The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reckless acts of kindness 3/29/22
05-07-2022, 05:35 PM,
Reckless acts of kindness 3/29/22
Haj — 03/29/2022
Hadaza searches the village for Naziel. She finds the young woman making preparations for the incoming storm.

"Naziel," she says in basic, "I need your help. There are children on board our ship who are alone and, likely, very scared. I need to get to them. Can we take your mount?"
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 03/29/2022
Naziel helped two other villagers as they were moving livestock in to a nearby barn as Hadaza approached. She turned to greet the offworlder.

"No," she said shaking her head. "Wide are the storms and dark. One doesn't travel when a storm approaches."

@Haj
Haj — 03/29/2022
Hadaza helps with the livestock, in an attempt to hurry the chore and to continue to plead her case.

"With respect, Naziel, I  understand. But what if they were your children out there? Would you leave them?"
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 03/29/2022
There was a brief exchange between the locals as Naziel appeared to explain what Hadaza was saying.

After a short laugh between the two men Naziel turned back to Hadaza, "your um ship, is weak to the wind and sand?"

"Our children learn early when the wind and sand blows, how to hide and wait," she blinked her eyes in confusion. "Even my offworlder brother learned this."
@Haj
Haj — 03/29/2022
Frustration crosses the Zabrak woman's features.  "No, the ship is not weak to wind and sand. And you are correct - your children  may learn what comes naturally to your environment. These are offworld children who know nothing of what is to come."

She sees one of the creatures that Naziel was riding is in the barn. "If you won't help me then I will help myself. Just tell me if I can make it to the Gungnir before the storm hits," she says as she strides over to the animal.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 03/29/2022
One of the men laughed at the conversation he clearly didn't understand, "these offworlders know nothing of the Winds and Sands." The words spoken in a language Hadaza didn't understand.

Naziel waved them to silence, "the spirits only know when the Storm will come. They warn us of its approach and expect us to take action."

She cut Hadaza off from her trusted Mount, "you will not take Lozzi in to the wind and sand. Like you should, he knows better that when the skies darken, to come home."

@Haj
Haj — 03/29/2022
She can feel herself start to burn with a self-possessed fury. "For faen!" she growls in Dathomiri, then sighs as she tries to reign in her exasperation. She forms her hands in the shape of a triangle at her midsection. Respect, she reminds herself, is the watchword here .. for them both

"I will not take Lozzi, Naziel. Is there another mount who can traverse the distance safely? For, you are correct. I do know better, for myself. But these are very young ones who know nothing of this place or what is to come. And they have no one to explain it to them.  While I'm sure you are right, they would ride it out in safety where they are, they have no one. There is more than physical harm that will come of this, which I can prevent if I leave now."
TheTraveler — 03/29/2022
A powerful gust of wind rushed through the protected valley, blowing over a nearby wagon.

One of the men motioned, "she is fearful of the wrath of the Spirits," the other added in agreement, "she fears their judgment."

Naziel turned half to face to two men, "offworlders don't have spirits like we do. She wouldn't fear our spirits," Naziel turned back to Hadaza but kept speaking in her native language, "she just doesn't understand. In many ways, she is but a child."

Naziel changed her voice to be more soft and her languageso Hadaza could understand her, "fear not, worry not. As much as the wind blows, and sand throws, you are safe here."
@Haj
Haj — 03/29/2022
Hadaza closes her eyes at Naziel's words. There is simply no bridging this gap. Slowly, as calmly as she can muster, she says, "Thank you, Naziel. I do not fear for myself. And, as you say, the children are as safe as if they were in our arms."

She sighs, "But they are not. They are alone. The oldest one is believed to have only seen 9 seasons. The baby is but 5. I am grateful for your knowledge and wisdom, but the longer we stand here discussing this, the shorter the time grows for me to get to them."

Another outburst hits the village. She turns to all of them, pleading in her eyes. "I know what it is to be apart against the darkness. I cannot do that to them. I also cannot make the distance on foot. Please help me," she begs.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 03/29/2022
The two men waved their hands at the stubborn offworlder as they continued their work. The gust blew pushing their clothes about.

The gust was so strong that Hadaza had to lean in to the wind, less she lost her balance.

Naziel shook her head to Hadaza's pleading eyes, "it is but wind and sand." She paused and added, "the danger is being out there and not in shelter."

She rested a hand on Hadaza's shoulder, "they will be safe. You will not if you go."

@Haj
Haj — 03/29/2022
A haystack explodes near Hadaza. "I have wasted precious time, I see", she says coolly.

She turns to leave the barn. In the doorway, the sand stings her face and bare arms as the wind whips her, almost, from her feet. She pushes through the onslaught, intent on her mission despite Naziel's warnings. Through the habūb, she can see there is a mount that as yet to be unbridled from its tack. She bolts to the animal, bestrides the creature, and takes flight towards Gungnir.

@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 03/29/2022
(OOC: please take this moment to review your scout special abilities and survival skills. You will need to have a strong understanding of them going forward)
@Haj
Haj — 03/29/2022
(((OOC - noted - @TheTraveler see your DM for review)))
TheTraveler — 03/29/2022
Hadaza, driven by desires of selfless service, she leaped up atop of the mount and bolted as voices behind her cried out in a language unknown to her. A few attempted to stop her, but she wouldn't be stopped!

Bolting from the safety of the village, Hadaza searched the area for signs of the right direction.

(OOC: Survival, DC 10)
@Haj
Haj — 03/29/2022
TheTraveler — 03/29/2022
Finding the trail was easy as she turned the mount and started to head to the mouth of the valley. With each passing meter, the winds grew in strength as the sand hit her bare, uncovered flesh. Her skin turned red as tens of thousands of individual pieces of sand washed over her.

The mount let out a cry of displeasure but still pushed forward towards the mouth of the valley and the open desert.

@Haj
Haj — 03/29/2022
She knew that she would owe the people of the village a debt. She would ask Tesara and Astra to help heal the animal's wounds, assuming, of course, that it survived. The cost was worth it, even unto her own skin.

She drove them both onward, eating up meter after meter. Her skin, now raw with abrasion, caused her to hunker down on the animal, looking up only to gauge the storm's progress and her own.

Time has no meaning. There is only determination and pain. Bloody and exhausted, both woman and animal eventually spy their destination, the outline of the great ship before her. The intensity of the storm obscures the final distance she must travel, however. Jaw clenched, she is unable to look up for long lest the sand take her eyes in addition to her flesh.

She doesn't know when those nine little lives came to mean so much to her. Oh yes, you do!, comes the thought. It was when you saw your blade cut the life from a small, blue-eyed Padawan.

She kicks the mount to spur it on, hellbent to reach them.

@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 03/29/2022
Hitting the edge of the valley's mouth, Hadaza's mount burst in the open desert with all the speed she could cox out of the large two legged creature. Its head bent down against the wind as she drove it forward.

Once more the creature let out a cry of pain and she had to fight back her own scream of pain as the full force of the storm hit her broadside.

Within minutes at full speed, their were well beyond the protection of the valley. Hadaza was hoping she could follow the trail back to the Gungnir. A quick glance behind her, and she couldn't even see the valley anymore. All that she could see was the brown whirling sandstorm that was yet to arrive!

(OOC: Survival "tracking" DC 15)

Storm continued to grow in violence. The force of the wind nearly toppled the creature under her.

(OOC: Ride Check DC10)

The sand hit her with so much force that she couldn't help but scream as her bare skin took the assault without protection.

(OOC: Fortitude Check DC10)

@Haj

For Durro, the storm had yet to unleash its full furry on him. He quickly searched for a mount and couldn't find any of the smaller, faster mounts used by the hunters of this village.

Instead he found a large six legged creature with thick fur and even thicker hide.

Searching around, Naziel rushed up to him. "Your friend, the one with the horns," she said motioning over her head. "She has become sick with death. She took a Raptor and ran for the desert." She pointed towards the mouth of the valley.

"I tried to stop her, but she went on about children and ships," Naziel tried to explain.

Durro noticed her apparel. Thick leather clothing, with equally thick cloak, head gear, and even crud eye protection. Even dressed as these villagers were, he could tell they had zero desire to brave the Storm. Not even for Hadaza's sake.

He couldn't help but wonder what they knew about the storm that he and the others didn't.

@Durro Thel-Tanis
Haj — 03/29/2022
Haj — 03/29/2022
Her screams are lost to the howl of the winds. Sand blasts itself into every crevasse of her body, burrowing its way to her soul. Her mount buckles. It is sheer force of will that she keeps it upright, though for how much longer she has no idea. She will never survive if it falls. She keeps to the trail, even as it disappears in the gales and granules that cover everything, including her.

Still, she rides. She prays to the new Guardians that the gypsy woman introduced to her. Great Mother Goddess, AllFather, grant me the strength to see it through.
@TheTraveler @Durro Thel-Tanis
Durro Thel-Tanis — 03/29/2022
"I'm going to assume she didn't dress for the weather!?" Durro's voice rose to overcome the growing wind.

"Do you have any facial protection!? Goggles, something to cover my face and head!?"

He is grateful he is still wearing his civilian attire. The thick leather duster and canvas vest will be immensely helpful in protecting against the blowing sands. He rummages in his bag for the breath-mask; good thing he never unpacked this thing like he intended.
@TheTraveler
@Haj
TheTraveler — 03/29/2022
Naziel frowned as she nodded, "She was dressed as an offworlder." There was nothing else to be said on the matter.

She turned and spoke to her fellow villagers and a few of the larger males came forward and offered up their own thick garments and protection.

She gathered up the offerings and turned to handed them over to Durro, "you shouldn't go, but I know your eyes and know that you won't listen." She motioned if Durro wanted her help in getting the new outfits on.

@Durro Thel-Tanis

Pressing forward, Hadaza braved the storm. The path she had to follow, luckily, didn't take her directly in to the storm. But it would take her close enough.

With each step forward, visibility continued to fall as her eyes were starting to suffer the effects of the storm.

Her heart rose as saw a large shadowy structure ahead. Feeling that the Gungnir was close at hand, she charged forward.

Her heart sank as the structure came in to view. About a hundred meters away, she stood in the shadow of a large rocky mountain.

The wind continued to drive and shed more flesh from her body.

(OOC: Fortitude Check DC15, 1d4 Wound Damage from the blow sand)

Checking the ground once more, Hadaza searched for the path she needed to follow to the Gungnir

(OOC: Survival "tracking" DC 20)

@Haj
"I am listening; I know I shouldn't go!" Durro gestures he would be glad for the help. "I shouldn't go, but I will. I must."

Once he is dressed and mounted, he turns to Naziel.

"Tell them I said thank you, from the bottom of my heart."

Goading the creature forward, he makes his way as quickly as he can into the desert. He knows there will be no trail to follow; sand is fickle enough without a storm blowing it all around. Instead, he reaches out with the Force, searching the familiar currents for Hadaza's familiar presence; intending to follow the Force's guidance directly to where she has ended up.
@TheTraveler
@Haj
Haj — 03/29/2022
The storm is too much. She is losing sight, skin, and her way, but she can't stop now or it will kill her for sure. There is nothing for it. She made her choice, against the advice of those who know better. Even prayer, it seems, cannot save her now.

She would reach for the amulet around her neck if she thought it would help, but she knows that it won't and, worse, it would cause her to lose her hold on the Raptor below her. She needs all her strength to cling to the creature for as long as they both hold out.

She recognizes the looming shape of the mountain before her and knows she must change course. It's only a vague memory; she prays once again that it is enough to steer her towards the correct destination

Screaming to be heard above the din, however fruitless the attempt, she shrieks her wordless plea to the sky.
TheTraveler — 03/29/2022
The wind blew hard causing the mount to let out a scream, but Hadaza couldn't hear the cries of the beast. It stumbled forward and fell.

The fall hit Hadaza hard as she let out a scream that was suddenly replaced by a mouth full a sand. Even closing her eyes to the storm didn't seem like it was enough.

Hadaza couldn't feel her legs but she knew she was laying on her side. She reached over and felt the beast laying mostly on top of her. The last thoughts Hadaza had were her wordless pleas to the sky and the storm that was consuming her.

(OOC: @Haj has lost conciseness and can not act in her own survival)

Reaching the edge of the valley, Durro quickly realized why the locals would not come out in the storm.

Visibility was near nothing, the wind was driving and the sand was brutal even on his protected body.

(OOC: Fortitude Check DC5)

Reaching out to through the Force, Durro searched for Hadaza's presence in the Force.

(OOC: See Force DC 15)

Still, it was going to be a test of everything that he knows about survival if he and Hadaza were survive this.

@Durro Thel-Tanis
(See Force - Take 10. Result - 26 (because of +10 to Force Abilities on Origin).)
@TheTraveler
@Haj
Durro feels like a skadaasian in its shell with all the leather, and just as protected. While the occasional irritating grain gets through, he can tell the thick leather is taking the brunt of the storm leaving him to only deal with the driving wind. His vision is nothing but swirling sand, he can hear nothing but the grains pelting his armor and goggles, the feeling against his duster akin to thousands of needles driving into him though they cause him no pain. It is like swimming in a hurricane, but the driest swim he has ever had.

"What in blazes were you thinking, Hadaza?

He does not have to ask; he has a pretty good guess. She likely had the same thought he had; make sure the girls are safe. She probably tried to call the ship and was worried about getting nothing but static.

"What good will her attempts at heroics do if she gets herself killed?"

The irony is not lost on him; though at least he came out here prepared. Well, as prepared as he can possibly be.

His mount moves doggedly forward without complaint; its thick fur and thick hide making it nearly impervious to the sand blasting. It moves slowly but steadily onward, following his guidance to where ever they are going. As the beast follows him, he follows the Force; he can feel Hadaza's presence ahead, as well as feel the danger she is in.

"I'm coming, just hang on."

He understands why nobody was willing to accompany him. He wonders again if there's more to this storm than they let on. Not that it would have deterred him; Hadaza is out here and much less protected. If the villagers would not help, he hopes at least their gods will. While the Jedi had no use for gods, put no faith in such religious practices, he has seen enough in the last year or so to believe there is a grain of truth in legend. The Ship of the Dead seemed real enough; who else but gods could have made such a thing? What did Hadaza call their primary deity? The All-Father?

"Allfather, give me strength." He smiles wryly to himself. "Showing me how to manipulate the elements like these people wouldn't hurt, either."

Hopefully, the All-Father is in a generous mood. He presses on, making slow but steady progress through the driving winds.
@TheTraveler
((Edited to include information I had forgotten. ))
TheTraveler — 03/30/2022
(OOC: @Durro Thel-Tanis before going forward, I need to know what other Force Powers Durro are activating during this scene.)
Durro Thel-Tanis — 03/30/2022
((( Move Object to try and create a shield for them but purposefully pulling sand around them; leaving them at the center of a vortex. In an 'eye of the storm' kind of deal. I had in mind he would try that when he finds Hadaza, but if things start getting overwhelming he will try it. He does not understand that the elemental bending is spirit-based and believes it is just another take on using the Force and that any one (even he) can learn it. He is actively 'listening' to the Force (Sense) to detect any deadly danger before it is upon them. Depending on the 'mood' of his mount, he will also use Telepathy/Empathy to try and reassure it and keep it moving forward. )))
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 03/30/2022
(OOC: anything to enhance your dex, str? Anything to enhance your senses? In short are you buffing yourself?)
((Yes. I thought I had said that already, but I do not see it; aside from earlier when he is 'using the Force to enhance and fuel him'))
((Take 10 on those skills, with a +10 for being on Origin.))
((Edit: That is a total of 30 for Enhance Ability and 27 for Enhance Senses))
TheTraveler — 03/30/2022
(OOC: okay, make sure you update your vitality for these powers. I will start on my post now)
TheTraveler — 03/30/2022
The winds blew hard against Durro forcing him to hold on. The mount doggedly pushed forward despite the first cry of frustration.

Leaning heavy in to his seat Durro could feel the winds and sand pushing against his very will. Despite his best efforts, the choas of the storm seemed to challenge and push him to his very limits.

The small leather mask with two cuts, offered little protection against the storm as it raged.

"All father, give me strength" Durro uttered to himself.

His mount cried out in pain as it stumbled and fell to the side.

(OOC: Reflex check DC 15 to avoid being caught under the mount)
@Durro Thel-Tanis
((Remember, he is also wearing a breath-mask from his bag.))
((That accounts for his Force-enhancement; I added the temp. modifier.))
TheTraveler — 03/30/2022
Leaping hard as the mount fell, Durro hit the sand hard. Drawing hard on his Jedi training, he tucked and rolled without taking damage from the fall.

The sand on the other hand was another thing. The wind blew hard.

(OOC: Fortitude check DC10)

Moving to assess what happened, the large beast continued to cry out in pain as its leg was trapped where the sand had covered a large hole. The creature's blood was already coating the sand. The leg was broken and the bone had ripped through the sand.

Was it his eyes playing tricks or maybe a creature in the storm, but Durro thought he saw something. Obscured by the sands, all he could tell was it was some kind of bird creature. But through the sounds of the Storm, Durro heard its cry as loud as thunder.

"Durro," he heard in a very familiar voice. "Don't fail, less she'll parish!"
@Durro Thel-Tanis
((Can he identify the voice?))
TheTraveler — 03/30/2022
(OOC: @Haj fortitude check DC15)
His heart goes out to the creature; he reaches out with the Force to bring some measure of peace, to ease its suffering. He knows he cannot heal it, but perhaps he can alleviate its primal fear. ((( If he feels he can safely free its foot without causing further harm, he will use 'Move Object' to free the beast. Taking ten and on Origin, that gives him a 38.)))

"I'm sorry my friend."  He says aloud, though his voice is lost in the driving wind. "I wish there was more I could do."

His gaze is caught by a shape in the blowing sands. An illusion, or something actually there? It appeared avian, whatever it was. Its cry breaks loudly through the storm, which surprises him, but not as much as the voice that follows.

"Durro. Don't fail, less she'll perish!"

"I'm doing my best!" He thinks.

All he can hear is the roar of the storm, the pelting of the sand on his armor, and his breath echoing in the double-masks he is wearing for protection. He reaches out with the Force for Hadaza's presence; he does not need the Force to know she is injured, she was far less protected, but he can feel in the currents flowing around him that she is in more danger than he initially realized. The cold specter of Death hangs between the two of them; though Durro is confident he can save her from walking the decks of that cursed ship just yet...

Following the invisible line connecting him to Hadaza, he tucks his head, plants his feet, and doggedly continues onward.

"All-Father, give me strength."
@TheTraveler
Haj — 03/30/2022
TheTraveler — 03/30/2022
@Haj painfully regained her consciousness. Her very first sensation was pain of such an unbelievable nature that she screamed out uncontrollably.

Her exposed skin felt as if it had been sand blasted from her bones. This wasn't far from the truth, as her body rested in a small pool of her own blood.

Her second sense was her inability to move due to the her dead mount laying on the lower half of her body. Her right leg was pinned and her hip appeared in a very unnatural way.

Her left leg was laying helplessly over the side of the mount.

Her weapons and gear scattered to the sand out of reach.

The storm raging around her suddenly didn't become her most serious threat!

The hissing sound of what could only be a snake drew Hadaza's attention to a much more serious problem.

The five meter long snake coiled back scanning Hadaza and still determining if she was food or not. It currently was two meters away from her slowly coiling around it's self while its head hovered over its body.
(OOC:  @Haj you will take 1d6 wound damage from the fall under the mount. You couldn't move to prevent this as you were knocked out. No other rolls are required at this time.)
Haj — 03/30/2022
Wound level now 5 out of 14
Haj — 03/30/2022
Her initial shriek had abated, taking with it most of her reserves. Haj now groaned softly, abiotically. She lay, helpless, death on all sides. She could feel the Great Shade, First of the Gods Below, coming for her.

Nei! Du vil ikke ha meg så lett, Død

Gritting her teeth against the ceaseless torment of the storm, she stretched her left leg, trying to determine if the fall had broken her back. Agony rocketed through the now raw skin on her exposed limb; a good sign that she wasn't paralyzed.  She couldn't continue to lay there, not that she had any choice.

Or did she? It was sand, after all. She couldn't move her pinned hip. But that didn't keep her from being able to twist her right shoulder and arm, trying desperately to burrow into the sand under her. If she could  get low enough, she could pull out from under the downed Raptor. Or use it to shelter herself a little.

She found her serpentine acts mirrored by an actual serpent. As the ophidian slithers closer to its prey, she picks up a handful of sand and tosses it uselessly in the general direction of the predator. She can see the butt of her blaster just out of range. Knowing that's the better option, she stretches to the full length possible, and then some. The act draws her awareness to what she assumes is a broken right hip. Any lamentation is lost; she no longer has voice to cry out her anguish and rage, not that anyone could hear her.

"Óðinn, beskytt dem", she whispers as she closes her eyes for what, she is resigned to accept, is likely the final time.
TheTraveler — 03/30/2022
Pushing in to the winds and sand is as much s test of will as a test of personal strength. Nonetheless, Durro pushed forward, one foot at a time.

The echo of Qui-Gon Jinn's voice ringing in his ears.

The winds pushed Durro to his knees as the full strength of the storm fell upon him and @Haj

"Master, does the Force belong to the Jedi," Durro’s memories flashed across his mind.

"Of course not," an elderly voice echoed in his memories. "Force Traditions are as old as the Galaxy it's self."

Digging his hands in to the sand to stabilize himself, he could feel the sand making its way through his protective layers.

Doubt started to creep in to his mind and heart, she is already dead. Nothing could survive out here.

Durro turned back as he heard his mount letting out its final death cry. He couldn't help but be surprised at how few steps he had taken and yet the storm has made the beasts cry almost muffled.

(OOCBig Grinurro Will Check DC15)
"No, she's still alive. Against all odds she clings to life; I can feel it."

Still following the invisible link to her, he pushes forward as best he can his thoughts swirling like the wind-bourn sands around him.

"These people control the elements like we control the Force itself. Yet surely the power comes from the Force and not sprits, just like the River People spirits are how they view the Force."

"I've been called both 'The Tree' and likened to a storm, bringing both death and new life. Either element would be supremely useful now."

"All-Father, show me what I can do!" Durro screams mentally into the storm. "Give me what I need to survive, to rescue the one trapped out here!"

He pulls the Force tightly around him, channeling its power and attempting to either force the sand to swirl around him (leaving him alone), or the wind to do likewise, leaving him free to move unbuffered. He continues following the Force towards Hadaza regardless.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 03/30/2022
@Haj

Tossing the sand at the snake was as much useful as splashing someone with water while they stood out in a hurricane.

The snake hissed at her, showing a mouth full of razor, flesh ripping teeth. As it showed its teeth, two long fangs extending allowing her to see what was waiting for her.

As she reached out for her blaster, the snake moved through the blowing sand like a lightning across the open sky.

Long before she felt the pain, the snake had coiled back.

(OOC: Hadaza, Fortitude check DC 15 against poison)

@Durro Thel-Tanis pushed forward with a renewed determination to save the woman at the end of his Force Tether.

"You have all the training you need, young Thel-Tanis," an elderly voice echoed in his memories. "Trust in the Force but also in yourself, youngling."

Pulling the force in tightly, he couldn't stop the storm but he could make it bearable till he reached her.

He could feel her presence in the force writhing. Each painful step forward meant something to him, and he wouldn't be stopped.
"I'm coming." He thinks, over and over again. Hoping she feels it, hears him somehow. "I'm coming, just hold on. Hold fast."

His world shrinks until nothing exists outside of himself, his Force-fortitude against the storm, and the woman at the end of his quest. Nothing else matters, nothing else exists. Drawing on the Force for strength, for guidance, he pushes on as quickly as he can without overdoing it. Time is of the essence, he knows. He must reach her and quickly.

He can feel his strength sapping; the sand is finding a way in and it scratches, burns, makes each step painful to take. His muscles, though fueled by the Force, are starting to scream. Though still calm, he knows that pain can be a source of strength.

"This isn't like them." He thinks. "Pain is a natural part of life. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

He welcomes the pain like a friend, inviting it in, thanking it for alerting him to his suffering. "I WILL overcome."

Drawing on his pain, he crushes it and sends it through his muscles as fuel. He will not be beaten. He will persevere, overcome. He draws deeper into the Force, feeling the overwhelming presence of life here. He draws on it for strength, for stamina, like drinking deeply from a cool refreshing stream. Though here, it is more like drinking from a river, the Force is so... pure here. He presses on, unsure of where he ends and the Force begins; his entire universe one of swirling sand and mortal danger at the end of an invisible line.

@TheTraveler
Haj — 03/30/2022
She doesn't even feel the strike. The venom enters her blood, driving fire through her veins to match the searing torment of her flesh. Every thought is One. Next. Breath. The mantra is her only lifeline.

She thrusts her essence into the aethers, to her family, her beloveds, her Beloved.
She smiles as she dreams of their children.

Fevered imaginings wander to the Seer's hut. In the reading, the position of Earth is the Star card.
"The Great Mother Goddess welcomes you home"

Respiration comes slow and shallow.
One. Next. Breath.
There's no more pain.
Just. Take. That. One. Next. Breath

TheTraveler — 03/30/2022
@Durro Thel-Tanis

There comes a time in each and every man's life when he must face his maker.

Durro reached out and felt the life around him and was shocked to find how much the storm was alive with creaturea.

And then in that moment, he felt it! Like a snap against his hand, he drew back with surprise. He felt that tether snap and Hadaza's loss.

Be it his own strength giving out or the force of the storm knocking him to his knees, it didn't matter. Durro's knees hit the sand hard. Worse he felt his heart sink.....

With the storm tightening around him, Durro pulled himself in tighter to shelter as best as he could.

"You are Jedi Master Durro Thel-Tanis," a strange new voice said calmly. Durro looked up through the storm and saw a blue glowing figure.

He was everything Durro saw in himself, and so much more. The man's green lightsaber lit up the area and Durro could see a fallen two legged mount.

AND more than that, he saw Hadaza!
@Durro Thel-Tanis @Haj
With a surge of strength, Durro rushes to her side. Before he can assess her condition, there is a loud HISS that cuts through the wind, and the towering of a large snake about to strike!

Durro sees Hadaza's weapons nearby in the sand, and wearily he summons her daggers to his hand. He waves them defensively before him; trying to make the meal not worth it to the hungry serpent. It hisses again and weaves side to side, trying to find the best angle to attack. Durro can feel through the Force its cunning, its desire. Senses sharp and muscles taut.

"It's hungry." Durro realizes. "It's only doing what snakes do for food."

He senses no animosity or ill-will; only a desire to feed, to live. Closing his eyes and focusing his mind, he lifts the dead Raptor from atop Hadaza and hurls it at the snake, which dodges it swiftly and lunges for a strike!

The bite never lands. Its jaws are frozen open, its elongated body hovering centimeters above the sand. It gyrates with fear as it levitates into the air, then with a rush of the Force, it hurls away beyond even the raptor; which it swallows in swift fashion and then vanishes into the swirling sand.

Durro falls to his knees next to Hadaza; taking the sun-shield roll from his bag and wrapping her bloody body in it as gently and as quickly as he can; using the Force to assist as an invisible set of hands, moving her as little as possible since there are certainly broken bones. "Almost like constructing a lightsaber."

Taking the second breath-mask from the bag, he straps it over her face and starts it working, bringing her life-giving fresh air.

"Don't you dare die on me." He growls with effort. "Stay with me; we're almost there."

He digs deep and reaches as deeply into the Force as he can, akin to plunging himself completely in the river. He opens himself to it; lets it flow through him like water through a pipe, channeling its pure essence of life through himself and into Hadaza, who he can no longer feel through the Force but whose body is not yet cold. Laying his hands on her underneath the folds of the sun-shield, he pours the Living Force through himself into her, giving of himself as needed to keep her tethered to this side of living.

"You'll not walk those planks; not yet." He screams silently at her. "I'll accompany you there and through to Hell itself before I let you go."

((This does not include the +10 for being on Origin (forgot to add it) so the result was 28. Which is 1d6+4 of wound damage restored.))
@TheTraveler
@Haj
TheTraveler — 03/30/2022
(OOC: The only error I see is the Wounds is 1d6+2 not +4.. @Haj you can add 5 Wound Points back, though your character is still messed up pretty badly.  Heal Self and Heal Another does not effect physical effects of damage. I.E. Broken bones, deep cuts, poison, or missing body parts like flesh)

Durro's hands on her body triggered the passage of his own lifeforce energies in to hers. It was enough to stay off the specter of death but it didn't send death completely away.

Around them the storm swirled in all of its rage. As much as Durro tried to protect them through the Force and by use of his thick clothes, it just wasn't enough. And he was draining himself fast.

The darkness of the storm seemed to grow even darker as Durro pulled her closer to him.

Then both Durro and Hadaza were glowing in the bright white hot light of a pair of search lights.

The sound of repulsors drowned out the storm as the massive wing of Durro's shuttle hovered over them.

Even Durro was surprised at the skill of who ever was piloting his shuttle. It landed right next to them and easily shielded them from the worst of the storm.

Trying to stand with Hadaza in his arms was simply too much for Durro. Still help was here.

The side hatch opened up and a large slender figure walked towards Durro and Hadaza.

"See," Cheerie's voice yelled over the storm, "I told you they were in need of us." She moved from behind Handyman wearing a hastily converted space suite.

"I see you were right," Handyman said moving down and kneeling next to the two lost souls. "Cheerie, help Master Thel-Tanis in to the shuttle while I carry Hadaza."

@Durro Thel-Tanis @Haj
TheTraveler — 03/30/2022
(OOC: Hadaza can post by the way.. she IS awake...)
Durro allows himself to be helped aboard the ship, the name emblazoned in Aurebesh standing out on the dark hull. The irony is not lost on him.

He stays with Hadaza the entire flight. He thinks he told them to take them back to the village; Tesara and Astra will be their best bet at stabilizing her, but he realizes he is so tired he cannot recall if he has spoken aloud or merely planned to. He looks around for a medpack, or anything that can be of further assistance, but his legs refuse to support him and he finds himself on his knees on the deck plating, near where they laid Hadaza.

He lifts his hand and places on atop her still form. His arm shakes, but his hand remains firmly in place. Like a spent canteen, he tries to fill himself with the Force, to regain some vitality. His mind hovers between the land of the living and a meditative state, and in this dream-like version of the shuttle he thinks he sees a ghostly blue figure standing nearby, lightsaber in hand.

It vanishes upon him focusing on it. Did it smile as it disappeared? Or was it ever there at all?
@TheTraveler
@Haj
Haj — 03/30/2022
One. Next. Breath.

Then ... another

A third

Easier now. She's not dry-drowning any longer. But with each breath, there is agony. Blessed, blissful agony. She can hear ... something. Voices? An engine? Her mind can't wrap itself around what her senses are trying to tell her. Then a touch. Her skin screams, though she's glad of it. She never expected to feel touch of another again. She tries to smile. Gods Below preserve her, it could be Quinn come to gloat, but she smiles nonetheless. She's alive.

She turns her head slightly, cracks her eyes, and sees Durro sitting beside her. It's his touch she feels. He is more depleated than would have thought a living man could be. How? She doesn't know. She doesn't care. She will get her answers and say her thank yous later. Now, she only has strength for one word.

"Durro," she whispers, her eyes conveying all that her voice cannot. He looks exhausted, depleated beyond all reason. And he has never looked more beautiul to her. Slowly, she reaches to take his hand, entwining the tips of her fingers in his. She can't hold it, however, and her arm falls limply to the floor.

@Durro Thel-Tanis @TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 03/30/2022
Handyman walked up to the two them as the shuttle slowly lifts off, "I would recommend ensuring your Organ Doner Card has been properly filled out."

He moved careful to examine Hadaza, the worst of the two, "ha ha ha ha ha," he mocked laughed.

His eyes rotating through their different optics. "You will need plenty of time in the medical bay."

He turned to Durro, "as well as you will Master Jedi."

From the flight deck, Cheerie called down as if ease dropping, "tell them about the camping trip....tell them!"
@Durro Thel-Tanis @Haj
Durro's hand wraps around Hadaza's, and he finally stops fighting as the adrenaline rushes from his body.

The last face he sees before slipping into a deep meditative/healing state is the ghostly figure's from the desert.

"You are a Jedi Master, Durro Thel-Tanis." echoes in his mind.

"Who was that?" He wonders, slipping into the calming embrace of the Force. "Why did a stranger seem so familiar?"
@TheTraveler
@Haj
Haj — 03/30/2022
Flayed, broken, and stil suffering ravages of the venom that threatens to shut down her internal systems, she watches as Durro slips away to his own healing before she succumbs to whatever the Gods have in store for her.

"Tell them about the camping trip ... tell them!" Cheerie's voice is the last balm. They are safe and happy. No children would die today. The fear, guilt, and shame that drove her to lunacy spilled out under her, mixed with her own blood.

There were no tears, could not be. Her frame shook nonetheless, if only for a moment, though with sobs, fever,  adrenaline, exhaustion, or some combination of it all she didn't know. There was nothing left in her but trust. She closed her eyes and gave over to it completely.

TheTraveler — 03/30/2022
Handyman gave a nod to Hadaza, "this will hurt, but only slightly." He lied, as he presses an injector up against her next.

A new wave of pain rushed over her neck as he injected her with medication.

The pain quickly subsided as Hadaza started to float in her own body, "I have given you a mid sedative so that you won't hurt yourself while I remove these garments"

The droid started to cut away the blood soaked clothing and removed destroyed flesh.

As the shuttle's engines started to shut down, Cheerie came down from the flight deck. "you have to tell them about...."

Handyman held up a metal hand, "No Cheerie, no stories. No camping for now. First we must deal with the wounded."

Cheerie wore a sad face, "yes Sir..."

He motioned to Durro, "lets get both of them back in to the Gungnir, and then we can return to our camping trip."

@Haj @Durro Thel-Tanis

(OOC: We will continue this scene tomorrow night at the game)