The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tesara talks to Alangidi 5/6/22
07-17-2022, 11:28 AM,
Tesara talks to Alangidi 5/6/22
Tesara Anerin — 05/06/2022
Tesara finishes Che'ri's new padawan braid and smiles as she sprints away to show the others.  She is left alone in the kitchen area with Alang'idi.  The woman is rigid and looking annoyed.  Tesara is exhausted from all that has happened in the last few days, but she feels a pull to try and help get whatever this woman wants so she can leave the ship.  Che'ri believes her to be dangerous and Tesara wants to understand for herself.  The girl is sweet but gets some things wrong and overexaggerates a little.  She turns to the woman.
"Alang'idi, please tell me, what exactly is the question your mistress has asked that Durro must find the answer to?"

@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/06/2022
Alang'idi made no effort to address Tesara’s question for a long while. It appeared she had clearly heard the question, just wasn't reacting to it.

Finally after a moment of awkward silence, she finally turned and looked at Tesara. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were speaking to me."

"Your leader did something that no one else had done before. My Mistress desires to know how he did it." She frowns slightly, "it would appear he is in no rush to complete his task. I fear he doesn't truly understand whom he is dealing with."

@Tesara Anerin
Tesara knows she is being ignored, but simply waits.  When the woman speaks, she listens.  "What was it that no one else has ever done before?  If I knew, I might be able to assist him in getting the answer for her."  She says.  "She sounds....very powerful."  She speaks those words carefully.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/06/2022
She half gazed at Tesara, almost if she was bored. "He called out to my Mistress and attracted her attention."

She paused a moment as she listened to Tesara’s last statement. "It has nothing to do with power. She is First," Alang'idi said softly.
Tesara can hear the softness in Alang'idi's voice for the first time.  "She means a great deal to you.  First of what? Her kind?  I'm not sure what she is, actually.  It feels a bit rude to say "her" all the time.  What is her name?  And is her question why he called out to her?  Forgive me, I know that is a lot of questions."  She smiles.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/06/2022
Alang'idi frowned as the endless questions,  but tried to entertaint the strange mortal before her. "I am a product of her desire. Nothing more, Nothing less. As for First of what, she is first of all. Before her there was no light, no life, just the Mother of Creation and the All knowing Father."

She rolled her eyes, "her name is just that, First. Many have tried to claim being first none are called First."

Shaking her head, "no not why. She cares not for such things. She has asked how."
@Tesara Anerin
"Ahh." Tesara says softly.  "First.  She is incredibly ancient, then.  And she wishes to know how Durro called out to her.  He mentioned something about this.  It was during the storm."  She says quietly, thinking out loud more than anything.  "If she is from the dawn of time, not knowing something must be incredibly interesting to her.  How long did First give him to get her this answer she seeks?"
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/06/2022
She laughed slightly, "you speak of time as if it were something tangible to her.  What if the time allot was till the end of time," she asked.

"During the storm," she said softly as if pondering the notion. "He claimed to not know of such things," she said thoughtfully. "Do you suspect he would lie about he knowledge of this," shs asked her second question.
Tesara shook her head.  "Durro doesn't lie.  It's not in his nature.  If he said he doesn't know, he honestly doesn't know."  She taps her chin, obviously thinking.  "I think you would not like to stay with us til the end of time, so it would be prudent for us to focus on finding the answer to her question sooner rather than later.  Keeping a being from the dawn of time waiting isn't wise.  Once we have an answer, then you can return to her.  In the meantime, were you given a place to sleep?  Have you eaten?"  She asks.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/06/2022
She smirks, "I have found in existence, that what is and isn't within the nature of mortals is far from certainty."

She nodded, "I shall serve my task until it is completed then return and complete the reason for my existence. Though I do agree, focusing on the task at hand would be prudent. I wish your leader would have such commitment to this task."

She blinked and tilted her head, "sleep?"

@Tesara Anerin
Tesara smiles a little, confirming her suspicions that this creature is not human.  "Apparently you do not need to rest like we do.  Humans have to rest for many hours in order to function properly.  As well as eat for energy to sustain our bodies."  She stands and goes to make herself some food.  She returns a moment later with a half a sandwich for her and half for Alang'idi if she wants it.  "You can try it if you wish, but you don't need to."  She sits back and begins to eat, obviously thinking again.  "So Durro somehow called out to First during the storm but she does not know how it happened.  It would stand to reason that on the next storm, we try calling for her to see if it was perhaps the intensified wind, imbued with the Force, of the storm that made it happen.  Even though he doesn't remember calling out to her, they were both in extreme danger and pain.  Often strange things can occur while under such duress."  She chews, swallows, then frowns.  "Did First know for certain if it was a male voice that called to her?  Haj was there as well.  It might have been Haj?"

@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/06/2022
Alang'idi watched Tesara as she started to make herself food. "It is not that I don't need to. It is that I am unaware of what this is. You will have to forgive me, much of these things are new experiences for me."

As Tesara offered her the sandwich, she accepted it. "I am still trying to figure out many things you mortal do on a daily bases." She took a bite and chewed it. After she swallowed it. "its an interesting experience. Though I think I would prefer, Tea..."

"So you think it might be this Haj that called for my Mistress," she said thoughtfully. She tapped her chin and frowned, "I believe there might be truth to this." She turned back to Tesara, "I must speak to this Haj now."

@Tesara Anerin
Tesara is pleased that she had taken the sandwich.  "I can make you some tea.  I am quite good at it though I don't care for it myself.  Long years of practice."  She smiles, gets up and makes a small pot of tea for her guest.  "Yes, when Durro and Haj awaken, I believe she will be willing to speak to you.  There is no reason for her not to.  But remember, humans have to rest.  It's absolutely necessary to our survival as a species.  But while she sleeps, we can continue chatting if you would like."  She sets a mug of tea down for her.  "If you would like more food, just let me know."  She says, sitting once again to continue eating her own sandwich.  She's quietly fascinated by the woman.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/06/2022
She sets the rest of the sandwich down, "I think not," she said with a neutral tone.

She looked around the small space, "so tell me about your band of mortals." She ran her hand over the counter as if feeling something that was unseen. "I wonder what would make you so special to have such a gift to speak to the ancients."

@Tesara Anerin
Tesara finishes her food and sits back.  “Well, we’ve been on this planet for about a week or so. We come from planets far from here; a place called the outer rim. There are 14 of us and the droid, Handyman.  The man that owns this ship is the professor. He’s a teacher. Then there is Durro whom you’ve already met of course. He is a Jedi master. Haj is his mate.  Astra is a Jedi knight.  Both she and I were once students, otherwise known as padawans, of Durro.  Then there are the nine girls like the one you saw here a few moments ago that I did the braid for.  The only one amongst us that is not gifted with the ability to connect to the Force is the professor.”
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/06/2022
She nodded as she listened, "I see," she thought for a moment, "I had already figured that Haj was his mate. His feelings run very deep for her."

She paused a moment, "I have met the one called Astra already."

She paused, "and would you say that your leader is the strongest among you?"
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara smiles. “I am pleased to hear that you met Astra as well. As for who is the strongest amongst us I would say Durro. The professor is very old and very wise, but not necessarily strong. Durro is wise and strong.”
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/06/2022
She nodded, "I have sensed as much. It would not be likely that this Haj could be the one we are looking for."

"This person is far to weak and feeble to be able to do what is being suggested," she explained.
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara schools her face to not show what she’s thinking.  “Humans have a saying. ‘Don’t judge a book by its cover’. Just because someone looks a certain way doesn’t mean that they cannot surprise you.  Haj is a powerful woman in her own right.”  She gets up and pours herself a glass of wine, then another and offers one to Alang’idi.  “Try this and see if you like it.”  She sits back down and takes a sip from her own glass.  The wine is sweet on her tongue.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/06/2022
She reaches out and takes the glass of wine, "why did you do that," she asked in honest surprise.

@Tesara Anerin
Tesara blinks, confused. “Do what?”
TheTraveler — 05/06/2022
She moved the glass around, "you said that Haj was a powerful woman in her own right. You have completely ignored the fact that she is not as strong in," she paused for a moment, "you called it the Force." she checked for assurance before continuing. "Right, she is not as powerful in this Force as you, Astra or Durro. From what I have seen even of your children, she isn't nearly powerful as they are. And yet you pretend that she is a contender as your equal."

She paused and made sure of eye contact, "so why did you do that?"
“Ah.”  Tesara swirls the wine in her cup for a moment.  “Let’s say you are strong in the Force but you are faced with a huge, powerful creature that is about to begin attacking you. Your weapon is behind a Force protected door. Your choice is to defend yourself against the creature using only the force or use the force to open the door, Leaving yourself vulnerable to attack.  If you are alone that is a difficult decision. But if you are not alone, the decision becomes easier. You would face the creature and allow someone else within your group of trusted friends to assist you. Without the weapon you will likely die.  That person unlocks the door with the force and gets your weapon, gives it to you quickly and you defeat the creature, therefore protecting yourself and the others with you. If that person had not been able to help by unlocking the door, the chances of you surviving were very slim. Just because they were not as strong in the force as you does not mean that they are not a vital part of the group.  We all have parts to play, roles to fulfill.  Haj is still learning, but her potential is vast.”  She says.  “It’s about trust.”
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/07/2022
She listened carefully to what was being said and she calmly waited until Tesara was finished before speaking.

"I never said she wasn't helpful. I said she wasn't your equal. In your example, there is nothing that has shown her to be a "powerful woman in her own right" nor does it show vast potential. In fact, your example only suggests that deep down you see and agree with my assessment of her."

She took a sip of the wine and made a look of surprise. "I do like this," she said with a smile.

"Anyway, you have avoided my question. Something i am learning you mortals do when you don't like the answer that is required."

She frowned, "lets assume you are right. Her potential is vast. That doesn't mean she is your equal now. So why pretend?"

@Tesara Anerin
Tesara Anerin — 05/07/2022
“I’m glad you like the wine.”  She says, taking another sip.  “As for her potential, it exists now to come to fruition in the future. I for instance, am 21 years old. The person you see before you right now is much more powerful and in control of myself than I was at the age of 16.  And at 16 I was better than I was at 10. So on and so forth.  Learning, training, knowledge, wisdom, these are things that take time.  Haj is simply at a point where her power has not yet reached its full potential, but I can see it coming.  She is my friend and I have faith in her.  You asked me earlier who I thought the strongest was? I said Durro and not myself because Durro is older than me and has more experience. In turn, Astra and myself have more experience than Haj.  Becoming who we are meant to be is a path, a journey that takes time.  We are born and as infants and begin learning right away.  When we are old and at the brink of death we have spent our whole lives learning.”  She swirls the wine again.  “Haj is on her journey just the same as the rest of us.”  Her voice is quiet and calm.  The emotions she had felt in the village feel less sharp now as she sits and speaks with this woman.
@TheTraveler
(((going to sleep now will continue tomorrow)))
TheTraveler — 05/07/2022
Her eyea narrow with frustration, "and yet you still refuse to answer why do you pretend that she is your equal."

She shifted and shrugged her shoulders, "at least you admitted, finally, that she isn't your equal right now, and will never be your equal."

She smiled as her face softened, "it matters not. Haj isn't the one we seek. For all i know, i could be you or Astra."

She suddenly frowned, "then again, I wonder if it could be this Handyman."

Once more her eyes fell upon Tesara’s as she spoke, "what do think? Or are you even willing to answer if you believe it could be Handyman?"

@Tesara Anerin
Tesara bursts into a fit of giggles.  “No it could not have been handyman!  He would not have been calling out to anyone, believe me.”  She composes herself. The wine is helping relax her.  “Truly, I don’t mean to offend you. I am uncomfortable saying that Haj is not my equal because I see a point in the future when she will be. To say it now makes me feel as if I see her as lesser than me.  I don’t.  She is my friend. I care very much about her. To put myself above her feels wrong to me.  As for it being myself or Astra that called to First, both of us were in the village during the storm.  We were safe and would have had no reason to call out to her.  The reason that your mistress believed it was Durro is because he was out in the storm with Haj.  They needed help. We did not.”
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/07/2022
She frowned at the fit of laughter, but waved it off as she took another sip of her own wine.

"To recognize a fact is not wrong, nor implies anything other than the fact," she explained. "I am not your equal. Regardless of your vast experience over me." She held up the wine, "take the wine, the tea, and this," she motioned to the barely touched sandwich. "You know of these things, and I do not. These make you better than me. I think not."

She shook her head, "nor is you potential better."

She blinks softly, "is accepting these facts wrong."

"You betray your, um, friendship," there was uncertainty in her but she continued, "by allowing her to believe something which is untrue."

She sighed, "at least this conversation yielded one thing. We were able to eliminate one person from our list." She smiled at Tesara, "I do think you are wrong about one thing. You mortals are much more willing to be dishonest than you accept. And I find this very much the case with you and Durro."

@Tesara Anerin
Tesara sighs.  “Yes, I will admit that you are right.  Mortals like to avoid uncomfortable truths sometimes.  Emotions often cloud our judgment. Just like the wine I’m drinking.“ She says with a small smile.  She takes another sip from the glass and as the liquid enters her mouth and his her taste buds a light pops within her mind.  She swallows, her heart slamming in her chest.
Che'ri
I will ask one thing though.  When we find the one that called out to your mistress, what does she intend to do with them?”
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/07/2022
((OOC:  @Tesara Anerin Role Spot and Sense Motive DC 25 each. No Bonus allowed))
((OK hang on))
But this is just a normal roll so add 10
Also add 10 for Sense
TheTraveler — 05/07/2022
((Points to no bonuses))
((Is that because we are on the Gungnir?))
((And sorry I did miss that when you asked - was in a hurry to open Roll20))  ?
TheTraveler — 05/07/2022
She continued to lean against the counter as Tesara spoke. It was odd listening to these Mortals and yet tiresome at the same time. They make excuses and hide themselves from the truths so many time. Inwardly she thought of how simple this mortal was.

Her eyes perked as a name flashed in to her mind like a revelation, Che'ri.

Her inward smile concealed by the glass touching her lips.

"I am sure my Mistress will want to meet such a gifted and powerful creature," she said only somewhat being truthful.
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara sets down her wine glass.  There is fear bubbling within her.  She takes a deep breath and reaches out to the Force for calm and centers herself with a few long, even breaths.  Che'ri might have said this woman was dangerous, but there has been no proof at all that First would pose a danger to Che'ri.  Perhaps all she would do is ask how it had been done.

Stop jumping to conclusions and stop allowing your Fear to rule you.  She tells herself.  Trust in the Force

"Your mistress is likely the most powerful being in all of creation."  She says quietly.  "What would she do if she was to meet this person?"
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/07/2022
She turned and set the glass down, "I don't know, nor is it any concern of mine. My task is solely to bring the answer to my Mistress as to how this was done. What she does with it after that is solely for her to decide."

She looked at the sandwich once more and frowned, "I just don't understand the whole idea of eating and drinking." She turned intentionally changing the subject, "tell me, why do you mortals do this?"

@Tesara Anerin
Tesara relaxes a little.  "So we must find out HOW she was called, and that might be done without actually bringing the person who called her to meet her?  I would prefer that if it is possible.  If all your mistress desires is the answer as to how, then we can find her answer, give it to her and move on.  As for food, drink and sleep, I told you, we must drink, eat and sleep to sustain our bodies.  Without food or rest we would die.  It is how we are made.  I am assuming from all I have heard and seen that you require neither.  When your task is over and you return to her, what will you do?"
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/07/2022
She looked thoughtful for a moment then ignored Tesara’s earlier comment, "I don't truly know if i need them or not. I was created only a few hours ago."

She blinked, "after my task is completed, i will have no other purpose to serve."

She tilted her head, "why do you ask such things."
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara blinks.  “You were created only a few hours ago?” The information rolls around inside her head, not making sense.  “And when you return to her to give her what she wants, you just won’t exist anymore?  That’s…..I…”. She forces her mouth to close, once more pulling upon her training to calm herself.  She has never encountered such a thing.  “How does that make you feel?”  She asks softly.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/07/2022
"It is the sole reason for my existence, i have no feelings regarding it at all," she said softly. "Why, should I?"
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara looks closely at the woman across from her.  “I didn’t realize that you were created without emotions.  It’s not something I have ever encountered before.”  She admits quietly.  “Is….”  She pauses, feeling sad.  “Is there anything you’d like to do or experience before you return to your mistress?”
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/07/2022
She laughed, "I have emotions, you silly Mortal!"

It took a moment for her to stop laughing. Then she finally added, "why do you think i don't have emotions?"

@Tesara Anerin
Tesara frowns, then looks as if she understands. “You just said you had no feelings regarding returning to your mistress and simply not existing anymore. I mistakenly came to the conclusion that you did not have emotions at all. Please forgive me for that misunderstanding.  Your reactions to certain things surprise me. I think that our existence as mortals is so vastly different from your own, we both don’t always understand each other. Since you do have emotions, what are you feeling right now?”
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/07/2022
She smirked, "I am amused at your misunderstanding. I have no feelings on it, because it is the purpose in which i was created."

She tilted her head, "can you tell me your purpose?"

@Tesara Anerin
Tesara lifted her glass and drained the remainder of the wine.  "I can tell you what I would like my purpose to be, but I don't know what the Force truly has in store for me.  I will take whatever comes.  But...I would like to marry the man I fell in love with and have children of my own.  To grow old and be as wise as my grandmother and mother before me.  To heal those who need it, to listen and give council where requested and to teach anyone who asks it of me."

@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/07/2022
She frowns and picks up her glass of wine once more, "that sounds incredible busy." She takes a drink of her wine. "My brothers and sisters were renowned as great gathers of information. We once served the single largest repository of knowledge known across all the realms."

Her face darkened, "there are so few of us left now. And the Great Library is no more."

She took another drink, "i exist solely to gather information. In this case, just one answer."

@Tesara Anerin
Tesara's eyes brighten.  "Oh I would have loved to see this library!  The first one I ever went to, I could have stayed there for days!  I pestered all of the masters there.  I am sure I annoyed them but they never showed it.  Durro said the libraries on Coruscant are massive, but they are all books stored digitally.  Maybe once your mistress has her answer, we can find a way to rebuild the library?  Perhaps First will be pleased at the idea."  She smiles.

@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 05/07/2022
She listened carefully then finally said, "i doubt there will ever be a Great Library again. First there are not enough of my brothers and sisters to support it. Second, who would create it."

She shrugged, "but i am sure you can try."

She tilted her head, "though wouldn't that be in conflict of your purpose."

@Tesara Anerin
Tesara laughs a little.  "Well yes, but didn't you say that your kind were renowned gatherers of information?  If First created you to gather information, surely she could create more to do the same.  I should think she lives a lonely existence here."  She says thoughtfully.  "It was just an idea."  She shrugs.  "I need to go rest now.  I hope that we can help you get the answer your Mistress seeks."  She says, standing and going to put away the remnants of her meal and the wine.  She knows the woman does not sleep, but she found her here and Alang'idi will likely stay here until the others wake up.  She has so much to tell Durro, but it will have to wait until she has slept.

@TheTraveler
Tesara Anerin — 05/08/2022
/end
TheTraveler — 05/08/2022
/end