The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Astra finds love 6/27/21
10-24-2021, 01:51 PM,
Astra finds love 6/27/21
TheTraveler — 06/28/2021
@Astra  Korraay
Astra  Korraay — 06/28/2021
Astra smiled they are definitely intorestion things I can feal the Dooku crystal calling me" she said.

An uneasy look crossed her face. I guess it does but I would no know where that crystal is" she said.

Astra chuckled. " your to funny. A girl could get use to this hair" she said starting at him.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/28/2021
He nodded, "Legacy Crystals are pretty rare artifacts. Both as a symbol and as a link to the past."

He sighed, "well, the last one to yield Lord Delphinium's Crystal died some five hundred years ago." He paused and thought carefully on the question. "I bet the archives at the Royal Palace would have a clue," he suggested.

He smiled, "yeah so could I," he admitted.
@Astra  Korraay
Astra blinked" they probably would though I would not know what to do with one once I fount in im not even sure what to do with Lord Serenos" she said.

Astra smiled. " I take it you like me" she asked a smile on her face.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/28/2021
The last question shocked him to a point of blushing, "well...um....."

He blinked retreating from the question, "you know, you are still listed among the Jedi Order. It wouldn't be abnormal for a Jedi, in the course of her duties to be doing some research."

He motioned to her Jedi robes, "I doubt you even need to show a chain code walking in to the Royal Palace."

Still unable to hide the flush of his face, he continued to desperately ignore her question. "As for the legacy Crystals, I will speak with Master Thoin. He has one from his family."
@Astra  Korraay
Astra smiled " yes but sent I listed as dead" she said grinning at the blush. She had thought if she got closer he would fall from his chair.

" are you sure it's a good idea to get your master involved" she asked. A seresos look on her face.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/28/2021
He motioned to her arm, "if you didn't have an active Chain Code, you wouldn't have been granted access in the lift."

He waved her fears off with a slight smile. "I pulled the records, Astra Korraay Dooku is in fact dead. But you have a sliced Chain Code."

He nodded and lowered his voice, "pretty good one to get past Jedi Security. Which means you can walk in to the Royal Palace as a Jedi and find the archives."
TheTraveler — 06/28/2021
@Astra  Korraay
"  well your quick," she said with a grin. She thought for a moment. We could go looking together." She added
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/28/2021
He nodded, "well, we could if you wanted to have me around."

He smiled, not realizing he was blushing. "You know, if you had Delphinium's Crystal, you could claim Authority over the Prime Minister."
@Astra  Korraay
Astra stared at him. " I could what? " she said.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/28/2021
He blinked, "well some families use their Legacy Crystals as dominion over the rest of the family." He thought  long, "I don't recall the Delphiniums, as my research only focused on Lord Baklid, well Lord Delphinium and his own legacy in terms of Force Traditions."

"But I do know that there are some out there that do," he explained.
@Astra  Korraay
TheTraveler — 06/28/2021
As Quinn enjoys his soup, he can't help but watch Astra across the table. His mind wonders back to her question, and he can't help but blush the more he thinks about it.

Then he notices it, beyond the glimer in her eyes, and the radiant smile. She was, to say it simply, beautiful. And he couldn't stop seeing it there. Right before his eyes.

He wondered if she knew. How could he tell her? If she knew the truth, what would she do? He didn't want to embarrass her. He rolled his eyes as he thought, 'what if a mess up again.' But worse he couldn't just ignore it either.

Finally he realized that he had to be bold. If not for his own well being for hers. He slowly and cautiously rose slight from his chair as he started to lean across the table.

He eyes slowly closed as he preyed upon the Force to not fail in this.

His eyes barely closed as he locked his eyes in to hers. "I..." he said then his mouth froze with fear. He became panicked, but her smile quickly calmed his nerves.

He reached up to guide her the rest of the way. "I...." he said once more.

he reached up with a napkin and wiped away the bit of her soup on her cheek as he said, "I noticed you got a little on your face," he finally said, then set back down.
@Astra  Korraay
" so your saying if I have control of Lord Delphiniums crystal. I could possibly take over the government of Baklid with very little opposition and put and end to the camps" she asked.

Astra stared at him. "What was that about?" She thought she was quite confused.

" Quinn you are adorable. Is that really what you wanted to say" she asked.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/28/2021
He smiled, "well, kind of." He motioned to his cheek, "you did have a bit of soup there."

He laughed, "you should try the Ewok Bites." He smiled deeply, "okay their not real Ewok, but honestly I don't think I could ever taste the difference."
" What is with everyone and Eating Ewok? I don't know why but something about eating Ewok always felt wrong. Am I crazy? " she asked. She shook her head and looked over to Roza.

" so do you really think your master can help with the Legacy, crystal, or at least answer some questions about them " she asked
TheTraveler — 06/28/2021
He laughs deeply, "clearly you have never enjoyed Ewok!" then suddenly he frowned, "well truthfully, neither have I. But this stuff, so I am told, is really really close." He picked up a bit of honey dipped Ewok strip with his fork and offered it to her. As she decided to taste it or not, he shrugged his shoulders, "I mean, I don't see why not."
Astra smiled and tasted it. " You are funny" she said after chewing and swallowing her food. she could not help but smile at him he was just to cute. It still felt wrong to eat Ewok but she would eat it to make those around her happy.
She smiled at Quinn " So whats was your favret thing to do" She asked.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/28/2021
He leaned back in his chair and thought for a moment. Then opened his mouth and closed it again. He frowned, "its um.....silly..."
Astra smiles " it can't be any worse the running into trees" she said with a grin. She would never let him live that down.
TheTraveler — 06/28/2021
He sighed, "you would be surprised." He paused a moment before continuing, "dancing...My father ensured that I can dance. And what can I say, I am pretty good at it."
Astra blinked she had only danced with Sol a hand full of times. " That's not silly I use to enjoy danceimg but..." she trailed off and a sad look crossed her face. How manny dances could they have had if He had lived.

" I'm sorry im ok just got distracted. I enjoy drawing. " she said finally.
TheTraveler — 06/28/2021
He smiled at her trying to be understanding. He could see in her eyes what she was going through and understood the pain. "Its okay. There is nothing wrong with being distracted." He held her eyes for a moment. "I would love to see them one day, your art that is." As the sun was starting to reach down to the horizon, he motioned, "you know I should be getting you home soon."
Astra look to the sun. "Yes I sapose so you will need rest im guessing they still make Knights Attendee classes or study" She said with a Smile.
TheTraveler — 06/29/2021
He smiled, "as a Hunter, I have more freedoms than the everyday Knight."

He glanced around the Cafe and admired the large room filled with Jedi. He returned his attention back to her, "can I ask you, um personal."
@Astra  Korraay
Astra  Korraay — 06/29/2021
" sure what is it" she asked.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/29/2021
He leaned forward on the table, "your vision," he said. "Your daughter, what did you really see in her," His eyes were soft as he spoke.
Astra blinked confused. " I don't understand" she said.
TheTraveler — 06/29/2021
He thought carefully as he leaned back in his chair before speaking again. "So if I had a vision of my death, I would think I would want to avoid that."

He paused and thought once more, "so if that vision of my death, led to something great. Well then, I have to wonder should I avoid my death."

He leaned forward once more, "so I wanted to ask. The vision of your daughter. Did you like the woman she grew up to be?"
Astra blinked " yes? But I still would prefer to be part of her life " She said tentatively.
TheTraveler — 06/29/2021
He nodded, "remember what I said about Master Thoin and his view on destiny. So many Jedi believe in free choice and that is good."

He took his fork and moved some left over peas on his plate. "Here is how I see it," he isolated four of the peas. "If we have a vision granted to us by the Force, than we can choose to follow the destiny that has been laid out before us or choose to try to change it. But then what if our attempts to change it are what actually allows for those events to come to pass."

He continued to play with the peas, "I mean, its really complicated if you think about it." He finally looked up at her, "and you, with your gift, its even worse I guess cause your visions are more clear, more....um well, you know...."
@Astra  Korraay
" are visions not saposs to be clear" astra asked after a long moment.
TheTraveler — 06/29/2021
He laughed, "I suppose you wouldn't know. But for us," he said with a smile as he playfully mocked himself. "normal Jedi without such a gift, visions are horribly vague."
TheTraveler — 06/29/2021
@Astra  Korraay
Astra thought, thank smiled. " I wish I had visions like that" she said jokingly.  The a series look crossed her face. " so what your thinking I should just let myself be killed? I dont understand what your trying to say. "  She asked. She was so confused. Didn't he like her why wou she want to see that?
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/29/2021
He sighed heavily, "okay so before I became a Hunter, I was a Cadet at Coruscant's Academy."

Astra had heard stories of the Cadets from the Coruscant Academy. Those lucky few children who's future had truly been forged in the rarest and most valuable of materials.

He smiled, "well you ready know that. So we were always taught the importance of free will, and to let go of attachments."

He frowned, "it has always been a lesson i struggled with. Even after Master Thoin took me under his wing. Master Thoin believes we all have a destiny to fulfill."

He looked at her, "so if your destiny is to have this daughter whom you are proud of, yet to have her like that means not being in her life. I mean, what if changing that future ruins the woman Roza grows up to become. Where does your free will come in to play?"

He leaned back as if to ponder the question. "Could you, or for that matter anyone let go of their own life if they know the outcome would be okay."

He touched his chin and thought a bit harder on it. "You said you were taken from your mother. However the end result was you found a man who became like a father to you. If you were to go back in time and change that and be with your mother, you would sacrifice knowing a man you love and respect." He caught the assumption and corrected, "well I mean as a father."
TheTraveler — 06/29/2021
@Astra  Korraay
Astra just stared at him. She felt hurt. " I dont understand at all" she said. She bissyed herself with Roza. How could she have let the Quinn in at all? This was a mistake and what she got for trusting another man.  It was definitely wrong to even consider the fact that he was attractive.

" no I would not want to chance my past. As much as I want to love my mother though im still angry with her. " astra said finally.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/29/2021
He saw the change on her face and frowned deeply. "I am sorry, I didn't mean to upset you."

He nervously played with his hair, "Lord Serrano had been a legend at understand destinies and the seeing future." There was sadness in his voice. "I was hoping you could help me understand through his teachings."

He looked down, ashamed at even bringing it up now. "As I said, I have always had issues with dealing with my attachments."

There was something left on his lips, unsaid. A grief she couldn't help but notice. More to the conversation than he was telling.
@Astra  Korraay
She looked at him seeing what there was something he needed to say. " What are you trying to say. All you doing is confusing me My master may have been good at understanding Destinies but I never picked it up. Hell im not even sure being attracted to you is ok" astra said shaking her head.

She had to quietly admit to herself she did like watching him play with his hair. " your not the only one that struggles with attachments you know" she said gently reaching out and taking his hand in hers. " what is bothering you Quinn, how can I help you" she said. The look on her face made it clear she cared for him.
@TheTraveler@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/29/2021
He sighed heavily, "its Roza," he said then adding, "your roommate."

"When my Master found out that she was to assigned to Olavan for her training to the Service Corps, he approached to reach out to her."

His eyes welled up, "I didn't like it. At the time, I had this, um, well, bad feeling. But I didn't listen to it. And now she is dead. And ever since you told me, I find myself in turmoil over if her death was because I didn't say no. If not for me, she would still be alive."
TheTraveler — 06/29/2021
@Astra  Korraay
Asttra stood up coming around to his side of the table. She put a hand on this cheek brusting hhiis hair back as she did so. " it was not your falt. There's a chance she was killed because we looked alike. I feel it may have been connected to Olvan give what you said an out the knight that killed herself when you were. Looking for the map. But I dont really know. " she said gently. Before pulling him to his feet and into a hug.

" I think if she were here she would forgive you. If it was. But there were bounty hunters after me around that time and she had asked me to die her hair red." Astra added.

" Maby we can find out what really happened. Is there a place outside to meditate we could ask the force" she said. Knowing there was a good chance that it would fail. But many they could find a place to star looking for answers.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/29/2021
He watched her as she stood up and walked over to him. He leaned his head in to her touch and felt a sense of comfort from her.

"Ever since you told of her death, I keep asking myself if there was something I could have done differently to change her fate." His tears ran down to her hand.

"I know its stupid, and I wanted to understand what happened, but I was afraid," he confessed. "And now...." he trailed off.

"I have tried, to find her to understand but I keep finding a world, a desert world in my visions," he said softly. "I'm sorry," he said pulling away.
" what question were you asking," she asked confused.  She wiped his tears from his face. " let's see if we can find a place to start and then we con go from there. Perhaps when your master gets back it would be incredibly stupid to go up against that bounty hunter without him. Or at least another master I know what this individual can do " Astra said.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/29/2021
"In the past, I wanted the truth of Roza. I never knew she was dead. So the Force showed me a desert world."

"I used to think it meant that was where she was. That didn't make any sense cause i knew Olavan doesn't have any deserts."

"Now I know that she is dead, I don't have any idea what it means."

He laughed, "I don't think you understand how important catching Thel-Tanis is to my Master. He doesn't even care about the Darksider."
Astra shook her head. " I dont Think Thel-Tanis is who your master thinks he is" Astra said she wished there was a way to convince them to leave Durro alone.
" the only way we are getting answers about Rozas death is to find the bounty hunter responsible. He is able to mess with peoples minds. Which is why I say it would be dumb to go after him alone" Astra added.
TheTraveler — 06/29/2021
He smiled broadly, "well I am an expert in mind powers," he said with pride.

He motioned her to follow, "come on, let me get you two back. I don't want to anger you nanny," he jokingly said of Tesara.
"My Nanny oh... She is not my Nanny she is my friend but she would totally love some cute boy talk" astra said smiling. As she got Roza and followed him. " I'll get to see you again tomorrow" she asked.
TheTraveler — 06/29/2021
A server came up and handed him a plain to go bag with two white boxes inside. He smiled and thanked her.

"I ordered this for you," He said handing her the bag. "Its cheese cake. I hope you like it. I got you two, for you and Tesara." There was a playful smile on his face.
@Astra  Korraay
" that's very kind of you Thank you" she said with a smile. Though she felt he had avoided her question. " but you did not answer me you know tesara is force sensitive and has a crush on one of the hire ups in sunco many we can convince them to help us find the bounty hunter" she said.
TheTraveler — 06/29/2021
He smiled, "I didn't ignore your question." There was a clear sign of playfulness in his voice as they walked to the speeder.

He helped her and made sure everything was prefect before getting in and taking off. "Just make sure you eat, your Cheesecake"

He then leaned over, "I promise its not any Ewok or like product."
@Astra  Korraay
Astra blinked " have you been reading my mind this entire time" she asked.
TheTraveler — 06/29/2021
He laughed, "no, I have taken the Won Tra Oath."

As he drove the speeder back towards the Summer Palace. "It prohibits me from reaching  in to someone else's mind without their consent."
TheTraveler — 06/29/2021
@Astra  Korraay
Astra looked at him " What exactly can you do" she asked very interested.
TheTraveler — 06/29/2021
He smiled, "I can tell great jokes" he laughed.  He looked at her, "What do you call a boomerang that won’t come back?"
@Astra  Korraay
She smiled and shook her head. " that's not what I meant. But what do you call a boomerang that wont come back. " she asked humering him.  She had wanted to know what exactly his he could do with his special gift.
TheTraveler — 06/29/2021
He leaned over slightly and spoke with a even tone, "a stick."
She giggled shaking her head" ok you going to answer my actual question now. What exactly can you do it's not just the emotions of an individual you pick up is it? She asked.
TheTraveler — 06/29/2021
He shifted uncomfortably, "its really something I don't talk about because when someone what I can do, they tend to not hang around."

He frowned, "Roza knew." He said then added, "she found out the last time we ever spoke," he said then trailed off
" I promise you will not scare me away. My life has already been crazy I dont think you could scare me off if you wanted to" she said.
TheTraveler — 06/29/2021
He tried to hide that, I already been told that look. "Its not that." He smiled to her, but she felt his nervousness. "Look, lets just say, unless I am actually on a hunt, my powers are checked by the Oath."
She turns her head sideways " why are you so nervous" she asked confused.
TheTraveler — 06/29/2021
He frowned as he watched the traffic. He breathed in a reluctant sigh of surrender. "So, I have been tested at level five."

Astra had heard rumors of some very gifted Jedi having strong focus on particular powers. Most of those had only tested at level four, which was on par with most Masters of the order.
" at level five! That's amazing how did it go im guessing you passes" she asked. Now even more interested. What exactly could he do that oriented a level five test.
TheTraveler — 06/29/2021
He nodded, "yeah that was before I graduated from the Academy."

He was starting to feel more and more nervous. They always ask to see some test of his gift. Then the fear sets in, and they vanish without a trace.
" Quin what exactly are you able to do and are all your family members like you?" she asked.  What was bothering him so much?
TheTraveler — 06/29/2021
He shook his head, "no not all my family." He answered still trying to avoid a clearly uncomfortable conversation.

"In fact, I was the only one in my family," he added hoping she would pull back a bit.
"Quin what's wrong, why is this topic so uncomfortable for you? What has happened that you would want to hide " she said considered. She reached out and put a hand on his shoulder. " Quin I understand if you want to change the subject just know you dont need to hide anything from me I won't think any different of you ok" she said gently.
TheTraveler — 06/29/2021
He frowned, "I told you," he said dropping the speeder at the front door of the Summer Palace. "I also said it was something that I was really uncomfortable talking about."

He suddenly regretted telling her about it. He frowned, "look I am sorry," he said softly getting out to help her out. "A side from this, I hope you had an enjoyable time," he said letting her out at the front door of the Summer Palace.
" of course I did. Im sorry I made you uncomfortable" she said a sad look on her face. " I guess this is good by, have a safe trip home" she said.

Boy did she feal stupid for messing this up. " oh well, he is a hunter it's probably dangerous for him to hang around anyway. " will I get to see you again" she asked before he could leave. She would not blame him if he never want to speak to her again.
TheTraveler — 06/29/2021
He tried to recover from the recent conversation, but it was hard. She was Roza's best friend. No one knew better how Roza felt for her than he did. He closed his eyes as she said her good byes. It was probably for the best, he wasn't good enough for her anyway. He powered up the speeder, "Please be well," he said calmly and softly. As he rose the speeder off the ground, he heard her call out about seeing him again. Before he could stop himself, he yelled back, "Let's see if its in the Cheesecake!" On that he blasted the speeder in to Balkid's night sky.
Astra dropped her head disappoint and headed into the summer palace.