The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 912 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 912 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Comforting Thought 4/9/2022
05-29-2022, 11:16 AM,
A Comforting Thought 4/9/2022
Durro Thel-Tanis — 04/09/2022
With the girls, Handyman, and Tesara ready to go Durro goes to find Haj and let her know they are departing.

He finds her in the same spot she has been, the stormy sounds still playing through the room's speakers. He smiles and approaches softly, gently kissing her forehead and softly speaking;

"Parii? Are you awake?"
@Haj
Haj — 04/09/2022
She starts a little at his touch, but immediatley relaxes at his voice and familiar scent. "No. Yes. I'm sorry. I was meditating and I must have dozed off," she blinks, rubs her eyes, and grins sleepily up at him.
@Durro Thel-Tanis
Durro smiles at her and kisses her softly on the cheek.

"The girls, Tesara, and I are about to head out with Handyman to the village. I just wanted to let you know in case you need anything before we leave."

"I also wanted to update you on some information I've obtained."
@Haj
Haj — 04/09/2022
She shifts slightly, wincing just a little, but reaches to take his hand. "What information, min kjærlighet? Anything that Astra should also hear, in case my jailer returns to put me back in my cell?", she says with a sardonic smile.

She looks over at the young jedi, who still appears to be deep in meditation.

@Durro Thel-Tanis
Durro glances over as well, her position near the door meaning he had missed her when he walked in.

"No, not really. She told me most of it."

He continues softly, after sensing that Astra is indeed oblivious to his presence.

"While I'm in the village, I need to speak with Master Drease. Both Astra and Tesara mentioned that she knows Astra was captured and 'programmed' by The Crusade. They apparently also mentioned you had been in a Crusade uniform when we found you, and Falynn assumes you are programmed as well. Apparently there's a way to 'cure' it, to get rid of it, but it's dangerous. Still, I want to know how, for all our sakes. I'll keep you posted."

He gathers himself, as if ticking a mental list, and continues.

"I had a vision just a few minutes ago; a pull in the Force. There's an oasis some distance from here with a woman I didn't recognize standing by the water. I also had the urge, almost audible words in my mind; 'Come.' I sense this invitation was for me alone, so after I see how today goes I'll make plans to find this oasis. I still want to speak to the Professor about what we all saw with The Judges, though."

After ticking this mental box, he smiles and adds just a litter more quietly;

"Also, last night; after our breakfast but before Tesara and Astra came back I did reach out with the Force and contact the avian I heard in the storm and that Cheerie heard calling with my voice. It's a truly terrifying being; ancient and powerful. It's been watching me and my group since before we arrived here. I communicated with it and it showed me a few things; memories it has and one vision in particular I thought you might like. I saw you, from a great distance; old, twilight years I'd say, but still beautiful. You were surrounded by children with fair skin and red eyes, giving them candy, and then I came and joined you; same age, twilight years. I sat down and you with me, where I offered to tell them a story. That was when the image faded and the avian left."

He smiles at the memory and gently takes her hand.

"Get better quickly. I'll be back in a few hours."
@Haj
Haj — 04/09/2022
She chuckles slightly and shakes her head. "You've been busy since we had breakfast, Durro." she says with a laugh in her voice.

After taking it all in, she addresses each point in turn, "First, we've discussed that the Crusade likely manipulated something in my creation, so that's no surprise, though I am surprised to hear about the Princess. Heal her first, if you can. She is an innocent in all this." She fondly looks over at Astra, still meditating on the floor. "Once she's out of the woods, we can address what, if anything, still lurks in my own head."

Her brow furrows as she reaches for the bare place at her throat. "Could that ancient presence be one of the All-Father's ravens? They are called Thought and Memory, and are supposed to be His eyes and ears. It could be that this is the creature, or creatures, that is responsible for that mythology. If so, you are approaching a significant and powerful being. And, if your vision is true, possibly more than one.  Or maybe the same one. There is no gender ascribed to the ravens in question." She worries her lip. "Take care. It feels like they know more than they let on and will twist what you think you know to suit their purpose. Or maybe that is my own suspicion coloring my perceptions, " she owns.

Her eyes are flitting back and forth as her mind is speeding to put what may be otherwise disperate pieces together. If nothing else, they may offer a difference perspective than his own.

She comes back to the room from whatever distant journey into thought and memory that she had been on and grins up at him. "Twilight years? Surrounded by children?  It means that we beat Malora ... that life goes on.  Yes, that makes me very happy to hear. Thank you for sharing it with me." she trails off with a wistful smile, looking up at him with unabashed affection.

She squeezes his hand. "My heart goes with you, Kjære. I'll see you in a few hours."

@Durro Thel-Tanis
Durro nods, his smile still large and genuine, and quietly leaves the room. Time for his class to take a field trip.
/end

Messages In This Thread
A Comforting Thought 4/9/2022 - by Anatketani - 05-29-2022, 11:16 AM