The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Profile: Erica Leona McCoy
07-22-2014, 11:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-24-2014, 11:49 PM by Vertroue.)
(Liberties have been taken let me know if I need to change it)

Assignment: USS Thunderchild
Position: Acting Chief Counselor

Born: Oct, 2343 (Stardate: 37295.6(I think?))
Place of Birth: Terra (or Sol III)
Race: Half Human, Half Betazoid
Born To: Joanna McCoy and Unknown. (Mom never said who it was)

Everyone has someone to live up to. In my case it is my grandfather. Leonard McCoy. and Just like my mom who followed him I too followed in their path. Well....trying to at any rate. Same school, for almost the same background. Sociology, psychology, and exobiology as well as a smattering in anthropology and xenopology. I wanted to learn and learn I did.

I wanted to be like him, but not him.

Granny took the divorce hard, mom said, but stayed true to raise my mom. I got to write to gramps a few time growing up and once I started school and the at the University of Mississippi, far more frequently. He was slowly working on trying to get out and settle some where quiet. My luck....He settled back home here in Mississippi, and again my amazing luck....he took up part time teaching at the University. In most of the final classes I was taking. I have never worked so hard to pass a class in my time at school. I usually had the highest rankings for what I did and it was effortless! Not so much with gramps at the wheel. However, pass I did and with still the highest marks.

After classes were done he and I talked about well everything, what I wanted in life, what I wanted to do with the knowledge I was given, and how mom was (he never asked about dad, but he knew something). It was through him that he pushed me to join in his footsteps to join the Starfleet Academy to follow his legacy.

With his suggestion and his recommendation I did so. I was soon placed and working on the USS Thunderchild (NCC-63549). This was right before the Dominion War breakout. Dear good gods talk about trial by fire. I was assigned primarily to help with counselling and arbitration between crew but ...But when the heavy fighting started they needed the help in the med bay. I worked closely with Leana Vanlaere the CMO on board. It seemed at times to never end. However we almost got a reprieve here for a few days of shore leave. It was good to get away but I worry about the ship.

O gods, the Capt and XO, were brought to us...They..they were so far gone. There was nothing anyone could do but ease what they could and move to those that could be saved.

Dammit I am just a head doc...I can't save them even if I was there.

This last fight was one of the worst all told. However there is a silver lining to this. A new acting Captain, and mostly new XO staffing. This can be a good thing, fresh blood, or at least almost fresh blood will be good moral to this crew.

And I think I am the only acting Counselor on board time, to get my act together and help who I can. This is War and I won't be broken that easily. Death is inevitable but not today for me and those I can help stay in one piece mentally.