The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Honor Amung Thieves (Eli & Arwen)
09-03-2017, 07:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-03-2017, 07:31 PM by Akirapryde.)
Honor Amung Thieves (Eli & Arwen)
Elironda’s feet hit the ground with all the grace of any bird. As she transitioned from flight to walking, she folded her wings around her. She really didn't care about the preparations the party were taking. She really didn't care for the plan, but it was the best she could come up with that would keep Gar from driving the party in to slavery. She walked with determination towards Arwen as the party was loading up. Eli placed her hand on Arwen’s shoulder as she spoke in elvish, “Sheep are moved in wagons,” she said softly. She made a point to glance around, “creatures of prey stalk their victims.”

She pointed to trees, “the wagons have to move at a slower pace due to their load and maintaining spacing. There should be no reason why we can't keep up while moving off the road.” She smiled as she continued to speak in elvish and nodded, “anyway, I want to speak with you…” she glanced at the rest of the party, “alone.”
09-03-2017, 08:05 PM,
RE: Honor Amung Thieves (Eli & Arwen)
Arwen hadn't been really keen on getting into the wagon with the black ore, even if a tarp was going to cover them. Im her mind she still didn't trust that it would protect her. She was relieved when Eli pulled her aside, listening to her as she spoke in elvish.

"You're right, to be honest I didn't really want to hide in there. I think I like your plan better." Arwen slowed down to talk to Eli out of ear shot. "So what did you want to talk about?" she asked in elvish.
09-03-2017, 08:16 PM,
Eli led Arwen deeper in to the woods, "what you did with my bow was very clever." She said moving though the snow and forest. "I was disappointed that we couldn't play our little game back at the capital. She held up a little red stone, "I have a great idea. I will get the stone on Kaleb, you get it off. Then you put the stone on him, and I get it off." She moved the stone in her hand, "the thief that gets caught losses."

Once they were well clear of the wagon, Eli turned as Arwen was speaking. Without warning touched the black stone to Arwen's arm. It made a slight crackle as it shocked her. Eli pulled the stone away quickly as not to cause too much pain.
09-03-2017, 08:39 PM,
Arwen could try to play it off but there were only two thieves in the group. She followed Eli though the snow, paying attention as she spoke, debating.

"What does the winner... " her words were cut off when the black stone touched her arm and she yelped out, feeling a familar zap. Her eyes narrowed as she glared at Elli. "And you wonder why no one likes you! 'Cause you're such an.....imp." She wanted to call Eli something more colorful but stopped herself.
09-03-2017, 08:49 PM,
Eli had completely expected a slap or even a punch, but Arwen held her ground. Eli smiled at the result of her little experiment. It shocked Kaleb and now Awren. It was safe to assume that it would shock the rest of the party.

Eli thought for a moment as she made sure that the stone was safely put away. "I never asked for anyone to like me," she said in elvish. With her hands free, she motioned her intention to heal her fellow elf, "relax, it was to learn something valuable. This stone hurts the party members," she explained as she laid hands on Arwen.
09-03-2017, 09:08 PM,
Arwen sighed softly. "Well, that would be a great gain of knowlege if it wasn't for the fact that the party already knew. Our first reward was at Oceanside, saving the city from rats. We were rewarded with weapons and armor made out of the black ore," she explained. "Oh, right, I have something for you," She handed Eli a green vile, "It's Greenblood Oil, a poison you can use with your arrows. "
09-03-2017, 09:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-03-2017, 09:28 PM by Akirapryde. Edit Reason: minor corrections )
Eli couldn't hold back the smile, "well," she said speaking in Elvish. "if you were more forthcoming then I wouldn't have to shock you." She took the vile, "thank you," she said softly. "I know your family is being held by Hobgoblins, as slaves," She spoke with disdain for the Hobgoblins. "I think freeing them should be a priority for us," she added.

She thought carefully, "can you tell me something? What drew you and your friends together?" She thought again about what she was trying to say, "why are you adventuring together?"
09-04-2017, 07:19 PM,
Arwen's eyes rolled. "I am always forthcoming. Maybe you should have just asked instead of being a silly Mal Viingaal fahliil," changing from elvish to draconic at the end.

Arwen listened to Elli after she took the vile. "I was planning on raising the money and hiring someone to free them for me. Although, now that we are here, if we can work together and break them out that would be much better. It would be nice if the group is in for it. I know Dimple is, and Gar would be as well," she said.

Arwen had to think about Elli's question. "Me and Gar were already together, adventuring as pirates. We all kinda met together at Oceanside. I met Kaleb by trying to flirt with him for a free drink and meal but Gar interfered. Then the others joined in when the guards came in yelling about rats," she explained.

(OOC note: If the information about Oceanside is off, I apologize. Silly mal viingaal fahliil means Silly little winged elf in draconic)
09-04-2017, 08:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-04-2017, 08:56 PM by Akirapryde.)
Eli's eyes widened as she heard the words in draconic. "You speak dragon tongue," she said impressed and switching to Draconic to match Arwen's choice. "As children, we...um...." she said then paused. Her face slowly lost any sign of emotion as she felt her heart long for her long lost family. "My brothers and sister were taught the language of the dragons," she tried to conceal her pain as she spoke using a pleasant tone. (Bluff Check: 14)

She motioned Arwen to start moving through the thick forest. Their direction was parallel to the road as they walked. Ever so often they could see the wagon moving along the road as the two thieves move silently and stealthily among the trees. (Stealth Check: 14)

"Your accent is a bit strange to me," she said softly.

She fell silent as she tried to refocus her mind and the conversation. "Its too random," she said softly. Then turned to Arwen, "it's too random. There has to be a common link between you four that I don't share."
09-04-2017, 09:46 PM,
Arwen listened to Elironda as she spoke, she felt proud of herself. Since they first they met Elironda, she had always looked down upon Arwen. She was even surprised Elironda knew the language as well. The real surprise was listening to Elironda opening up just a little about her family. (sense motive roll: 12)

Arwen turned and moved with Eli as she motioned her to follow. As they started moving along the thick forest, she able to see the wagon moving along the road though the trees. (Stealth check: 14)

Arwen had been silent the entire time giving Eli the chance to speak as she looked confused "Well I was going call you imp but unfortunately it means the same thing in basic as it does in Draconic. Its kinda cool you were taught the language of the dragons as children. I learned it though reading books about dragons. That was when I could find time to read on the pirate ship." She said in Draconic. Though she realized that wasn't what Eli was talking about as Eli spoke again. "oh we all had the same dream. Where Ojer was devoring everything and an horn blew. There was an woman's voice that said you must not fail heralds of the horn blower." Giving an the basic details of the dream.