The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catching up with the reckless wonder 4/7/22
05-29-2022, 11:14 AM,
Catching up with the reckless wonder 4/7/22
Princess Astra Korraay — 04/07/2022
After speaking with Durro astra headed to her room she changed into a more standard-looking jedi robe. There were still hints of the purple and blues from the robes she normally wore but this set was far better for keeping a low profile. After that she made sure her hair was branded and put up so it could easily be hidden under her hood. With no call from Durro she wondered the ship eventually finding herself on the observation deck.

" Well look who I found the reckless wonder how was the sand bath" astra asked a bit of homer to her voice. She had a fealing hadaza my have been getting tired of everyone approaching her worried. So Astra thought she might try a joke.

@Haj
Haj — 04/07/2022
Haj's eyes pop open in surprise. She had just about found that meditative state that Tesara was talking about.

"Good morning, Highness. It was ..." she thinks for a moment for just the right word that would encompass the totality of the experience .. and all the others that have come after it. "....transformative!", she ends with a smile.

"You appear to have ridden it out unscathed. Tesara has already been to see me. How are you?", she inquires.
@Princess Astra Korraay
"yeah let's go with unscathed," she said with a bright smile. " If I remember correctly your boyfriend had to rescue you. So I can imagine it was" she added then thought.

" I have been ok just had a run in with these people's ummm...beleafes and durro and Tesara are crazy enough to take the girls into the village so ill be going with them. What are you going to be up to today?  " Astra said gently.
@Haj
Haj — 04/07/2022
Haj tries to hide a smile as she blushes deeply at Astra's teasing. "I won't say I'm not glad of it," she murmurs softly.

Clearing her throat, she turns the conversation back to Astra's other comment,"What do you mean, you had a run in with these people's beliefs? That sounds ominous, especially when you follow it up with "crazy enough to take the girls to the village".  It was the plan all along to get them off the Gungnir and out to the village. What's changed, Highness?", she asks pointedly
@Princess Astra Korraay
" Apparently during the storms there's a beadel that flys around it got caught in my hair we found out the beaddelss are called wind riders and they pick the next person the village is going to sacrifice during the next storm. According to tesara these people conduct such sacrifices regularly and are not safe from it" she said shaking her head.

" Thankfully the big did chose one of there people thought she is a maidager" Astra said.
@Haj
Haj — 04/07/2022
Haj's mouth is agape. "Wait. Let me see if I understand. There's some type of creature that chooses who gets ... sacrificed? Did, did I hear that right? ... during these huge storms, but also all the time. And this maidager chose you, but not you, and now, because of that, one of their people is going to be ... ... ... but you're going back to the village anyway because Durro and Tesara can't make sure that the girls are ... what .. .safe from these people's beliefs?", she blinks confusedly up at Astra.

"I'm sorry, Highness. Can you run that by me one more time? I think my excursion in the desert knocked something loose", she says, tapping her palm against her temple gently, so as not to actually bruise herself.
@Princess Astra Korraay
" ok let me try that again during the storm we went looking for you the wind got to be too much so we had to return to the hut the people were kind enough to let us stay in. When we were out in the storm a bug called a storm rider got caught in my hair. We learned from master files sun that whoever the bug chooses or is found by is killed at the next storm to take messages to the spirits. We were lucky in that the bug was also caught by one of there own people so my life should not be in danger. " She said pouting to give hadaza a chance to catch up.

" Tesara did a far-seeing to look into the past apparently these people sacrifice each other at other times as well. I don't trust these people and wail I trust Durro and Tesara my sister an be easily manipulated. And she was considering leaving the girls here with these people. Wail admittedly I don't know where Tesara stands I don't think leaving the girls with these people is wise and as a jedi knight protecting the girls is one of my respnsabilitlys as well as Durro and Tesara. So yes im going back to the village." She concluded.
@Haj
Haj — 04/07/2022
Haj leans her head back in the chair. "Hmmm. I see. Thank you for clarifying. First things first - I'm sorry, Highness, that I can't have your back during this trip. I've failed you, yet again, in that respect." She looks down at her broken body. "Another consequence of me making choices thinking that I was the only one who could protect the people I care about," she stops as the realization of her words are mirrored into her own ears.

As if to reinforce the import of her lesson, she says to Astra, "Hear this clearly, Princess. I was almost killed out there, & almost got Durro killed as well, because I didn't trust the people in my family, the people I love, to be able to take care of themselves & each other. You are telling me that you are knowingly, willingly, going put yourself back into a situation that is potentially dangerous to you because you don't trust your family to take care of each other & the people they love. You have it in your head that only you can save those girls from an untimely death, one that does not actually touch them in any way. Believe me when I tell you that thinking that way will not end well!" she growls darkly, looking up at Astra from her chair.

"As for Tesara leaving the girls there, I got the distinct impression that she may have felt that way once. But Professor Kenobi's argument about needing them here on board was sound. I believe she heard it & agrees with it. I don't think they are going anywhere, except on a field trip, which they desperately need. Even if Tesara tried to push the issue, which I don't believe she will, she will be overruled by 2 very large men with very loud voices. And if she is as gullible & easily manipulated as  you seem to believe her to be, then she will cave quickly to their arguments."
She slumps down in the chair. Astra can see the toll that the accident has taken on Haj, body and spirit. " With all due respect, Highness, those girls are in no danger, either from the villagers or Tesara. You, however, by your own accounting, are. To knowingly put yourself at risk to satisfy your own ego is as reckless an action as mine was."

@Princess Astra Korraay
" ok, that's a lot let's start with your first statement how in the galaxy could you possibly think you failed me. Hadaza you are alive and well not only that but you have learned valuable lessons from the experience.  " She said shaking her head.

She contemplated Hadaza's next statements. I'm in no real danger like I said the bug chose one of their people. My only plan is to keep a low profile and help with the girls. Durro will need to talk to falen there going to need another pair of eyes and hands to take care of the girls. And if you don't have to return to the bacta tank right away you are welcome to come along as well. " She said
@Haj
Haj — 04/07/2022
She looks up through curls still damp from the Bacta tank "How did I fail you? I chose my own pride over your safety. I should have listened to Naziel and stayed in the village. If I had, you never would have been chosen by that, what did you call it, the maidager creature, and neither of us would be in this mess. Now you insist upon rushing headlong into the same mistake that I barely survived despite pointing out the "valuable lesson" that I learned. One, I will add, that you are hellbent on ignoring, likely to your detriment and the detriment of your family."

Her head drops back as she tries to breath through the weariness and pain that is breaking through.

From behind closed lids, she asks "And while I thank you for the invite, I think that no, I won't be going to the village with you. My injuries are numerous and grievous and the chair is awkward. I will heed my own advice and stay here, trusting that Durro and Tesara can take care of themselves and the girls to come back safely."

She looks up at Astra shrewdly. "Why does Durro need to talk to Falynn, and, moreover, what do you know about it? All he told me was that he was going to take the girls for a visit. Your choice of words leads me to believe there is more going on ...and that it's something important."
@Princess Astra Korraay
" you can't know if your having stayed would have kept the bug from getting caught in my hair. I will again point out that one of there own people found this bug as well that person they know about there's no need to tell them that the bug had been caught in my hair" she said gently.

" hadaza" she said gently healing infrunt of her to make it easier for Hadaza to see her face. " I'm a jedi knight now my place is at my masters side helping him. Even if it means putting my own life in danger. Don't you see I can't sit here and hide like a scared padawan" she offered.

" Let's just leave it a Jedi business for now. When the time is right im sure Master The-tanis will share it with you," she said.
@Haj
Haj — 04/07/2022
Haj can see that Astra is beyond reason, mired in her own damnable, stubborn pride. She no longer has the strength to hold both her pain and Astra's hand. And maybe that's for the best. She has just been "Othered" by someone she considers ... considered ... family. She closes her eyes and turns her head, disgusted with herself and no longer able to look into the mirror that she sees before her.

She adjusts the blanket. "May the Force be with you, Knight," she says monotonously, an unquestioned finality to her voice.
@Princess Astra Korraay
That stopped Astra in her tracks. " Hadaza" she said. She takes a deep breath. " If it means that much I will stay here with you." She said gently. She takes her lightsaber from her belt and sets it carefully in hadaza's hands. " This is my lightsaber, it's more then a weapon has Durro told you what the lightsaber is to us" She asked gently.

It took her a minute but her place might actually be to stay here with Hadaza and not go into the village. There's that dubble eaged sword of stubbornness again.

" The lightsaber is and extension of ourself. In my case is also a peace of family history. Your are holding my past present and future in your hands right there. I will gladly trust you with my life" she said.
@Haj
Haj — 04/07/2022
Haj wraps her hands gently around the weapon. "Haj," she says finally. "My name is Haj. And yes, I know what it means, both to you personally and to you as a Jedi. You've told me about your family. And I know how much being a Jedi means to you. It has been your dream as long as I have known you."

"I see so much of myself in you, Astra," she whispers. "I feel like protecting you is somehow protecting a piece of me. But you are right," she says handing back the lightsaber. "You are a Jedi Knight ... and we are not the same. Stay, or don't, as you believe to be your will and the will of the Force. Just don't make your decision based solely on your own stubbornness.

"I know I'm not learned in any meaningful way in the will of the Force, but if can impart any wisdom that I have recently learned to you on that subject, it would be this - only listening to your own stubborn pride means you aren't listening to the Force. If it's trying to tell you something, and you keep yelling back in opposition that you are going to do things your way, deaf to it because you are lost to your passion or your pride or your guilt or your shame or because you think you know better that it does, and you fail to have faith what you are hearing, someone will get very, very badly hurt as a result." .

She holds up her arms to Astra. They are pink and clean, all remnants of the once familiar tattoos completely scrubbed from her skin. "I got lucky. It was only me this time. It could, very easily, have been Durro, or Tesara, or you. And all because I was too stubborn to listen when Naziel said not to go."
@Princess Astra Korraay
" Haj?" Astra said qustinigly. " Did you remember some of your past" Dhe asked cerouse about the name change.

Astra takes the weapon and clips it back onto her belt. " You know your much like looking into a meir to. Honestly my healing ability and knowledge is best put to use here with you. I'm not skilled at combat. I can see throw time and heal that's what im good at" she said with a smile.

She took her comlink out. And typed a message to Durro " I will not be joining you two master. I believe there is better use for my healing talents here with Hadaza."

She looks at hadazas arms. "The skin seems to be healing nicely there are some things we can do to help soothe it though.  Hadza just because we are different doesn't mean we can not be family. Though it will take trust from both of us. There are things im not allowed to shair with you just like there are things you may not be able to share with me. We have to be willing to trust each other enuff to understand that and hope the other makes the right choice " she said gently.
@Haj

( @Durro Thel-Tanis so he can see the message Astra sent)
Haj — 04/07/2022
Haj grasps Astra's hands. "Thank you for staying with me, Lillesøster." She breathes a sigh of relief that she didn't know she was holding. "And, you're right, I need to honor that there are somethings that we will need to hold in silence. Its a matter of trust, something that I am sorely lacking, it seems. But I am trying to be better."

She sits back in the hover chair, relief etched on her features. "Haj means "One who Journeys". Its Lanusian, believe it or not, which I didn't know. Tesara had to tell me." She chuckles. "Its a long story that starts with a nickname and ends with a dream in a bacta tank."

She rubs her hands up and down her arms. "Its not the skin that hurts. It's growing back nicely. The bigger challenge is that I can't walk. The bones are healing, but not as quickly. Fortunately, Handyman was able to synthesize an anti-venom very quickly, so there wasn't much organ damage from that and the bacta are taking care of what there was." She's prattling and she knows it.  But the tension she would ordinarily move out her body with physical motion needs to go somewhere.
@Princess Astra Korraay
" I see its pretty and so fitting for you you never sit still you like a bird in flight" She suggested.

Astra trembled momentarily at the mention of Bacta Tanks. " im so sorry I ummm... I don't like bacta tanks what did you dream about." she asked gently.

" Yes but your skin is new and sensitive it will be essay to irritate. I can't do much for broken bones those take time and rest as for the effects I would have to brush up on Zebrack physiology but we can help the process along with good diet as well" She suggested.

" Do you know how to sing I learned for my sought Roza but it might be a good outlet while your unable to move much. " she added.
@Haj
Haj — 04/07/2022
She flushes deeply, "Actually, Its fitting for more than just my own movement. Durro and I talk a lot about journeys ... mostly the one we will take together." The smile on her face is one of a woman newly, and deeply, in love.

She clears her throat self-consciously. "My dream was  ... long, and ... vivid ... and a lot. ((She will tell Astra a synopsys of the posts in Haj's Journal that include the Seer)).

When she finally winds down her story, she slumps against the chair. "I like to sing, though I don't believe that I have a very good voice. That's a good idea. But I actually told my own Lærer that I would use this confinement to learn stillness. I was actually meditating, or trying to, when you walked in.

@Princess Astra Korraay
" I see that is a long difficult lesson. One even I have a hard time with still." she said she sat on the floor legs crossed. " Allow me to join you" She asked with a grin. Taking her lightsaber from her belt letting flot in front of her the weapon dismantled itself to reveal her kiber crystal which she removed and put the weapon back together setting it on the floor.

" I have found it helpful to focus on sumthing when meditating usually it's my kiber crystal it could be anything for you," she said. Trying to be helpful. She closed her eyes and the crystal floated in front of her as she settled into a light meditative state. If Hadaza needed something or tried to leave Astra would be awara and easily able to respond.
@Haj
Haj — 04/07/2022
Haj watches Astra settle onto the floor, jealous that she can't join her. She tunes back into the sounds of flame and storm that is still playing in the backgound, allowing her sight to focus once again on horizon out the ObDeck window.

Her thoughts are on trust - the words from the dream, the words that Astra had just said to her, and how she needs to trust more than she does. No matter how she tries to focus, her eyes flicker to the serene young woman at her feet. "I'm so proud of you, Astra," she says softly. "Even in the short time I've known you, you have grown so much. And you have helped me grow as well. If I've never said this before, thank you."
@Princess Astra Korraay
((end?))
Astras eyes flickered open surprise registering on her face. " You have grown as well Haj. I'm glad to share this journey with you and glad that you and Master Thel-tanis have meet as well. You have brought him something he needed" She said with smile closing here eyes once more. Focusing on her meditation. She hoped Hadaza would be able to still her mind enough to join her.
@Haj
(End)