The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Two: A Whole Old World
12-20-2015, 10:29 PM,
RE: Chapter Two: A Whole Old World
Eric stayed still as he had been in asleep now that he was properly positioned to see what he could. All three while he listened to the goings on and how Jake handled the question. Though he was interested in how he had not corrected the major in the topic of who he worked for he stayed silent and still.
12-21-2015, 11:42 AM,
The major’s eyes narrowed, “a flyboy out of the academy” he said half questioning with sarcasm dripping from his words. The major moved back from the table and motioned for the other two guards to either side of the bed where Jake was laying while he spoke in Japanese. Whatever he said caused the others to give a bit of laughter.

He turned to the female officer and spoke something in Japanese. On that statement she reached in to her pocket and pulled something out. She tossed it through the air and the major caught the item. He walked back over to the bed where Jake laid and thrust the Steiner Royal signet ring in Jake’s face. “So just a fly boy fresh from the academy, a merc, in service as a personal pilot to a Steiner!” The grip on his sword tighten, but the major pulled back for a moment. “I will tell you, Lieutenant Straker, you have found grand employment. The Steiners play very well.” He said putting the ring in his pocket and looking at the two guards now towering over Jake, “why are you here” the major asked plainly.
12-21-2015, 12:19 PM,
"Hey, I--" Jake cut himself off and swallowed, gazing defiantly however up at the guards. "The man needed a ride. I gave it to him. We weren't going on some sort of invasion if that's what you were thinking," he added hotly.
12-21-2015, 12:25 PM,
Thorchan starts to come around and says “Holy geebers! Now I know why I didn’t become a Tech Head. Energy fields suck.” He quickly sits up only to fall back down. “Holy shit. I think maybe I should just say here for a moment.” He pats himself and says “What I need is some fresh air. Now where is my cigar?”
12-21-2015, 12:47 PM,
Perfect, the captain was up. He knew something, and what was more it would be someone to corroborate Jake's sorry.That is something he was glad that Jake had at the moment. This would have him time to gather more information. If he tried to protect the others it could easily come across as his acknowledging them, something that would be best avoided if possible.

While he stayed out he pondered how they had been picked up, and what her knew about what has happened so far and the circumstances that had led them to that position. He came up blank, must've been the bump to his Hess.

The captain could start with the story about what had gone on, they'd get to that eventually, and his reaction would be the best shot Eric had of making them believe the truth.
12-21-2015, 12:52 PM,
Major Tetsuhara looked down in to Jake's eyes with the kind of seriousness that only comes from hitting a nerve. The grip on his sword tightened once more, "some sort of invasion....." he had meant to speak more but was clearly interrupted by Thorchan.

With the attention shifted from Jake, the old man walked over to Thorchan's bed as he reached in to his pocket and pulled out a cigar. The man before Thorchan was an elderly half African, half Japanese officer. He wore three swords and a noble Draconis military uniform. It was clear that the man commanded authority in the room.

His voice was calm and steady as was his command of the English language. "It is not your brand and you can not light it here. But here" he said giving the cigar over to Thorchan. "Maybe you will be more helpful. I am Major Yoshi Tetsuhara. Your pilot and I were talking about why you and your Steiner ally over there are here." His voice was claim as he waited for Thorchan to answer.
12-21-2015, 05:50 PM,
Thorchan looks up and down at the man standing in front of him. "Ok. One. You look like one of them Draconis character but you are offering me a cigar, which ain't bad. I should inspect it for other stuff but I really need it. Two. I am used to chewing these babies up, so its cool. Three. Why cant I light this baby up? Where the hell ARE we and why does my head hurt so much? Finally, who the hell are you?" He tries to look at him straight in the eye but his head hurts too much and lays back down.
12-21-2015, 07:33 PM,
Seeing he hit a nerve, Jake decided to go quiet, meekly waiting to be addressed. He waited for Thorchan to speak, hoping not to get himself deeper in trouble than he already was. The young man relaxed, humming to himself.
12-21-2015, 08:52 PM,
Major Tetsuhara smiled as he leaned over Thorchan while holding the cigar in his off hand. “Draconis Character?” he sneered and added while looking at the cigar, “You should inspect it?” The man’s eyes narrowed as his muscles flexed, his eyes shifted back to Thorchan. “Allow me to help you with your inspection” Major Tetsuhara said slowly crushing the cigar. While he continued to crush the cigar Major Tetsuhara continued, “Two, I hope you enjoy chewing your cigar. Three, you can’t light it because you are in a medical bay where open flames could be dangerous.” As the last bits of the cigar fell upon Thorchan chest, Major Tetsuhara wiped his hand on Thorchan’s chest, “Oh and finally, we are the ones who saved you and your crew from a lifeless shuttle. Some gratitude and answers should be in order.”
12-21-2015, 10:06 PM,
Eric continued to pretend that he was unconscious he should have known the captain would not have been particularly eloquent in such circumstances. He only hoped that he would get around to telling them about their circumstance before they decided he was being too uncooperative.