The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1,000 Tales to Tell 5/8/22
07-17-2022, 11:28 AM,
1,000 Tales to Tell 5/8/22
Tesara Anerin — 05/08/2022
Tesara wakes slowly.  She does not know quite how but she knows it is later than she normally wakes.  She pulls up her commlink from the small shelf near her bed and looks at the time 6:30am.  Sighing, she wishes briefly for more time but knows she has duties and a meeting with Durro to go over everything that has happened in the last few days.  She rises, showers, gets dressed and heads to the cargo bay where she knows Durro, Haj, Astra and the girls are all likely to be.  It's a tiny bit past 7am when she arrives.

@Durro Thel-Tanis
Durro Thel-Tanis — 05/08/2022
By the time Tesara enters the cargo bay, only Durro and Haj remain; the latter cleaning up from the morning's tumbling session and the Former tinkering with one of the sparring droids. He looks up as she enters.

"Good morning, Master Anerin." He says cheerfully. "You're a bit late; you missed morning PT. It's alright, you can make it up this afternoon." He grins and returns to work on the inactive droid's interface panel.
@Tesara Anerin
@Haj (If she wants to reply; not required.)
Tesara sticks her tongue out at Durro.  "I didn't get to sleep until almost midnight."  She smiles at Haj.  "Good morning to you as you didn't cheerfully announce I would be doing PT this afternoon."  She notes that Astra is not here and assumes she is with the girls.

@Durro Thel-Tanis
@Haj  (again only if you want to)
Durro feigns a look of shocked horror.

"How will you ever become a power warrior if you never train? We all must be in peak physical condition if we're to defeat Malora!"

The droid sparks and its photoreceptors light up a bright yellow as it stands up straight. With two rapid head movements, it assesses its surroundings and drops into a defensive stance.

"You could prove me wrong." Durro says, having stepped clear of the droid. "Show me what you can do on Ol' Rusty here." He grins and steps back another three steps.
@Tesara Anerin
@Haj (((presumably having acknowledged Tesara, but still putting stuff away. lol)))
Tesara snorts, reaches out with the Force and tips the droid over on its side (using move object).  "Why do I feel guilty for doing that?"  She muses.

@Durro Thel-Tanis
"That's cheating." Durro says as the droid gets to its feet. It charges Tesara, only to be flung to the floor again by an invisible hand. Once it rises again, Durro firmly says;

"Override Code: Serenity."

The droid powers down, hunching slightly forward with its arms at its sides.

"If you didn't come to train, what did you come in here for?" Durro asks with a raised eyebrow. "Breakfast is on the upper level."
@Tesara Anerin
"Serenity?"  She chuckles a little.  "I like it."  She walks over to him.  "I need to tell you several things. I thought I should come here before heading to get breakfast.  I thought here would be a good place to find you but now that the girls are not here, I think here is as good a place as any to update you."

@Durro Thel-Tanis
"I'd prefer some tea, personally but I agree."

Durro reawakens the droid and sends it to its recharge station.

"So what did you want to tell me?"
@Tesara Anerin
"We'll get tea afterwards."  She sits down on a nearby metal box.  "I wanted to tell you first that it would be best if we do not return to the village.  Jer'rin and Nazeel have taken over leadership.  The battle we thought would happen did not.  The Valfolk elders and the Neran'i elders and warriors are all dead.  No innocent lives were lost."  She sighs.  "I tried speaking to the elders to convince them that the Spirits did not need or even want their sacrifices, and that the deaths of anyone chosen by the spirits was wrong.  I thought I had done a fair job of it.  But apparently Nazeel and Jer'rin had other ideas.  Falynn had gone with the professor to some ruins when Nazeel and Jer'rin put their apparently long-planned out coup into action.  I saw the whole thing.  They attacked while the Neran'i were asleep.  They formed the same kind of pincer movement we've seen other tribes on Lanus perform.  They killed more than half of the Neran'i warrios before they were even awake to realize what was happening.  Jer'rin declared himself a God.  Nazeel is right beside him.  They have declared that the Spirits are gone and that the Coruscant Gods - mainly himself - are now in full control.  He used some kind of....living Force trick to make grass grow in a massive circle from the center of the village.  I don't know how he did it.  Falynn returned and was angry as hell but he said something to her I could not hear, and her shoulders fell and she was quiet.  The professor led her away.  I was too heartsick at all the death and declarations of power that I simply left.  I believe Jer'rin has fallen to the dark side."  She finished, sounding utterly exhausted.  "There are likely things I have left out or forgotten.  I will admit to being tired and still stunned at what happened out there."
@Durro Thel-Tanis
Durro listens, paying her his full attention. When she finishes, he stands thoughtfully for a moment.

"I would agree that Jer'rin has been tempted by the Dark Side. Though on a Force Nexus like Origin, using the Dark Side will be difficult. Not impossible, and its corruptive influence can still take hold in one's soul."

"I hadn't planned on returning to the village except to check in with both sides. Sounds like that point is moot. As soon as the Professor returns I plan on calling a meeting with the crew. The Professor won't likely attend, but he's made his desires clear to me. I want to discuss with everyone else what we intend to do once we leave Origin, which should be done sooner rather than later. There's nothing left for us here and I'm eager to return the compass to the Pri'locc and get on with our lives."

He glances to where he knows her Talisman to rest beneath her clothes.

"Did you ever imbue your crystal? If not, you should do that soon. We can stay long enough for you to do so, but we should leave immediately after that."
@Tesara Anerin
It is obvious that she is relieved to hear all of this from him.  "Yes, I agree with all you said."  She pulls her talisman from underneath her uniform and holds it."  "I was hoping to do that today.  But as for leaving, there is one very important thing you haven't taken care of yet.  I met her last night.  Alang'idi.  First's servant.  Durro, it was Che'ri that called out that day.  It was her that accidentally called on First.  Alang'idi said that First would want to meet her to find out how it was done.  Che'ri seems to think that Alang'idi is dangerous and warned me about her.  I spent an  hour or so speaking to her and trying to get some information.  She is....interesting.  I didn't encounter her being dangerous though.  Oh and also, I gave Che'ri a padawan braid."  She smiles a little.  "But we have to take care of that before we leave.  I'd like to accompany you but I might not be able to if I am imbuing my crystal."

@Durro Thel-Tanis
"It'll take more than a day, even here." Durro says with a smile. "I taught you how to do it, way back when you were going to be a Jedi. It's been a while though; I can refresh that teaching over breakfast if you'd like."

"As for Che'ri; I saw the braid. I commissioned two sets of Jedi Robes for her as well from the ship's fabrication units. Same place our uniforms came from. She'll be excited to get them, I'm sure. I was initially hesitant, but based on her answers to my questions and some vision I saw in meditation I believe training her as a Jedi is the right thing to do. She'll be a fine Jedi, just like you and Astra."

A look flickers across his face in an instant. Sadness? Despair? Whatever it was is gone as fast as it appeared.

"I know Che'ri is the one who summoned the Dragon lady, you said her name is First? How did you figure it out; I only confirmed it in meditation this morning. Did you tell Alang'idi?"

"Though you're right; she's not dangerous. I don't sense any danger, anyway. Che'ri's fear likely stems from the fact she didn't recognize her as a sophant being when she first appeared aboard the shuttle."
@Tesara Anerin
(((I will need to go to bed soon. Though I sense this is nearly done.)))
Tesara is wringing her hands without realizing it.  She notes Durro's expression and knows what it is about.  She feels a sweep of guilt for being the cause of it.  "Alang'idi said that her mistress was the First, but didn't exactly give me her name.  So out of respect, I just started calling her First.  I confirmed it by simple process of elimination.  It wasn't you, it wasn't Haj as she was nearly dead.  Che'ri was the only other person out there as Handyman was a gigantic 'no way'."  She shakes her head as if to clear it.  "No, I didn't tell her it was Che'ri."

@Durro Thel-Tanis
((Yes, we can finish it tomorrow if you would like as I am just now finishing work))
"How she did it and when are still a mystery to me." Durro says. "I just know, with certainty, that she is the one who did. I hope that's enough for Alang'idi and her mistress."

The two of them are extremely close, just as she saw his brief facial expression he reads her wave of guilt. Mentally he connects her mind to his asking;

"Why are you feeling guilty? My expression had nothing to do with you."

He shares with her a memory; a fragment of a vision received in a meditative state. In her mind's eye she can see darkness falling on the galaxy; not corruption and chaos like the Sith bring, but the natural darkness, death, and night that follow the cycle of light, life, and day. The darkness that is the natural, dual face of the Force; though some external force has made this darkness deeper than other cycles. There is also a sense that it is far beyond being stopped. There is hope, embers of light like faint stars in the darkness. Che'ri is one such ember; in her mid to late twenties and dressed in Jedi Robes. She radiates the Force, hope and light, and helps cure Astra, also in her mid to late twenties, of the darkness in her heart.

"That's why the look; this work of passing on what we've learned is of the utmost importance. We're to light the fire that will carry the embers through the night and bring hope to the galaxy on the other side."

"I don't know about you, but I'm hungry. Come, let's get breakfast and I'll refresh your memory on the process of imbuing your crystal. I'll then go speak with Alang'idi. With any luck, we should be able to leave in a few days; a week at most I'd think."
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara closes her eyes briefly at this wordless exchange.  When it is done, she nods, both to the unspoken and spoken.
"Thank you, Master Thel-Tanis."  She gives him a smile and then follows him to the kitchens to break her fast.

((End?))
/end
((Thank you!))
((NP. It was a good talk, very enlightening. I am excited to see where this Che'ri Jedi path leads.))