The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timey Wimey Stuff 4/26/22
05-29-2022, 11:18 AM,
Timey Wimey Stuff 4/26/22
Durro Thel-Tanis — 04/26/2022
After ensuring the Gungnir and its crew are safe, Durro heads to the bridge to meet with Handyman. As he walks through the destroyed doors he addresses the droid hunched over the data displays.

"Have you found anything yet?"
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 04/26/2022
handyman turned to face Durro and his tone almost appeared to be uplifted. "Ah Master Thel-Tanis. I have been fully briefed by the Professor on the change of command."

He walked forward and extended a hand, "might I be the first to officially congratulate you."

He motioned behind him, "and clearly in the proper time. You know what they say, a happy man is only possible with a happy wife. I take it our two wayward young ladies have been set straight?"

@Durro Thel-Tanis
Durro shakes the droid's hand with a grin.

"Thanks, Handyman."

In response to the droid's next statement, he raises an eyebrow.

"I believe so; though I'm sure they'll both need to talk through it with each other at least, if not close friends and confidants."

"Have you discovered the discrepancy between the passage of time on the ship versus out in the village? I'm curious to know what's going on."
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 04/26/2022
After shaking Durro's hand, he continued the conversation about Astra and Haj, "that or maybe a good time across your knee until these childish actions vanishes."

He nodded, "I have indeed and I am quite ashamed of myself for not considering this before." he turned and walked over to the science station on the bridge.

"Though I am not sure you will like the answer."

@Durro Thel-Tanis
Durro raises his eyebrow again, but does not continue the conversation about the crew. He walks over the Science Station and looks over the droid's metal shoulder.

"Maybe, maybe not. What'd you find?"
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 04/26/2022
He huffed, "it isn't what I saw but what we already knew."

He brought up an image of the entire solar system that Origin occupied.
@Durro Thel-Tanis
(((He is just watching/listening. lol)))
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 04/26/2022
Handyman turns to Durro as if waiting for an answer. After a bit of time where none was given he finally spoke up, "Do you see it Master Thel-Tanis?"
(((What exactly is he seeing? OOC, I do not see it.)))
TheTraveler — 04/26/2022
(((OOC: The system is made up of

One world (inhabited, at the center)

Four Suns (Each sitting at the orbit were Mars would be, orbiting around that one world)

Six black holes beyond that (one at the Nader and Zenith, four at equal distance at the edge of the solar system.)))

"Well Master Thel-Tanis, do you see it?"
"Gravity must play havoc with this system." Durro says. "If I remember my Academy Astrogation courses, the flow of and our perception of time are affected by gravity among other things."

"Though I'd expect such fluctuations at various points in the solar system. Would it really vary in an area as relatively small as a planet's surface?"

His hand is on his chin and he continues to think aloud.

"I'd also assume that's why the womens' comm calls didn't go through; but we've been able to contact the ship before. Was this a limited event? Here and then gone again?"

He reaches for his comlink; eyeing it thoughtfully.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 04/26/2022
The voice pitched upward, "very good Master Thel-Tanis, I am pleased. Yes, the gravity in the entire system is at flux. What we can't see is the gravity waves that crash upon this world."

He brought the local sensors online. "that said, the time in the ship isn't effected," he said then paused, "well not as you would expect it."

"The Gungnir is designed with some rather, for lacking any better word, old technologies from long gone civilizations." He brought up the engine designs, "you see, at this range when the engines cycle up in preparation for the air filtration system to start working, it created a bubble where the gravity distortion doesn't effect it as much."

"See, Master Thel-Tanis, the entire system is effected, not the Gungnir." He turned to face Durro as he continued, "for the rest of the Galaxy, time moves much slower. For us, time is moving much faster on this world."

He turned back to the computer, "I don't deny that some of the calculations do not add up. Nor is some of the physical evidence supported by this possible theory."

His voice took a darker tone, "though if this theory is right, the longer we remain here, the older we will get without time moving beyond this system."

@Durro Thel-Tanis
"Yes, I'm beginning to realize that." Durro agrees in his own darker tone. "This world is fascinating, but our time here is limited."

He recalls his experience when his comm detected the failed attempts to communicate.

"Would those waves explain this... splitting headache I experienced both times my comm chirped and failed to connect? They were more intense and painful than anything I've ever experienced before or can adequately describe."
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 04/26/2022
He turned back to Durro, "It is possible. But you must understand that the study of Time Space, is barely in its infancy. While my data banks are filled with some of the most knowledgeable subject matter, I must admit my own limited understanding here."

He turned back to the image of the Solar System, "it is my understanding that who ever designed the Corellian System were trying to mimic this place."

durro-thel-tanis
"Designed?" Durro looks confused. "Is the Corellian system not naturally occurring?"

He shakes his head, refocusing.

"No, that sounds like a fascinating topic of discussion, but perhaps another time. For now, if the mystery of the time discrepancy is as solved as it can be, I would like you to oversee the reassembly of my shuttle. There's a place I'd like to check out before we leave, and I'd like to leave as soon as possible."

"Once the shuttle is assembled, please ensure both Haj and Astra see you for a thorough medical scan. I should have one as well; I'd like to know what caused those headaches, if an answer can be found. For the women, I'd like to ensure there have been no adverse effects of this... time dilation."
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 04/26/2022
He nodded, "yes, a topic for another time."

Turning he paused, "permission to take Cheerie with me. The girl has quite a thirst for piloting and a keen eye for repairs."

@Durro Thel-Tanis
"Granted; today is still a free day for them. She is free to spend her time as she sees fit."

"Besides, piloting and repairs are useful skills to have."

He turns to leave the bridge.

"Oh, and have a repair crew get to work on this door. I don't want bridge security compromised."

"And thank you, Handyman. This ship would fall apart without you."
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 04/26/2022
Handyman stood there for a moment, "repair crew?"

turning and powering down the station, "I wonder if he knows that there are no others on board."

"Or maybe as a Jedi, he can see thing that I cannot. I wonder if he would let me take a much deeper look in to his eyes."

/END?

@Durro Thel-Tanis
(((I thought there were a few simple droids that keep the ship running but are in the background. To not distract from the party. If not, then ignore Durro's request for a repair crew. lol)))

/end
TheTraveler — 04/26/2022
(((Oh no...I will not ignore it lol )))
(((Then we need to have a talk about the ship. Even the video Haj posted talks about a crew; Handyman and the Professor could not run this entire ship alone. Not to mention that one of Durro's journal entries mentioned the droid quartermaster in charge of keeping the maintenance droids operational. That came from me asking Talon about any droids aboard and he mentioned there being background droids keeping the ship going, but purposefully not being quantified as to avoid them becoming characters and distracting from the party. Did I miss something?)))

(((Even though I know you hate hearing it; if there were never any other droids aboard other than Handyman, then Durro would have no reason at all to ask for a repair crew, and would not have.)))