The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Before the storm 3/29/22
05-07-2022, 05:35 PM,
Before the storm 3/29/22
TheTraveler — 03/29/2022
(OOC: this In-between takes place shortly after the large group meeting at the end of the last game. No one has left the village as of this In-between.)

The change in behavior for the locals was clear to see. It first came in the return of groups of hunters on their mounts. Many pushing their mounta hard and fast till they reached the safety of the village. As this event was starting to take shape, the clouds on the east started to darken as the storm formed.

Across the village, huts started to get closed up, while others helped with the preparations. Most smaller items were secured while even the smallest of children had their own role to play.

Atop of her own hut, Falynn sits crossed legged facing the darkening skies. Behind her, @Durro Thel-Tanis walks up from a nearby ladder.

"There is a sand storm approaching," she informed. "The hut next to mine has been provided for you and your friends to wait out the storm," she added softly.

@Players of New Horizons
Professor Kenobi — 03/29/2022
The professor takes a good look at the sand and kneels down, scooping some up in his hand. He inspected each tiny grain with an experts eyes  with a slow sad smile that tugged the corner of his lips. "Pricilla...".  He saw @Durro Thel-Tanis climbing a ladder and, since he was bored and had nothing better to do than to be nosey, he followed in time to hear. With cool melodious tone he added "Thank you. Faylnn I do have an additional question. Do you have any weapon smiths on this planet?"
TheTraveler — 03/29/2022
(OOC: lol wow! You are more than welcome to join us! Lol)
⏳ Cool()
Durro Thel-Tanis — 03/29/2022
((I am at work, I will reply when I can. ))
"Your generosity is appreciated." Durro says.

"Professor." He acknowledges his arrival. To Falynn he adds; "Do these storms happen often?"
@TheTraveler
@Professor Kenobi
TheTraveler — 03/29/2022
She nodded, "kindness is to these people as breathing is to us." She half smiled though the pain on her face was clearly seen. "They do, but there is no reason for concern. Despite the violence of the wind and sand, there is nothing else to them."

She gave a nod, "Professor," she motioned for both to join her, "you are welcome to join me."
@Professor Kenobi @Durro Thel-Tanis
"It's odd." Durro says casually. "I sensed so much life from this world as we landed, but all I see is a barren wasteland."
@TheTraveler
@Professor Kenobi
TheTraveler — 03/29/2022
Falynn nodded, "what the eyes sees isn't always what is actually there. The desert appears like barren wastelands, but your senses are correct. There is an abundance of life out there."

"Where is it?" He questions. "Underground, perhaps; or otherwise hidden?"

He looks at the gathering clouds as the wind makes the tails of his duster snap like a leather flag.

"I should return to the ship; make sure the hatches are battened down and the girls are OK."
@TheTraveler
@Professor Kenobi
TheTraveler — 03/29/2022
Falynn gazed out at the approaching storm and smiled, "if I had to speak on the matter, I would say otherwise hidden."

She paused and listened to his concerns about the ship, "your ship will be fine," she reassured. Her eyes closed softly as she drew in the force around her.

Durro could feel her mastery within it. And he felt her calming thoughts as she searched his emotions. (OOC: you can resist, WILL Check DC 15, or allow her to know Durro’s current emotions)

(Eye doctors appointment, back)
took his time looking around the room and musing to himself. His question was not particularly answered howe ver he was in an ambivilant mood. "Faylenn. I find myself in an ackward position where I need something and I must ask for it."
@TheTraveler @Durro Thel-Tanis
((He would reflexively resist. I cannot roll until I get home. ))
TheTraveler — 03/29/2022
Sensing Durro's light resistance, she drew back and turned her to Professor Kenobi.

Listening carefully to his words, she finally nodded. "I will do my best to help you in what ever you require," she said softly.
@Durro Thel-Tanis @Professor Kenobi
scratchs his nose ackwardly, clearing his throat. "I am a man who has, through an extraordinary journey through time and space, been positioned exactly to strike to the heart of the Mad God Who Devours. Gods themselves have set up this long shot at the plate, even the force sticking it's hand in." looks meaningfully at Durro. "Without my friends Durro, Tesara, Astra, Hadaza, and even the children I would never have had the capability to travel this far." He let out a sigh. "This leads me to believe that perhaps my greatest strength, beyond my knowledge, is my ability to swallow pride and take a helping hand. So my request is simple, and yet to speak the words may be vulgar. I require an edge I do not have, Power, so my hand may reach where it needs to. So I ask you this most vulgar request. Will you point me in the direction of a power that the Enemy cannot consume? The force cannot touch her, nor can a blaster or lightsaber. I require...something more and new."
@Durro Thel-Tanis @TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 03/29/2022
Listening carefully and only giving a nod, as to indicate that she was following every word as it was spoken.

And finally she draws in a deep breath, "we all have been on long journeys. Some are new," she said softly giving a nod to Durro.

"Others have reached their end," she said softly as she placed a hand on her chest. "And still some, as you have said, have yet to reach the epex of the journey."

She pondered for a moment then gave a nod, "I know you have asked for a weapon smith." She those to her feet as she motioned them to follow her. "No one here is dedicated to making weapons," she said as she slowly climbed down the ladder.

"Though I think I know what you are seeking," she said softly.

She walked over to plan brown trunk and opened it up. Within the wooden trunk were clothes. She paused as she held two lightsabers.

For a long moment her fave born the pain of lost love, "there are some attachments...." she trailed off as she set them to the side.

"I don't know how she made it, or what she knew of it," Falynn said as she drew out a long item wrapped in cloth. She carefully unwrapped it, "Rose, before she became...." she paused, "when we were still friends. She made this," Falynn held a sword apparently made of glass."

She rose to her feet and showed them the weapon, "maybe what you seek is something old..."

eyes shimmered as he saw the glass, sighing softly. "A gift through time. A daughter's defiant love delivered to her estranged father." He looked at his hands. They bore the weight of time with dignity and grace, an energy bubbling inside of him. He was renewed in his quest after speaking to her. Priscilla Sheridan was a cold shock of commitment, a life of his own kith and kin sacrificed to this War Machine. "By Hells Heart, what a Burden. My poison, the truest bane. Tyrants have walked the path preaching peace, and here I buckle towards War." He did not take the weapon from her, yet lifted his hand far above it and slowly felt the air itself with an ungloved hand. What was it? He reached all of his senses towards the blade, gaze moving up to Faylenn. "Rose was my Daughter, and she was consumed while Papa was on an Oddessey. Who is a greater fool than I?"
TheTraveler — 03/29/2022
Falynn watched him as she held the blade. She didn't add words the the moment as she felt no need. She knew of Rose's father through stories Rose had confided in her.

When she first met the Professor, she knew in her heart he was the father Rose had been searching for when they first discovered her so many years ago.

She allowed the moment to largely pass without words. That was till she knew her voice would have meaning.

"No larger a fool than a mother who abandoned her son to an orphanage because she was afraid," she said with sympathy in her voice.

Durro had stepped to the edge of the roof to give the Professor a moment, though he still kept tabs on the conversation. While studying the village below, preparing for the storm, he withdrew his comlink and opened a line to the Gungnir:

"Handyman? It's Durro." He says softly "There's a storm brewing out there, is the ship locked down and prepared?"

"Make sure the girls are all aboard and secured in their area. I'll return if I can before the storm, or you could move the ship closer."

He looks over to see what Falynn is showing the Professor. The old man's body blocks his view though so he continues observing the village, even looking to see if he can see the Gungnir from here.
@TheTraveler
@Professor Kenobi
TheTraveler — 03/29/2022
(OOC: @Durro Thel-Tanis please notice the edit to your post.)

Durro had stepped to the edge of the roof to give the Professor a moment, though he still kept tabs on the conversation. While studying the village below, preparing for the storm, he withdrew his comlink and opened a line to the Gungnir:

"Handyman? It's Durro." He says softly.

The noise over the comlink was something Durro wasn't used to hearing. It was static! Durro wasn't even sure if the link between his handheld device and the Gungnir could be established.

Searching the horizon, he could barely make out shadowy figures rushing past the opening of the valley and the safety its walls offered.
allowed his hand to clasp around the hilt of the blade, drawing it with the flourish of a Duelist knocking off cobwebs using a simple 8 strike . | \ / . / Listening to the blade whistle, feeling the weight, and over all wondering what would happen when he wielded a blade crafted by the knowledge of his Daughter that one day his hand would touch. He longed for a deeper connection, cursing the fates that denied him even rudimentary abilities. He was a blunted fool with a slapdash quest to drive a piece of glass into a god. He laughed gaily.
Durro reaches out with the Force, while straining to see who was so crazy as to go out in this. Not one of the villagers, surely; which means one of the off worlders. That narrows it down to those least suited to being out in such a storm.

"Professor, there's an issue requiring my attention." He nods at Falynn. "If you'll excuse me."
@TheTraveler
@Professor Kenobi
holds up his hand to stop Durro. "Freeze Durro, the Storm comes and now is the time for patience not blind heroics!"
TheTraveler — 03/29/2022
(OOC: I am going to hold the action at this point. Durro turns to leave, and is spoken to by Professor Kenobi.

@Durro Thel-Tanis your actions after that moment can stand once you clear this dialog)
((Attention to Detail, drilled in every military man. Keeping an eye on the surroundings is not hard with something as dramatic as "I am going" being stated by Durro.))
Durro gives a lopsided grin.

"Good thing it's not blind, then."

He gives a two-finger salute and leaps from the rooftop, using the Force and a combat-roll to cushion his landing and start him off on his feet and at a run; pursuing the shadowy figure. Using the Force to enhance his speed and fuel his muscles, he glances around for a scrap of cloth or something to shield his face once he exits the valley. He lifts the collar of his duster to shield his face and holds his hat atop his head. This isn't going to be easy, but he doesn't want to leave one of his friends, his family, out in the storm likely with no real protection.
@TheTraveler
@Professor Kenobi
TheTraveler — 03/29/2022
Falynn watched in silence as Durro departed, a slight smile on her face as she shook her head. "He is so much like my Urias."

She turned back to Kenobi, "his fate will remain within the Force."

She motioned to the sword, "I have a demand from you in exchange for that sword. It is but a simple one. Swear on your word, and upon that sword that you will right the wrong to the Priloc that my party has caused. Make this your very next task. Promise me this, and the Sword will be yours without any guilt."

She tilted her head, "is that acceptable."

@Professor Kenobi
(A little clarification, what? @TheTraveler )
((You have to promise to return the compass to the Priloc ASAP in order to have her blessing to take the sword. Has to be our next stop after Origin.))
@Durro Thel-Tanis ()
let out a short laugh. "A double promise tied at both ends? Yes, I will accept this burden. In truth, it was to be my stop before I leave this Realm. Barring anything out of my control, I accept."
TheTraveler — 03/30/2022
Falynn nodded and smiled, "thank you Professor."

She walked over to a near by window and looked out at the approaching storm. "They are as beautiful as they are terrifying."

She motioned him to join her, "did you know that some of the most deadly creatures on this world follow the storms?"

@Professor Kenobi