tesara will keep Gungnir and The Professor safe and the engines warmed for our return and escape. Are there any questions? Concerns? Last-minute details I should know about?"
@Haj
@Tesara Anerin
@TheTraveler (Handyman)
Tesara stops pacing.  "I don't like this.  I know your plan is a good one, but you have to remember where we are and what the Sith Queen is capable of.  Any chance of surprise is likely to fail because they will be expecting us to try to rescue her.  The only card we hold is your ability to communicate with Astra through the Force.  They don't know you can do that with her.  I strongly suggest we stop and wait.  We're in no danger if we sit here.  Any move we make to action of any kind is likely to get us killed like that."  She snaps her fingers.  "I'm as anxious as everyone else to rescue her but we are forgetting about Ashanti."
@Durro Thel-Tanis @Haj @TheTraveler
"I haven't forgotten." Durro says quietly. "In fact, I'm counting on Ashanti dealing with Quinn. That was always the plan." He looks at Tesara pointedly.

"I never said we were rescuing Astra from Quinn; only that we are rescuing her from this ship. Ensuring she makes it back to us. Ashanti will deal with Quinn, of that I am certain. We need to be ready to leave when she does."

"I also don't expect Ashanti to wait for long, so I feel we need to accomplish what we can to be ready as soon as we're able."
@Haj
@Tesara Anerin
>>Speaking as Handyman again<<  "One more thing if I may?"  Handyman pipes up.  "The Gungnir was scanned by this ship's life scanners, but as the Gungnir is equipped with anti-scan capabilities, they would not have been able to detect anyone aboard.  Therefore Tesara Anerin was not detected."
@Durro Thel-Tanis @Haj
~
"My apologies, Master Thel-Tanis."  She says.  "I misunderstood thinking you wanted to do this now."
Haj — 02/26/2022
"Well that tears it. Whatever happens, its up to me and Durro .. and that metal monstrosity, though if it gets destroyed Professor Kenobi will take it out of our skins"

She comes around to sit at the table. "I like the idea of search and destroy, though. Get what we can from their systems and disable anything that may cause problems for us later. We will need to coordinate with Astra .. or Ashanti."

She looks at Durro. "You seem to have a repour with Ashanti. She respects you. Can you communicate with her from here the way you do with Astra?"
@Tesara Anerin @Durro Thel-Tanis @TheTraveler (HM)
"If Astra lets me in, yes. Truth be told; I'd like to follow the Force's guidance, have things already disabled just in time for Ashanti to do her thing. If we wait for her before we even leave the ship, then we will not have the time we need. If we disable things too early and she is not ready or escaped, they may discover the sabotage and fix it. This will require perfect timing. Coordinating will help, but it won't solve all our timing issues."

"I think you understand why I'm asking for your input. Just in case there's anything I missed."
@Haj
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara nods.  "As much as I would like to, I need to remain hidden as the only person here they don't know about."
Haj — 02/26/2022
"We have to assume that most if not all of the crew is at least Force Sensitive. That will matter in both coordination and execution of any plans we have. Timing is critical, but we need to be in communication with Astra, or one of her friends, in order to know when to strike. 'Just in time' is a thin margin for error. So the question is, how do we do that without getting caught or having someone, I don't know, eavesdrop?"
"I only sensed a dozen or so trained Force-wielders when we landed." Durro says. "So not all of the crew by a long shot."

"I think our best bet is to steal uniforms and walk a little more openly in disguise. A soldier may also have code cylinders we need to move around. Assuming this means we're agreed, I'll contact Astra and see what I can find out."

(((OOC: I assume any communication/coordination will be done in-game?)))
@TheTraveler
@Haj
@Tesara Anerin
(((I would say so yes, and we're less than an hour from game start)))
Haj — 02/26/2022
"One thought .. ", she points to her head. "You think they will have a helmet to cover these?"
Despite the tension and anxiety buzzing in her head, Tesara cannot help but laugh a little at Hadaza's question.
Haj — 02/26/2022
"You can laugh, @Tesara Anerin, but you were the one who made me think of it. I tend to stand out, especially amongst a crew of humans. And I don't think a veil will do the trick this time."
@Durro Thel-Tanis
(((OOC; we saw soldiers already, so that is a Traveler question.)))
(( @TheTraveler ))
Haj — 02/26/2022
(((OOC - Traveler's faffing off in Battfield blah-dee-blah While he is, I'mma step away - BRB)))
TheTraveler — 02/26/2022
((OCC: @Durro Thel-Tanis  what question is for me?))
(((We saw soldiers on this ship. Do they wear helmets? If so, what style?)))
(((Stormtrooper, or Infantry (Solo)?)))
(((This?)))
https://tenor.com/view/star-wars-luke-sk...f-16354541
Haj — 02/26/2022
(((Yeah, cuz that will hide her hair ... or her horns!)))
(((Or this?)))
TheTraveler — 02/26/2022
((more like this))
(((Damn, that is going to be hard to move around in. Black cloaks it is.)))
Haj — 02/26/2022
((((good thing she bought a body suit on Warkenels)))
TheTraveler — 02/26/2022
The two walkers guarding the ship
"The armor will be heavy; that's out of the question. A cloak with the hood up will hide your features well enough. Quinn showed us that Sith like to look sinister and foreboding; they wear their hoods up even indoors."
@Haj
@Tesara Anerin
Haj — 02/26/2022
She looks at Durro and Tesara. "I'll need to borrow one of yours. I don't own such a garment and I can't image they have ones lying randomly around for us to grab. Still, it seems to be the best shot we have. We will have absolute freedom to move around. No one will look twice at those cloaks, out of fear if nothing else."
@Tesara Anerin @Durro Thel-Tanis
Tesara nods and heads immediately for her room, retrieves a black cloak with hood, then returns to hand it to Hadaza.  "I'm sorry I laughed, that was inappropriate of me.  I just am in a state of anxiety right now about my chosen sister.  Do you forgive me?"
@Haj
Haj — 02/26/2022
Hadaza takes the cloak. "Thank you. And of course I forgive you. Its easy to forget that I'm not one of you because you see me all the time. But its something that we have to think about, especially when doing something like this. You taught me that."

She reaches over to hug Tesara. "We'll get her back"

To Durro, she says, "Ok, Kjære. Now we wait for your signal, correct?"
@Durro Thel-Tanis @Tesara Anerin
Tesara accepts the hug and Hadaza can feel a tiny tremor.  Tesara's face is in a pinched smile.  "Thank you, Haj."
"I'll recover my own disguise and keep you posted." Durro says with a smile. As he leaves the room, he mentally reaches out for Astra. The day just got more interesting...
/end