The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cabal Meeting
02-13-2016, 02:34 AM,
RE: Cabal Meeting
None of the titles made any sense to Rebecca. She read the duties and was equally confused at whay her duties were. The only thing that made any sense was the instruction for her to assist Simon. Clearly Richard intended on having her keep an eye on Simon. After all he did hint at the fact that he couldn't trust Simon.

It was something that she didn't agree with. If Richard had trust issues he should lay them out in the open before everyone. But she promised to follow. So in doing so, she kept her mouth closed on the subject.

She looked at the paper getting her feel for her duties. She couldn't put her fingure on it. But while Richard had changed, the situation really didn't seem to have changed. It was a feeling that bothered her, a lot.
02-13-2016, 03:11 AM,
Richard noticed the confused look from Rebecca's face before turning toward his brother. "I will be helping Kira as a Farseeker as well as being the Lorekeeper. I expect Rebecca's reports will help with that."
02-13-2016, 03:28 AM,
Rebecca nodded, "I can get you copies of those reports since the very first day. This will help you build a strong history for our Cabal."

She turned and looked at Simon with a genuine smile on her face, "i am looking forward to working with you Simon. Between our Arcanas, I am sure we can do some pretty cool things. Though I suggest that you start to learn Prime, if you don't already have it."
02-13-2016, 03:45 AM,
"Kira, the war with the vampires is going to start hearing up. We need any supplies that can be useful against them both offensively and defensively. Also, I want you to work with Simon to find and secure a safehouse in the city. We need a place to fall back to in case of emergencies while we are in town." Kira had been quite during the meeting. Richard considered reading her mind but he would hold himself to his own rules just like he would anyone else. A week of doing the dishes wasn't worth the hassle just to avoid asking her what was going on with words. "If there is nothing any of you would like being up I believe I am finished".
02-13-2016, 04:47 AM,
Rebecca raised her hand. " If you are looking for a secure safe house. Then that is a good idea. Might I suggest that we awaken a hollow in said safe house plus add some spells and wards to protect it. Maybe even awaken the spirit of the hollow. This will give us a safe place to be and we can defend it with all of our magic."

Rebecca really wanted to show Richard that she was willing to back him up and support his ideas. She needed to prove to him that he could count on her.
02-13-2016, 10:33 AM,
Kira set there in silence more concerned with the sunglasses and makeup on Rebecca's face. It was clearly out of the ordinary for her sister. She wondered what could have caused Rebecca to put on makeup like that. She didn't see any obvious bruises or wounds that could explain it. As the group's conversation continued, Kira attempted to refocus her mind on what was going on. She decided to speak with Rebecca regarding the makeup after the meeting.

Then came the topic of rules which caused Kira to halt all train of thoughts. She had been there to see Simon's latest prank on Richard. It wasn't very funny. But more than that Kira found it to be immature. As she thought back about it, she was flooded of memories regarding the long running pranks and bitterness that both Simon and Richard had put them through here at the house. Sure they worked kind of well together on missions. But outside of the missions, things were pretty bad. There had been more than one occasion where she and Rebecca had actually thought about leaving the house all together. The entire situation had created such an atmosphere at the the house that Kira hated it. She felt as if the things had gone completely out of hand. Kira also felt that Rebecca had been forced to bare the blame of the situation unfairly.

But then Simon was gone and things almost overnight got better. The Cabal started working closer together and they staged one of their most brilliant victories. Kira smiled inward as she remembered the battle which was featured before the werewolves. Even though she didn't really do much during the battle, she was still proud to be a part of it. She recalled watching Richard and Rebecca work together as if it was second nature to them. And then came the battle at the art gallery. Again Rebecca and Richard had really worked well together in taking down that mage right from under the nose of Mr. Black.

But now something seems to be off with the Cabal and Kira couldn't put her finger on it. She wondered if Richard could deliver on his promise to lead. More than that, she wondered if Rebecca and Simon are willing to fallow Richard's lead. There were so many unanswered questions about the current situation. Kira leaned back as she continued to wonder through her own thoughts.

While lost within her thoughts, Kira heard her name come up as Richard handed out roles within the Cabal. Kira waited her turn then uttered the word, "Farseeker" she said with smiled. "My father was the Farseeker in his Cabal" she added as she read over the paper and gave Richard a nod. "I will do my best, Richard" she said with pride.
02-13-2016, 11:07 AM,
Simon then stood up and slapped his hand against the table. "Also, I really as feel as though we need a good old fashioned vacation. A lot has changed since I've been gone." Simon then paused, and stood up to stare at the ceiling. "Youse guys came together like a tight knit thing. When I came back I've been acting like no time at all has passed." Simon then let out a breath of air and walked around the table. He gave Rebecca a big hug.

"You're great Rebecca. Thank you for keeping great records and being a good friend." Simon then smiled warmly to Rebecca. Simon figured it was truly time to really put things behind them as a history they could learn from. Simon then turned to Kira and gave her a hug as well.

"You always pull our Bacon out of fire. I'm glad we could help youse out. Don't be afraid to speak up more Kira. You're a firecracker." Simon grinned warmly before moving to his brother.

Simon then gently hugged his brother. "This guy believed in me when I was coming backs. I still don't know what happened, but dammit it was nice to feel ok. Youse guys need to let me know whats what new, but I'm glad to be back." Was speaking warmly. "Youse guys really accepted me back, and I wanted to thank you all about that. I knows I'm stubborn and a bit of an arse at times, but even a simple guy like me can see ya'll really have grown whilst I was gone."

Simon then stood to Solaire and smiled, turning to try and get all of the Cabal in his view, and waited.
02-13-2016, 12:33 PM,
Richard listened to Rebecca's suggestions and nodded approvingly. Everyone seemed to be responding well to the meeting and he was glad no one was fighting him on any of his ideas. Even Kira was pleased with the title she had been given. He liked that her father had the same job, it would give her a resource to call on for advice.

Simon stood up and started hugging everyone. He acknowledged his short coming and really seemed to make a genuine effort to make nice with everyone. Richard hugged his brother back when it was his time. "Thank you, Simon" Richard look around at everyone. They all seemed to be in a good place right now. "I look forward to hearing about each of your progress with everything you all have to do." He started for the door.
02-13-2016, 07:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-13-2016, 08:28 PM by Akirapryde.)
(OOC: This post was edited at the suggestion of the Party Leader)

Rebecca watched Simon approach and assumed that he was going to try something overboard. She knew how Simon shifts between extremes. She slowly but steadily raised her hand and stopped Simon from getting close to her. "Sorry Simon, no hugs today." She said quickly and then paused a moment. She added "Its one of those days" she said respectfully and stepped back keeping a distance between her and Simon.

'Why does he always have to go over board in moments like this' Rebecca thought as she looked over at Richard. She hoped that both would understand why she didn't want to be touched. Despite the fact that she normally isn't an overly emotional person. But at the same time she didn't want to take away from this moment. Nor did she want to make a scene. Her only hope was that Simon would accept her polite refusal and let it be. But in her mind, the battle was just beginning.

Even though she was watching the scene from behind sunglasses, her eyes found Richard in that awkward moment. 'Please Richard, understand' she pleaded in her mind. Rebecca hated the fact that she would stand out. Or worse yet, possibly, casting a cloud over Richard's first major show of leadership. She just really didn't want anyone touching her. She felt everyone in the room looking at her. Watching her every action. Never before had she felt the pressure of the Cabal upon her, than like this moment. Or was it just her own thoughts in conflict with each other. Her mind raced as a conflict started to rage within her.

In that moment she did a very rare thing. She opened herself up to Richard. Almost as if sending up a flare for Richard to sense, she invited him to observe the conflict within her. She didn't know what to expect from the conflict. However she wanted to build on what she already shown him before. He had to see how situations like this effected her. She opened herself up to his mind and invited him in (Mind + Gnosis = 3 Successes), now it was up to him to watch.

It was by far the worst time she could think of to be forced to be overly emotional. Her emotions were still running very high from what she and Richard had gone through earlier. She was barely holding on to her state of calm as it was.

But she felt as if she didn't play in to the scene with Simon, that she would be held responsible. Even though what Simon was doing was crossing a line with her. She never liked being overly touchy as it was. Personal space was something that she guarded very dearly.

Still there was Richard. Rebecca didn't want to let Richard down. In the back of her mind, she could hear his voice, 'don't be surprise if the feud continues, now.' As milliseconds ticked away, Rebecca thought of all the different ways this could play out and how she would be held responsible for all the different outcomes. She didn't want to be the cause for the feud continuing. But how far outside of her comfort zone would she be expected to go. Deep down where only Richard could see, Rebecca wanted to cry. There was no where for her to turn.

In the end it was Richard that changed her mind. For no other reason, she wouldn't be the cause of his leadership failing. She owed it to him. She drew in a deep breath and ended the conflict within, "You know what. Come here" she said then embraced his huge. She struggled to be as relaxed and to conceal her raging emotions as much as possible (Resolved+Composure+Willpower = 5 Success).

Beyond everything else, she wouldn't fail Richard!
02-13-2016, 08:55 PM,
100th Post!

Used it to complete a successful cabal meeting. Yay! Walks out buoyed and happy.