The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 912 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 912 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Two: Worlds Colliding
01-26-2017, 11:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2017, 08:04 PM by Akirapryde.)
Changing of the Guard
Changing of the Guard
Coruscant News Network
Broadcast from RWS Vengeance
Date: 2919 AOK

Bail: “Good Morning to all the citizens of the Galactic Republic. I am Bail Organa. Unfortunately, my co-anchor, Sinya Lefe, is still out due to medical reasons. Our prayers for a speedy recovery go out to our colleague during her time of need. Now the news!”

“We are broadcasting live from the Hanger Deck of the Republic Warship Vengeance and what a scene we have before us. With the main hanger doors open, we can see the Republic’s flagship, the RWS Victory, in the distance. That proud ship is flanked by the Vulkan, a Acclamator class assault ship. And the Endeavour, the second Venator class cruiser. These three ships and their brave crews and soldiers make up elite Tenth Republic Division.”

“Normally these three ships would be patrolling their regions of spaced assigned to them by the Jedi Grand Council. However, that will no longer be the case. Chancellor Syrdash has ordered the Tenth Division to this place in space for a special ceremony. Under a special act of the Chancellor, the Tenth Division was removed from under Jedi command. Thus, many Jedi personal who had served with the Tenth Division for years would be reassigned to other Jedi units.”

“However, the Chancellor made plea to those personal to remain with the Tenth Division. To not take their experience and expertise from the unit. She offered that any member of the Jedi Order who wished to remain within the Tenth Division may feel free to do so while not placing their membership within the Order in jeopardy. It is unclear rather any of the Jedi personal will accept the Chancellor’s offer.”

“The more than thirty-five thousand personal is the single largest transfer of personal since the Order of Korriban. While the future of many members of the division might be unclear. What is clear, is the effects on the Jedi Order from the loss of the Tenth Division. The Tenth Division represents a cornerstone of the Jedi’s military flexibility. This comes at a time when the Jedi needs all the forces they have as more and more Temples and Academies across the Outer Rim start to openly defy the Grand Council. This move has only gone to hurt the Grand Council’s ability to react to the swift changing situation in the Outer Rim.”

“While the transfer of the Tenth Division came as a shocker to many. What wasn’t a surprise during the second half of this honored ceremony. The Chancellor’s own son, Jedi Knight Auro Syrdash, officially withdrew his membership to the Jedi Order so he could devote his efforts to serve the Chancellor’s Office. While this move had been whispered in the halls of the Senate building, there were hopes that Master Dooku might be able to use Knight Syrdash to help influence the Chancellor.”

“The surprises of this day were far from over. In a move that surprised even her own military advisors, Chancellor Syrdash named Auro Syrdash as a defender of the Republic. Many suspected that Auro Syrdash would serve the Chancellor in a more political role. Those thoughts came to an end when the Chancellor named Auro Syrdash, Lord Sembla, and announced that he would act as her official liaison in the Outer Rim.”

“I would like to play a short excerpt of what the Chancellor said regarding this critical move.”

Quote:
“In the past months, we have seen peaceful protests grow in to violent uprisings targeting Jedi facilities across the Outer Rim. Mimar is just one example of these violent uprisings. Lord Sembla and his brave group managed to stop the uprising on this this world. Sadly, this didn’t prevent the loss of life that was experienced at the Jedi Temple on Myrkr. While I, the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic, acknowledge that this is a Jedi matter I must also accept that innocent lives will undoubtedly fall between these two factions. Lives will be placed in harm’s way and they will need a protector.”

“Their protector will be my son, Lord Sembla! And to facilitate his mission, I am assigning Lord Sembla the Tenth Division. It is my deepest hope that with the support of the Tenth Division, Lord Sembla will be able to help protect those innocent lives caught in the middle of this growing conflict.”

“A telling statement from the Chancellor herself. For the first time since she took office, she has acknowledged the growing tensions between the Coruscant Jedi Order and those of the Outer Rim. More importantly she has acknowledged that this tension can cause harm to the Republic and its citizens.”

“Placing Lord Sembla in command of the Tenth Division, it has effectively removed Master Ooth Sang as the Jedi commander of the Ten Division. While Master Sang’s post was only a temporary position, it has been suspected within both the Jedi and Republic Military commands that Jedi Knight Kali Demaya would take command of the Tenth Division. Knight Demaya was the former student of the legendary Jedi Master Uris Chun, and was a favorite to led the Tenth Division.”

“Now, for the time being this young protégée will remain in command of the 2nd Battalion, Tenth Division and the Vengeance. It is unclear at this time, if Knight Demaya will request a transfer to another Jedi unit or remain with the Tenth Division. Already Master Sang and six other Jedi have requested a transfer. These are the only changes that we have been informed of through military channels.”

“Based on the changes that the Chancellor has taken; our own analyst has questioned if these changes are within the scope of the Chancellor’s powers. That being said, those very same analyst have all agreed that these changes are well within the power of the General of the Grand Army of the Republic. When the Chancellor first took office, she promised to find a suitable replacement for herself as General of the Grand Army of the Republic.”

“Now with this move made, it has become clear that the Chancellor has no objections of using her previous post to ensure that her vision of the Republic becomes a reality. A path that would surely upset her critics within the Galactic Senate. While this move will come as a complete surprise to those critics, their backlash will not be. We are awaiting word from Vice Chair Ra Cuth’s office for comments on these actions.”

“Near the end of her speech, Chancellor Syrdash unveiled one more surprise for those critics as she targeted her next major political battle.”

Quote:“Democracy has always been at the core of my being. Since I was a little girl, I have always seen the Republic, its voice and leadership [the Galactic Senate] as core to what makes the Republic great. The Galactic Senate has always been the voice of the people. During my many years of service to the Republic, I have seen great and wonderous things come from the Senate. However that is not the case any longer.”

“Since the ruthless murder of my FRIEND and Mentor, Supreme Chancellor, Lord Jedi Sephon Tirrel, conflict has gripped the heart of the Senate. Conflict over the succession of power. These attacks carried out by my political enemies have caused the Republic to become distracted from the real threat that is growing within the Republic. While bickering between members of the Senate are fanned by ranking officials, the growing Jedi crisis in the Outer Rim has gone unaddressed.”

“Unfortunately, I had been distracted with the affairs of the Outer Rim to directly address the growing dysfunction of the Senate. For too long, I have been forced to lead the Republic from the Victory. No More! Now that I can trust that the Republic citizens of the Outer Rim are in the capable hands of Lord Sembla and his Tenth Division, I can refocus my efforts on the Galactic Senate.”

“That the peoples’ agenda is not being addressed. That their voices are not being heard. Forces within the Senate, with strong ties to the Outer Rim, have paralyzed the Galactic Senate using my Chancellorship as a distraction. Somehow claiming that I don’t have any legitimate claim to this honored office. As the Supreme Chancellor, I must acknowledge that this situation in the Senate must come to a head.”

“For those that would ignore the people’s cry for justice, I say this. NO MORE! I am placing my political enemies, rivals and critics on notice! At the closure of this ceremony, I will take the Victory back to Coruscant. I will face my enemies with the courage the people of the Republic has filled me with. I will take to them the battle that they have been craving. If they desire a political war, then that is what they will have.”

“Upon my return to Coruscant, I will call for a general vote within the Galactic Senate to confirm my Chancellorship and put to rest the legitimacy of my administration once and for all. And once I have cleared this hurdle, I have a personal message for Vice Chair Ra Cuth! Once YOU are forced to accept the WILL of the people, I will gladly accept the resignation of you and your cronies! Only then, can the peoples will be done in the Senate.”

“Powerful words from a strong and able leader. You have heard it first, here on CNN. This is Bail Organa, from the Republic Cruiser Vengeance reporting live!”

Messages In This Thread
Chapter Two: Worlds Colliding - by Akirapryde - 12-22-2016, 09:14 PM
Worlds Colliding - by Akirapryde - 12-22-2016, 09:17 PM
Actions Revealed - by Akirapryde - 01-05-2017, 09:47 PM
RE: Worlds Colliding - by Akirapryde - 01-13-2017, 10:45 PM
Whatever Happened to Ms. Chaanu - by Akirapryde - 01-23-2017, 09:54 PM
Changing of the Guard - by Akirapryde - 01-26-2017, 11:09 AM
RE: Worlds Colliding - by Akirapryde - 02-05-2017, 03:03 PM
Bitter Defeat - by Akirapryde - 02-08-2017, 08:16 PM
RE: Worlds Colliding - by Akirapryde - 02-12-2017, 07:28 PM
Setting up an Inferno - by Akirapryde - 02-14-2017, 08:27 PM
Amassing an Army (Part One) - by Akirapryde - 02-21-2017, 08:37 PM