The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teachers Meeting 5/24/22
07-17-2022, 11:32 AM,
Teachers Meeting 5/24/22
Tesara Anerin — 05/24/2022
Hello, all!  This is a hybrid channel to be used to discuss the schedule on the Gungnir once we leave Origin and BEFORE our game where Quinn contacted Astra, children whined and kittens were discovered.  As Durro is the captain he does have final say about said schedule for the classes and any other military whatnots he deems necessary.  So without further ado...

Morning physical exercise - I know that our contracts said we were to be at the cargo bay at 6am to do this.  If anyone disagrees, speak up.

Breakfast.  I am sure that there is a rotating schedule of who is cooking and who is cleaning so that everyone shares in that responsibility.

Morning Classes.  This is where I need Durro's line by line of what he, Tesara, Haj and Astra are instructed to...instruct.

Lunch - Rotating for who is cooking and who is cleaning

I'd like to put a 15 to 30 minute break in here after lunch for everyone to get a breather.

Afternoon classes

I would assume there is some kind of break/free time here for anyone NOT assigned to a ship maintenance task.  This doesn't have to be the only time ship maintenance is done, but we DO need a breakdown of WHAT needs to happen and who Durro wants to do each task.

Dinner - Rotating for who is cooking and who is cleaning

Do as ye wilt/ I dunno from here what happens.

~~~
Once we set this, we can begin an actual, in character meeting about the girls and their complaints, update about Che'ri and any other business that would need to be met about.

Thoughts?

@Durro Thel-Tanis
@Princess Astra Korraay
@Haj
Haj — 05/24/2022
6am start for crew to gather for morning calisthenics sounds accurate, based on the contract we signed with the now erstwhile & absentee CiC.  But that then puts us at one of the bones of contention for the girls. Their morning PT session starts at 7a (ish - Durro has them on the sched at 0640-0730).

With 3 "teachers", Haj has taken on the lion's share of maintenance/repair/general duties. She will sit in/assist with SyBysti, as she needs to learn this as well, and if there are other, ahem, etiquette classes about how best to "behave" once we return to Republic space, she would be in those as well. Other than that, the only other class she would be "boots on the ground" for would be the unarmed combat with the girls in the afternoon.

That said, I agree that meals times should be established, but a schedule for who does cooking and clean-up? You really think that Mike is gonna get that pedantic about it? If we go that far, we need to set up "flight deck/pilot/watch" schedules, "navigating" schedules for Durro and Astra, etc.  And if he DOES get that pedantic, then we may also need to account for "free time" and how it's spent (journaling, meditating (especially if this is part of a daily practice), kitten duty, playing with the girls, etc) and where that time is spent.

Tesara and Durro need to remember to put something in their schedules for time with Haj. This does not have to be every day, but it needs to be accounted for as it's something that they do regularly:

Training w/ Tesara - Force Skills & Meditation as well as any relevant conversations
Training w/ Durro - Sparring With & W/O Weapons

Whether Tesara, Durro, or Astra have similar "regularly scheduled" things like this is up to them, but it's something they ought to keep in mind.
Durro Thel-Tanis — 05/24/2022
I like to just blanket bonding time under "free time".
TBH, I am surprised Mike is being this pedantic.
It was not an issue aboard the Jupiter 1 and has not been on Gungnir until now.
I can be really specific, but I feel it should be all or nothing.
Also, the girls wake at 6am and meditate. Durro does his personal training before that.
No I do not think Mike will get that pedantic, but for purposes of fairness we should be aware that our characters are expected to rotate cooking and cleaning.  Making an actual schedule for this is silly.  I just wanted to put it in writing that we share chores.  Similarly, cleaning/tidying any non kitchen areas where needed.  Yes, Haj class times are in the evening after dinner I think.
What I need from Durro is a list of the classes and who is TA'ing what as well as a list of ship maintenance and IF he wants certain people to be assigned to them.  I want to be clear that I am not trying to be that specific, but many of you have military training as well as sci-fi knowledge that I do not.  When creating my original schedule I didn't include ship maintenance simply because I did not know what would need to be done and was later teased about it.  >>Glares at MIke
TheTraveler — 05/24/2022
The issue isn't with me being Pedantic.

This has come up in game several times. Who is teaching who what.

Truthfully, i don't care. The problem raises when i have to deal with, "well i wouldn’t have done this" or "i would've done that"

Almost all of you are guilty of this ?

So to prevent further misunderstandings and wrong assumptions, you (primarily) the teachers and instructors) need to put down what we are teaching, when and to who.
?
So what does maintenance have to do with that? lol
You brought up maintenance, Mike.
TheTraveler — 05/24/2022
Did I? Or was i reflecting in game a player actually thought about it lol
Well you pointed out with a roaring laugh that Haj was the only one doing any ship maintenance.
When I assumed it was being done in the background, just like with Durro's shuttle.
hit me out of left field as I have NO military experience, NO ship experience and NO sci-fi experience so I was utterly unaware that Tesara would be expected to do anything but now that I AM, I want to make sure she does her fair share
We also never really established how many droids there are on board and their functions.  We know Handyman and we know Gungnir.
And there are some practice droids for battling I think
TheTraveler — 05/24/2022
@Players of New Horizons

Here is the reason why all this is important to me.

There are traditionally twenty four hours in a day. There are duties that come with the ship. Like navigation, repairs and such. Teaching, cooking and such are also being included. Characters have to rest.

So you players have hard decisions to make. For example, if Durro and Astra are Teaching who is navigating the ship? If they are navigating, who is teaching?

You may not like it, but these questions have to be answered.
I agree with you.
TheTraveler — 05/24/2022
And this is a question i have to answer cause you the players have added Droids to the ship. So i have to decide what are they and how many of them there are.
TheTraveler — 05/24/2022
@Tesara Anerin @Durro Thel-Tanis  you two feel free to remove any other non-productive posts.

Please continue
I introduced four training droids and a droid quarter master. Hardly hanging myself.
Haj — 05/24/2022
"if Durro and Astra are Teaching who is navigating the ship? If they are navigating, who is teaching?"

Durro actually addressed this. He said that's why he has TAs, to step in while he is navigating or is called away on other "non-teacher" ship's business. The problem comes in that the navigating shifts are 10-12 hours, at least as far as my memory goes. And that's ... a lot. It means exhaustion, or no time for anything else unless and until there are other navigators willing to step in. Which is why we kept the girls on board, again, if memory serves. To only now find out that they are having serious problems with it, after getting from Wrklnz to Origin and back ... seems ... odd
TheTraveler — 05/24/2022
Two things:

1) the girls always had issues with navigation. In fact one actually died from. This is the reason why (i assume) Durro hasn't had them navigate (yet)

2) TA's are good. But what is being taught? I find it hard for someone like Astra or Haj to teach the girls how to be calm and not allow thier emotions run away with them.
Princess Astra Korraay — 05/24/2022
Yeah I thought the navigation shifts were only 8 hours not 12 and even then that leave Durro and Astra constantly navigating
TheTraveler — 05/24/2022
Which is a really good point.

If there is no navigator controlling and guiding the Gungnir, the travel time increases by 2d6 hours per jump (1d4). This also adds a %5 per day chance of break down on the hyperdrive
Hey guys this is a BIIIIIG deal.  If only Durro and Astra can do this and they are the only two, that means the two of them are on and off every 8 hours, leaving little time for sleeping, eating or doing anything else functional.  MAJOR problem!  I will be able to level up and put a skill point in to Farseeing to be able to help but I won't level up for at least another 3-5 sessions.
Yeah it is a huge problem  I believe that's why the girls were expose to be helping with the navigation shifts as they were able to navigate as well.
But apparently that's totally out which means in reality nether durro or astra get much time interacting with any of the girls because they are navigating.
TheTraveler — 05/24/2022
Hence this thread and getting you guys to answer the hard questions.

You may treat this thread as both OOC and IC.

Ask me anything you need to help bridge the gap
Looking at the navigation schedule as is Durro and astra are not even getting time to eat so this is a high problem
TheTraveler — 05/24/2022
Up to this point, nothing in game will change. It will be assumed that what ever you decide here is how it has been since Origin.
Except for the fact that the girls are not helping navigate correct?
Haj — 05/24/2022
I thought they helped GET us to Origin. Am I wrong?
Yes the girls saposidly have not been navigation at all
OK so I have an idea, but this will be up to Durro.  Can we request the girls for each day do one  ONE hour shift to cover meals and breaks?  I feel like asking for 1 hour isn't too bad.  It would allow Astra or Durro to get up, stretch, eat, nap, then go back in.
TheTraveler — 05/24/2022
This may sound harsh, but going forward, i am not worried about anything prior to Origin. Only going forward and what you the players want to do.
Ok that makes much more sense
I could see them considering that
Or we may just have to drop the ship out of hyperspace more frequently
I know in the books when ships navigate in the unknown regions they do drop out of hyperspace for several hours at a time so the navigate get brakes.
But Mike also said this:  If there is no navigator controlling and guiding the Gungnir, the travel time increases by 2d6 hours per jump (1d4). This also adds a %5 per day chance of break down on the hyperdrive
When I say dropping out of hyperspace I mean completely dropping out of hyperspace the ship is sitting still not moving it would have to drop out of hyperspace like this to change navigators anyway.
I might be a dingbat here, but doesn't that require us getting back into hyperdrive which is likely what would put the strain on the drives?  I feel a little silly - NO idea if that's right but I am operating off what a vehicle does.  Shifting gears too hard or too often puts strain on the transmission, ne?
Hen e why the shifts are so long but it actually can't be helped because you can't switch navigate wail the ship is in hyperspace except for the worm hole leading origin
Also the hiperdrive was not handling the small jump by jump method we were using
Haj — 05/24/2022
When last we left our intrepid crew, they had finally agreed that they couldn't agree on anything
?
Lol
Yep at this point we're kind of sitting and waiting until Durro is available.  I know his world is a little crazypants.
TheTraveler — 05/24/2022
In my head conon, i can see all of you around a table on the Gungnir waiting. Each of you doing something to bide the time.

Elsewhere, Durro meditates alone.
Haj — 05/24/2022
Haj was last seen chewing the main console on the flight deck, being driven slowly insane by boredom and having to sit still
(this is the player being a smartass, BTW, and not to taken as canon)
Nopw the console now has to have Haj's theater marks lol
Astra is drawing sumthing probably a bird lol
theater marks?!  >>le confuse
Teeth teeth marks lol
Ahh
TheTraveler — 05/24/2022
Don't worry, its not you. Lol @Princess Astra Korraay said she was power of me lol

kisses love you kitty
Haj — 05/24/2022
What was that about hijacking Tesara's thread? ?
eyes @TheTraveler
Lol
TheTraveler — 05/24/2022
I was at work and just got home. I am going to give my thoughts on the entire conversation after my last post, even if some of it is out of date.

First of all, this is not solely the players' fault. I have not "hanged myself" with the rope Talon gave. Many of these issues were addressed at the time they came up. By me. I was given answers then and they were satisfactory at the time.

Starting with the droids; Due to,
1) Talons post (screenshot provide)
2) The Professor's IC droid charity
3) The fact that the Gungnir is designed for a crew of about a dozen at minimum (see the source material)
4) The fact that the Professor travelled "alone" (with Handyman) until we came along
All led me to believe that the Gungnir is crewed and maintained by simple droids (no personality, not 'characters') and that we were 'crew' in the sense we signed PK's contract and are helping fight Malora. We were not 'crew' in the sense we were needed to keep the ship flying (though we could certainly help). If I was wrong about that, I am sorry. But only the most pedantic GMs make their players specify all maintenance they perform behind the scenes. Like with Durro's shuttle, I assumed any work needed was done as needed. Again, if I was wrong, that will be fixed going forward. Though it begs the question how the hell The Professor and Handyman managed before we came along.

As for navigating, I have a few thoughts.
1) Origin is in the deep core, as per Mike. Once the Gungnir left the Chaos (the Unknown Regions) navigation would have been as simple as anywhere else in the galaxy and easily handled by navicomputer. No Force-navigation necessary. If for some reason we did need to drop out of hyperspace 'to rest' without a navigator, being in the Core we should have easily been able to connect to the Holonet and get updated news and Galactic Events.
2) I do remember it being assumed at first that the girls were navigating. Mike said more than once that they could only do so for 2-3 hours at at time due to being kids. I do then remember at the end of the session where we officially headed off to Origin we were told the trip would take 2 weeks. I mentioned the girls helping and therefore having 'round the clock navigating, and Mike making it clear OOC (and saying it was clear IC) that it is dangerous for the girls to navigate and one of them died doing so. Durro then decided to spare them and I asked OOC if that increased the travel time. Mike said no, so I assumed the girls just lessoned our load and that without them we would have to work longer/harder. The trip then took 3.5 weeks, but that could just be because of stopping to rest. Which then means we should have updated galactic news, but I digress. Regardless, Mike has said he was operating under the assumption that the girls were not navigating and that if they were, it would change their characterization. So, they never navigated; full stop.

There were miscommunications on both player and GM side, and while I am not opposed to us working it out IC let us not pretend it was us just not thinking about it. I have asked these questions before and was given answers at the time. It is not my fault those answers are no longer satisfactory.
Ok
We do still need to finger this out so relisticly how long are Durro and astras navigation shifts?
One 10-hour shift per day for each of them. Rotating morning or evening.
That is what was said before and so that is what I am going with. Once we have this IC meeting, that will change (now that Durro has the authority to change it).
Ok
The I suggest you start the meeting
I do need Mike to determine whether we had to stay in Hyperspace all the way to Origin (and if so, whether it was by navicomputer once we left the Unknown Regions or whether we had to navigate the whole way) or whether we got updated galactic news when we dropped out of hyperspace in the core.
That was already determined in the game once we entered the wormhole it was stable and we were not able to drop out of hyperspace befor origin we also did not need a navigated to navigate it. Up until we reached the nedula.
Was that said? OK, I missed that.
So the whole 'navigating' issues pertains our return to The Chaos. Not our trip to and from Origin.
That makes sense.
Yes felin said that and it was told to us by the player and we reached origin
Princess Astra Korraay — 05/25/2022
Wail astra is wanting on Durro she turns to haj. " You won't believe what the handyman said about you," She said. @Haj
Durro Thel-Tanis — 05/25/2022
Are we having the IC meeting here? Or are we starting a new thread?
Haj — 05/25/2022
I thought @Tesara Anerin said it was a hybrid channel for both IC and OoC conversations so that it all got squared away in one place. It was my understanding that the IC convo was going to happen once we got some OoC scheduling details cleaned up. Are we at that point? I
I believe so. I was going to start a thread this morning, but time got away from me. In fairness, it is my first day off in six days.
To be clear, this meeting is being had the same day the girls talked to Durro about their schedule. I do not remember how long they were away before that happened, but I know it was not long.
Haj — 05/25/2022
I concur to all that. And while he was away talking to the girls, Astra was with HM. So her starting the conversation while waiting for him to arrive makes some linear sense, though I honestly expected it to be its own IB so as not to muddy the waters.
It should be its own IB. I understand saving space, but this thread has a lot already. The IC discussion should be its own thread. If Astra wants a few moments before Durro arrives and kicks it off properly, then that is fine. I will let her start it. If everyone is involved though, then the meeting should be on the bridge. Because somebody needs to be on duty at all times.
@Princess Astra Korraay
Haj — 05/25/2022
And since that's where you left Haj, on duty, meeting on the bridge makes sense.
See everyone in a new IB ?
Yeah Durro can start it I was just trying to get things moving and Haj sigested astra tell her what handyman said lol.
Haj — 05/25/2022
Teachers Meeting IC channel now flight-deck-discussions
All IC convo has been moved over there. We can come back here for OOC discussions, if necessary
Ok