The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1459 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1459 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1605 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 506 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 810 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1552 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1552 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1605 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 506 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 810 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rule Update and Changes! ALL READ!
11-22-2016, 07:59 AM,
Question  Rule Update and Changes! ALL READ!
Please read and post your acknowledgement of these changes!

Good Morning Everyone from National Harbor!

I must say that our resort is AMAZING! We have a three-bed room that overlooks the Potomac River and only minutes from Washington DC.

Okay enough of that, lol, down to business.

So, there were a few questions about how we do rewards for online activities such as AAR’s (After Action Reviews) and In-Between Game Scenes. I will also be addressing other issues below.

After holding deep conversations with a couple of players, I have come up with a plan that will help everyone.

Any Changes in AAR's?
AAR’s will see no change in how they are done. Each AAR that is considered to reflect growth and reflection of a character considering the most recent game will be awarded a flat 500xp. AAR’s that don’t meet this requirement will be allowed to be enhanced prior to the award being issued.

Here is where the large change will take place.

In-Between Game Scenes Rule:
First, what is an In-Between Game Scene. These are online posts between two or more characters that take place during the time between games. In-Betweens can push the beginning of the next game to cover the time consumed by the In-Between. The important fact to remember, is that there must be enough time for In-Between to take place between the two games to host the In-Between. Nearly ninety percent of all In-Betweens can take place if the characters are ready available for such In-Between.

Changes for In-Betweens:
1. Awards will ONLY be issued for In-Betweens that take place between two Player Characters or more.
2. In-Game Time between games will be pushed to a minimum of twelve hours to afford time for In-Betweens and to take in to account such other activities as meditations.
3. In-Betweens will be opened at the end of each game and close Saturday at midnight prior to the next game. There is a hard deadline on In-Betweens in terms of rewards. This doesn’t mean that we can’t continue to run the In-Betweens to tie up loss ends.
4. Each Day that an In-Between takes place all members taking part during that day will be awarded 100 XP.
5. The Maximum of reward for In-Betweens will be no more than 500XP per Scene. A character can only be part of one In-Between during any given period between games.

Experience Point Disparity, Resolved!
No Character will be allowed to fall more than two levels behind the party average of the rest of the players! Should such a situation come in to being, I (as Story Teller) withhold the right to bump any character up to be on par with the rest of the party. I, alone, hold the authority to make this decision and judge how much the bump will be. There will be NO argument or discussion on this matter.

Issues that govern Farseeing:
Standing Rule (Core Rule Book, page 87)
Time: A Farseeing Check take one hour, you can only make one Farseeing Check in any given week.

To my knowledge, there are no current revisions of this rule. I am open to hearing evidence of revisions to this rule that has been issued by the creators of the rule books.

I am not going to make changes to the Farseeing Check as it has been written within the rules. I do not wish to see Farseeing used as a crutch to undermine actual adventuring.

This doesn’t mean that I won’t use farseeing as a game/plot driver as I have in the past.

I found this Tube, and saw it to be a very good reference to how Farseeing can become a crutch. While the time line of some of his findings are a bit mixed up, I still think its a good view.
11-28-2016, 03:06 PM,
RE: Rule Update and Changes! ALL READ!
I didn't get the video, but I understand the new rules