The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kindres Spirits-Tesara & Pacey 6/27/21
10-24-2021, 01:52 PM,
Kindres Spirits-Tesara & Pacey 6/27/21
There were many things that Tesara was weak at, but being surprised wasn't one of them. Coming from a lush jungle world, being surprised often meant being dead.

Even more than that, being a trained Force User meant surprising her was a feat that was difficult at best.

So no one would have blamed her for feeling stunned when Colonel Pacey did just that.

He caught her leaving the meeting and didn't waste his time, "I used to be like you," he said seemingly coming from no where. "Feeling like everyone should be doing everything humanly possible to save every living being."

He nodded as he strode up next to her and matched her pace. "I used to believe that way," he restated.
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara Anerin — 06/27/2021
It did surprise her just a little, but mostly because she had so much on her mind.  Her heartbeat quickened but she willed it back to normal.  “It’s a noble thing to strive for.  Is every living being not worthy of at least trying to save?”  She said, continuing to walk.
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He frowned, "you think no one wants to save them," he asked but didn't give her a chance to answer. "On a small level, sure it works. You grow food, at the end of the season, you have some extra. So you give some to the people down the path. But next season the people from the neighboring village needs help too."

He looked over to her, "when do you put your family's needs ahead of others?"
@Tesara Anerin
She was quiet a moment.  She wasn’t sure how they had distanced themselves from the others, but they were alone. She thought about it for a moment. “The village I grew up in was small.  We took care of each other. If there was a need, we all did as best we could to fill it.  There were times when we could not.  But we functioned as a large family-like unit. When we could not provide four ourselves, sometimes neighboring villages assisted. When they were in need, we reciprocated.  We were not in it to make money.  In fact, there was no such thing.”  She said, sounding a bit wistful.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He nodded, "sounds alot like my own homeworld before the Quazzie came and in slaved my people."

He looked down as they walked, "they forced my people to mine and forced them work till they fell. Some tried to fight back."

He turned to her, "ever try to fight a force that mastered space flight?"

"Those who fought back were massacred," his frown deepened, "their only mistake was attacking SunCo's shipping lines nearby."
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
@Tesara Anerin
“Quazzie?”  She asked. She had not heard that name before.  “And no, there was a man who crash landed on my planet that I met later and he and I left together, but no. My planet was never attacked. I know I was extremely lucky. I pray it is still true.”
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He nodded, "where I come from. If not for SunCo, there would not be any order or peace. Out in Wild Space, there is no one to turn to when your world falls under attack."

He drew in a deep breath, "the Quazzie were ruthless pirates who enslaved a number of worlds before SunCo destroyed them."

He turned to her, "don't get me wrong, I don't fool myself. I know SunCo is all about profits. But there are rare occasions where SunCo decides to do something rather remarkable."

He sighed, "which is why I am disappointed in how you and your friends received the gesture. Twenty five hundred families is a sizeble investment for us. And a risk, I don't think you understand. And yet you want more," he said softly.
@Tesara Anerin
She stopped and faced him.  “For that twenty five hundred I AM grateful. I’m sorry it seemed like I wasn’t. I truly am.  Those 2500 families are extremely lucky. But it is like the monsoon. Take 2500 buckets of water from the river and 500,000 more fall until it washes away everything.  It just feels hopeless.”  She swallowed.  “And the prime minister doesn’t give a damn. It’s…” She paused, looking away, struggling for control over the helplessness.  “I fear that even with a hundred SunCo’s wanting to help it will never be enough.  It’s overwhelming.”
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He reached out and touched her shoulder softly, "tell that to the twenty five hundred families who now have a hope for a future."

"You are right, it is a monsoon and you can't possibly get all of them out of the river. But if we save those whom we can, then we do."

"I have seen hundreds of men like the Prime Minister. Regardless of what comes of him, these people, who we saved will have a future."

"And that is what you have to focus on," he said.
She looked at him, noticing how all the tattoos on his face seemed to move on their own. But that was silly. Of course that wasn’t happening.  “Yes. I know I should focus on the good.  But the river is so strong.”  She said quietly. She liked him, and that was fascinating and a little worrisome. She was aware his hand was still on her shoulder. The urge to step back was strong, but she willed herself not to move.  “I wish this could be solved with a simple answer, but there simply isn’t one.”
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He pulled back and sighed slightly, "the waters raise and fall with the seasons. Creatures are born and die. You are powerless to save the animals from the forest fires. This is no different, the Prime Minister is a force beyond our control right now."

He looked at her with a soft gaze, "the fact that Lady Loran is allowing this endeavor is a surprise to me. But your Mistress, Lady Forma seems to have her ear. Which we should be grateful for."
Tesara sighed a little.  “That is true. All I saw of her was a hateful, shallow person full of power. If any of that power can be used for good, I will be grateful.  Ava is good. I’ll stand by her.”
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He laughed, "well at least your judge of character isn't broken. I have seen Lady Loran walk away from dying people without a second thought."
“What happened to her to make her so cold and cruel?”  She sighed.  “ I suppose I’ll never know. I’m just glad I don’t have to deal with her any more than is absolutely necessary.  Even Mrs. Pounds irks me.”  She smiled a little wryly.  “How did you come to be where are you are in this company?”
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He smiled, "as I said. Our enslavers made the ill-fated mistake of attacking SunCo's transports."

"I will never forget the day we watched the sky turn to fire. It was like watching angry Boonu swarming. At first we thought that another more power slaver was coming. Or at least that is what the Quazzie told us."

He laughed, "we turned on our former masters and murdered them, to the last being."

He turned his eyes up to face her once more, "we faced this unknown force with fear and hope. They promised to help protect our world, if we would agree to help them to hunt down the remaining Quazzie and then later help them protect their ships and facilities in the region."

He smiled fondly, "who were we to reject such a request. I enlisted the earliest I could and worked my way up the ranks."
@Tesara Anerin
She watched him as he spoke, saw the fire and pride in his eyes. She didn’t know what a Boonu was, but she could make a guess.  “How old were you when you enlisted?”
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He smiled as he thought of her question. "My people's life times are not the same as humans," he said softly. "Let's just say, I was a Colonel long before the Loran Family fought a violent war of dominance over the Company."
@Tesara Anerin
Surprise lit her eyes. “You’re not human.”  She said, more like she was speaking to herself rather than him.  “What is the name of your race? Your tattoos…they’re much like the warriors have on my home planet.”  Then she realized how old he meant and her eyes widened further.  “Oh!”
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He smiled and nodded, "we are called the Hur'Chanii" He motioned at the tattoos, "they are for us warriors. So many of my people have joined SunCo's Security Force. We consider it a life debt owed by our people to our saviors."
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara nods, familiar with the practice.  She points at the strip of small blue spots from the bottom of her lip down her chin.  “These are for similar things, to mark my hunting and tracking skills, so I understand.  I’m sorry if I came off as ungrateful, Colonel Pacey.  Thank you for coming to speak to me.”
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He looked confused, "you are leaving?" He looked around as if searching for someone who might be waiting on her. "I was hoping that you were free for a longer conversation."

As if an attempt to extend the conversation, "its not that you came off ungrateful. Its more that you came of blind to what was happening right before you eyes." He made a sidestep allowing her to leave, if she wanted to.
“N..no…I assumed you had somewhere to be and…I wasn’t blind!  Unaware of several of the outlying factors but not blind.  Information is key to understanding the possibilities.  Thinking outside the box…these are things I am good at. I am a fresh set of eyes and those eyes cannot be blind.”  She felt slightly indignant.
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He laughed softly, "outside the box?" He looked at her with a big smile, "What way can you think of, in getting the Prime Minister to free these people? Have him make peace with the people he wants to destroy," his tone was level and calm. Though that hint of laughter on his lips showed the lighthearted way he addressed the topic.
“If he wanted to destroy them why didn’t he simply kill them? It is taking government resources to feed and house them, and that seems odd for a man who is known for dealing with his enemies more efficiently.”  She eyed him.  She liked his laugh but it felt a bit condescending.  “If the best way to defeat an enemy is by wiping them out, why hasn’t he?  Not that I want that to happen!” She added hastily.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He frowned as he watched her face and eyes, "I think the issue is two fold. First, the Prime Minister is an idiot. He only gained his rank because of his blind support for the former King. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it ran much deeper and darker than that."

"Second, I suspect that the moment this Darksider Hunt is over, he will. Right now, there are so many Jedi in system that he dares not cross that line." He walked over to a near by tree and leaned against it. "In sending the Jedi on a wild goose chase to Baklid 2 will ensure that the Jedi remain on Durro's trails for just that much longer." He smile as he shook his head, "I never considered Ava that much of a planner, but her move bought those people a few more weeks or maybe even a month."
(((Are they now in the garden?)))
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
((Sure they are lol))
She joined him near the tree. In the sunlight, his features were more well defined. He looked strange in a suit, but not bad, just odd.  Then again she’d look odd in a dress so there was that too.  “Ava is very good at planning. Sometimes she is three moves ahead, while I am still left gaping at the first move.” She smiled a little.  “I can see some of the outcomes of her ideas being good, and others having long term consequences that could be problematic, too.  I wish the Queen were here to continue with her plans.  I believe she was onto something with the treaties.”
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He nodds, "the Queen was too trusting. I know Ms. Pound warned her several times of leaks within her inner most circle, but the Queen believed in a persons inner goodness" He frowned, "that caused the death of her unborn child and her current situation."

He sighed, "the Queen's path was foolish. Peace at all costs, is a fools mission that would only lead to disaster."
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara blinked, the back of her neck prickling.  “The Queen had someone betray her?”  She asked in a rush.  “Do they know who?”  Her mind raced, thinking of Astra and little Roza.  Colonel Pacey didn’t know who Astra was.  If there was a person on the inside that betrayed the Queen, that person might also be hunting down Astra. She chose to ignore the jab about peace at all costs being a fools mission.  “I saw the Queen when she was here at The Summer Palace, still pregnant. She was being guarded by several people.”
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He shook his head, "No, which is why Pound demanded that all former staff be removed. Well expect for the gardener. She always suspected that he was hiding something. But nothing that meant us harm. Which is fine, I suppose." He gave a nod to her last comment, "yeah she was guarded night and day. But we couldn't get our people close enough to rescue her." He tilted his head slightly, "truthfully, I know Lady Loran liked the Queen, but I think that Lady Forma will do better at ending the conflict here."
Tesara was disappointed that he didn’t know who the spy had been, but it was important information that she had now had that she could carry back to the others.  “would you be against someone trying to continue with the treaties that the queen had begun?” She asked, curious
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He looked at her in concern, "did you miss my statement about Peace at all costs?" His mind raced how to say what he wanted to say, "you know that doesn't work, right?"
She sighed. “I heard you.  if the Prime Minister were no longer in power, and someone of the delphinium royal line were to come forward, they might try.”
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He sighed heavily, "I know your type," he said trying to be kind. "You want peace. You want an end to war. And yes, those things are noble. But do you even know why each side is fighting?"

He slid down the tree and rested, "I remember the first time the Queen returned home. It was Pound who set up the meeting in secret. It was my first meeting with her. She hated coming back to this world, and honestly I don't think she really wanted to remain. Her great plan was to dissolve the Government and the Royal bloodline. And yeap that could work if done right. But she didn't want to do it the right way."
Tesara sat as well. “What is the right way?  Because you’re right, I do want peace and you’re right about me not knowing why each side is fighting. All I know is that people are dying, and it hurts to see and know it.”
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He looked to her, "kill this current generation and the previous ones. Let the next generation to grow up forgetting about who and what the war was about." There was a cold truth to his statement. "If you don't, there will be hold outs who will ensure that war and suffering continues." He frowned, "This war on Baklid has been going on for almost a hundred years. The Queen's Grand Father started, her father continued it, and her brother poured fuel on the fires. Both sides hate each other and will do anything to kill each other."

He looked up to the sky, "but I don't think Lady Forma will take that path. Her school idea is the next best thing. Get the next generation and start to educate the hatred out of them."
She exhaled, closing her eyes for a moment.  She could feel the warm earth under her, feel the plants and flowers, feel the sun and wind on her skin.  She focused on her breathing.  She could sense the force wrapping around her like a cloak.  It felt mournful but comforting.  Somewhere inside her, despite the pain, she knew that his words held truth.  After a moment, she opened her eyes.  “It would be so much easier to believe something else.”  She swallowed.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He let of a slight laugh, "the realm of shadows and lies is Ms. Pound's world. I visited there a few times and wasn't pleased with what I saw." He turned to look at Tesara, "I prefer the world of truth and facts. And the facts are simple. There can be no peace as long as the two sides still hate each other."
She sighed.  “ I do prefer truths instead of shadowy misdirection. I just …feel through the Force. It wants me to help but I don’t know how. So I take one day at a time and just try to do the next right thing.”  She looked down at her hands.  “I want to fight the evil but….it feels like there is evil everywhere and that it’s not that black and white either.  My Mother used to say that everyone believes that they are the good guys.”
She looks up at him again.  “What is your first name?  It feels odd not knowing it.”
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He nodded, "call me Jack." there was a dry smile on his lips. "As for fighting evil," he laughed again, "look no further than Ms. Zara Eady. Have you ever seen the expenditure reports she makes us fill out. That child makes me account for everything. I once broke a shoelace, and she made me fill out an expenditure report to get a new one!"
Tesara looks at him, stunned.  “You’re joking!”
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He frowned, "just wait," He motioned back to the house, "she is setting up your expenditure reports as we speak."
“That sounds ominous.”  She said.  “ and here I was thinking I needed a new pair of boots. Will I have to fill out an expenditure form for them?”  She grinned.
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He nodded, "if you want the Company to pay for them."
“Nah, I’ve got some credits.”  She knocked on the soft  leather of the boots she wore. “And I’m not good at filling out forms.”
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He laughed, "It is a well known fact in my headquarters team, that who ever pisses me off on any given day, gets to fill out the Expenditure reports for that day."
She smiled at his laugh. It was a nice sound.  “Note to self, do not sign up to be on your team, and do not piss you off.”
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He laughed, "I am pretty easy to not piss off. Do your work, don't fuck up, and don't drink from my damn coffee cup!"
“Oh I was amazed the first time I drank coffee.”  She nods.  We didn’t have it where I grew up. “Only tea.  Am I being awkward?  Sinya says I make things awkward.”
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He shrugged, "I don't believe so." "Sinya" he said thoughtfully, "If I remember correctly, that means Darkness in Ryl."
Tesara sits back, relieved he didn’t say she was being awkward.  “Probably. She’s…unique.  I’ve met a lot of unique people in the last couple of years.  Never thought I’d meet a Queen, either.  I just wish I knew who betrayed her.”
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
"Well I never thought I would have met a Force Sensitive Servant," he said softly with a smile.
Tesara’s mouth quirked in a smile.  “Servant is a very broad term.”
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He nodded, "we are all Servants to someone more powerful. Or something else."
“True. But now you’re in command of an army and people serve you. I serve Ava but more so the Will of the Force.”
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He laughed, "I still serve Lady Loran and SunCo. And you as well serve Lady Loran and SunCo through Lady Forma.
She groaned. “Don’t remind me.  If she returns here I’m going to find somewhere else to be as quickly as possible.”
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He laughed, "she isn't that bad. You just have to earn her respect," he tried to explain.
She pinned him with a look. “She calls the native Baklid people animals.  She….”  She stops herself.  “I’ll never earn her respect as she will never see me as anything but an animal, even though I’m not from Baklid.  But, she’s not here right now. Ava is.”
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He nodded, "true, just as she called my people animals." He gave her a smile, "It was a long road, but we have more than proven our loyalty and earned her respect. Serve with honor and pride, and you will too."
“Even if you think I’m a hopeless dreamer?”  She asked wryly
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He laughed, "well it will give you something to dream about other than trying to make these people hug each other and sing campfire songs together."
She raised one eyebrow at him. “I’m not THAT bad.”
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He shrugged his shoulders, "hey, I call them like I see them. At least earning Lady Loran's respect is something you can achieve. Where the other one is hopeless in its truest form."
She sighed. “You’re determined to make me try and get someone’s respect who isn’t even here. Why? I have Ava’s trust and respect. Isn’t that enough?”
“I understand I haven’t done anything to make YOU  respect me. But that is something tangible I can work on.”
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
Once more he shrugged his shoulders, "you have my respect." He gave her a smile, "I don't want to toss you out the nearest airlock."
She snorted a laugh.  “Thank you?” She grinned. “Note to self number three, do not get anywhere near an airlock while Jack is pissed.”
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He laughed, "okay, fine your turn. Why serve Lady Forma. There are a number of Outer Rim Academy's that would have taken you in. Even possibly making it to become a Jedi Knight. Or at the very least join their Service Corps. Then you can help all the people you want."
She looked surprised.  “Never even heard of them.”  She said.  “ and I’m not fond of some of the ways the Jedi here operate and how they think. I can be a Force Adept and not strive for knight. I do have a lightsaber and had a teacher, but I chose Ava because she is the one I met first. And I like her.”
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He shrugged, "I don't dislike the Jedi, but I don't envy them either. They have a shit job that they don't even get paid for. Most of my experience with them has been with their Service Corps. I guess these are the guys and gals that don't make it to become full on Jedi Knights or those secretive Hunters."

He waved his hand around, "these poor kids have to swoop in and make nice with people who would rather cut their throats. They carry out missions to help worlds grow food, heal the sick, and what ever these kids do with the Force." He turned to look at her, "I can't tell you how many times we were sent to worlds to protect SunCo's assets only to find out that a Jedi Healer Ship or one of their large AgroShips have fallen victim to pirates or some local warlord." He paused as if remembering something. "It was my second or third mission for SunCo. A warlord had captured a SunCo freighter and we were sent in to liberate it and its crew. During the mission, we found a group of these Service Corps kids that had been kidnapped as well. One girl was so broken she begged to be," he paused a moment. "Well lets just say, she was given a respectful burial in space."

He shook his head, "no, I don't envy them.
She was silent a moment after he finished speaking.  “I bet they made the pamphlet look really appealing.”  She said quietly. “Exactly like my dream of how things should be. And then the brutal truth happens.“
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He shook his head, "after you rescue a few of these groups you start asking them questions. Like why the fuck do you do this?" He leaned back as if not being able to understand something. "I mean their ships don't even have any real defenses." Then he turned back to her, "you know what they said. Each and ever one one. its the moral thing to do" he said mockingly. "Fuck that, moral thing my ass. They might as well paint large ass targets on their ships." He paused a moment and pulled out a credit chip, "so money wasn't something my people knew anything about before SunCo liberated us. But you know what we did know." He shrugged his shoulders as if giving up an argument in his head. "well I didn't know at the time who they were. But we knew the value of a trained Jedi Healer. Get your hands on one of them and you can ask your price in Wild Space."
Once again she looked surprised.  “My mother was the village healer. She taught me herb craft and other medical skills. I was being trained to be the village Yilsaani before….”  She paused, not wanting to go there yet.  “I know how to heal through the force. I just haven’t had cause to use it much.”
Nova’s is the one with the medical kits, so anytime there was need of healing, she would be the one to take care of it.
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He nodded, "my mother was taken from me at a very young age. I never knew her. My father taught me how to kill my enemies." He paused a moment, "when I was on the eve of manhood, I was given my first Quazzie. I will never forget the look in his eyes."
She sat back and watched him.  “How quickly did you do it?”
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
There was no emotion in his eyes as he spoke, "the cut was quick and how I was trained. He bled but death wouldn't find him for another few moments. I remember thinking at the time if this one Quazzie had taken my mother. If he was someone son, or brother. I remember thinking how much I hated him for being on my world." He turned away from her, "the Quazzie are no more. Their world left lifeless by SunCo. They were a blight on our region of space. And when I earned my first command under SunCo, I had to see with my own eyes their world. I landed in the middle of one of their larger cities. Or what was left of it." He acted like he was reaching in to the dirt, "I pulled up some of their dirt, or ash. I don't know. I still have it with me, back in my room."
She frowned.  “Were they in the Baklid system?”
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He blinked, "what? Who?" then his mind seemed to click, "the Quazzie? no no. They lived in my region of space back in Wild Space. Unexplored by the Republic. Far far from here."
“Ah. How long ago was that?”
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He smiled, "I can assume, long before you were born." He looked back to Tesara, "you understand why we are so loyal to SunCo now?"
“Yes, I do. And despite my desire for peace, I can understand why you did what you did to the Quazzie.  And I understand the efficiency of how you will deal with other threats to SunCo.”
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He nodded, "SunCo Security has a simply Moto. Deter Aggression. When Deterrence Fails, Destroy Them All." He didn't look at her. Instead look up through the trees, "The message to most Warlords is well received. The cost of attacking us is normally more than they wish to consider. Most of the times, SunCo ships can go where other ships, including Jedi can't safely go."
She considered this.  “SunCo has a greater presence in the galaxy than Argos then?  Are they reaching into the wild space for more possible resources?”
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He looked thoughtful for a moment, "SunCo and Argo have been rivals for as long as I have worked for the Company. But the Galaxy is too heavily regulated for them. So they have moved beyond Republic space and in to the Outer Rim and beyond. There are worlds where we are the law and order." He laughed, "now that can be fun."
She was surprised again.  “You’re the sheriffs of the outer rim? That’s…a huge job! I had no idea…”. Her mind was racing.  “are all of these planets that you protect heavily occupied?”
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He waved his hands, "not on every world. Just a few who has contracted with SunCo for that role." He smiled and nodded, "some are. but there is this one world in the unknown region or wild space," he thought, "I think its near Dathomir. Lovely little world, has like maybe twenty people living on it. They asked us to patrol their world. So we do. There is this little old lady. Well she was a young girl when I first met her. But she made the best cookies you could ever try."
“And those worlds in turn provide SunCo with valuable products of different kinds?”  She was getting excited now.
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
"That little farm world?" he laughed, "Not really. Every once in a while the Company does something out of the kindness of their heart." He looked at her with a serious look on her face. "Each week, a patrol ship arrives at that little farming village to collect our contracted payment." He held up three fingers, "Three dozen of those wonderful cookies." He smiled at her. "And SunCo's flag flies over head. That has ensured that the pirates keep away."
Her smile brightened.  “That’s so sweet.”
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
"See, kindness of their heart," he said with a smile.
“Thank you for answering my endless questions, Jack.  Most people don’t have the patience for it, but I can’t help myself.”
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
"It was my pleasure." He gave her a nod, "well after all, we are kindred spirits."
She felt warmth on her face and prayed to the spirits it wasn’t too obvious.  “Yes, we are.”  She stood up and smiled at him.
“See you at the next SunCo meeting.”
TheTraveler — 06/27/2021
He nodded, "I will be there." As she started to walk away, "oh just to let you know. Ms Pound is bringing in some extra security. So you will be seeing some new faces around the palace."
she turned then nodded.  “Thank you for telling me that so that I don’t see an unfamiliar face in a hallway and assume they are an intruder.”
She tapped her hip where her lightsaber was