The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sobbing Cox Solo Conundrum (SoCo squared)
08-21-2017, 06:32 PM,
Sobbing Cox Solo Conundrum (SoCo squared)
[This takes place shortly after the ships depart Corsuscant. ]
Cox checks the controls as the ship begins to follow the course he plotted. He sends a message to Unna's datapad, "Please join me in the cockpit. Just doing the final checks." Everything looks good and Cox settles into the cockpit chair. Flying in open space was always relaxing and his guard began to fall. Slowly, the events on Coruscant began to replay in his head.

He was going to be a father. It was a surprisingly happy thought. Raising a child would give him a greater purpose than fixing ships so they can blast each other to pieces again. And the baby's mother was something else.

But the mother didn't love him. Or did she? She said she did, but in front of the chancellor she implied she didn't. Yet she put her life on the line to protect him from those droids. She probably loved him or at least that's what he'd hope.

The chancellor spoke of his future as if he were an object that she could do as she pleases with. Replace him with a duke or frame him for rape or make him disappear were some of the options mentioned. He never thought he'd meet someone who could scare him more than his father, but the Chancellor's pleasantness when discussing his fate paralyzed him with fear. Cox no longer doubted that the Chancellor was at least capable of all the things her enemies said.

Then he recalled the direness of Unna's telepathic voice and how he rushed to her aid. He had worked on several combat ships and had experienced the adrenaline rush that came with an attack. This response was wholly different. His only thought was getting to her side as quickly as possible. He loved Unna, but perhaps his love was stronger than even he realized.

He saw her laying prostrate with Orchid about to behead her. His body went cold with the realization he could do nothing to stop it. Then a jedi interceded and Orchid escaped. He rushed to her side and tried to treat her wounds. Orchid returned to finish the job and knocked Cox out before he could do anything other than flail at the air behind her.

When he came to, his first words were, "Is Unna ok?" Somehow she survived and he was elated. He spent the next 2 weeks at her side; only leaving if he had to. His thoughts focused solely on her and their baby's health and their future.

Cox sends a message to Unna, "Hello Unna. When you have some time, I'd like to talk about our futures - yours, mine, and our baby's."
08-24-2017, 11:33 AM,
RE: Sobbing Cox Solo Conundrum (SoCo squared)
Unna had spent a lot of time relaxing and thinking about the future since she had recovered from her too close encounter with Orchid. She did not use the force to look into the future, instead she questioned her place in it. Would she be a working mother with a bassinet at her desk side or would she follow in her own mother's footsteps and bring her daughter along?

Her communicator beeped. It was Cox summoning her to discuss the very subject. "Very well," Unna said to herself. It wasn't just her anymore. She made her way to the Cockpit and stood in the doorway. "I'm here," she forced a smile upon her worried face. She hadn't felt much peace since the encounter with Orchid. "I have thought much of the future, but have had trouble reaching a conclusion."
08-24-2017, 02:20 PM,
Cox is facing away from the door, deep in thought, when Unna enters. "There are many options. I have reached one conclusion, though." Cox stands up and walks towards Unna, "I want you in my life. When I heard your telepathic distress call, I rushed to save you. I had no regard for my own safety. I wanted to be there to save you or, if I could not, be there to say goodbye."

Cox doesn't sob, but his eyes start releasing crocodile tears which slowly dribble down both sides of his face.
08-24-2017, 02:29 PM,
Unna took a handkerchief out of her clutch and wiped away his tears. "There is no need for tears now," she said softly. "I am still here. Our daughter is still safe." She placed one of his hands on her abdomen and placed her hands on top of his.
08-24-2017, 02:50 PM,
"I'm glad both of you are safe. What futures have you been thinking about?"
08-25-2017, 11:18 AM,
"I have been contemplating the safest future for us," Unna said, as she moved to take a seat in the copilot chair. "It is not simply my own life that I am risking anymore. I have a child to protect and those around me to think of. Orchid is dead, but who will come after me next? I have always been aware that Graff and his circle could turn on me. Orchid's so-called mother is still at large. Anyone with a vendetta against Praeta Syrdash could target me. Such risks are no longer worth it now that we have a child to think of."

Unna looked to Cox with sad eyes. "I need to keep myself safe to keep you and the baby safe. Mother Syrdash is right. I should not be adventuring right now. I just wonder if Coruscant is the safest place for me due to the vision I had. I want to find the safest option for us, but such an option has not presented itself yet. Perhaps we could seek out the other Zeison Sha or I could go start my own enclave in the woods like my own mentors did. What are your thoughts?"
08-25-2017, 01:03 PM,
Cox steps behind Unna and rubs her shoulders gently with his hands. "The Chancellor is a good ally. Her assistance seems to come with bigger risks than even she may be aware. I'd rather request her aid in doing our own thing than be completely under her protections. However, I don't know her as well as you do."

Cox dips his head closer to Unna and wraps his arms around her in an embrace. "Seeking the Zeison Sha or starting your own enclave sounds like a good idea. I can do a little research and see if there are any other options."

Cox kisses her cheek, "I'm so happy that you want to keep us all safe. I was worried that I'd end up a single father or worse."
08-25-2017, 01:07 PM,
Unna smiled as her lover kissed her cheek. "Did you have any plans for the future that you wished to discuss or were you just seeking my input?"
08-25-2017, 02:48 PM,
Cox moves towards the front of the chair, begins cradling Unna's head in his hands, and gazes into her eyes, "I want you to know that I would marry you even if the Chancellor had not insisted. This near death encounter with Orchid made me realize that there are more important things in life ... like you and our daughter."

Cox looked down briefly and started to frown, "I also fear that we will regret pulling out of these adventures. The issues with the Chancellor and the clones may shape our daughter's world and we have the chance to do something about it. I'd hate to lose you or our daughter, but I might also have trouble telling our daughter that the galaxy is messed up knowing that I had the chance to do something about it."

"There is another option. We can become wanderers. Call this ship home and fly from system to system. We can go on safer adventures to help out where we can and also give our daughter a safe, stable home. I have the skills to keep this ship flying for a long time and you seem like you can navigate social situations and protect us from harm."