The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 912 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 912 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conversations in the storm 4-1-22
05-29-2022, 11:09 AM,
Conversations in the storm 4-1-22
Tesara Anerin — 04/01/2022
Tesara doesn’t speak again for quite a long time while she patiently brushes Astra’s hair, careful not to pull or cause pain.  The process is exactly what she needs. As she brushes her mind is working furiously.  Where is Hadaza?  Are Durro and the professor with her?  Did Falynn know that she and Astra might try to stop any of these rituals they are doing which is why she left her son with them?  Why is he so….
She doesn’t even have a word for what it is. She is unsettled on so many different levels.  The wind howls outside as she works. It is about an hour when she finishes and begins to separate the hair into sections to begin braiding.  She watches him, waiting for him to fall asleep.  Astra looks as lost in thought as she does.
@Princess Astra Korraay
Princess Astra Korraay — 04/01/2022
Astra was also patently helping Tesara brush her hair.  She was lost in thought. Did the boy really not understand her objections. She was not a member of these people did not believe the same way they did. It made no sense. She was quite for some time. Until tesara started braiding her hair. " Dose he really not understand. Why I would not take part in such a ummm... Ritarul willingly" She asked finally.
@Tesara Anerin
TheTraveler — 04/01/2022
Jer'rin shook his head, "rather I believe it or not does not matter."

He frowned as he set across the way watching the two women work on Astra's long hair. "My mother always told me that one of the principle differences between Olivan and Coruscant is the understanding and respecting if the meny different traditions and beliefs around the Galaxy."

He reached over and handled a roll of string to Tesara as he spoke. "Olivan has less strict ways of beliefs in the Force, this is true. But their way is only seen as the one true tradition of the Force. As my mother had been taught, the original Force Tradition."

"Coruscant accepts that there are many other traditions, some even older than those belonging to the Jedi. They draw the line, when tradition actively seeks and empowers the Dark Side."

He motioned around, "from what my mother has uncovered here, these people's beliefs have been sheltered and preserved for thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, possibly even millions of years."

He leaned back, "for her this is like looking back in time."

He shrugged, "who knows who is right or wrong. That isn't the question." Leaning forward, "the question is, how does this define who we are."

Once more shrugging, "I can't even ask that question of myself."
@Princess Astra Korraay @Tesara Anerin
Tesara listens, braiding.  She accepts the string but uses it sparingly.  She glances at Astra then back at Jer’rin.  “No one has these answers. But I trust in the Force to guide us.  We joined the professor on a mutual quest to stop the swarm which turned into a quest to stop Malora.  That, above all else is the reason that we are here.”
" wail respecting other cultures is important its also important to know where to draw the line. Just as these people have their culture and traditions that they must follow I have mine. I know and can feal my path doesn't end here.  If it were you who found the Storm rider how would you respond. " she said gently.
@Tesara Anerin @TheTraveler
“And if that were to happen I can’t help wonder how your mother would feel about it as well.”  She twists the braids then loops them into each other.  “Of course, you would have a choice to make.”
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 04/01/2022
He frowned, "I don't know Tesara. I know my mother would not intervene upon my behalf."

He turned to Astra, "you are queen of your own world and people. What would you do if your laws demanded one of them to die."

"Would you dare anger your people, ignore your laws and beliefs. Or expect them to honor your own laws and beliefs?"

@Tesara Anerin @Princess Astra Korraay
" I think your mother would she loves very much." She said gently.

" Well, that depends on why such a law exists in the first place. I believe I would work to change that law. To find a better path forward. It's something that would take and if done right would not outright anger the people. " she said gently.
@TheTraveler @Tesara Anerin
TheTraveler — 04/01/2022
Jer'rin frowned, "I don't believe my mother would. Yes she loves, as you say, very much. But since coming here, she has become as much a deeply spiritual person."

He looked at Astra while tilting his head, "better for who?"

He leaned back as he continued his counter argument, "and who are you to determine what is better?"

@Princess Astra Korraay @Tesara Anerin
The corner of Tesara's mouth turns up in the tiniest smirk.  "The Queen."
TheTraveler — 04/01/2022
Jer'rin grins, "so as a Queen she would know better than the Spirits or the Force?"

"Sounds to me, like the philosophies of Olivan..." he added as he leaned back.
She smiled softly. " A path that is better for my people. A true queen seeks to protect the lives of her people. Why else would I be out here if not to protect my people and their home? You believe the force or spirits would demand the deaths of the people who worship them. That seems very counter productive would you not agree" She asked.
Tesara says nothing, but feels a rush of pride for her friend.  Astra has grown in leaps and bounds of late.  Her heart may be broken but her spirit is not.  She finishes the last plait and sets it in place then turns to look at Jer'rin, waiting for his reply.  @TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 04/01/2022
He laughs, "again, it doesn't matter what I believe."

He leaned forward and spoke with honesty, "do you believe you know better than even the Will of the Force."

He motioned towards, "it was her action that led you in to the storm, not your own."

He motioned to the hair, "it was your hair and the wind that caught the Storm Rider."

He smiled, "who is to say it wasn't the Will of the Force that all this has transpired."

He leaned back gathering his thoughts for a moment before adding, "maybe this is where your path is meant to end. Or again, do both of you believe you know better then the Force or Spirits themselves."

"Oh I absolutely believe that the Force led us here, led us out into the storm, and led the Storm Rider to be caught in Astra's hair.  I am not so full of ego to think that I know better than the Force.  But I also know that I trust it.  Whatever lessons we are to learn from it are yet to be determined.
Astra smiled " Who is to say im not flowing the will of the force. As you have said no offworlder has caught the storm rider. Who is to say this is not the possible start of sumthing new for these people. A new way for them to communicate with their spirits perhaps." She said gently.
"I would agree.  I am curious altogether to figure out how the elders are made aware of the Storm Rider's choice?  If it is the only one in existence and no others exist to do any choosing, how does the beetle inform the elders or the village shaman as to who his or her choice was?"  Her tone is careful and curious.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 04/01/2022
Jer'rin turns his head to Astra, "it is a strange thing. To question which is right. Does your path end here or continue."

He turned Tesara, "normally this is seen as a honor, families will rejoice at the event and celebrate the choice of the Spirits."

He frowned, "you could conceal the whole, and I won’t say a word about it. Then no one would know and there would be no decision for the Elders to make regarding Astra's life or death."

Tesara ponders this.  “So anyone the storm rider chooses that person or their families are the ones that notify the elders.”  She sounds thoughtful.  “To keep in concealed is a lie.”  She turns to look at him sharply.  “Has there ever been a storm where no storm rider chose a messenger?”
@TheTraveler
Astra watches waiting patiently for an answer.
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 04/01/2022
Hr thinks for a moment, then answers. "I have seen some thirty to forty storms come and go. Not once had I seen a storm where there is no messenger chosen."

" which means keeping this secret could be a problem. Wail there people and there families consider it an honor we astra said gestering to her and Tesara do not. This is quite the puzzle undead." she said.
Tesara is frowning.  She looks down at her lap. The wind is howling within and without.  Voices from her childhood echoing in her ears.  She closes her eyes.  “I must sleep and dream on it.  I’ll ask the spirits for guidance.”  She says.  She turns and presses her cheek to the sturdy hide that protects them from the storm.

*This would be easier if it had chosen me.”

She begins the breathing that will take her into mediation.  It is a long time before her mind quiets enough to do so.

(OOC Astra you can continue speaking with him but Tesara cannot)
@TheTraveler @Princess Astra Korraay
" thank you for helping me with my hair. Sleep well" Astra says. She take her cloke off and sets it over Tesara. She looks at the boy for a moment.

Befor she setles on the floor and closes her eyes with the intent to meditate on this puzzle. Though if the boy chooses to ask a question or speak to her she will answer.
@TheTraveler @Tesara Anerin
TheTraveler — 04/01/2022
/end

Messages In This Thread
Conversations in the storm 4-1-22 - by Anatketani - 05-29-2022, 11:09 AM