The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Three (Closure)
03-17-2016, 06:18 PM,
RE: Chapter Three (Closure)
[OoC: we were supposed to take a picture of stars or something like that, no?]
In turn they tested each Clan namesake
In trial against the Ice Hellion's mettle.
Each chased the Ice Hellion, hunting it down.
All failed to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said, "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance (Clan Ice Hellion) Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1 - 5
03-17-2016, 08:35 PM,
"If you would like to discuss that, Certainly, get the pictures out and Alice take your noteputer and we can compare the maps, I am sure that you will find this is not a deception. That said does anyone else have any suggestions or input?" His eyes scanned the group, waiting to see if there were any others with that input leaving Adrian and Alice to look for when they were.
03-18-2016, 01:58 AM,
We should try to find out about all the players in this game. We know a couple of them but we could ask our "new" friends to help us there pretending that while checking our communication material, we spotted some strange transmissions.

And speaking about which, before doing anything, I will secure again our communication network.

03-18-2016, 05:48 AM,
Erik nodded. Adrian had a good background that gave him a good insight into things, and his focus was on the right priority, gathering information, and he could tell the man was suspicious of the ones that had rescued them and exactly how friendly they would be. He was wise too, that was good to know. Waiting for the others to speak, he pulled the microbead transmitter out of his ear and gave it to Adrian. "Everyone please let Adrian have your com devices so he can secure the network again."
03-18-2016, 09:02 AM,
Alice raised her hand, "I am on the pictures" she said taking the images from Adrian and fed them in to her computer. Her fingers flew across the keyboard as she compared notes. After a few moments she let out a sigh of disappointment, she closed her eyes as well as her computer.

She paused a moment before uttering, "You are right Eric." She turned to look at the group, "despite how much I want this to only be a deception. It's not, the stars don't lie."

She leaned back as if her heart had been cut out. She barely followed what was going on. She finally was able to speak, she said, "I do not have a communication device."
03-18-2016, 02:13 PM,
Jake offered up his com device, and it was clear that there were warring emotions in his heart.

After a few moments passed, he spoke up. "So, where do we go from here?" The question proved immediately to be rhetorical as he continued before anyone could answer.

"I'm thinking I should stay close to Kimiko, we could learn important stuff by sticking with her. And," he added, his face reddening, "I'd want to stay with her anyhow." It was clear that he was developing strong feelings for Kimiko--not quite romantic feelings, perhaps, as of yet, but a strong bond was forming. She'd opened up her heart for Jake, and he felt the need to return the favor. And there was something about the Kuritan girl that fascinated him--her manner, her composure...He quickly turned his thoughts to something else. "Only thing is, from what we've learned...we'll be up against a lot. Possibly the entire Lyran Alliance. Not to mention more assassins..."
03-18-2016, 05:40 PM,
Suki thought long and hard before speaking, "Okay I have an idea on what we should do" she said trying to turn towards the rest of the group. She wasn't sure where everyone was, but she tried. "we could go to Comstar and tell them everything. After all if anyone can help us, it will be Comstar. They can even help your Kimiko friend."

She reached over to see if Adrain was still there. She didn't feel him but she tried to speak to him. "Comstar has a history of helping those in need. They have a history of being not bias and remaining neutral in conflicts between factions. This has given them an ability help negotiate peace between warring parties." She spoke with conviction in her eyes and honesty in her voice.

She turned to the rest of the group, "so what do you guys think? are we going to Comstar for their help?"
03-18-2016, 06:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-19-2016, 01:55 AM by Ice Hellion.)
[Ooc I was interrupted in writing my post so that it took me longer than expected and I didn't see Kimiko's post. I will update mine to react to ComStar]

While working on the different comms to change the frequency and cryptographic key, Adrian was thinking fast after all he was the one in charge of gathering info and analysing it and there should be a way to find out what was going on.

With a sorry smile, he looked at Suki

Hey little Tiger, I know you are a ComStar groupie and I am sure you believe that ComStar is good and neutral but trust me on that one, big organisations are like the mob, they gather intel and do whatever they need to do for the best of the interest. ComStar is no different.

Looking at Alice while working

Ok. So we are in the past, which is something impossible. So Doc, you'll have to explain that to us but this can wait.

Turning to face the others, Adrian decided to launch himself

I think we can work along and follow our different leads.
Jake could go to Kimiko and see if he can gets more info. I would go with Suki to check the bodyguards and tell them about the so-called errors in communications we found and ask if someone might be hacking us/them. This could allow us to have a good look at their material. Erik could go to the officers and say that he has intel about a virus.
And to make this plausible before leaving, I will extract a little something of this virus, make it harmless and launch it from here on another computer while erasing our tracks.

With a big smile

Does this sound like a plan?

03-18-2016, 08:02 PM,
"I don't think that is the best of ideas, splitting up worked well before, but at the moment things have the potential to start moving very quickly in short order. Right now we have an in with Kimiko, and her body guards will likely be attached to her side at any rate. Kimiko wants to go to New Earth and sift through the problems there. As far as this other party and virus it seems that Kimiko now has some authority that we can make use of at the same time making ourselves of use to her. We have the in from Jake, that should be enough to get a meeting with her. From there we can offer to help her investigate this as we are an outside party. This gives us a legitimate way of locating the information that we already have and we can bring it to her attention."
03-19-2016, 01:57 AM,
Rumbling

You are right, we need to keep the big picture on the map and not get distracted.

Still rumbling

But I still believe we need to find out more about the 2 groups before going anywhere and doing anything.