The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleared for duty 5/20/22
07-17-2022, 11:31 AM,
Cleared for duty 5/20/22
Haj — 05/20/2022
Haj leaves the bridge after the discussion about the impending run-in with Quinn & her, ahem, fracas with Ashanti too jacked to sleep, despite what she told them. But she knows she needs the rest, even if it is for another couple of hours. Her time on Origin has changed so much for her in so many ways and she's still trying to get caught up on it all.  Deep down, as much as it pains her, she knows the only way she would get the respite she needs for her body and mind is if she heads to the medbay for another session in the bacta tank.

While she's on her way, she thinks, I wonder how many more of these I have to endure.. Then another thought crosses her mind. Durro wasn't wrong about a full medical scan after spending so much time on Origin. The gravitational anomaly alone might have done who knows what to her. But then, with all the genetic tinkering, maybe not ... still worth a look. More, she could get some answers about herself that she hasn't considered asking questions about. She'll not only ask HM for the scan, but also for the records. She wants to find out what she's working with, especially if she's going to be going up against Quinn again.

She taps her commlink: Handyman, please report to the medical bay

@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/20/2022
After a very short period of time, Handyman rushed in to the medical bay and a waiting Haj.

He wore a red thick clothed smoking jacket that appeared to be crafted for him. On the air between them, the sweet scent of mint and colon could be smelled.

"Please state the nature of the medical emergency," Handyman stated in his monotone voice. His head searched the empty beds for his patient.
@Haj
Haj — 05/20/2022
Haj blinks, a startled look appearing on her features. All but speechless, she splutters "Um .... Handyman?" She blinks again. Her mind can't take in what she's seeing. Nor, quite frankly, does she want to contemplate the implications any further, though she's sure that it will give her nightmares in the future.

Shaking her head to clear the disturbing images, she states her directive to the metal menace cum Lothario, "No emergency, Handyman. I want you to run a full medical diagnostic and provide me with the results. I want a detailed report of before and after the time on Origin to account for both the injuries incurred on the planet as well as any changes that may be the result of the gravitational anomaly, one that outlines the biological, technical, and/or genetic enhancements that are the result of my creation by the Crusade, and one that contains any other information that is pertinent to my physical health."

@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/20/2022
There was a noticeable change in the Droids posture, "really Hadaza," he stated flatly. "You are aware of the standard operating hours, are you not?"

He walked over to his desk, "as for your request, i have already preformed such a review on all the crew, including myself."

@Haj
Haj — 05/20/2022
She purses her lips; she's had enough attitude for one night. Taking a deep breath to calm herself, she dismisses his "standard hours" comment, choosing instead to address her own matter. "When did you perform the latest diagnostic that will account for the information that I'm asking for?

@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/20/2022
As she spoke, he inspected his desk then turned to face her, "each of the crew are to receive full medical evaluations as part of the contract you have signed. These medical evaluations are to be annually. That said and seeing how we just had a major run in with some rather strange environments, i chose to hold the evaluations a few weeks earlier."

He started to walk towards the door, "if there is nothing else, Hadaza. I shall be returning to my other," he paused then carefully choose his words, "task."

@Haj
Haj — 05/20/2022
Haj assumes 2 things - 1) Handyman did the evaluation during one of her sessions in the bacta tank, as she has no memory of it. 2) That the information is currently still on his desk as he neither handed her anything nor indicated that it was sent to her data pad. Anything else, she chooses to leave completely out of her mind, as the insinuation of his parting shot to her made her mildly ill to consider.

"Nothing else, for now. If I have questions once I review the data, I'll be sure to bring them to you during standard operating hours. Thank you and," she gulps, "enjoy the remainder of your night."

@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/20/2022
(OOC: slow down Haj lol)

He shakes his head, "i am sorry such data is not available for your review."

As for my night, "i thank you for allowing me to return to my free time."

He turns to leave, "if you have a medical emergency. Please feel free to call upon me."
@Haj
Haj — 05/20/2022
Haj is caught off guard by his pronouncement. "Wait just a moment please, Handyman. What do you mean, such data is not available. You should have all of it. You had given Durro at least some of it weeks ago. Where's the rest of it?

@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/20/2022
He turned as if surprised, "it is simple Hadaza. Do no harm. It is a central part of my programming."
@Haj
Haj — 05/20/2022
Haj stares at him for a moment with a look of utter incredulity. "What do you mean, 'do no harm'? And before you give me the pedantic answer designed to explain what the phrase means to the gormless organic, I am asking you to explain to me if the information would be harmful for me to have or if you don't have it because to gather it would cause me harm? Because if its the latter, then you have my express permission to run whatever tests you need to gather it, provided it doesn't do me lasting or irreparable injury. And if it's the former, then I most certainly would want it because forewarned is forearmed"

@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/20/2022
He turned to address her, "than i will shall not phrase it as to address the gormless organic."

"The data is incomplete, and for the less educated such data could lead to an overreaction or panic," he explained.

"Such incomplete, could cause your panic to trigger others to be unnecessary concern," he added.

"Therefore such incomplete information would cause you more harm than necessary," he concluded.

@Haj
Haj — 05/20/2022
Haj rubs the bridge of her nose with two fingers. "Fine. Fine! Then I will reiterate my earlier directive with amendments - I want you to run a full medical diagnostic, now, and provide me with the results. I want as detailed a report as is possible to account for both the injuries incurred on the planet as well as any changes that may be the result of the gravitational anomaly, one that outlines the biological, technical, and/or genetic enhancements that are the result of my creation by the Crusade, and one that contains any other information that is pertinent to my physical health."

She looks up at him. "And so as not to intrude on your 'task', I will make an appointment to return during standard operating hours. How much time should I allot to do this?"

@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/20/2022
He tilts his head, "your request can be dealt with in a timely manner."

He gave a nod, "you can return at eight am." He paused a moment then added,  "you can allot about ten minutes."

He paused as if to go over his own information. Then he nodded, "yes, i think that would do nicely." He motioned her towards the door, "if you agree."
Haj — 05/20/2022
"Ten minutes? That's all? Then do it now, please, Handyman. We are both here and your, ahem, task, will wait another 10 minutes."
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/20/2022
He turned towards her, "yes because I have nothing better to do other than wait around for an organic to have some task for me to accomplish."

He walks over to the terminal on his desk and accesses it with his data spike. "Sometimes, you organics are arrogant beyond even my own comprehension." He pulled a data card. He turned and walked for the exit. "Do enjoy your reading," he tossed the data card on the bed next to her.

"If you have nothing else, please feel free to call upon me, during normal duty hours," he says as he walks towards the door.
@Haj
Haj — 05/20/2022
"Handyman, are you short-circuiting?  Do you need to be serviced?" Given his attire, she wonders briefly is she interrupted just that and this was his payback.

"You JUST said that the data was incomplete. Why would you hand me incomplete data, acting against your own stated directive which you so painstakingly outlined for me, instead of acting on the orders that you were just given to provide a detailed report?"

@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/20/2022
He turnes to face her, "I have not acted against my stated directive. Nor have I failed to comply with your request," he stated making a clear point to replace order with. "I have performed the requested evaluation. And provided as much of the requested information as possible without violating my primary protocols."
@Haj
Haj — 05/20/2022
Haj snatches the data card off the bed, "Very well, Handyman. If I panic, I'll be sure to come to you first rather than triggering others with unnecessary concern. But I'll make sure that it's during standard operating hours. Good night."

She walks past him with the card, headed to her quarters, where she left her data pad.

Once there, she inserts the card.  Information floods the screen. She settles in and starts to pour through it.
Haj — 05/20/2022
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/20/2022
Upon returning to her quarters, Haj inserts the datacard in to her desk mounted computer display. It takes a minute for the data to transfer, but once it doea, the file sits there waiting for her to open it.

Upon opening the file, Haj was faced with file upon file which was redacted. Though there were other files left open, and nothing she hadn’t read or knew about already. Well Handyman did perform a pregnancy test on her, which was negative.

Still some sixty percent of the file was unreadable.

@Haj
Haj — 05/20/2022
Haj stares at the data pad, mouth agape. Nothing, she thinks.

"Nothing," she whispers aloud. Handyman warned her that the data was incomplete, but there was nothing here she didn't already know.

Numb, she puts the data pad down on the table in front of her. She takes a deep breath, letting it out slowly.

She closes her eyes, but all she can see in the blackness behind her lids is line after line of missing words.

She told Handyman that she would come to him with questions. "Oh, I have questions alright", she seethes, feeling a fire building in her belly. "Like who the hell redacted the Gods Below damnable file!"

She tries desperately to slow her hammering heart and her shaking hands. The scarves hanging on the walls start to snap. It's not panic she's feeling, but her temper would definitely cause concern for the crew.

No, she thinks. I can blame Ashanti for my ill humor.

She sweeps from her room and heads to the cargo bay. She needs to blow off some steam in order to find her way back to focus and calm.

/end