The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sister, Sister.....
04-28-2015, 05:55 PM,
RE: Sister, Sister.....
Kira nodded her head and closed her eyes as she focused on her breathing. Like Rebecca, she started to speak in Atlantean. Magic started to flow around them as Kira could feel the magic being focused on the two items. She knew the spell that Rebecca was casting all to well. It was one of Rebecca's favorite defensive spells. Kira opened herself up and allowed her mana to be controlled and used for the spells that were being cast. Both items slowly started to glow with magical energy as through the mana and magic, Kira could feel Rebecca's control over it. Together they worked on forming the spells that would be imbued on the two items. With each step, Rebecca guided Kira on what to do and when to do it.
04-28-2015, 06:11 PM,
Rebecca focused on her casting as she could see the magic flowing around her. In her vision, the room glowed hot with the magical properties of the house and of the lay line under it. In that moment, Rebecca had an idea, as Kira was allowing her mana to flow in to the two items, Rebecca reached out using her vision of the world around her. Over and over again, they focused on the spells to ensure that the potency was as much as they each could make it on both items. Between them the two items glowed with the energies that the two mages were imbuing in to them.

As the last of the spells were being cast, Rebecca had a last minute idea. She rationalized that if she could push magic away from something, than it was logical to assume that Rebecca could guide Magic in to something. Reaching out with her senses as she focused on the magical world around her, she felt the upward raising waterfall that filled and engulfed the hollow. Much like how she had 'pushed' magic away from the creature under the lake, Rebecca tried to reach out and guide the magic in to the two items. She had no intention of harming the house, the hollow or any of its operations. Instead she only desired to help use the magic to build on what they created. She wanted to make the defensibility of the two items more potent than what her own limited magic would allow.

Seeing the world like this for Rebecca was a world of contrast. It was like looking through sand when she was away from a lay line, or like standing in the center of a waterfall when she was near one. She was still learning to master this ability to sense magic like this. But one thing Rebecca was sure of, was that she could see the flow of magic through the world in this regard. Much like seeing the Resonance of a place or a person, magic had its own signature. Rebecca was just learning how to sense it. She wasn't sure if her little change in plan would work or not. After all, how could one see a stream of water moving independently of the water fall from within. She put forth her heart in to the task knowing that the mere force of will was not going to move this stream. Instead, she wanted to coax it in to the items little by little. Thus not fighting the flow of magic but instead more asking its to slide over for her. The strain was intense on Rebecca as she reached out with her very being touching the magical waterfall around her. Drawing it up from far below and attempting to guide it towards the items.
04-28-2015, 07:25 PM,
Kira felt the magic between them. Sympathetic casting was nothing new for Kira. It was one of the first methods of casting that she was taught. Through their combine magic, Kira could feel the Rebecca's own energy flowing. Between them was a bond that was stronger as anything that Kira ever felt before. Following Rebecca's guide, Kira allowed her own energy to flow in to the items. In that moment as the final spells were being cast, Kira choose to give Rebecca's item another spell.

"Rebecca allow me to imbue one more spell" Kira asked. Once more the process continued as Rebecca opened up the item so that Kira could cast her spell.

Kira's love for her sister fueled this action. Rebecca was always headstrong when it came to hopeless situations. Rebecca had time and time again stood against the odds. This time she was about to stand up for Simon against an unknown Vampire threat. Kira knew that Rebecca would give her all to help Simon. So she decided to cast a spell on to Rebecca's item that would help Rebecca in her time of need. Kira allowed Fate to decide when this moment would be, thus taking Rebecca's own hand out of the situation. Calling upon her powers over Fate, she summoned up the powers that governed Fate. She wanted Rebecca to be able to call upon a heroic effort when all things were counting on success. Kira cast her spell and imbued it in to Rebecca's item.

In that moment, Kira felt Rebecca calling upon the magic of the house to fuel their spell. Her eyes snapped up to Rebecca. "What are you doing" Kira said in surprise.
04-28-2015, 08:03 PM,
Rebecca heard Kira's voice just as her effort came to an end. She raised her head to see the concern in Kira's eyes. "I was trying something through magic. Trying to guide the Magic from far below to fuel our spells." Rebecca looked down at the two items as their glows slowly started to fade. Rebecca wasn't sure if her effort in coaxing magic to strengthen their spells paid off or not. She looked at the Resonance of the two items and knew that the spells were in fact imbued on them. However if her effort in guiding more magic in to the items worked or not, that was an unanswered question.

"When I was down with that creature, I could see Magic flowing around it. I have been watching how Magic flows when it is not being willed upon. It has a flow in its natural state. And I have been watching other's, like Richard, bend Magic to their will. This seems to drastically change that flow. Magic flows like water, Kira. But it is more than that. It has a pulse and colors to it. I can't really explain it. I know that there is more to understanding Magic than just mastery of the Arcanas themselves," Rebecca tried to explain.

She reached down and picked up the two items. Their glow now completely faded but the magic within them waiting to be activated. She held them in her hand as she examined them carefully. "Magic seems kind of like electricity in a way. It flows in a pattern. Different Arcanas can use that flow to be bent to the will of the mage casting. Much like our hair dryers uses electricity to dry our hair and a TV uses it in a different way."

Rebecca shook her head in confusion. "I am not sure if that this is even the right expression of it. But something about this seems more closer to the truth than I have learned about in the past. Before it was so hard for me to will Magic to do my bidding. But as I sense the flow of magic, I find it a bit easier for me to bend magic to my will." She paused a moment as if she wanted to correct herself. "Not bend magic. More like coax it. I don't think willing Magic to my bidding is the correct use of magic. That method seems more like a struggle against the natural flow. But as I coax the flow in small degrees, it seems to be a bit easier for me to get magic to work my will."
04-29-2015, 04:25 PM,
Kira didn't know what to say to all of this. It didn't make much sense to her. Her own Master had taught her how to work magic to her will. It was common knowledge that mages channel higher realities to change common reality in accordance with their wishes, or to perceive the secret realities hidden from normal sight. For her this is what casting spells was all about. From the sound of what Rebecca was talking about, it seemed that Rebecca believed that magic had a mind of its own. None of that made sense to Kira. Still, she nodded her head but dismissed what Rebecca was saying.

Instead Kira pulled up her phone, "Rebecca we have a problem," she said changing the subject. "It appears that Simon and Richard took your truck at the end of the show and caused a problem on a crowded street."

Kira showed Rebecca the saved video from the day before, "This is popping up all over our fan page, youtube and FaceBook." As the video played out, Rebecca watched while Kira continued. "To make matters worse, Richard said that we would explain how this was done in our next book."
04-29-2015, 05:28 PM,
Rebecca watched the video in disbelief. She understood that the two had all the right intentions. However their method was horrible and exposed the show, Kira and the Cabal to unnecessary scrutiny. "Why would they make such a public show like this" Rebecca questioned as she watched the video. "Then Richard expects us to clean up his mess?" Rebecca was clearly in disbelief over what she was being told. If she knew about this before, she would have never told Richard to speak with the police. Which that leap of faith blew up in her face also.

"Its as if they have no understanding of the Lex Magica," Rebecca added as she watched her Expedition hit the fake Kira and then being tossed down the street. It wasn't lost on Rebecca that the truck wasn't damaged during the accident. There was simply no way she could explain that. "Why are they casting such magic that is clearly leaving behind enduring evidence of magic." She turned and looked to Kira as the video was paused. "We have to do something about this before a Consilium council is convened" Rebecca said in disappointment. "This along with Simon's entanglement with the Vampires as well as his creation of a paradox might have upset the Denver Cabals. I am surprised that we have not been contacted yet. But something tells me that is coming."

She took in a deep breath as she pulled her lap top over and opened it once more. She took her cross from around her neck and inserted it in to the lap top which opened up a document automatically. "I have to make an addition to my report" Rebecca said as she watched the rest of the video to make sure that she didn't miss any detail. "The Silver Ladder needs to be made aware of this from us before they hear about it from someone else. They helped us in Denver, we owe them this much. More importantly, you and I need to speak with Simon and Richard about casting magic so freely. They will bring unwanted attention down upon us by the Consilium if they are not careful."

Rebecca waited till the end of the video to begin typing what she saw from the video. She figured it wasn't required but she included a copy of the saved video for her report, just in case. Her addendum report covered the information about the video and what happened while she and Kira were still in the theater. The detailed addendum offered request for advice on how to address such a situation if a Consilium Council is convened in Denver regarding her Cabal's actions. Rebecca wasn't sure of how she should handle such an event. She also expressed a desire to try to handle the issue within her own Cabal, instead of allowing this issue to go to a Council. She defended Simon and Richard's actions as filled with good intentions but lacking clear understanding of the situation.

She also suggested that the true fault might be found within the Free Council and their reputation for not following the established rules. She reread her words within the report, "Because of this established disregard for order and structure, it is my belief that Simon and Richard are but victims of poor teachings by those who should have known better. To this end, a better teacher could in fact go further in correcting this reckless behavior than any action levied by a Consilium Council. This is my belief and opinion. Which I stand by whole heartedly."

Rebecca finished the addendum to her report ensuring that a response was expected on how to move forward regarding this issue. She once more saved the document then pulled the cross from the lap top. "Kira, I need you to take my phone from the house" Rebecca said noting that she didn't have time to wait to send her report later today. "I need you to call James," Rebecca said speaking of their agent and manager for the show. She had to alert the Silver Ladder of the situation in Denver before someone else did. She inserted her cross in to the phone to upload the addendum. "Ask him to reschedule our next few shows so that we can recover from the events of Denver. Tell him to create what ever cover story he feels is best to insulate the show." She pulled her cross from the phone and handed her phone over to Kira. "I also want a head count of our staff to make sure no one was hurt during what happened in the theater. I never had a chance to ask before we left."

Rebecca was worried about the brash and disregarding behavior of her two Free Council members. She reached down and picked up her own pendent. She looked at the small pendent in her had for a moment before putting it on the chain with her cross. She allowed both to hang before her eyes as she watched the pair together. One was of technology with a strong mixture of magic. Designed so that she could excommunicate with the Silver Ladder without violating the Lex Magica. She was unsure of the different spells that allowed this little cross to work the way it did. The other was her very first magical item created just today by Kira and herself. Both filled with energies, and were remarkable in their own regard. But within the small pendent, she could see Kira's energy flowing with her own. The two energies seemed to compliment each other so well. Rebecca smiled as she took the chain and pulled both items around her neck and fastened it.

Her mind drifted over to Simon and Richard once more. Their actions were reckless and could cause the Cabal so much more problems then need be. She didn't know how to make them see that rushing headlong in to anything was unwise. Time had to be taken and actions had to be thought out before acting rashly. But she couldn't deny that their ages and training were factors in this mistake. With a heavy sigh Rebecca closed her lap top once more and slid off the bed. Picking up the lap top, she walked over to the desk. She returned her lap top next to a picture of her family. Looking at the simple picture for a moment before her eyes shifted around the room. "I think maybe we need to add some spice of home here. It just doesn't feel much like home right now. You know?"
04-29-2015, 06:47 PM,
Kira nodded her head making an mental note to call James once they wrapped up their conversation. She knew all too well about the phone and the importance of sending reports back to the Ladder. Though she was happy that it was given to Rebecca to do and not her. Truthfully, Kira hated the idea of typing up reports and dealing with the time consuming task of going over them to make sure that every detail was accounted for. The whole idea of reports took too much time for Kira to be bother with. "Alright" Kira said softly noting the exhaustion in Rebecca's appearance. "As for the truck and the video, I don't know how to cover that up. But I am sure we will think of something." She got up from the bed and walked over to Rebecca and rested her hand on Rebecca's shoulder. "Don't worry about it. You have always come up with the ideas. I have faith in you," Kira added.
04-29-2015, 06:55 PM,
Rebecca felt Kira's hand on her shoulder and turned to face her long time friend. For all that they had been through, the ups and the down, Kira had never faulted as a friend. Rebecca couldn't have been more lucky to have befriended Kira. "Thank you" Rebecca said softly moving a bit closer to give Kira a friendly, sisterly hug. "You have always been my rock during times of stress," Rebecca added. "I am tired and need my sleep for tonight. Could you please make sure that no one bothers me before..." Rebecca paused for a moment remembering Mr. Black's time for their meeting. She wanted to make sure that she gave a better impression on the Vampire. She noted when sunset would be and the time of the meeting. She also gave herself additional time to get ready and travel. "Say, six thirty."

Rebecca turned and used her knowledge of forces to ensure that no one beating on her door would bother her this time. She reduced the sound around the room and around her bed. "Kira, can I use your phone as a alarm clock please?" Rebecca planned to sleep with the phone to ensure that no one but the alarm woke her up. She needed her rest if she was going to be at her best. Or at least at the best for the situation at hand. She walked back over to the bed and redressed her wound before getting ready to lay down.
04-29-2015, 09:07 PM,
Kira set the alarm on her phone for six thirty at night for Rebecca and handed it over to her best friend. Kira turned and walked back to the bed as she put Rebecca's phone in her own pocket. Once along side the bed she picked up her own pendent. "You have been through a lot Rebecca. You do need your rest," Kira said in agreement as Rebecca moved over to the bed and started to change her bandage. Kira pulled her pendent around her neck and secured it. With a smile Kira gave Rebecca a nod, "sleep well" she said softly and made her way for the door then paused. She realized the risk of an untimely encounter with Simon or Richard.

Turning back to Rebecca, "mind if I use your window?" The request clearly caught Rebecca off guard but was approved. On that note, Kira slipped from the room via the window.

She walked a bit from the house till she was near the lake. Once the phone had a signal, she knew that the report would be uploaded to the Silver Ladder. She opened up the contact list and found James' number. The conversation was short and to the point. She informed him that Rebecca and her wanted to reschedule the next few shows so that the two could recover from the events that happened in Denver. She also asked him to handle any cover story that needed to be explained s that the show could be insulate from the sudden change in schedule. As Kira relayed Rebecca's wishes, she paused a moment almost forgetting about the last request. However, Kira remembered to include the request for a head count. She relayed to him that Rebecca was concerned and wanted to ensure that everyone from the show was safe and okay.
04-30-2015, 11:31 AM,
James informed Kira that one messenger of the crew hand been injured Sarah the lighting technician, but she was safely seen by the hospital there. He also informed her that he had been calling all morning, apparently they were being sued by the owner of a shop was suing them for damage dealt by the car that slammed into it.