The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Brush Fire Wars (Book 2)
06-05-2013, 08:44 AM,
The Brush Fire Wars (Book 2)
This Book covers the small wars that started to spread throughout the Outer Rim between the Jedi themselves and their allies. The center point of the wars was the difference in views of the Force between the main Jedi Temple on Coruscant and a band of Jedi Temples called the Oulaven Jedi. Though they were quickly dubbed Rebel Jedi by the Media and the Republic.
06-06-2013, 08:44 AM,
(2.1) Waking Nightmares
Waking Nightmares
Mid Rim Sector of Space

Talon slowly opened her eyes to see the ceiling pass by over head. She looked over to her left to see the walls moving past her. She moaned some as she saw a man dressed in white above her head pushing the lift she was laying on. Something was wrong with her but she didn't know what. She remembered going to bed last night, or was it tonight? She couldn't be sure. Her head was so fuzzy and heavy. She tried to move but her head started to spin as she lifted her it up. Resting her head back down caused the dizziness to subside.

“She is starting to wake up, Sir.” she heard a woman say next to her. Talon looked over to see the nurse walking next to her lift. She was looking down at Talon dressed in a nurses uniform. Had she been wounded again? Talon was not sure of anything but some how all this felt so familiar. She didn't remember any combat. She moved her head around again to get a better idea of where she was.

“It does not mater, we are here now.” she heard a unseen man's voice say ahead of her. Talon tried to remember the last things she could remember. She had had dinner with Zay and Valkyrie. Then after the three enjoyed some drinking in the officer's mess, she left them to go take a shower and get some sleep before they arrived on Asgard. She took her vitamins and stem pack as normal. She took a jog and worked out a bit before returning to her room for a shower. She remembered the shower and getting ready for bed, she remembered getting in her bed and trying to get to sleep. She could not understand why she was being taken to the Medical Bay. She opened her eyes once more and looked around again. 'Wait!' she thought in surprise as the walls of the hallway gave way to a large room. 'this is not the medical bay' she thought as her mind started to clear a bit.

The man in white and nurse pushed her to the center of the room where a table waited for her. Talon tried once more to move but she couldn't clear her mind enough to move without feeling like she was going to pass out. She felt the sickness of her head over come her body as they moved her on to the cold metal table in the center of the room. She looked over to see a large man and red headed woman dressed in some type of formal business wear. And then to her surprise she saw Visst, “Visst, something is wrong, help me.” she managed to get out in a horsed voice.

“Doctor we need to hurry before she recovers from the sedatives” A very tall skinny creature said calmly. Talon watched the two in business wear just silently watch what was going on.

She watched Visst and the large skinny creature step forward. As they got closer, she recognized the creature. It was a cloner, it was a Kaminoan. Visst looked over her slow, “Please Visst get me out of here.” she said again.

Visst looked up slowly from some medical scanner and she saw his eyes brighten, “She is ready to begin, secure her.” he said in basic to the man in white and the nurse.

The two stepped forward pulling a large whitish cloth over her. She looked up in confusion as they lowered the cloth over her body. Talon was starting to get her body back as she smiled, 'That blanket will not protect you from me when I get free.' she thought as she felt her mind clearing more and more. They lowered the cloth to softly cover Talons bare body. It was only at that moment that she realized she was completely naked. Her mind could not understand what was going on but she knew that soon she would get her answers. Then she saw Visst activate something and the cloth turned to a heavy rubber compound. It pulled Talon down to the table and covered her mouth.

She tried to scream out as her very breath was literly squeezed from her body. Her mouth was covered by this horrible rubber cover. The harder she tried to draw in air the deeper it was drawn in to her mouth. She pulled with all her might to raise just a hand off the table. But she could feel her fingers separated by the rubber cover. It fought against her efforts to move her hand. It pulled on her hand completely and she was unable to even lift a finger. She screamed out again as she felt her body being suffocated and darkness slowly over come her mind once more.

She saw a shadowy figure through the cover come over her head and lower something towards her mouth. She could hear the rubber being cut as she sucked in as much air as she could. She still couldn't move but at least now she could breath once more. Still her mind raced as to what was going on. “Visst why” she struggled against the rubber thing to ask.

“Lower the injector assemble” Once more she heard Visst order to the others. She had no other choice then to look up helplessly as she watched the light become blocked out by some large thing above her. Once she was completely within the shadows of this thing she watched it lower down upon her. She once more struggled at her rubbery bounds to no avail. She felt the table react to the large thing lowered over her. It must have been very heavy because she felt the table lower a bit as the two made contact. There were some metal on metal sounds that echo around her and then only darkness. Then silence fell about her as fear started to take hold of her heart and mind. All this was getting to become all to familiar once more. She could hear them talking in the distance.

“Targeting lasers confirm the injection points.” she heard the Kaminoan, then he added, “We are ready Doctor.”

She heard Visst speak once more, “Activate the injectors.”

Talon had been shot before and had suffered a number of pains from combat. She truly thought that she could handle anything. That was before this moment. On that command, she felt what seemed like thousands of thin long needles being thrust in to her her body at the same time. These were not like the little needles you get for a shot. These needles went deep in to her flesh and cause a large degree of pain. There was no way she could have followed the movement of time as the needles moved deeper in to her body. For her there was only pain. She forced her mind to control her reaction, she would endure all of it in hopes of finding a means to escape soon enough.

She heard Visst speak calmly once more, “Start the procedure”

The large laboratory was a bright place with lights along the walls and ceiling. There were computers and other medical equipment that lined the walls. Each were recording what was being done while others were doing the careful calculations to conduct the procedure. In the center of the room sat a large table with a coffin like device secured to it. There were cables and tubes coming up from the floor and from the ceiling connecting to the table and coffin like device. A soft hum started to fill the room as the injectors started to gain the power needed to perform their roles.

As the Kaminoan worked his station, the hum was replaced with a loud shocking sound and a bright light illuminating from spaces between the table and the coffin like thing. Talon's screams of pain filled the room with such intensity that the nurse had to look away from her equipment for a moment. Her screams of pain drew in to the next almost as if she had only one scream the entire time. The shocking sound and light continued for only a few seconds but from the screams one would think that Talon that it lasted a life time. The light soon faded as did the shocking sound only to be replaced with a dull hum.

Captain Heartman walked in to the lab and nodded to the Visst like creature. There was another man in tow behind him. Both men walked up to the pair in business attire, who were now sitting down sipping on coffee and waiting for the procedure to be over. Captain Heartman took a seat and offered one to the man with him. Quaad only waved his hand at the Captain's invitation and silently watched the activities in the center of the room. Captain Heartman turned to the pair with a smile, “I take it you see things are going along as planned.” He said as the humming sounds once more turned to shocking sounds and the light returned. All was followed once more by Talon's horrific screams.

The woman turned to Captain Heartman, “Are you sure the subject will be able to complete the mission we are planning for her?”

Captain Heartman glanced back at the table which was now silent once more, “Oh I am sure of it.” he said and then waved over the Visst like creature. “Once the final treatment is over, she will be faster, stronger and tougher then any jedi in history. Their advantage of the Force will be over once and for all.”

The man took a sip of his coffee, “Not that I care for its comfort but why is she not sedated during this?”

The Visst like creature spoke up, “Because for the splicing to take, she must be clean of all toxins.”

The man put his coffee down, “What?”

“If the splicing to work, she must be clean of all toxins.” the creature said again.

“I can't understand you.” The man said once more.

The creature seemed to get angry but Captain Heartman cut off the issue, “He said that her body must be clean of all toxins if the splicing will work.”

Once more, Talon's screams filled the room as the shocking resumed. Captain Heartman smiled, “Come let me show you two what we have planned for our next operation. And I am sure you both are hungry from your long trip.”

The woman looked at him and shook her head, “Captain Heartman, Our Lord is not pleased with your current ability to produce results. Yagami's son has been very bothersome to his operations. We were lucky two times with Yavin and with Kilerin. We do not wish to push that luck any further. We want to know what is your plan to deal with him.”

Captain Heartman looked down for a moment, “He has gone in to hiding and locating him has become rather hard. He is very good at what he does. But I will find him and silence him once and for all.”

“Luckily for you, Our Lord has better resources..” she was cut off with Talon's screams once more. “Captain I think we shall take you up on your offer. If for no other reason then to be rid of this nuisance.” She said getting up followed by her companion.

Captain Heartman got up as well and looked over at Quaad, “I will leave this in your hands my friend.” Quaad only nodded as so not to attempt to speak over Talon's screams.

The procedure lasted for hours but now it was finally over. The nurse and the man in white pulled a sobbing and trembling Talon off the table. Despite the fact that they had done this for the past five months the screams and suffering just didn't sit well with the two. Talon was covered in her own blood and showed signs of minor burns. They dragged her over to a waiting Boca Tank and put her in for healing. Each month it was the same, the procedure would be conducted and then she would be heal in the Boca tank.

As Talon was lowered in to the tank, the Visst like creature and the Kaminoan watched carefully. The Kaminoan turned and smiled, “I think she will be our finest work yet.” Then nodded, “That is if she survives. Shell we inform the others that the next Generation of Stalker DNA is ready?”

The Visst like creature nodded, “I have a few more modifications to do to this test subject but yes we can inform them to claim her DNA and start grafting new Stalkers. And IF she doesn't survive my further procedures then we have the other one to work on. What was her name?”

The Kaminoan looked at a data pad, “Sargent Zay”

Some time later in the corridors of the mighty Defiance, Talon walked slowly leaning on the wall for support. Her head still cloudy from her nightmare and her body still trembled for some unknown reason. She felt like crap despite her the nights sleep she just had. Turning a corner she nearly walked right in to Master Quaad. “Oh? I am sorry Master Jedi.” She said respecting the Elder Jedi from the Council.

“You are up too early Fiolla Doth” he said then waved his hand, “You had a nightmare.”

“I had a nightmare” she said softly reacting to both the use of the Force on her and the subliminal trigger that was ingrained deep in to her mind.

“It was only a nightmare and you really don't want to talk about it” he said softly still drawing on the force.

“It was only a nightmare and I really don't want to talk about it” she replied once more completely under the control of the Force and the subliminal suggestions that were working on her mind.

“Remember Fiolla, speaking of it will cause you great discomfort” he said coldly reinforcing the mind affecting suggestions and the power of the force.

She shivered her body as if some unseen or unfelt frozen wind ran up her back and covered her body, “I understand Master Jedi.”

“You want to return to your quarters and try to get some more sleep.” He said once more calling upon the Force one last time.

She nodded, “I want to return to my quarters and try to get some more sleep.”

He smiled at the completion of his part in her reprogramming. “Then I shall bid you good morning Fiolla Doth.”

Her eyes blinked a few times trying to take in what she recalled then smiled, “I am sorry Master Jedi, I have not been feeling well.” There was something on her mind that moment but now it was gone. She looked down as to try to recall it.

He nodded pleasantly, “Would you like us to share breakfast and we can talk about what is bother you young Fiolla?” he said knowing she would not think strange of the invitation. He had been counseling her since her ill fated mission on Yavin IV.

She looked down for a moment trying to remembered something. She had it just there for a second but then it was gone. “I must be going out of my mind.” she said with a smile and a bit of a laugh, “No Master Jedi, but thank you for your concern. I think I just need some sleep. I am going to return to my quarters and get some much needed rest” she said then added, “I can't believe it almost seventeen and I am having a break down.” she smiled as she laughed a bit.

He smiled and nodded, “If you say so Fiolla. Remember I am here for you should you need to talk to me about anything.” He said then stepped aside to let her move on to her quarters. He watched her walk down the hall and then turn to enter her quarters. He added, “Oh and Happy Birthday Fiolla. Your uncle wanted me to inform you know that we will be arriving to Asgard in four hours.”

She paused a bit and smiled softly to him with a nod she said, “Thank you Master Jedi” then walked in to her dark room and closed the door behind her.
06-06-2013, 05:26 PM,
(2.2) New Visions
New Visions
Jedi Temple
Coruscant

The Jedi Temple had stood for thousands of years. Its tall white spires once stood for peace and harmony, now they have become a staggering symbol of the corruption that has infested the Temple down to its very core. Now this place of peace has become a target of great debate that is raging across the galaxy. No one can truly decide which side was actually responsible for starting a war that has engulf hundreds of worlds. Compared to wars of past, the Jedi Civil War is small in respects to others. However it has become one of the most intense wars ever fought. Both sides have called in allies and supporters to gain an upper hand in the war. These efforts have only gone to magnify the causalities.

Throughout the Great Halls and corridors of the Jedi Temple, there has always been constant activity as youngling, Padawan, Jedi and/or Antarian Rangers moved through their daily activities. Now with the Jedi Civil War in full swing, the armed guards of the Antarian Rangers and Hunters have become a normal sight throughout the Temple. Once a place of learning and knowledge, the Temple has become something so much worse then anyone could have imagined.

Grand Master Tra Vae, the leader of the Jedi Order, slowly walked through the temple with a grim look about his face. He walked past a small group of younglings and paused to watch them play near a garden. He knew ever corner of the temple and every Jedi that resided here. No one has felt the affects of the war more closer then him. He hated the fact that the other side had hid their intentions for so long. So many missed chances at peace, and now he was stuck with a war no one wanted. He leaned against a wall and sighed as he watched the younglings play with each other. He alone was responsible for what they were going to inherit. He felt like he had not only failed the Order to lead them in to the future. He felt like he had failed these younglings at safe guarding their future. He noticed the three Antarian Rangers and their Hunter on guard within the Garden. Even the happiness of the younglings gentle play are dashed by the reality of the Civil War. He frowned deeply, 'How could I have let things become so out of control' he thought.

He got up off the wall and started walking once more. Like many Jedi, he was raised in a temple. Coming from humble beginnings, he did not enjoy most of the privileges of other younglings or Padawans. He remembered his life as a youngling and then later as a Padawan. Everything was such a struggle for him. Always being the underdog made him work harder then most and through these efforts he gained respect from other Jedi. He even remembered Master Losh as a teacher then later as a close friend. Their friendship had always been rocked by differences of opinions. Master Losh had always been the kind of friend that a person could turn to no matter what problems were between them. Tra Vae had always trusted Master Losh and his wisdom. Tra Vae frowned once more as he remembered their last truly heated debate. All of Tra Vae's hard work had finally been rewarded with a great honor. He had been named as Grand Master of the Jedi Order.

It was the zenith of Tra Vae's career and he had expected Master Losh to be proud of his hard work. However, Master Losh was far from proud or impressed. He advised Tra Vae against the appointment and warned him that this was not what it appeared to be. That he was becoming a pawn in a great plot to destroy the Jedi. 'Had he foresaw the civil war?' Tra Vae thought as he walked 'The events that lead to this war were not even considered back then. How could he have foreseen the war?' Tra Vae was so happy at the nomination, his whole life he wanted to serve the Order and this was the single most important thing to him. The words of such a close friend cut deep like a knife. The two had argued over the issue for hours. Tra Vae never considered that the reason why Losh was so determined was because he was trying to save his friend.

Back then things seemed so much different then they are now. He had worked so hard to gain supporters and allies in the Order. He was not had been the most powerful Jedi within the Order, nor was he the most wealthy of Jedi. He was, however, without a doubt the most connected, then and now. Now his friend was gone and he never had a chance to even apologize for the hateful words he had said on that fateful night. Tra Vae had accused Losh of being jealous of his success and hateful of his new found friends and authority. 'Oh I was so wrong. I failed myself.' He thought as he continued walking down the allies of his memory.

Master Tra Vae was not sure how he had ended up in the very room of that fight so many years ago. But there he stood right where he was standing that night. Looking down he was standing in the very place he stood back then. He remembered how there was a raging storm just on the other side of the window. Closing his eyes and Tra Vae could see the two Jedi Masters entangled in their fight. Drawing on the force for the first time to see the fight from a third person point of view. How things seemed so clear now through the force, Losh was not jealous. Losh was only looking out for the friend he cared so much about. Tra Vae could see this now. How much of a fool he had been back then. Blinded by greed and pride, Tra Vae had truly acted like fool. Even after that fight Losh had still been there for him. “You were right. I should have never taken this position. I am sorry my friend.” he said in sadness. There Grand Master Tra Vae stood in the center of the room in silence. He was the most powerful Jedi in the Galaxy yet helpless to his own flaws. In that moment, it dawned on him how he could make things right.

He pulled out his comlink, “Biggs, I need to see you at once.” he said then gave Biggs the location where to meet him. Once Biggs confirmed the order, Tra Vae walked over to the window and looked out over the darkness of the Coruscant. “There is simply too much darkness to see beyond the clouds.” he said thinking of his last attempt at fareseeing. It was only partially successful. He had seen the war raging around him and the deaths of thousands of Jedi. He looked down at his own hands, “Their blood is on my hands” he said. “I have to make this right” he added silently. He looked back over the city and thought even deeper of his long lost friend.

He felt Biggs walk in as he heard the door hiss open. He turned to his young padawan. “I have been a fool my young student” he commented plainly. Biggs only stood in silence as Master Tra Vae continued. “This war should have never been allowed to happen. I was a fool to let it reach this point. I am going to set things right” He explained.

Biggs blinked and asked, “What do you mean Master?” Biggs knew his master very well. Well at least he thought he had known his master. This does not sound like the proud and stubborn master that he knew so well.

“Being a Jedi means more then just what you can gain out of it. And being a member of its leadership means that the peace of the Order is our responsibility.” Tra Vae explained, “I had allowed my own pride get between what the Force was warning me about and what I wanted. I let my own greed blot out what I should have seen coming” He said as he knelled down, “I fear that a dark force has taken rout in the Temple and has brought this war to us.”

Biggs started to fear that his Master had found out his own little dark secret. But still he kept his mouth shut as Tra Vae continues, “That dark force was my own pride.” he explained to Biggs. Biggs took much relief from that statement. “I know what I have to do to make things right.” Tra Vae said then got up.

He walked back to the window, “I know Bevurn'Age personally. She is a good person and I know that together we can bring an end to this war. So I am going to give them what they want. I will order all of our forces to break off combat at once. We will take a defensive stance only. Then I will officially step down as Grand Master of the Order.” Tra Vae said with a sense of clarity in his voice. He knew that this would be enough to bring everyone to the negotiation table. Then once everyone was able to reflect on things a lasting peace could be found.

“Master? Who will you nominate as your replacement?” Biggs asked softly. He knew that he had to report this vital information to Orchid as soon as possible but he needed more facts. Facts he knew Orchid would ask about. “Surely that would be Quaad. He has been your longest standing friend and supporter.”

Tra Vae didn't even look away from the window, “No” he said shaking his head, “He is too closely linked to the Republic Military and believes that we can win this war.” Tra Vae said knowing all too well that Quaad would expand the war even more. “No, he is not a good choice to replace me. No, I think the Jedi needs a Grand Master that holds peace in his heart. I will name Master Yoda as my replacement. Master Yoda is the kind of Jedi that will bring calm to the sides and through that calm peace will be found. I am sure of this” He said nodding his head.

Biggs knew that this would not work well for his Mistress' plans. Yoda was well respected on both sides and could bring this war to an end much sooner then she wanted. The war was never meant to be a complete destruction of the Order. That would simply be crazy. No this war was meant to distract the Jedi long enough for Orchid and her mother's plans to be completed. “Master what of the debate in the Senate slated for tomorrow evening. They will be debating about joining our side in the war. With their military added to our ranks, we would be able to force a peace accord on those rebel Jedi” Biggs explained.

Tra Vae turned and nodded. The young Jedi was right. If the Republic joined the war then they could easily win. The cost of such victory would be even higher death tolls on both sides. This was a cost that the Order could not possible bare to pay. No, the Republic must stay out of this war if the Order is to survive it. “You have been like a son to me, Biggs. I know I can trust you. Speak this to no one I command you. Tomorrow evening I shall go to the Senate and speak on behalf of the Jedi. I shall urge them to remain on the side lines. I will convince them that they must not enter this war. I must convince them, we have no choice in this.”

“You are to send a coded message to Master Bevurn'Age tonight, inform her that I need her to return to Coruscant. I know she is close to the Core Worlds so she should be able to return before I am done with the Senate. Ensure that she is given the protection of the Council. I know that the Republic has her listed as a wanted traitor so we must protect her. Tell her I want to meet with her that I wish to meet with her at the Senate Building. Make sure that you explain to her my intentions and that I will need her help. I will use my contacts to make sure that she will be safe within the Senate Building. I will explain to her my plans and ask her to talk to her supporters. Then after this meeting the two of us will return to the Temple and address the entire council. Hopefully the two of us can bring an end to this war tomorrow.

“Inform Master Yoda that I am summoning the entire Council to convene a meeting. Let him know it has to do with the war and it is of the utmost importance that the entire Council is there for it.” he explained his plan then smiled, “I will explain my intentions and name Master Yoda as my replacement before the Council. I know that they will follow Master Yoda.” he said sure of his plan. “My son, together we are going to open up a new chapter in the Order's history. We are going to bring Peace to our fellow Jedi once more.” He said with a smile on his face and a soft hand on Biggs' shoulder. “For now, you must not speak these plans to anyone. I know that there are some within the Council and the Order that might attempt to stop me. Surprise will be our ally, my son” hi said holding his smile of confidence.

Biggs gave a fake smile and nodded, “Yes My Master” he said hating this plan and knew it had to be stopped at all cost. “Thank you for letting me be a part of this historical moment in our history. I will not fail you Master.” he lied perfectly. He knew his Master all too well. Tra Vae was a smart man, but he put too much trust in others. Biggs smiled once more, “Thank you for being like a father to me. I promise I shall not let you down.”

Tra Vae smiled and nodded, “I know you wont.” he said then added, “Now go make sure all things are set. I need to focus on my speech for the Senate and the Council tomorrow.” Tra Vae said as he got back up and turned walking towards the window once more. 'This must work. I can not allow my Jedi to die for my own mistakes anymore.' he thought as he heard Biggs leave the room.
06-07-2013, 06:18 PM,
(2.3) Enter The Puppet Master
Enter The Puppet Master
Somewhere Within the Deep Core

Deep within the Deep Core Sector on the out fringe of a nebula sat an unremarkable Star Cruiser. The power levels aboard the ship were very low as it slowly drifted from one shadow to another to avoid detection. Through the darkened corridors led the way in to a large room filled with buzzing systems and monitors. Sitting on a second floor level over seeing everything going on below is an equally unremarkable man behind a desk. Leaning back in his chair, he watched carefully over the wide range of beings that worked for him. Each completely devoted to their tasks while working at their controls. The Master Control Room or MCR as it had become known as, was where all the magic takes place. It had been like this for hundreds of years since the First Puppet Master took up the Great Crusade to rid the Galaxy of Force Users.

As he looked around at the dozens of monitors showing agents across the galaxy working his plans, he remembered the very first day he stepped foot in to this room. He had been working for the previous Puppet Master for some time without even knowing. He was told that he was chosen to carry on the Crusade because he showed a true understanding of the Crusade. Personally he never liked the name Puppet Master. But it was the name that the Jedi had assigned to them just about ninety years ago. The nick name had stuck and now he was stuck with it. Reaching out with his hand he drifted from one monitor to another as he waved his hand. Each screen reacted to his hand motions and switched from its current location and illuminate upon his desk. He smiled as he ran through the different operations and operatives that answered to him.

He switched to the screen that he desired and spoke plainly, “Report” he said softly as the man's image showed up over his desk. The entire Galaxy could be his and and he wouldn't care. This was not about power over others but to ensure their safety. It was not that he hated the Republic or even any race in general. It was the Force Users in general that he despised completely. No one should have the power of the Gods and be free to use them as they wish. Force Users wielded such great power and they used this power to their own ends. It was a fact that he both respected and feared at the same time. But none had earned his fear and hatred as the Jedi as a whole. They were not some loss band of under developed force users on some back water world that could be eradicated and no one would miss them. Here is an entire organization that sole reason for existing was to further the goals and means of Force Users as a whole. They educated and trained new generations of Force Users.

It was leading up to the Great Hyperspace Wars when it was decided that something had to be done to curb the efforts of the Jedi. Many within the Crusade had thought that the War between the Sith and the Jedi would end in both being destroyed. No they could not have been more work. It was what made him the best choice for Puppet Master now. It was his love for numbers, probabilities and mathematics that made him special within the Crusade. With his plans in action and under his leadership the Crusade has never enjoyed such success in the field. Already the Jedi were slowly being pushed to the edge of oblivion and never before had they been so close.

“Yes My Lord! As you have wished we dispatched Rose and her forces to Sump. Then as per your orders, our agents leaked her mission details to Master Drease and Master Chun. Unfortunately they were able to prevent Rose and her forces from completing her mission. Sadly My Lord, Rose did survived the confrontation with the Hunters. However she was able to dispatch Master Vrei during the encounter along with nine other Jedi Hunters that had escorted Master Drease and Master Chun. We lost nineteen of our Stalkers in the exchange as well. Our agents assure us that Rose is unaware that her mission was leaked to Jedi Hunters. With the death of Master Vrei and the other Jedi Hunters, we are considering this operation a partial success. Hopefully the next exchange will see the deaths of both Master Chun and Rose.” The man explained softly then fell silent as he waited for further commands.

He smiled as he listened to the report. He loved numbers and how they reacted in the real galaxy. Life as everyone knew it could be reduced to simple numbers and probabilities. He knew the probabilities of recruiting Rose and Orchid in to the ranks of the Crusade. But the benefit that they brought were more then worth the risks that they came with. End he could easily keep them at a safe distance to protect the Crusade. Up until recently the two had played their parts perfectively for him. However it was only a matter of time before the two would attempt to turn on their handlers. Orchid was easier to control without Rose's influencing her actions. So it was a logical move to ensure that her path would cross with Master Chun and fuel the conflict. The hatred the two shared for each other was unmatched and removing them would ensure that Orchid would be easier to control and remove Master Drease from the Jedi. Once more it was all about the numbers.

He leaned forward in his chair, “I am pleased with the report. You are correct, it is a partial success. Inform your agents that I am pleased with the mission. However, lets give Rose some time to lick her wounds. I want her to escort our mission on Oh'Toblis. She is to protect the mission and ensure that it does not fail. Inform her that I will not stand for further failures within our ranks. She has that new apprentice, Koth Ak'ra. Execute him and deliver his head to her with this message. Next time she fails me, it will be Orchids head.” He explained with a stern look on his face. He knew that her love for Orchid was a powerful tool and that Rose was not as attached to her new apprentice. The move was calculate to ensure that the message would be taken and feared. Then he checked the clock on his desk. “That will be all” he said then cut the link before the man could acknowledge the orders. He knew that the orders would be followed to the letter. It was one thing the Crusade looked for and that was undying loyalty.

He had something more important to watch. Orchid had come upon some truly remarkable information that even defied his own estimations and predictions. Had her agent not caught wind of the Jedi's plan when he did, than it would have proven to be very difficult for the Crusade to complete its plans for the Jedi Civil War. Tra Vae was normally a very dependable person to follow but this rash change in behavior was something that had thought possible from Tra Vae. Now in true Puppet Master fashion, he was going to take Tra Vae's own selfless actions and deliver something upon the Jedi that would have taken the Crusade years to achieve, if not decades.

An expansion of the war would ensure more Jedi and Force Users would die and would allow his forces to conduct even more assassinations. Before they had to be very careful not to attract attention from the Jedi. Sometime they would have to follow a Jedi for months or even years before they could carry out an assassination. Now thanks to the help that Rose and Orchid brought and with the war that now raged between factions, they could carry out assassinations more freely. In the past three months they were able to assassinate more Jedi and Force Users then they had been able to in the past three years. With an expansion of the war meant that the deaths of Forces Users would expand a hundred fold.

He brought up the monitors of the Senate building on Coruscant and set them up on his desk. Each showed different levels and operatives throughout the building. He smiled as he watched Master Bevurn'Age and six Stalkers set up their ambush in one of the lower hanger levels of the Senate building. Because there was too much at stake for anything to be risked, he sent his own personal Stalkers to assist in the assassination. He watched with a smile as the Elite Senate Guards were silently and efficiently dispatched by his Stalkers. There was not even a sound from the Guards as his Stalkers ran their blades deep in to the two Guards' throats at the same time. The creation of the Stalkers were done so to ensure that they would be the best soldiers in the galaxy. His personal Stalkers were the best Stalkers ever created and trained by the Crusade.

Moving to another monitor he saw the Avenue of the Core Founders and the growing crowd of protesters attempting to walk on the Senate. They were protesting the Republics involvement in the Jedi Civil War. There were those in support of it and others opposed to the idea. He smiled as he saw the large number of Senate Guard out to ensure that the peaceful protest would remain that way. Had Orchid not contacted them about Tra Vae's plan, the Crusade would have not taken interest in protests. However they needed to make sure that things would get slightly out of hand for the Senate Guards outside. This would ensure that more units would be tied down for what was to come. Then he activated another monitor and saw the next minor crisis growing out of control for the Senate Guard.

It was only a simple scheduling error within the Senate's computers that ensured two rival Senators and their groups would share the same time in the Atrium of the Senate. Watching the situation becoming more and more tense as the two disputing factions squad off with each other. It didn't help that a rumor was leaked that the Senate would be voting on their issue today. He didn't need to leak which way the Senate would vote because he knew their own fears would carry them the rest of the way. He knew that more security officers would be called in from the lower levels to ensure that this crisis was kept under control. Once more, it was the most probable to ensure the outcome that the peace should be disturbed. The more security officers in and around the Atrium of the Senate meant the less forces to respond to the assassination once it was discovered. Only a fool would consider that a plan like this would happen without being discovered. The Puppet Master was by no means a fool. And in fact he was counting on it being discovered.

Moving to the screen that watched the security station that was over seeing the lower hanger levels. He smiled as he watched two of the three being called up to the Atrium of the Senate. Things were becoming a hand full for the Senate Guard Force. A light flickered on another screen and he nodded to it. He knew that Tra Vae's shuttle was approaching and it was time for Bevurn'Age to do what she does best. Moving back to the security station and right on cue, he watched a lowly Senator's aid walk up. She was cute in her little red dress and with a pleasing soft smile. It was her night life that landed her in this role tonight. She was just one more level of a larger plan and all she had to do was draw the Guards attention for just a moment. He watched silently as she drew out the guard from his office asking for his help with directions.

Moving back to the lower hanger he watched as Tra Vae's shuttle landed and his group start to make their departure from it. He nodded at Tra Vae's predictability and knew that the shuttle would be departing right after they departed the shuttle. Watching Tra Vae's and the four Jedi Hunters escorting him walking forward, he saw the shuttle make its departure. It was then as Tra Vae and his group reach the ambush point he saw Bevurn'Age step out from behind a craft. Tra Vae waved for his Hunters to hold their ground as they took up positions around Tra Vae. The Puppet Master had thought for a moment of the probabilities that the Jedi had suspected the trap. The Stalkers were well hidden and had the Hunters completely flanked. Even if the trap had been detected the assassination could still be pulled off. It would have just been allot harder. This was the only moment in his plan that he was actually concerned about. That moment just before the trap is sprung. Dealing with Jedi and traps were so very hard. Luckily for the Crusade they had had thousands of years of practice at ambushing Jedi. Then as Tra Vae walked forward with his hand held out in friendship, he knew that those within the trap were unsuspecting. His plan would work.

Across the galaxy on Asgard a young Marine Lieutenant step out on to stage at a dare. She picked up her mic as a friend slid a blindfold over her eyes. The band behind her started to play the song that she just put together only moments ago. The eyes of hundreds were on her as she felt something move through her being. Later she would discount it as the drinks she had earlier, but for that moment she felt a guiding hand over her heart. She opened her mouth and sang like she never song before. Her tears rolled down across her face as her song filled the air. Everyone cheered as she sung and no one suspected that their lives would all change in the morning.

Tra Vae walked forward and smiled to Bevurn'Age with his hand out. Bevurn'Age walked forward as well with her hand out as if to greet an old friend. Tra Vae made it almost there to her before he noticed something wrong about her. Was it the darker color around her eyes or the look in her eyes that only closer inspection could have noticed? He was not sure what it was, but he started to pull back his hand trying to understand what was wrong. It was simply too late, the trap was sprung. The flash of the lightsaber signaled the two snippers to fire. In a flash of Master Bevurn'Age's attack on Tra Vae, two of the feared Jedi Hunters dropped headless to the ground. There was nothing short of confusion within that split second. Later others will see what really happened. Two perfectively aimed shots landed small red flashing things on the necks of the two Jedi just before they exploded. Master Bevurn'Age would attack Tra Vae with her off hand in a remarkable aimed attack on his out stretched hand. Tra Vae let out a scream as his hand was removed just below the elbow from Bevurn'Age's attack.

Four Stalkers dropped from the rafters above the Hunters forcing them to leave Tra Vae to Bevurn'Age. The snippers continued their attacks on the Hunters ensuring that they would not have a chance to gain the offensive. Tra Vae moved back and drew out his own lightsaber in his off hand. Bevurn'Age pushed her attack with perturbation as she switched her lightsaber to her right hand. Her attacks were complete and focused on hitting Master Tra Vae at all costs. Fighting with his off hand and badly wounded, Tra Vae was forced to focus his efforts on defense in hopes that help would come soon. The combat was now joined and for these vital moments, the elite Senate Guard Forces were completely unaware of what was happening right under their noses.

He leaned back in his chair and smiled as he knew his plan had worked out perfectly. “Its all in the numbers” he said pleased with what he was watching. Sure those that could see beyond what the security monitors were recording would be able to see the truth. This match was not for them. It was for the masses that the Senate answered to, and they would only see what they wanted to see. A rebel Jedi Master assassinating the Grand Master of the Jedi Order. He knew that the Senate was good for one thing and only one thing, acting on what the people demanded of them. To further that the people would demand war, a pair of well disguised fighters would launch an attack on the Jedi Temple on Coruscant just as this attack was taking place. He knew that the attack would do little real damage to the Temple or those protected within its walls. The attack and assassination would be seen by billions and their voices would drowned out the voices of those that knew the truth. These little acts within this play would hail the deaths of hundreds if not thousands of more Jedi and Force Users.

Tra Vae had his attacker by many years of experiences and a much higher levels of adventuring. Sadly for Tra Vae though, the corrupt life he choose which had brought him to the position of Grand Master came with a great price. He had to learn vital skills of a politician and a diplomat. This took critical time from him to master the use of the Force and lightsaber combat. This simple fact had become a travesty of his life. The skills he needed to have to have this honor position at this point in his life, ensured that he would not be prepared for this moment when he needed it the most. His attacker however had youth, strength, focused skills within the force and more importantly she was every skilled in lightsaber combat. The last edge she held over him was something that never dawned on him. She hated him! It was this hatred that was clearly shown within her attacks against him.

The Hunters held out longer then he had expected during their battle for survival. However they did put up a very good show in their deaths. The Puppet Master was pleased in how they died and knew it would only go to further the play that he had put on for the Republic. His own Stalkers did a wonderful job in showing up the Jedi and made sure that their legendary invincibility was dispelled once and for all. A few levels above, the young little Senator's aid spotted the life and death struggle on the security monitors from over the shoulder of the now flirting guard. She let out a scream and alerted the security officer to the crisis. The forth act to the Puppet Master's play was just now starting to unfold.

The guard jumped in to action as he started to give out commands and called in forces to the lower hanger. Sirens started to blare alerting everyone on the level to the attack as the voice of the Guard in the station gave out commands telling everyone where to go. The Senate Guards would be swarming the hanger in a matter of moments and save Master Tra' Vae's life. The plan would be foiled by the highly skilled swam of Senate Guards. Master Bevurn'Age and her forces would be engaged in combat with overwhelming numbers of Senate Guards. The plan would come crashing down around them as Tra' Vae would surely be rescued and his life would be spared. Master Bevurn'Age and her six Stalkers would be hard pressed to just merely escape the counter attack of the Senate Guard Force.

That would have been the out come if they were not twenty levels up dealing with distractions or that the ten other Guards that remained on this level had not already been killed. The distraction of the guard in the security office allowed their deaths to go unnoticed till this very moment. The Puppet Master smiled as the closest Guards attempted to rush from their distant locations. What would have been the follow up forces were now forced to become the first responders to this crisis. To the Puppet Master delight, the Senate Guards all just realized the plot and knew all too well that it was too late for the Grand Master of the Jedi Order.

Master Bevurn'Age easily dodged Tra Vae's counter attack as she gracefully slipped under his swing and then spun around. Turning her back towards his side as she once more switched hands with her lightsaber. She used a backhand thrusting motion as she drove her blade in to his chest. She held it there for just a moment, then without warning she spun back around as he fell forward. Before he could fall far she reached out and grabbed his headtails with her free hand. Pulling him back up so he could see out of the Hanger Level, she held him on his knees as she brought her lightsaber blade up to the back of his neck. She looked up with a great sense of pleasure on her face. There was grief and sorrow in his eyes. He was mortally wounded but not yet dead. She knew it, as she smiled. She pushed her lightsaber blade through his headtails and then the back of his neck. Holding his head up she let his body and headtails fall to the ground. She made sure that his last sight was of the Jedi Temple with small plums of smoke rising up from it. She opened her hand and let the lifeless head fall to the floor hanger. Drawing on the force she drew up his lightsaber from where it had fallen when she mortally wounded him.

An Antarian shuttle landed as the attackers made their hasty retreat towards it. The Senate Guard Forces started to fan out as they just arrived on the scene with blasters firing. The Stalkers returned fire with deadly accuracy as Master Bevurn'Age gave great extended cover with her two lightsabers. The first Guards on the scene were cut down without scoring any hits on the attackers. Master Bevurn'Age held her ground just before the shuttle so that she could cover her troops while they boarded the shuttle. Then just before she boarded the shuttle she spoke out in prefect mimicry, “This is our war! Stay out of it!” she ordered before the security monitors and the Guards. On that note she boarded her shuttle and it departed long before any defending air units could respond.

The Puppet Master leaned back in his chair and smiled as he turned off the monitors. He pulled his hands together so that his fingers would meet in the middle. His eyes narrowed a bit as his gaze drifted over his fingers and then down at the MCR below his level. The echoes of hundreds of voices and sounds filled the air as more operations and operatives conducted the wishes of the Puppet Master. He just smiled with the satisfaction of his work.
06-08-2013, 08:52 AM,
(2.4a) Winds of Change
Winds of Change
Risten Marine Base
Coruscant
T-16.5 Hours

With the mighty Defiance in the back ground, a formation of sharply dressed Marines stand ready for the ceremony. Everything within the ceremony park was laid out to show the awesome fire power that the 501st was able to level at its enemies. The unit was more than just another unit. When the 501st arrived in system, people took notice. Today only a fraction of that mighty unit was being called up for service. There in the shadow of the Defiance, stood four platoons of forty five marines each stand ready for the ceremony to begin. As the Republic military builds up the nine Republic Expeditionary Force divisions ordered by the Senate. The Brush Fire wars were just starting to spark to life. Today the Order was for nine RDF Divisions, before these wars are over, nearly a hundred of these divisions will be in service with twice as many ordered. To ensure that the RDF units are combat ready, the Senate ordered that their ranks would be filled out with both Army Reserves and Active units. Even the legendary 501st Marine Division is not immune from this Order. Today, before fellow Marines and guests to the ceremony, the 501st sends off some of its most elite units to fight within an RDF unit.

The day could not have been a better day for such a event as the skies were blue and the stands were filled with guests from across Coruscant. Admiral David Heartman look over the Marine unit before him with a smile on his face. He was proud of each member that stood before him today. He knew almost all of them by name and was sad to see them leave the 501st but at the same time, he was leaving the 501st as well. With his promotion to Admiral means he has to give up command of the 501st to someone else. It was a good trade off, in gets to take over command of the Coruscant Battle Fleet, which both the Defiance and the 501st are members of. Looking over the four platoons, each looked their very best as they stood in their dress uniforms. He looked up and down the lines of men and women and was pleased that each detail was ensured. The men and women stood like statuses in their parade rest position as they waited for the ceremony to begin. It was a sad day for the 501st but a very good day for the Republic as the combined experience of these soldiers would be gained by another unit. He looked down at the datapad in his hand and smiled, 'for so long the peace was entrusted to the Jedi. Now it is our turn to maintain the peace.' He thought to himself as he cleared his throat.

"Attention to Orders!" He read loudly from the datapad. On that simple command every officer and marine alike snapped from their current rest position to a more rigid position of attention. "It is hereby so ordered on this date, that the following units will be dissolved. First platoon, Bravo Company; Third Platoon, Charlie Company; First Platoon, Alpha Company; and Ninth Platoon, Alpha Company all of the elite 501st Marine Infantry Division. It is now further ordered under Grand Admiral Ossistain Heartman that these named units will be reorganized in to Alpha Company, 1st Republic Expeditionary Force." Admiral Heartman read the orders loudly and clearly for everyone to hear. Then he lowered the datapad and smiled to his men, “Personally, I have served with each one of you as the Captain of the Defiance. It was my honor to lead you on the very missions that had made you all elite warriors. I can only wish that I would be leading you once more in to harms way. I was not lucky enough to receive that honor. But I shall bid you all well. I know that you will bring honor to your families, and back to the 501st it's self. I know some of you might have feelings about being placed under the direct command of the Jedi Council during these engagements.”

“But I want you all to know, as seasons change, so do the times. I personally see this as an opportunity to shine where the Jedi have failed. They could not stop these conflicts that now threatens our very peace nor could they contain them. Now it is our time to shine. For us, the times have indeed changes as we shall bring these wars under control. Yes we will still serve under the Jedi, however during these conflicts we have a voice in how they are fought. Remember by fellow marines, in our hearts and minds we are and will always be Defenders of Peace!” He said using the motto of the 501st. This little speech brought cheers from the men and women in the formation. He looked over the cheering soldiers before him. The 1st REF was never intended to be made up of soldiers from just one branch of the military. However, now it was the only unit in Republic history to be made up of men and women whom were bread, born and raised to fight wars. It filled him with a great sense of pride that this elite unit was his personal creation. Yes they would serve under a Jedi and Army joint commander. However, they will always be loyal to him.

Now on to the other point of his business. He lifted up the datapad once more and called out, "Lieutenant Fiolla Heartman, front and center!" He watched with pride as his niece moved with control and rigid action away from her platoon and walked towards the center of the formation. Without a word said, Zya moved from the back of the platoon and took up the position left open. Zya watched with pride as she knew what her sister was about to receive. The two had talked about it the night before and Zya thought that it was long over due but Fiolla was apprehensible about it.

Admiral Heartman looked down at his niece with pride. She had come so far and did so much in such a short time. No longer did she need his guiding hand over her career. She had achieved so much in such a little span of time. No other warrior or marine could match her record. She was the record breaker. She was both an inspiration to her unit and her piers. "It brings me great pleasure." He said to her as he handed the datapad over to his XO. He calmly started to walk towards Talon and stopped right before her. Flanking him stood her sister Jedi Padawan Angelique Heartman, no one ever knew how much Talon had looked up to her sister. Despite being someone that was looked up upon, for Talon, her role model was her own sister. On the other side Admiral Heartman stood Jedi Padawan Daz Murl. The young man that Talon saw as a blood brother. She loved him just like she loved her own sister. The smile on Talon's face was clear as she looked at the two most important people in her life. Admiral Heartman smiled as he pulled a pair of rank insignias out of his pocket. “These belonged to me when I was first promoted like you” he said softly and turned to look at the XO from over his shoulder. Admiral Heartman give his XO a nod.

The XO started to read from the datapad, "Attention to Orders, for excellence in duty beyond the call. For self sacrifice in during the rescue of the Crew of the Mercy. For courage in the face of unsurmountable odds, and in the face of defeat. Lt. Heartman, you have become an inspiration to both your unit as well as others. Because of your loyalty, skill, heart, bravery and devotion to the Republic, you Fiolla Heartman are hereby promoted to the rank of Marine Capitan. You are charged with carrying out your duties with the same courage and bravery as you have shown in the past. It is further ordered that you will take command of Alpha Company, 1st Republic Expeditionary Force. So ordered by Grand Admiral Ossistain Heartman." The man read as Admiral Heartman removed Fiolla's old rank and pinned her new rank on the collar of her uniform. He put the old rank in his left hand as well as the backs of the new rank. He motioned downward with his head as he smiled with pride at her achievement. Fiolla returned the nod as he placed the old rank and the backs in her hand.

He smiled as now it was a time honored Azgardian tradition for newly promoted officers to receive their blood rank. "On my command Capitan, will you bleed for me?" He asked her. The question reaffirmed the loyalty of officers and was part of the tradition.

She smiled, "YES SIR!" She snapped

He nodded as he brought his large fist up and slammed them down on the new rank. This drove the pins of the insignia deep in to her collar as she let out a muffled groan. Blood started to sweep out of the fresh wounds. Angelique knew the importance of the right of passage for each now marine. Coming from the same background, Angelique understood all to well what this meant. Fiolla smiled at her sister and received a nod back. She turned to see Daz looking away. Fiolla's smile faded slightly. Angelique was the only one to noticed the change. Admiral Heartman nodded the spun around to face the unit. "Platoon Leaders and Sargent, seal the pack" he ordered then stepped out of the way.

In each platoon leader and their platoon sergeant stepped forward and asked their new Capitan to lead them with honor, courage, and pride. Each pair drove the pins deeper in to Fiolla's flesh. Each time blood flowed, and each time she stepped back up for the next pair. With the pain clearly seen on across her face, Fiolla never once backed down. It was that single minded determination that got her to where she was. Half way through the ceremony, the fleshy sounds were replaced as the pins reached her collar bone. Still she didn't back down. She bleed for each of them without a second thought. When it was all over Fiolla looked at her new unit and then at Admiral Heartman. He smiled while giving her a nod.

He then stepped forward once more, "Alpha Company, I give you your new commander!"
On that note someone in the back gave a loud cheer which was soon echoed by everyone in the formation. The ceremony continued as other soldiers were promoted and awards were given. This was a happy and fulfilling day for the marines of A Company, 1st REF. It was one of the last few like it. They were heading off to one of the most intense hot spots in the entire Outer Rim, Baklid VI. More speeches fallowed, then the unit was introduced to their Jedi and Army commanders. Their were speeches of honor and pride. The marines listen respectfully, but it was clear they didn't like the idea of it. To end the ceremony, Jedi Padawan Daz Murl gave a speech about the importance of life and how this war was to preserve that life. He spoke of understanding the other side and ensuring that no needless life would be lost. Daz's speech was inspiring from a Jedi point of view and everything that those who knew Daz best come to expect from the young upcoming Jedi.

After the ceremony was over, the large crowds started to disperse and life on the military base started to return to normal. However a chance encounter was about to happen as Daz and his unknown bird like friend were leaving the stage. There stood a man in Jedi robes, as Daz walked up, he smiled friendly as he said, “Greetings Master Murl. I am Zath Birmston. I have been assigned by the Jedi Council to act as your public relations advisor.” He showed Daz the Data Pad that reflected what he was speaking about. “I know your are very busy however you have become quite the Hero to Coruscant.” The group continued to walk, “I am also to advise you sir that you will be meeting with some local civilians from across Republic City tomorrow. This meet and greet has been set up by the Council to help win hearts and minds of our local supporters and those still on the fence. Also tomorrow evening, Jedi Master, you will be dining with a group of dignitaries from the Senate.”

He walked Daz all the way to a waiting airspeeder all the while explaining in painful details of how much little time Daz will have during this stay at the Temple. Luckily for Daz, it will be a short stay as next week they will be heading off with the 1st REF to fight in the Brush Fire Wars. However to Daz's horror, Mr. Birmston would still be in service when he returns. Daz thought smugly, 'If I am lucky, I could just die in battle.' He smiled as he saw Mr. Birmston in the distance waving back as they sped away. “Life of a hero seems more like life of a star” Daz said softly.

Visst nodded, “they are one in the same Daz. People look up to you. You should consider what they see and how you show it to them.”

Daz nodded to the wise words as he leaned back in the Airspeeder, “I am not going to like being a hero, will I?”

“I wouldn't think so” replied Visst.
06-09-2013, 10:14 PM,
(2.4b) Winds of Change (Part One)
Winds of Change (Part One)
Northern Highlands Region
Baklid 6

The highly charged state of affairs within the Jedi Order has caused the Republic to become enthralled in a ever growing set of small conflicts around the Galaxy. The Senate had been grid locked over a vote to join or remain out of the Jedi Civil War. The sides were clearly divided and both sides had taken the moral high ground within the debates. Sadly neither side controls enough votes to carry their cause. In the end, the Senate had reluctantly agreed to a limit engagement within these small conflicts. Without an official declaration of war, reserve units were called up to help support the Jedi Order as they fought to subdue an ever growing number of rebel Jedi factions. These areas of conflict has become known across the galaxy as the Brush Fire Wars.

A group of special military units were created to fight these down and dirty little wars. These units were called Republican Expeditionary Force or REF. Units from across the Republic military were called up to serve within the REF and help fill out their ranks while new troops could be trained up. Under the compromise within the Senate, the Supreme Chancellor could not deploy any regular Military Forces to these small zones of conflict. The intent was to ensure that these small zones of conflicts did not erupt in to open warfare and spread to near by systems. So to answer this limit, the Supreme Chancellor along with the military leadership rotated units from regular duty to reserve Status. These shifts of rotation soon became known as Unit R&R. This allowed the Grand Army to deploy experienced units to areas of conflict where they were needed the most.

With reports of growing rebel Jedi on the planet of Baklid 6, the 2nd REF was dispatched to bring an end to the planets ongoing civil war and capture the rebel Jedi. While the mission was only expected to last two months, the 2nd REF had gotten themselves dragged in to a nasty gorilla war with the CSA supported rebels on the planet. Despite some surprising gains from the 2nd REF, their slow progress has forced High Command to rotate some more experienced units to the conflict zone. The unit chosen to be rotated in was the elite 501st Marine. After arriving the world, the unit was broken up and sent to serve along side the brave soldiers of the 9th Grand Army. Some argued the logic in breaking up the 501st but the orders were issued and carried out.

Talon fidgeted with her new body armor as she looked out the window of their Assault Air Speeder. Her entire unit had been issued new armor for this Unit R&R rotation. Sure it was just as protective in most regards as her old armor. But it simply was not power armor. Nor was it self contained like her old armor. This armor was designed for combat on worlds like this crappy world. It was arid near the equator and horrible humid in the northern Highlands. She looked out the window and saw vast spans of deep jungles and winding rivers that cut through the mountains. It was this region of the planet were all of the air is produced and where many of the very valuable Fire Crystals were mined. When the command orders came for the 501st to be reassigned to Unit R&R, this was not what she expecting. But it was a refreshing change of events from their normal Special Operation duties with her sister's Jedi friends.

“What is wrong with it” asked Master Sergeant Zya over the loud humming from the engines of the Air Speeder.

Talon looked at her friend and frowned, “I really miss my armor suite” she playfully whined with a smile. The new armor was called, Light Infantry Armor or LIA. Sure it gave great mobility, even better then her old armor had offered. It was even designed so that she could still wear her auto-injectors and combat control computer. But again, Talon loved her power armor. When she questioned the logic of the switch between armors, she was told that the combat fields on Baklid 6 did not ensure that the energy requirements would be met for her unit's special powered armor. Also, it was important that the 501st blinded in with the elements of 9th Grand Army. Their standard armor is a medium, partial powered, armor. Talon just shook her head and accepted the order without further comments.

“Twenty minutes!” yelled the load master of the craft. They were heading in to a hot landing zone and things would only get worse from there. The Immortals were pulled from their normal Special Operations Command to temporally assigned to support the 193rd Republic Infantry which was part of the 9th Grand Army. Once they arrived on the planet, they were told that a element of the unit had been cut of by rebels and was in threat of being over run. Talon step forward and pointed out that the Immortals would turn the battle around and win the day. She asked for a company of troopers to go with her and was told that they could not spar any more forces to support the embattled element. They were able to spar transportation though.

Talon looked at her data pad on her arm. She was told that the unit was a company sized unit of mixed races and that they been ordered to take a key pass in the highlands when they were ambushed near a village. The pass was key to the rebels movement of supplies and reinforcements for the lower valleys. The unit had been engaged with merc units and heavy number of droid units. The unit had become embattled for almost forty four hours since they made first contact with the enemy. She shook her head once more, 'this is not going to be easy' she thought as she looked over everything. Judging from the causality list most of the units leadership had been either killed or taken out of the battle. The only think holding this unit together were resupply air speeders and the fact that they were against a wall.

“Zya, Holiday, Lefty come here.” she said calling over her leaders. She waited for them to get over to where she was kneeling, “Here, see this ridge line on the west side of the battlefield. See this river area. I am willing to bet my paycheck that this is where the enemy is resupplying their west flank. Lefty and Holiday, I want you two to take your squads to the southern side of the ridge line. Recon it and let me know what you see. There are no friendly units out there according to the reports. So what ever moves, kill it” she explained. Then turned to Zya, “Their battalion commander was killed nineteen hours ago. Major Hiem Tevv has taken command of the unit. I want to find him and see what is the latest developments of the battle. These reports are two hours old so keep that in mind before you act. Lets keep two squads in reserve to ensure we can place them where we need them after we find out what is going on” she explained to Zya who smiled and nodded.

The Load Master called out once more, “Five Minutes!”

Talon got up and nodded as she put her new helmet on. “I hate this new armor” she said as she activated her combat computer and a little heads up display illuminated just in front of her left eye. “Marines! Time to go rescue the Grand Army of the Republic” She yelled over to her troopers. On that noted her unit got to their feet and lined up at the ramp in the rear of the craft. Talon grabbed the Load Master, “You better make sure your gunners give us good cover fire” she snapped then let him go.

She didn't trust any member of the Grand Army of the Republic. They were not trained to be warriors like her and her troops were. They enlisted normally because of lack of anything better to do than out of any sense of duty to the Republic. Unlike most members of the Army each and ever member of her unit not counting Zya were bred for war. All of her troops including Zya welcomed death. They were a different breed then those in the Army and now she was going to show everyone what the Marines could really do. Talon looked up and saw the rear ramp starting to open as the Load Master waved a hand with one finger extended. She nodded in response to his message to her.

The Speeder landed in a hail of fire from enemy position that were hidden across the valley. It was a horrible situation as the men and women of the Immortals pured out of the craft with blaster fire ripping over head and shells exploding nearby. Holiday lead Lefty and half the unit for their objective while Talon led the other half of the unit towards the location of where the unit's headquarters was located. The blaster fire never let up while shells and other projectiles were ripping through the air. She had led her unit straight in to a war zone and any doubt of how badly the situation really was, was washed away. They rushed to clear the landing zone as they each saw body bag after body bag being rushed on to the speeder along with the wounded. They were surprised to see so many wounded going on to the speeder.

Talon knew what to expect and the sight of the wounded and dead did not phase her. It was just the high number of wounded and dead. The small group of marines rushed forward and continued to take notes. Once they were clear of the landing zone and were able to regroup Talon took a knee and waved the her unit over to her. She waited for them all to get within ear shot, “Heavy, take the rest of the platoon over to those cannons. I want to know why they are not firing. If they are damaged I want to know what we need to fix them. Also I noticed as we landed that that area is not completely secured. So watch your back and deploy the squads to secure that area. We need that flake held or else we risk losing the landing zone” she explained.

Heavy nodded, “Yes ma'am. What are my engagement orders?”

“Weapons fire Sergeant. Protect your men at all cost” she ordered. And he nodded his understanding then waved the two squads to follow him as he led them off in to combat. Talon looked at Zya “Oh my god this is a mess. Their lines are pushed back to the brink of becoming a complete rout. Did you see those lines on the southern flank. How could this have happened” she asked then added, “Lets find that Major and get some answers” she said then got back up and started to move for the headquarters.

The pair moved carefully through the dug in Army position and found the headquarters. Talon was surprised to see the complete loss of moral within the soldiers around the headquarters. Each step she took showed her one more reason that this mission was a failure. Something deep down in her gut started to eat at her. There were small mounds dug in to the soil and sand bags placed on top to give the space below more protection. Talon led Zya down in to what they were told was the headquarters. The space was a mess. Maps tossed about the ground in disorder and a figure set in the corner. Talon walked up to the figure, “I am Lieutenant Heartman, I am...” she started to say as she touched the figure. The body fell over. He had been died for at least two hour from what she could tell. In the body's right hand was comlink and it fall from its hand when the body fell over. Talon was now beyond words in her anger. Another figure entered the headquarters. Talon spun and drew out her pistol, “Halt or I will shot!” she snapped.

The man froze in place, “I am Captain Ramis! Don't shot” the human soldier said surprised by the two Marines who now aimed weapons at him.

Talon was behind rational thought, “Where is Major Tevv, Captain?” she demanded with her weapon still pointed at him. For all she cared, the situation is just as much this man's fault as anyone else. Killing him would only help these soldiers now. But for now, she wanted information from this man.

Captain Ramis was shaking with his hand held up so not to provoke being shot. “Major Tevv went back to the rear to try and get reinforcements for us” the Captain explained.

Talon didn't recall seeing any Sullustans in the rear headquarters. “He left his unit in combat?” she snapped still holding her pistol aimed at the man's head. She then switched off the safety, “Then who is in charged Captain?”

Hearing the sound of a heavy blaster charge up to fire is a fearful sound. More so, when you are on the receiving end of the so to be incoming fire. “No one has taken command officially but Captain Smoo claims to be the next in command. He has been giving the orders since we lost contact with Major Tevv” he tried to explain while looking down. He didn't know who this crazy woman was or why she was going to kill him. He didn't sign up for this crap. He only wanted to get money for college. When the others deserted the unit he stood his ground with his men and refused to leave them. Now he was started to wish that he got on that transport with the Major.

“I am only go to say this one time Captain. Your situation is dire. We are your relief, but I will not lead my unit in to death because you and your fellow officers will not command. Affective immediately, I am assuming command of this unit. Now pick up that com-unit and pass the word to each platoon out there.” she snapped.

“Begging your pardon, I am a Captain not a radio operator” he protested.

Talon stepped forward, “I have not completely ruled out killing you Captain for failing to led your troops in battle. NOW DO IT while I still decide on your worth this this Company.” she yelled to the man.

Captain Ramis nodded as he walked over to pick up the com-gear from the dead operator. “Platoons Ma'am? Company” he questioned, “We are a Battalion, 3/193rd. we have four companies out there fighting for their lives” he explained. He knew she was not Army. He could tell that much from her actions. From the look in her eyes and the marking on both of their armor could only mean one thing. They were Republic Marines. And if this was the case, then the rumors were true, they were being replaced by the Marines and they would be off this rock in a mater of days.

“Then let your company commanders know that I am taking charge.” Talon restated coldly as she holstered her pistol. “I want a full sitrap in five minutes” she demanded then snapped, “Get on the horn and start talking.” Talon walked over to one of the tables in the space. She cleared off the scattered dirt and rocks off of it. Then she placed a map of the area on the center of the table. She could hear the Captain doing his job. She looked at Zya, “If this is a Battalion, then where is the command staff? Did all of them abandon their troops?” she questioned in surprise. She never once even thought that a commander could abandon their troops in combat.

“Ma'am, the enemy is pushing across the Landing Zone. If we loss...” the Captain tried to warn but Talon cut him off.

“I know, lets go Captain” She said as she took up her blaster rifle and led the way out of the headquarters. Leading from the front inspired her men and showed them that they fought together. She rushed to a point where she could see the battle unfolding. The enemy units were pushing one of the Companies across the landing zone. They were just puring out of the village unchecked. It was clearly this major push was aimed at splitting the battalion and closing the landing zone. Talon saw a Twi'lek officers rushing over to where they were standing but her attention was on the battle as it played out.

“Heavy! Report on those cannons!” she demanded in her own comlink.

She heard Heavy come over the comlink, “Talon, these guns are shot. Looks like someone got up inside them with charges. Take hours to repair them if we can get the parts.”

“Understood, The LZ is in danger. I need you and your men on the southeast side of the LZ. The enemy is pushing hard. Push them back.” she commanded her own men in to combat. “Ramis get Divarty on the air. We need a fire mission!” She snapped then turned to Zya, but before she could speak she was cut off by the Twi'lek now just beside her.

“How dare you tramp in here and try to take over my unit. I am the ranking officer and field commander of this unit” he yelled at Talon.

Talon nodded to Zya who nodded back at her, “So you are responsible for this mess your unit finds itself in” she asked not even looking at the Captain.

The Twi'lek nodded, “Yes I am, I am Captain Smoo. And who the hell are you?”

Talon drew out her heavy blaster pistol with her off hand and aimed it right in his face. The shot rang out with clarity and was covered by the sounds of combat occurring just meters from where they stood. She didn't even look at Captain Smoo as she shot him right between the eyes. His head snapped back a bit then his lifeless body fell forward to the ground. “Sounds like we resolved the issue of Command” she said to Ramis while she replaced her pistol back in to its holster, who only half nodded out of pure terror of the woman standing before him. Talon turned to Zya, “Go rally our troops and form a line there across the southwest line. Use those troops over there and drive northeast. Heavy and his men will support your drive.” she commanded.

Zya nodded and smiled, “With pleasure LT.” she said making sure that the Captain could easily hear her. She wanted the man to know that command was not something that came with rank in the Marines. Zya rushed off to where the battle was unfolding. Already soldiers were starting to run from the field. No defense could withstand a rout and that was their biggest threat right now. The enemy could not possible do more harm then forcing them to rout.

“I have Divarty on the air, Ma'am” Ramis said holding the comlink over to Talon. He could not help but glance over at Captain Smoo's lifeless body. His hand thimbled as Talon took the device from him. Sure things were not as good as they had expected but she didn't have to kill him. Ramis knew better then to speak out against the act now. He would keep his mouth shut and stay alive.

“Ramis, explain to me way we have not blasted that village in to dust?” she said pointing her hand at it.

He looked over at the village and sighed. He could see the enemy positions clearly and knew that they were using the huts and shacks to house their soldiers. “Captain Smoo did not want to fire on civilians or their houses. We have been fighting under limited engagement orders” he tried to explain.

Talon nodded as she brought the comlink to her mouth, “Romeo Fif two niner, this is Whiskey Two Tree One, Fire mission, Zulu Zulu, Niner fif, eight zero, fif tree, kilo fif. Authorization lima kilo, mike november, alpha fif two zero” She said in to the comlink then paused. Giving the unit on the other side a chance to record her orders. Then she continues, “Give us a single round first.”

Ramis looked at her with confusion, “Ma'am you are calling that fire mission right down on the village” he said in shock and horror.

Talon nodded, “We need to drive them from the battlefield. That village is their base of operation and so we are going to remove it from the battle” she explained.

Somewhere high above the planet a Republic Heavy Cruiser drifted in to position over the battlefield. Slowly it turned broad side and aimed its large antiship weapons down on the planet. “ Whiskey Two Tree One this is, Romeo Fif two niner. One round on the way!” Talon heard over the comlink.

Near the center of the village a single round exploded sending large pieces of house and soil high in to the air. Talon was not satisfied with the aim. She brought the comlink up once more, “Romeo Fif two niner, this is, Whiskey Two Tree One correction fire. Zulu Zulu, Niner fif, eight one, fif two, kilo four” she spoke as she wanted to walk the fire from the Northern side of the LZ and then in to the village. “Give us a single round” she ended. She knew what she was doing and it would work. In her own comlink she spoke to her unit, “Zya, Heavy. Get ready for a rush. Have your troopers keep their heads down. Then once all hell breaks loss give the order to charge. I want that village.” she commanded.

Talon watched at the second round landed right where she wanted it. “Romeo Fif two niner, good target. Give me a Mic Oscar drift and fire for effect” she yelled at the ship high above them. She watched as the blast leveled in to the enemy troops cutting them down in droves. She smiled as her own units started to push the enemy back across the landing zone. The rain of fire was intense and unending as it walked across the battlefield and then in to the village. Zya and Heavy led the soldiers of the Grand Army in to their first victory since they landed in the region. Watching the battle from her point she could see the Army's moral shift from defeat to that of revenge. She nodded her head as the village was reduced to dust. They didn't win this battle yet, but they won't be losing tonight. And Talon was okay with that. “Ramis, inform all commands, the gloves are off. This is a war. If they are not Republic, then they are our enemy” she ordered as she watched Zya lead the troops across the river in to the blazing village.

“Yes Ma'am” the Captain said still looking at the body of Captain Smoo. He didn't know who was worse, the enemy or her.

Talon stepped down and tossed the comlink back at him, “And let them all know, if anyone would like to talk to be about command, then let them know they can come feel free to chat” she said with a smile. She had not been on the ground for more then ten minutes and already she saved the unit from complete defeat, killed an incompetent Captain, jumped up two ranks and who knows how many Army Regs she violated. 'How the hell do I get in to all of this' She thought to herself. This battle had just been joined and it was going to last till one side wipes the other out completely.
06-11-2013, 02:12 AM,
(2.5) Winds Of Change (Part Two)
Winds Of Change (Part Two)
Gorwooker Village
Kashyyyk

Kitmapia looked deep in to the fire as his mother looked at him, she smiled, “Kitmapia, it is time for bed. Climb up to your limb and go to bed.” his mother said to the child wookiee. The day had been a very festive day filled with grand feasts and celebrations of his first hunt and kill. His father had taught him to become a skilled hunter and his kiktydow pray stood no chance against Kitmapia the hunter.

Kitmapia frowned and sighed, he was a hunter now and he should be treated just like one. The rest of the adults didn't have to go to bed yet. So why should he have to. Then it dawned on him! It was a plan that no one dared refuse. His frown slowly turned to a smile as he finished his plot to stay up just a little bit longer. If if just worked just right, he might even see the moon raise tonight. 'Oh how my friends would envy me. First Hunt, First Kill. Then and then, I will be the first of us to see the moon.' he thought as his plan came in to being. “Mother, you are right. It is time for bed.” he said with a sigh and a sadness about his face.

“Oh My Kitmapia. Why are you sad?” she knew he was up to no good. He was clever just like his father. 'what are you planning my son' she thought with a sly smile.

Kitmapia looked to his great, great grand father, Frokazza. He was the most elderly wookie on Kashyyyk. He had ended a great journey to be here for one of his Kitmapia's first hunt. “Frokazza has come such a long way to be here today. This day is my day and I have not heard a story of one of his great adventures. When he visits, he always tells me a story. You all have talked so much tonight and I have not had a chance to get my story” the child said with a sadness in his voice. Then looked from his mother to his father, “I have been taught to respect the history of our clan and to learn as much as I can. But now because of the setting sun, I shall miss this chance to learn one more piece of our history.” he said getting up with his head hung low, 'and now the hook' he thought looking back to his mother, “But you are right mother, I shall head to sleep now” he said thinking of his beloved pet he lost last season. The emotional feelings of that lost caused his eyes to tear up and generated just the response from his mother.

She looked to her husband who gave her no show of support by only shrugging his shoulders. It was Frokazza who spoke up, “I don't mind telling the young one a story.” he said with a smile. His venerable age could easily be seen in his ragged and worn coat.

Everyone about the fire smiled as they all looked from Kitmapia to his mother. She rolled her eyes and nodded, “Fine but only one story then off to bed with you.”

'YES!' Kitmapia thought as he gracefully nodded his head. The smiled on his face and the glee in his eyes betrayed his ploy but it was too night.

“It is surely your day young Kitmapia” Frokazza said softly as he shifted himself in his chair looking at the brave child hunter. “Tell me, what kind of story would you like to hear” he questioned the child then looked around the room of wookies who had gathered by the fire.

Kitmapia thought hard, he wanted the story to be exciting and filled with heroes and brave battles. He wanted it to last till the moon comes up. He finally nodded, “I want to hear of great battles with heroes” Kitmapia said with pride and happiness. Then as an after thought he added, “ I want to hear a true story, Great Frokazza”

Frokazza smiled and nodded, “Then I shall tell you a story that I do not speak of often. This story is as true as this fire is hot.” he said holding up his hand to gather everyone's attention as the light of the fire flickered about his elderly face. The elderly wookie deepened his tone to ensure that he captured the mood of the story while shadows danced along the walls of the great hall. “I was there, I saw these things with my very eyes.” He said then leaned forward to let the light of the fire illuminate his seasoned face giving him an even more dreaded appearance. “When I was but a young hunter, just a bit older then you Kitamapia. I was young and filled with the spirit of adventure. I sought glory and valor across the galaxy in service of the legendary Galactic Republic.”

“As a member of the Grand Army of the Republic, I was sent to a world not much different than this one. It was filled with great forest and vast deserts. It was also consumed with great dangers and horrible enemies. My comrades in arms and I were tasked with taking some forgotten pass and holding it. We didn't have a clue what destiny had in store for us. We were fresh out of training and some of us, like me, this had been our first alien world he had ever seen. We were so foolish and naive. But with foolish, my child, does also come with bravery. Oh we were so brave back then. We sang songs on our way to this forgotten battle. We were told that the enemy was nothing more then farmers and miners. That they would be scared and run from our sight. We all were expecting to be back in our cots by the next morning. So we sang such beautiful songs of victory.”

“Oh this place we were sent to was so beautiful. Such lush green forests, tall mountains that dotted the sky and a blue river that snaked through the mountains and passes. How much horrors could be hidden by such beauty. How my life changed in the foreground of such a beautiful place. I remember seeing the river that cut through the region. A small village filled with humanoids set on the banks of the river. I could see them as we flew overhead. When we set down, my unit was lead up a nearby hilltop to set up positions and cover our comrades in the pass below. The air was fresh and clean as we marched up the hill. We knew that the enemy was near I could smell them. I warned my comrades and we were careful and used caution. Our enemies were so clever, they used dead animal hung in the tree to confuse my brother and I. They were clever my boy. So very clever.”

“We had not reached the top of the hill we finally met the enemy. He was an older man dressed in robs. Back then we knew what he was on site. It was the first time I had ever seen a Jedi, and it was truly an experience. Just the image of him sent fear through most of us. It was my brother who fired first. I had heard stories of Jedi before but never dreamed that the stories were true. The shot from my Brother's bowcaster was reflected right back at my brother! The rest of the enemies attacked us. We rushed for the safety of the high ground at the top of the hill. They had us surrounded in a matter of minutes and we dug in while we fought them back. In time, the enemy fell back and we thought we had won the day. Then we learned the terrible truth of what had happened. We were cut off and left to rot. We watched helplessly as they attacked our comrades in the pass below. For the rest of that day, we watched in horror as wave after wave tried to over come their defenses. Each time we tried to rally and move to help our comrades, we were attacked and forced back up the hill top.”

“We watched as more of our troops were flown in on speeders. We watched them fighting for their lives. We could do nothing but watch as the tens of thousands of enemy soldiers and driods swarmed the battle below us. While they fought, we were attacked but nothing like what was happening below us in the pass. That night while we licked our own wounds, we heard the most horrible sound rising up from the pass. It was the sounds of wounded soldiers left for dead on the field. Some begged for death while others cried out for some sense of comfort. This sound echoed up from the pass and filled our souls with a sense of dread. Their was little anyone could do for those left behind. So many of us had been cut off from each other. We later learned that we were not the only unit that had been cut off from the rest. That night to the echoes of the dying, each of us, including myself, accepted that this was going to be out last hours in this world. We all decided that we would die like soldiers.”

“The next morning, more soldiers were flown in to help us. Some died even before they could exit their craft. Others were cut down while they ran across the landing zone. I remember seeing a speeder filled with soldiers coming in to land. I saw a rocket ripped from a nearby hill top. The blast blew the speeder apart. Soldiers rained down on to the landing zone like drops of rain. Death crossed the valley along with the smoke of the fires that burned. We smelled a new sent on the hot wind that blew up through the pass to our hill top prison. We could smell the sent of burning and rotting flesh of those that died the day before. The enemy had decided that this was to be our day. We spent the entire day fighting for our lives as more enemy soldiers than I could count rushed our lines. We lost almost half of our numbers that day against the never ending numbers of the enemy. Three times our lines were over run and three times we pushed them back. On the last time, I lost my arm and my mighty bowcaster to a female Twi'lek Jedi. I watched my very own brother sacrifice his own life as he rushed a group of soldiers screaming out in rage. He rushed in to the smoke and fog, he rushed in to his destiny. I saw the fireball of his explosion through the fog. I knew I had lost him.”

“That night, my comrades held me down as they cauterized my other wounds. I was told that my screams were heard far across the pass. It was that night, the enemy attacked us like never before. Both in the pass and up on our hill top. The enemy swarmed through the forest and in the pass. Once more we thought we would all meet our makers that night. But once again we refused to go in to the darkness without a fight. It was that night we were told that most of our leaders had abandoned us during the chaos of the battle. The night sky lite up with blaster fire and explosions. I am sure from a distance it might have appeared to be a sight to behold. But for us, that night was a night of nothing less than hell itself. The morning brought a calm with the morning dew and fog throughout the pass and the surrounding hills. It was if the enemy had crawled back in to their lairs and plotted our deaths. For now we had a slight break and we used it to regroup as best as we could.”

“With the morning sun, we all saw something to behold. It was the first time I saw them. A black and gold airspeeder landed and off walked four great warriors! Even as there were some fire across the land zone they did not fear it. They were leading a small army of loyal immortal soldiers. We looked at each other as we watched them spread out and join our ranks. It was a friend of mine who saw their leader first. At first we had thought she was a Jedi. We would all come to learn she was no Jedi. We found out she was a demon in Republic armor. Her heart was filled with such rage, it was like she was kin to us Wookiees. Fire burned so brightly in her eyes, it was as if two suns had been placed there. With the voice of thunder she cried out that echoed through the pass like the pure demon she was. We all feared her, but it was the enemy who had ever right to be fearful for she had come for their souls. They knew of her and her loyal immortals! They knew the battle had been joined by the armies of the underworld.”

“They attacked with everything they had with the goal of killing her and her minions. I watched her as she draw out her mighty sword and level it at the enemy while they rushed across the landing zone once more. She screamed out and her voice echoed up to us. We all could feel the power of her battle cry, we saw the sky open up with the wrath of the gods. The enemy was cut down as wave after wave of blasts ripped down from the sky. The village that the enemy was using to attack us from was also blown from the hill top along in her fiery wrath. Our salvation had arrived on the black wings of a pure demon straight from a nightmare.”

“That day, for the first time, the enemy felt the bitter taste of defeat. Our new demonic leader stood proud atop of a large mound as she commanded the battle. She dared the enemy snippers to cut her down. She felt no fear of them nor did she gave mercy to them. Her immortal warriors slaughtered their soldiers in droves. The battle joined anew and our forces fighting to regroup and rejoin each other. She drew out her great sword and joined the battle with her minions. We heard her cry out with such a voice that woke the fallen soldiers. She beckoned all of us to stand strong and fight for the day. Her very presence on the battlefield turned the tide of battle that day. For the first time since we had been in this pass, We knew in our hearts that we would win the day once and for all. I turned to my comrades in arms and spread her challenge. Today, we would not loss any more. Today we would bring death to our enemies.”

“That night, she summoned up another surprise for our enemies. She brought forth to the field her own Jedi! No more would our enemies hold the advantage of Jedi powers. I saw them rushing from their speeder, I remember thinking that these were no normal Jedi. It was not till later when we would learn their dark identities. They walked calmly through the smoke and weapons' fire as they made their way to her perch. It was clear to us, high on the hilltop, as we watched her command these Jedi and pointed to us with her great sword. We all knew in that moment, that she would come to our rescue next. We were sure that the enemy also knew what she was coming for us. We could see her and her followers assemble at the base of our hill. They were few in numbers but it was clear by the look in their eyes that they would leave this hill in victory or death. We watched the enemy line up their troops to keep her away from us. They held the high ground with their Jedi behind them. They thought that would be enough to keep her from us. She had other plans as she drew up her sword and charged with her minions. Up the hill they rushed screaming their battle cries. Their voices echoed through the mountains like raging through the forest.”

“Her Jedi clashed against the enemy's Jedi with great courage and valor. Unlike the Jedi of today, my boy, these Jedi fought with the pure force in their hearts. I watched with my very eyes, one take to the skies like a great bird of pray. He swooped down with his blade out at his enemies and slay them where they stood. I have never heard of flying Jedi but right before my eyes I saw one of her Jedi flying! They all fought with such courage and bravery. Yet to our surprise they were cut down! Our hearts sank at the sight of them being cut down. I looked at the Demon leading the charge up the hill and she just smiled back at me. She knew what was coming and trusted her Jedi to serve her bidding.”

“I look further down the hill in disbelief. I saw her Jedi raise from the ground screaming like wild animals. They rejoined the battle with rage in their hearts cutting down the very Jedi Twi'lek that took my arm. I have never seen anything like it before. They commanded the very forest to serve their needs in the battle and unleashed attacks that no mere mortal could stop. They fought fierce and were slaying the other Jedi as they rushed to join the battle. It became a slaughter of fallen Jedi. They had raged with blood lust in their eyes. There was no stopping them during this battle. The fallen Jedi never had a chance against them. Against her undead Jedi.”

“The Demon leaped over our lines and screamed out, 'Live or dying, keep up and fight as I command! OR ROT!' We together fought our way down the hill together. When we reached the her Jedi, we saw the results of their battle. The fallen Jedi were nothing more than bodies, scattered like leafs blown by the wind. The demon lead us back to rejoin our comrades in the pass below. That night, we finally had a chance to rest and eat. Or at least that is what we thought we could do. The enemy was not finished with us. That night they attacked us once more. Once more we were fighting for our lives. But this time, we knew, oh how we knew that they would not succeed. When our hearts would sink, all we need do is look up to the perch see her there commanding our forces. Standing there daring the enemy to try to take her life.”

“Bolts ripped past her as her Jedi fought like whirlwinds of death. Once more, she opened up the sky and rain down the power of gods on the enemy. We fought all night long and in to the morning hours. She gave us the strength and courage we needed to survive that final night. By the light of the morning, my coat was covered in the blood of our enemies. We looked up to the last enemy strong hold. There bathed in the light of the raising sun we saw the enemy village once more. We could see them mocking us from the safety of their mountain top village. This battle for the pass had to end and the only way for that to happen was to capture that village once and for all.”

“She gathered us at the steps of their strong hold. She moved about us saying, 'we have bled all night and all day. Our blood has mixed in the soul of this hollow ground. We are bothers and sisters of the sword today.' She paused then took a moment to look up the hill to the strong hold, 'Today we shall die, Open Valhalla's door, Let the battle begin with swords in the wind, Hail Gods of War' she yelled out as her battle cry. She led the charge up the hill with her Jedi minions behind her. We all followed her, we all charged up that hill. We were out numbered many times to one. But we charge up that hill behind her. We all followed her in to the devils own house. And we would have done it again at her summoning.”

“She held out her great sword as she charged and swung it at her enemies. Whom ever she hit were cut down. It was like time had stopped while we fought. She saw the leader of the enemy and she rushed to engage him. She screamed out with blood in her mouth, and soldiers ran from her. Those who knew better feared her for she was terror on the battlefield. She ran up to the leader as he fired on her. I say this is true as my life holds in the balance, I saw him hit her at least ten times with his blaster rifle. The shots didn't even phase her, she just continued to rush up to him. When she reached him, he swung at her. She dove beside him like a bird and right over his weapon. She rolled behind him and leaped back up. With her great sword in hand, she drove it deep in to his back and through his chest. One of his guards fired on her. She spun in the air leaping up and throw her knife at him. The force of the hit to his head cleaved his head right off.”

“The bird like Jedi that I was fighting beside was just like the rest, like a demonic warrior. With each swing of his blade, hoards of enemy fell. I watched him cut through an enemies weapon and then cut his body in half. He was smaller then anyone of us. And still he fought as if he too had made a pack with the Demon herself, and together they all unleashed the powers of the likes I have never seen before. And when the enemy had managed to cut them down, they would rise back up screaming once more like wild animals. No sword or weapon could harm them. They killed man and beast alike. By the time the sun had reached the top of the sky, we all had slaughtered the enemy down to the last soldier.”

“It was in that moment looking about the field of battle did I realize, that I was standing with true Gods of war” He said finishing his story as he leaned back in to his chair once more. There was only silence among the wookiees in the room. He only smiled at them and nodded, “I was there, I saw it with my own very eyes.”

Kitmapia looked to his father, “Is that true, father” he asked his father then added, “Could such a creature be real?” As his father gathered up the young wookiee and led him out of the room.

Once they were out of the room his father took a knee next to his son. He smiled and patted his son on the head, “Remember that these legends are only legends of the past. Sometimes, it is best to enjoy the legends as what they are. A good story.” He smiled then looked back through the passageway at the fire in the center of the room. There was a moment of thought in his mind but then he dismissed it. “Now off to bed with you, my son.”

The following poem was read before the Jedi Council last year as part of a competition.

The Force & Me
Padawan Narlia Distombe
5th Year Jedi Padawan (Twi'lek Female)

What is the Force and how does it affect me
Is it something I can hear, touch, taste, smell or see
How do I know of its’ existence, is it even real
I just want to know if it is something I can feel

The Force is a guiding helper to us
To those who accept the light and dwell within it
The Force comes to dwell in your soul
It fills a place that has long been empty and makes you whole

When you accept the light of the Force
Many life-altering changes will quickly occur
You will have a desire to do what the Force asks of you
An overwhelming feeling of peace will consume you

As you study the Force, even more will be revealed
It will provide you with protection, your armor and shield
The Force will also empower you to complete Its tasks
If you have any questions, simply meditate and ask

You will have to submit your life to the Force, which may seem tough
Don’t be afraid to admit if you have had enough
It will never give you more than It knows you can bear
It cheers with you in triumph and comforts you in despair

The Force is your guide, but also your conscience
Follow Its statutes and commandments with self-confidence
This means sharing Its promise of salvation with the fallen
With help through the Force they too can receive salvation from the darkside

The Force affects all senses and it IS real
And since you have accepted the Light, it is something you can feel
May you serve the light as I do, and strive to do Its bidding
Through the Force there is nothing you cannot do.
06-12-2013, 08:46 AM,
(2.6) Winds of Change (Part Three)
Winds of Change (Part Three)
Baklid 6

As the first rays of morning sunlight crests over the mountains of the Northern Ranges, a lone transport hovers on approach to Castle Base. The armored transport was rushed in to production just for operations on worlds like Baklid 6. Specially designed to carry troops from one battlefield to the next while having more then enough fire power to ensure that the landing zone could be protected by the craft. Unlike most Republic military craft, this was the very first one that was specially designed for down and dirty fighting. Much like the combat on Baklid 6, which has become the standard of how the fighting is starting to be conducted throughout other hot spots of the Brush Fire Wars. It had been three months since the horrific battle of Coreer pass and the very rude awakening of the Grand Army of the Republic.

The Grand Army of the Republic has found themselves in a war that they were completely unprepared for. In wars of the past, they were fought between great armies fighting over entire systems or expanses of space. Here on Baklid 6 and over a hundred other hot spot worlds, the combat zones were normally sections of the world or like in Baklid 6's case, two sections of the world. These wars are nasty, dirty, and normally degrade in to guerrilla actions rapidly. The Rebel Jedi Forces fielded mercenary, Antarian Rangers, or even droid forces. They normally lacked the forces to take a planet out right from the planetary leadership or defend a planet on a traditional battlefield. The Grand Army of the Republic has it own issues with fielding its own forces. Its hands has been tied by the Senate and their Rules of Engagement. Because neither side can achieve a clear advantage, the conflict degrades horribly and ends up like Baklid 6, dragging out.

Further north, deep in to the mountains sits a lone temple nestled in a small valley. This temple had been built by the Sith several thousand years ago. It had been long forgotten by most but the Rebel Jedi. Now it has become a strong hold and a place of Command for Rebel Jedi. From this temple they had been able to counter most of the actions of the Grand Army. As the morning sunlight sunlight slowly illuminates the twin tall white towers of the temple, the morning starts to take on its shape. But the peace of the morning is about to be shattered. The tall wall that surrounds the temple separates a few large droid tanks and the Grand Army of the Republic. They had been moving in to position during the night and cutting of the temple from help. Now as the light starts to shine, the Grand Army of the Republic waits to pounce on its next target. Within the temple, the determined defenders await what they knew is coming each of them has made a pack to not let the temple fall. One more chapter of the Brush Fire Wars is about to be written.

It was largely due to three factors which placed Captain Fiolla Heartman in temporary command of the 121st Infantry Battalion. First was because of the lack of combat experienced Officers within the ranks of the Grand Army or its Reserve forces. The Grand Army had not fought a real war with any foe in almost a hundred years. Second due to the Rules of Engagement, the Grand Army could not use many of the Officers that it did have available. Lastly, it seemed like a logical choice based on her actions in leading the battalion during the battle of the Coreer pass. Since then she had led the Battalion on a number of victories against the enemy. While there had been a few defeats as well, Captain Heartman had shown a remarkable knack for tactics and strategy. The Grand Army needed all the experienced officers it could get it's hands on, so the order was issued and a young Captain was given Command of a Battalion ahead of a large number of higher ranking officers.

The 121st had formed up encircling the Rebel temple during the night. Their orders were clear, attack the temple and secure it from the Rebel Jedi Forces. Because of these order, their commander gave the defenders an ultimatum , 'Surrender the Temple or face attack at dawn!' Talon hated the idea of giving up the surprise but she felt that if given the defenders the chance, they would choose to surrender the temple. Army Intelligence has also indicated that there were a large number of noncombatants within the temple as well. The last thing Talon wanted was a blood bath of innocents. Killing enemy soldiers was one thing that Talon enjoyed and she was really good at it. Killing innocents people and noncombatants was something that sickened her right to her core. It was unwarrior like and a disgrace to any warrior.

Just a few moments ago, she had received the defenders answer to her ultimatum. They would not surrender the temple. She honored their courage and respected it, but felt a great sense of sadness over the coming battle. She was many things, but a murder was not one of them. Even talking with those closest to her (Those within the party) brought no comfort for what had to happen. She had her orders, the Temple had to be captured and that was plan and simple.

The only compromise she could make was to issue the order, 'If any Rebels attempt to flee the combat zone, let them! Do not prevent or engage any fleeing combatants or noncombatants.' Just before the battle was to be joined, Talon did something very un-Talon like. She sent one last message to the defenders. She told them that her units would be attacking within the hour and that she would promise safe passage for any noncombatants to leave the temple before and during the battle. Against the advice of her staff, she held her units back while giving the defenders a chance to let the noncombatants flee the temple. She was sadden when reports came back that none were spotted leaving.

The songs were song by all as they got ready for the combat. Final moves on both sides were made. She was true to her word, one hour to the second the battle was joined. She unleashed all the power of the 121st on the Temple walls and its defenders. The walls and droids offered little defense against the powerful guns of the 121st walkers. Talon had also called in Divarty strikes across the out lining areas of the temple to ensure that fortifications were destroyed before her troops reached them. As smoke and blasts filled the once beautiful and lush gardens Talon unleashed her soldiers. They surged forward with Talon and her immortals leading the charge. Within moments blood and weapons joined at the main gates of the temple. The time for restraint had passed and gave way to what everyone knew Talon was like. She led her troops like the brutal, focused warrior she was.

Breaking the great gates of the Temple was easy enough. The Temple defenders only put up a token resistance at the gates of the temple. However once within the temple, the battle unfolded just as everyone had predicted it would. The Rebel Jedi and their forces had chosen the grand entry hall to make their final stand. Talon had figured that this would be the place that would make or break her victory as well. It was the most defensible location within the temple with great cross sections for fields of fire. Should it fall, the entire temple could be accessed from the entry hall. The Great Hall was truly an epic battle for both sides. The battle for the Great Hall was brutal and the defenders refused to give it up easily. There were great acts of heroism on both sides of the battle. The defenders fought to the last soldier for it and Talon was glad to make them die for their cause.

The last two combatants had to be Talon and the Jedi Knight Oth Grom. The pair joined battle shortly after the gates of the temple were breached. It was a fitting match between the two. Both were the leaders of their respected sides. Both held spend the night before studying each other before joining the battle the next day. Each had mentioned a deep routed respect for the other and under other conditions would have enjoyed exchanging ideas. However the two had been pitted against each other by fate. And now as their forces were joined in mortal combat, the two leaders were also joined in a life or death struggle. Sadly though, Talon had one thing that her Kel Dorian opponent didn't. Talon had a uncanny knack of rolling with any combat situation and turning it to her favor. Just as the defenders thought they would hold the Great Entry Hall, Talon leaped over Oth's lightsaber attack dodging it. She landed on the other side in a tuck and roll maneuver, and as she rolled through her maneuver she snatched up a lightsaber from a fallen jedi. Returning to her feet she activated the lightsaber and welded it in on hand and her vibro-sword in the other. It was acts like this that allowed Talon to throw her enemies off guard and make the best of the change in the combat situation. Oth had been excellent student in lightsaber combat learning from some of the best saber masters in the Order before she left to join Master Bevurn'Age. Today she had met her match and was having a problem in defeating this Republic Marine. In the end, it was Talon's ability to change the nature of her combat which won the day. It filled Talon with a great sense of satisfaction to drive her vibro-sword in to the chest of Oth Grom.

Talon drew out her sword from Oth's chests with a sucking sound from the wound and a gurgling sound from Oth's mask. She couldn't see Oth's eyes but for a moment she looked in to Oth's eyes. Talon lowered her blades and softly nodded her thanks to an honorable and noble opponent. She respected the creature before her dying. Their was no fear of death, just the respect for the battle that the two had to wage against each other. The battle was lost before Oth's body hit the floor of the Temple's great entry hall. Her blood spilled out across the great seal in the center of the hall. Talon looked around seeking another defender, all she saw was her own troops securing the upper levels of the Temple. The battle was over and they had liberated this Temple from the rebel Jedi. The loss of this Temple and its communication hub would have a lasting impact on the Rebel Jedi and their forces throughout the region. However it would be the events after the battle that would have the greatest impact the Grand Army and the Republic.

Talon had kept two of her companies in reserve surrounding the temple. She wanted to ensure that the two assaulting companies would not be out flanked by reinforcements for the temple. Talon knew that there were other rebel forces in the out lining area but she did not know if they would join the battle or not. It was a brash young active duty Major who had caused the crisis during the battle. He largely had issues with taking orders from a Captain let alone a Marine Captain. During the battle, he gave a countermanding order to his company. The end result of this false order left nine unarmed noncombatants and five combatants dead during the battle. They were gunned down by Republic troops while they tried to flee the Temple. There was no clear evidence that those killed posed any threat to the troops who opened fired on them. When news of the killings reached Talon after the battle she hit the roof. She ordered all those involved be arrested as the facts were investigated.

She hand picked two respected Jedi, Daz and Vist, to investigate the killings. She asked only two questions of them. Had her orders been disobeyed and were the killings directly linked that disobedience. Not one of great patience, She only allowed one day after the battle for Daz and Vist to uncover what facts they could. In the end, she ordered that those responsible be held accountable for the killings. Talon knew that the battle had been hard fought and she seemed to hold a personal responsibility to addressing the entire unit. She reaffirmed what they had done for the Republic and how honorable this battle was. She made sure that they knew that their actions had nothing to do with the killings during the battle. Talon explained to everyone about the details of killings and how it had tarnished the honor of the unit. Prior to the formation and the speech of the killings three shuttles arrived at the landing pad of the Temple. Two shuttles had arrived from the Defiance carrying Captain Pryde and a large group of his crew. Then a shuttle from Castle Base with some members of the Leadership of the 9th Army. It was clear that Talon had made no attempt to hide what had happened.

Standing proud before her troops Talon welcomed Captain Pryde and the members of his crew and members of the 501st. Then she welcomed the leaders from the 9th Army, and on that note she ordered the prisons brought forward by members of the immortals and tied to wooden stumps that had been placed there for them. Talon believed in her heart that it was the Captain and those who had fired their weapons on those fleeing which had caused this dishonor to her victory. Each of them were tied to the stumps as they begged for forgiveness, trails, or just claimed of innocents.

The immortals did not heed their cries or pleadings. They carried out the orders of Talon without questions. It was four who had the duty of making sure Daz remained at the formation and remained on the side lines. This was Azgrad Law in its purest form and Talon would not allow anyone to interfere with it. From this day on, in secret conversations, debates started behind closed doors. Members of the Grand Army were there for the public showing and did nothing to stop it. They stood by and watched while five Army officers and soldiers were executed. Were they not able to stop it because of the influence of the Marines or were they unwilling to stop it because of the very nature of what the Brush Fire Wars have become. For the Marines this was their way of handling what had happened and no one was going to deny them justice.

Captain Pryde took over the formation at this point. His uniform concealed under his colorful robes. He pulled up a book and opened it. The every member of the Marines and some members of the 121st all dropped to a knee and bowed their heads, “The Twelve Testament of Balder” he yelled out before the formations. “Balder was given the commandment of the Far Wanderer. Go forth to the great city of Tyrliss. Lay siege to the city and take Tyrliss with might of your hordes. Within the city you will find the traitor and his family hiding. You are to kill whom you must to take the city yet not by one more life. But the traitor and his family shall not be harmed or soiled. They are to be placed in the center of a great pyre and set up as offering for their crimes. For this shall end the war and bring peace to the realms.”

“Balder led his hordes as the Far Wanderer had commanded. They took the city after a great and glorious battle. However, a few of Balders most trusted found the traitor and his family. Raging from their combat, they killed the traitor and soiled his daughters and wife. They took the traitors son to Balder. They offered the boy as a gift to Balder as a slave. Balder had love for these men as his own brother, but knew what they had done had broken their lords commandments. He built the largest pyre in the city and placed the traitor's body along with this family in the center and set it a blaze. Balder did not know, that all things done are seen by the Far Wanderer. Because Balder and his men defied the orders of the Far Wanderer, a plague hit the city killing over half of his horde. The sky dried and crops rooted in the fields. On the third day the earth opened up and took a third of the city and most of its citizens to Nioavellir.”

“Knowing the crimes that had been done and those who had committed them, on the third day, Balder took his trusted men and set them to the pyre. That night, as their pyre burned, Balder talked to Hilder the Wise. Hilder told Balder that the greater crime was not committed by his men but by him. He said that Balder had tried to deceive the Far Wanderer. That night Balder's brother was taken by the plague. The following morning as his brother's pyre burned, Balder took out his great sword and gave it to Hilder. 'Take this and ensure that my offering continues till the gods are appeased.' On that, Balder cast himself in to the pyre. The mighty Valkyrie Agata who was watching saw the offering of Balder and let his offering continue for three cycles of the night before letting the pyre consume Balder the Great. On the third cycle, she ended the plague and allowed the skies to rain once more.” Captain Pryde finished reading from the book. As he closed the book and cradled it every marine screamed out, “hallow be the name!”

Captain Pryde nodded, “Hallow be the name.” he said then motioned for a group of his crew members. They moved forward with large bowls towards the company that had been given the false orders and did nothing about it. The crew members took their hands and dipped their hands in the bowls. The blood of their victims stain each of their hands. While the members of the wayward company was getting their hands soak with blood, two men did the same for Talon and her own staff. Captain Pryde looked to the 121st, “When we defy the orders of our leaders we bloody our hands and honor. Even when we do nothing and let others fail we where the blood of that failure. Just a couple of days ago, many of you fought with great honor and pride. But a few committed horrible acts while others stood by and did nothing. Now we must cleans ourselves.”

On that note, Talon, Rya, Lefty, Valkyrie and Holiday each stood up and walked over to the five that had been tied down. Some started to cry while others tried to fight for freedom only to be held down by members of the Immortals. Talon led the way as she drew out her sword and placed it on the Captain's neck. He cried out for help from the Jedi their. Vist tried to look away as Captain Pryde said, “Don't look away. You have to watch and witness this. It is almost over.” he said as he made sure Vist could see. Talon brought her sword up while the rest did the same. No one said a word while the swords came down with loud thuds ending the lives of the five. Talon turned and walked over to one of the members of the 501st who held a large bucket. She washed her hands in the fresh water throughly. Once she was sure she had washed the blood from her hands, she dried them with a pure white towel. The soldier holding the towel made sure to show everyone the towel was still white. There were cheers as the other members of Talon's staff did the same. Each one had cleansed their hands of the blood wrongfully shed.

Captain Pryde turned the the soldiers of the 121st and nodded, “Through your actions you have blooded your hands with the blood of innocent people. They have cleansed their hands of your wrong doing. For you, you must led your live free of all false pride. Seek a life of honor on and off the battle. For your crimes only time will heal.” he said then added with an eye on the Jedi, “Even when we do nothing. We let innocent people suffer. We must not become consumed by this war.” On that note he turned and left the formation. Talon called the unit to attention then released them from the formation with orders that the innocent be given respectful Jedi burials while the five murders would be left to root where they lay.
06-12-2013, 07:35 PM,
(2.7) Winds of Change (Part Four)
Winds of Change (Part Four)
Baklid 6

The war in the northern and southern regions of Baklid 6 have been raging for nearly two whole years now. The Republic has now been directly involved for nearly six months now. The elite 501st has been on world now for almost five of those months. Together the 9th Grand Army and the elite 501st has won every battle that the rebel forces has tried to lunch against them. It was because of their successes on the battlefield which had caused the changes in the Rebels combat tactics . Instead of fighting a traditional military campaign, the Republic and Royal Forces have ended up fighting more and more counter guerrilla actions. The Republic has fought less stand up battles for a town or city and more hit and run tactics. This has started to drain on the troops and added stress on the units involved.

This type of combat has also had an ill effect on moral within the troops of the Republic. One such unit that was suffering from the low moral was the impressive 121st Infantry Battalion. Given the important task of keeping their region clear of guerrilla activity. They based their operations out of the Jedi temple which had been taken under force almost two months ago. Talon knew that the Temple held the high ground in the valley and was able to be defended well under the right conditions. Those conditions that she made sure would happen. She petitioned heavy for and received an armor company and two Transport Companies to be added to the location. The 193rd Infantry Regiment moved its headquarters to the Temple due to the added units now assigned to it. In the end that was Talon's over all desire. With the added units in the area, the Temple would be well defended and a prefect base to lunch operations deep in to the Northern Highlands.

Which was what Talon did with extremely effective results. The enemy forces had been forced to change their operations based on how Talon forced them. She controlled the scope and means of the combat in her region which caused a great deal of concerns with other Army Commanders. She would send her companies out on deep patrols to make sure that her forces were seen by local and rebel forces alike. These patrols would normally last days or weeks at a time. But the end result was what she wanted, fear. Fear from her enemies. They feared her and her units in the field. Talon knew the value of fear on the battlefield and she used it to her advantage completely. Reports from POWs showed that among the Rebel forces Talon had earned a nickname. They called her the Phantom Demon, because of her ability to show up on any battlefield and cause havoc on the Rebel forces.

Despite many other battalion commanders leading their units from the field Talon loved to lead her troops from the front. While her companies would spend one rotation in the field, then two on guard duty at the Temple. They would spend their last week on ready reserve, so they could support the company in the field. She would personally skip the rotations of ready reserve and guard duty so she could spend more time in the field. This had a great impact on her units moral and gave her a better understanding of the changing situations in the field. With all of her tactical and strategic knowledge Talon was not above learning. She would spend hours with one of her Jedi Advisors, Jedi Master Visst, talking about all things from Religion to the future. Has her time with the her Jedi Advisors had an impact on her? The events that happened on that fateful day could be linked directly to a change of heart in Talon.

While on deep patrol in the northern highlands, a platoon of Bravo Company and Talon's Command Squad had a chance to encounter a village that had been a nest bed of Rebel activity in the past. Talon gave a harsh order to her troops, no one was to even aim a weapon at a villager or else she would shot them personally. As they made their way through the village, they were able to learn that this village was made up of mostly farmers and herders. Since the war had been pushed in to the highlands, the rebels had been taking supplies from the villagers. Talon took the time to walk around the small mountain side village and she actually tried to get to know the people of this village. It was clear by those who knew her that what she saw in this village had touched her deeply.

They came upon a villager who had been wounded and had suffered from infections within his wounds. Talon set down beside the man and called for a Corpman. Together she and the unit medic helped clean the wounds of infection and gave him shots to help him recover from them. Then they dressed the wound. Talon gave the village leader the Corpman's medical bag and ordered everyone of her troops to half their rations which she gave to the villagers. When one of her Army soldiers addressed her by name in questioning her actions, she turned to her soldiers and addressed them all. She pointed out that unless they showed compassion to the innocent victims of this war, then they would never win in the long term. She further ordered that this village held no threat to the Republic Forces or the Planetary Government.

As she was walking back from the wounded villager, someone leaped out from a nearby hut at her. Before anyone could react, he screamed, “Die Demon!” and drove his weapon in to her gut and pulled the trigger. The loud bang filled the air as Talon was thrown backwards as the second round of the gun jammed. It was because of his lack of respect for his weapon which allowed the dirt to jam the load mechanism and truly save Talon's life. Even as she fell backwards from the first shot that ripped through her lower gut, her attacker realized that his weapon had jammed. He tossed it aside and activated a lightsaber and brought it up to finish Talon off. It was fire from Zya and Lefty which did the attacker in. Before anyone else could react it was over.

Zya rushed to her friend's side ripping a first aid pouch off of her armor. She hurriedly tried to control the bleeding. “Medivac! Call for a Damn Medivac NOW” she yelled as she looked at Talon's wounds and blood. It was bad and Zya could tell. “Not like this Talon, Not like this baby!” Zya said in her clearly fear for Talon's life.

Talon reached up as her body shook uncontrollably and looked in to Zya's eyes, “Not their fault..” She struggled to get out.

Zya held the bandage over the wound. Another result of the Republic's actions on this world had been the degrading of the enemies equipment. Before they were using blasters and more modern weapons. Now the enemy was forced to use less modern weapons like slug throwers and booby traps. “shhhhh Don't worry, you will be fine.” She said trying to dismiss Talon's comments. “Whats the ETA on that Medivac” She questioned.

Talon looked up at Visst with blood breaching her mouth, “Not their fault...” she said reaching out to him.

In the distance the platoon Sargent yelled, “Medivac, ten minutes out. We are making an LZ over there in that field” he said pointing to a near by field.

Zya looked at Visst who had done his best to stabilize her through the powers of the force once more. Her wounds were very deep but he gave her the time she needed to get to a medical unit. “Lets get ready to move her. Roach, get me two ponchos and lay then together, we are going to make a stretcher.” She said letting Visst hold the bandage on Talon's wound. Zya and three other soldiers work with the local villagers who had not forgotten Talon's kindness. They placed two long rods atop of the ponchos dividing the ponchos in to thirds. Then they pulled the outer sides up over the rods and used boot laces to secure them to the rods.

With the sounds of the Medivac making its approach, they moved Talon to the stretcher. Then with the help of everyone, they moved their wounded leader to the Medivac craft. With Talon on board, Visst leaped up on the craft to make sure that she survived the trip back. While over a year ago, Talon had killed mortally wounded troopers instead of having her unit carry them. The situations here were different. Zya gave the order this time to save her life and she knew that Talon didn't want to die at the hands of an assassin. She knew that Talon wanted to die in battle earning honor for her family and people. All these things plus the fact that getting Talon of the field was only minutes away seemed to make the choice logical for Zya.

For the next twenty four hours, Talon was touch and go. But thanks to Visst's help and the hands of medical driods and a bocatank, Talon pulled through. During her recovery she had many visits from her troops but none were as common as Zya. Zya had many long and private conversations with Talon over the next forty eight hours. It took a direct order from Talon to get her unit back out on patrol. She wanted to make sure that everyone knew the assassin had failed to keep the 121st from their duties. Reluctantly, Zya got the unit back out on normal patrols. But everyone knew that the 121st was angry at the assassination attempt. The 121st was looking for blood and many thought that they went out and found it.

Four days after the assassination attempt on their leader, another unit from the 193rd entered the village that Talon and her unit had visited four days before. This time however, what they reported was truly an atrocity. The villagers had all been murdered, their corps burned, live stock slaughtered, and the wells poisoned. The entire village had been burned to the ground. The platoon Lieutenant went on record saying, “It was if someone wanted to wipe this little village from history.” The destruction of the village was complete and total. The affects spread through the region casting fear among the locals as the story spread of who everyone thought was behind it.

From the reports, everyone had believed that the Demon ordered the destruction of the villagers even though the man who had tried to kill her wasn't a member of the village. He had been hiding there from Republic Forces. It was Daz who looked through the force and saw the events of that sad night. It was clear that the attackers were Republic soldiers. There was no doubt in anyone minds of this fact. All the evidence proved beyond any doubt that Republic soldiers committed the crime. Zya's unit had been on patrol in the area of the village that night. But even through the Force, no one could prove it was her unit that was involved. When questioned by both the Jedi and military investigators, Zya did prove that she was telling the truth about not being involved in the attack on the village. However it was learned when questioned about her conversations with Talon that she was hiding something. Had this horrible war finally taken a toll on even the Elite Immortals? Some had their reasons to believe it did.

The Immortals were officially recalled from their operational duties and transferred back to the Capital City for administrative duties. Once back at the Capital City, an official review was called. It was the Grand Army's stand that Talon had from her medical bed, gave the order for Zya and her unit to assault the village and massacre the villagers. There were issues in the interviews of Lefty, and Holiday as well as Talon regarding conversations that happened in private that showed that the three were hiding something. It was proven that they were not lying about the Village, but they were hiding something. And no one knew what that something was. Finally after being pressured by the Grand Army's reviewing Officer, they all claimed religious privileges and asked that they be advised by a Azgardian Priest. Once more Captain Pryde was called to Baklid 6, this time to assist in the interviews. After speaking with the four privately in a secured area, Captain Pryde informed the commander of the review that what the four had talked about had nothing to do with the village or the assault and was protected. The commander of the review was not satisfied with this and asked for an official inquiry about the massacre. This act of disregard for Azgardian law outraged many of the loyal 501st and Marine units within the system. The Grand Army had over stepped its bounds and friction was starting to show.

During the weeks of the inquiry, Visst had horrible nightmares. Because of these nightmares he spent hours working with Nezial. He wanted her help to focus on the voices that she claims are spirits. He could almost feel that he was making progress. It was thanks to this progress that he was able to gather what he could from the last nightmare, he was walking down a corridor with large red arches that ran from the floor and reached up to the center of the hallway. He was alone walking through the decks of some strange ship. He had been here before but could not understand the meaning right away. He walked in to the room he had expected at the end of the corridor. But to his surprise he stepped in to a void. He saw an image of Talon blind folded singing upon some large cliff. She was singing that song again. He could hear her voice clearly as if she was right next to him.

“now that I know what I’m without, you can't just leave me, breathe into me and make me real
bring me to life” She sang out loud to those watching her on stage. With each movement of her body he saw black mists of something lurching at her and grabbing her. They were trying to pull her over the edge of the cliff in to the darkness of unknown. Visst could see bright blue lines of hope holding out from him and others keeping her on this side of the cliff.

As she sang, Visst could see other images of her. Not the woman who had a voice that beckoned others to listen to. He saw the warrior that he knew all too well. Each image showed her at different ages within her life. From the days after her mechanical birth, he saw the first words spoken to her by some Warrior. “This one is too small, she will never survive training” he said walking past her. He saw her training as a child warrior and how she was pushed to the point of near death. He could see her life as others wanted her to fail but she refused to let them be right about her. Her entire past was nothing but training for war and killing. It was something that she had become very good at. Visst saw her first kill as a young child. He watched her first combat mission as a teenager and watched as she become the woman that he knows now.

He saw her through her enemies eyes, how she was truly a terror on the battlefield. But her song played on. He was blasted with dozens of images at one time of her killing, fighting, killing, fighting. Being the warrior that she was trained to be. One by one all the images faded till all there was, was her voice singing and the image of her tossing Daz over a old truck. He saw that day back on Yavin IV in its complete and detail horror. He could feel the rounds rip through her body as if it was his own. he watched as her life left her body as coldness slowly came over him. He saw the grips of the black mist things become loss as her spirit broke free from them. Her spirit drifted from those black mist things to join the force. He saw his own actions, but they were not only his. He was added by his force guide. Together to two of them pulled her spirit back in to her body and breathed life back in to her. He could feel a book that had been completed become opened once more.

Once more the images of her actions filled the void about him. Her actions and suffering right up to the review and inquiry. As she moved from one day to the next, those black mist things attacked her spirit once more trying to pull her over the edge of the cliff. Once more those bright blue lines of hope holding her on this side of the cliff. Visst looked around to see a very think line of hope. It was just there out of her reach. He could see her reaching for it as she sang but each time she moved closer it moved further away.

It was then he heard her song change, Something else. Something he had heard before. He tried to focus on the words but the sounds of the other images drowned out her words. He looked at the image of her singing only to see her face before him. He could see her tears washing down her face as she felt herself losing the battle and being dragged ever closer to the edge of the cliff. He knew this song, but not here. He had heard it a hundred times. It was a favorite of his late Master's. Even the voice was right within it. This was the link he had been looking for!

“To cross out what I've become, Erase myself, And let go of what I've done” She sang on as her tears washed down her blind folded face. Her feet now at the very edge of the cliff with more of those black mist like things gripping her tightly and pulling her backwards. Does she know this was the end for her?

Visst took a moment to look at all the images before him. None of them were the truth of what he was seeing. They were only what the moment was showing him. He knew in that second what was the truth!

Waking from the nightmare vision he rolled from his bed in a rush. He reached under his bed and pulled out the case that he guarded with his life. He opened it and lifted up one of the holocroms and activated it. He knew what he was looking for. The reason why his master loved the song was because of the story of the singer. He smiled as he found what he was looking for. She was a famous singer from the world of Mandalore who had a gift in her voice. As he looked more deeply now he saw the connection between Talon and this singer. Fiolla Sarkin was her name and the two could be twins. She had angered a Hutt and had fallen in to the cross hairs on one of his assassins. The Jedi were asked by a Senator to over see her protection while the Hutts could be reasoned with. During this time, a young Jedi Knight by the name of Daye Mayn was assigned to her as protection.

During the crisis, Ms. Sarkin and Jedi Knight Mayn had become very close. When the assassin had finally come to claim the singer's life, the Jedi was able to protect her and kill the assassin. It was much later that the scandal finally broke. The two had become secret lovers and had made ever effort to keep their affair secret from everyone. Sadly, she was a famous singer and he was a Jedi Knight. It was bound to come out. The young Jedi had been given a choice, the Order or his lover. Knowing that his love for her was greater then his dreams of being a Jedi, she preempted his choice by forcing an argument. She knew that being a Jedi was all he had ever wanted. So she made sure he would keep his dream by breaking it up with him. She vowed never to see him again and during the nasty break up she never let a single tear show. The two never saw each other again, nor did he ever let go of his love for her. When he was killed on a mission, she was at his funeral. The next morning she was found dead in her resort suite. She had taken her own life the night before. In a letter she left behind, she confessed her love for the one man that held her heart. She begged for forgiveness for lying to him.

Many had wondered if the actions of the council were justified in breaking the lovers up. But they had remained true to the ruling of the council till their deaths. Visst looked up the Jedi's name and was sad to find, there were no such persons in this universe that matched who he was looking for. However he found something else very fascinating. Daye Mayn had been a war orphan and adopted by a childless Kel Dorian couple. The father who raised and helped Daye get in to the Order was named Ord Murl.

Visst was pulled from his readings by his comlink, “Visst! Oh My God” he heard Angel say, “Its Daz he is missing!”

It had only been a a couple of weeks since the Immortals had been recalled to the Capital City. Things within this war had gone from bad to worse over night and there was nothing he could do to stop it. He hated this feeling of being out of control of such chaos. To past the time, he had been doing research on the assassin back in the core worlds. Surprisingly, the assassin had not made any new hits during the nearly six months Daz had been away. This unto itself was a clue, but Daz could not put his finger on what it meant. Frustrated with the lack of information he headed out for a walk through the market place. He remembered how this was where he and Angel first meet the Shadow Stalkers in that shop.

While walking he was going over every little detail he knew. Hoping that maybe he had forgotten something. His comlink buzzed, “Yes?” he answered. The ID showed it was his contact.

“I have some news for you. First off, I found your contract on Captian Fiolla Heartman. No wonder why I missed it. No one took it seriously because of its low amount. Only a few credits. I would think that someone of her notoriety would bring in at least a few hundred credits if not a few thousand. Anyway, the name on the contract is a local Baklidian named, Sherre Dounia. At first I thought it was a joke but then I....”

Daz cut the man off, he already knew, “I know what it means. Thank you. Let me know if you have anything else on that Core Worlds Assassin.” Daz said. He heard the man answer but he was not listening. He just turned off his comlink. Sherre Dounia was Kel Dorian for 'He will come.' 'Shite' he thought to himself. All this time everyone thought that Talon was the target but the contract was meant for him to pick up. He opened up his data pad ad brought up the contract that his contact had just sent to him. He looked over it carefully. He knew what he was looking for and it didn't take long for him to find it. Hidden very nicely within the payment details was the message he was looking for.

Thanks to the help that Lysire had given him in the art of cyphers and codes, he was able to pick up the message. It was very cleverly hidden. Only one person would know him so well to send such a message. It was, Adi Terrik. She was a classmate of his back at the academy. They shared a number of classes together and even helped each other out during tests and projects. Like him she was an investigator at heart but unlike him she started out as a guardian and then moved up from there. She was very clever and very devoted to the study of the Unifying Force. He had not seen or heard from her since the Jedi Civil war broke out. He nodded looking at the message, 'the rumors were true, you did join them' he thought about her actions.

It was in that moment that he got a feeling. He turned just in time to see a man level a blaster at him. Daz reached for his lightsaber but it was too late. The man had the drop on him. The weapon fired and hit Daz with the full force of the stun setting. Daz fell backwards to the ground. He heard someone scream out as he fought to maintain consciousness. He felt the man searching his body and pulling things off. A second man yelled, “Hurry up!” Daz heard the sounds of a lightsaber deflecting blaster fire. The man searching Daz flipped him over and bound Daz's hands and then lifted Daz up over his shoulders. As the men ran down the streets Daz could see a dead Royal Soldier in the street. Daz's eyes slowly closed as they carried him down the street.

He was not sure how long he had been out, but he was surely bound to some chair. Daz opened his eyes to see he was in some unused kitchen. He saw cobwebs near the ceilings and the place had been ransacked. He could tell that there was allot of moisture in the air. It was uncommon for the location of the city. Daz also noticed that under a large tarp was crates of military grade explosives and other modern weapons. He took in ever detail he was see, hear and smell. As Daz looked around he saw the man that stunned him. The man put down his paper and got up. He walked to a door and opened it slowly, “He's awake now” The man said in to the other room.

Daz was not surprised to see Adi walk in with three other Jedi. She shook her head, “I am sorry about all this Daz but we have to talk. It is really important” she said then motioned to the others, “Untie him.” She then looked back to Daz, “All I ask is that you hear me out. If you wish, once we are done you are free to go. You have my word, my friend” she said. There was dread in her voice. Over a year ago, her word would have meant something. But that was before Jedi killed Jedi. Daz was not sure if he could trust her or not. They were close friends before. He trusted her before. But that was then and this is now.
06-13-2013, 08:41 AM,
(2.8) Night of the Reaper
Night of the Reaper
Senator Quarters
Coruscant

Darap'Rar drew his eyes up from the datapad and smiled towards the two Twi'lek women. For longer then he cares to remember he had served his people in the Galactic Senate. He had survived assassinations, votes of confidence and even temptations to lead him in to scandal. His beloved wife was murdered by his enemies and his only son kidnapped. He has always placed the needs of his people above his own. Finally all the efforts of his enemies to stop his work will become useless. The work of him and all those that bled along side him will finally be paid off with tomorrow's vote in the Senate. “Your words are as a song on the wind to my ears." He said towards the older of the two women. He had worked so hard to get the votes that were needed to pass this bill. Sadly however, slavers have deep pockets and Senators have long greed streaks within them. But now these two former slave girls were going to become his secret weapon in the ongoing slave wars.

The oldest of the two was the most dare to him, he knew her life story better then anyone. Born in to slavery, beaten and abused as a slave till she was a young adult. Then she was freed by the man that would later become her husband. Her journey in to freedom was a trip through hell and then in to the light of freedom. But the two had accomplished the journey together. Their lives had been touched and their love grew deeper than he had ever seen in any couple before or since. Together they brought a healthy son in to this world and she held great pride in that young man. Her husband had been a man of vision, honor and deserving of great respect. He was Darap'Rar personal aide and close friend. It was just a year ago, tomorrow, that her husband was murdered in an assassination plot against Darap'Rar. The assassination was aimed at him, sadly the assassin had missed his mark and his dear friend lost his life. Darap'Rar personally held the blame for her loss and since that time had looked out for her and her son as best as he could.

"Your husband would be so proud to have his work being finished by you" Darap'Rar said softly. Her husband had been a long time crusader for Twi'lek rights and anti-slavery laws. It was because of their work for tighter laws governing the treatment and exploitation of slaves that triggered the assassination attempt. "Tomorrow when you speak before the Senate you will surely sway the votes we need to pass this bill" he said then turned to the younger of the two former slave girls. "And for you to be here during this will show the Hutts as a whole that our voice will not be ignored any further.” stepping forward and placing a hand on her shoulder, “It takes great courage to stand up before your former master and abuser and speak out against him for what he did to you." Ann was the youngest of the two and had been rescued from slavery only a few months ago. She was the personal slave of Cussuan The Hutt, and the Hutt Representative to the Galactic Senate. She had been targeted for rescue after word slipped out of her plight. Darap'Rar and Tann K'awil had personally funded and carried out the operation to rescue Ann.

The Ann smiled softly, "Thank you Senator. I owe Tann" she said as she gazed gratefully at the woman standing next to her, "my life and my freedom. If not for her, I would still be in chains at his palace." She smiled as the thought of this bill passing crossed her mind. It was ground breaking legislation that would allow Republic to reach beyond its own boarders to rescue slaves taken against their wills and force all slavers to prove that slaves were not taken from Republic worlds. It would also ensure that slavers such as Cussuan the Hutt could not keep slaves while he is residing on Coruscant. There was so much that this legislation could do for so many. She was excited to be a part of this moment in Twi'lek history.

Darap'Rar nodded with pride. These two women had beat the odds and the Hutts at their own game to be here today. Tomorrow they would speak before the entire Senate as special guests and he was sure that the votes he needed would be there for the bill to be passed in to law. He turned to the two Jedi behind him, "do you see Master Jedi. You speak of assassins and threats against us. How can I dare stop their speeches tomorrow. They have endured so much, face greater odds then I dare imagine. Only to be here for this moment in our history. I can not take this moment from them" he said with pride and happiness. The threats were real and even Darap'Rar had to admit it. But he could not stop now, so many times had this bill been put up and so many times the slavers had intermediated speakers and Senators alike. 'No! This time we must not be scared of them. We must stand strong!' he thought to himself.

Ann looked deep in to the eyes of the veteran Master Jedi as she stepped forward, "I am sure you understand what hardships a slave such as I have been through Master Jedi. I was born a slave and never knew freedom till a few months ago. The things HE " she said with disdain on her face, "made me do for him. The fear I lived in for months after my freedom. I need this. I need to look him in his large beady eyes and tell him that he no longer controls me. I have to tell him that I am free of his intimidation, free of him" She said defiantly and with fierce determination to the Zabrak Jedi Master.

Nop'Plan looked at the three carefully. The facts were true, the vote tomorrow could affect hundreds of thousands if not millions. However the threat was also very real. Jedi Investigators had managed to uncover the plot to kill the Senator and his two guests before the vote. They had learned that a lone assassin had been hired by the Hutts to commit the murders. Grand Master Quaad had personally ordered the protection detail and hand picked the team that would lead it. Nop'Plan had thought his career was over when he and his team refused to take the Grand Master's new oath, but then this mission came up. Nop'Plan and the Grand Master both understood the importance of tomorrow's Senate vote. He was honored to be part of such an important moment in history. However he could feel the dark hand of fate reaching over everyone. He turned to his Kel Dor Padawan and a bodyguard, "Jern, you two, check the balcony again. Make a full sweep and report back here."

The Padawan and bodyguard both nodded and walked towards the entrance to the balcony. Nop'Plan then turned to another member of his team, "go and check up on Drallon and the two bodyguards with him, make sure they are okay. I want them to keep a full sweep of the lifts and hallways." he directed to the seasoned Jedi Knight before him. The woman nodded silently and turned for the front door of the suite. Nop'Plan looked around at the two remaining bodyguards and a Bounty Hunter. They knew a lone killer was on his way, but they didn't know who, when or how. Decades of experience told him that they had to be successful the entire time during their watch. While their would be assassin needed only be successful once.

Something wasn't right and he could feel it right down to his bones. The force was guiding him and he could feel it. Calming himself while he focused on blocking out distractions so that he could open himself up to the force. His eyes closed softly as his mind explored his feelings. He could feel the force speaking to him. It was now clear as to what it was saying to him. It was a dire warning of the moment. He could see now what was to come and 'Oh my god!' he thought as his eyes snapped open. His vision shift to Honi who was as that moment reaching the front door. "NO! don't open the door!" But it was already too late.

Honi heard the door hiss open as she looked back at Nop'Plan. The dread on his face forced her to look back at the now open door. She saw the bodyguard before her and then his readied light repeater. She seemed confused for a millisecond till the figure behind him came in to focus. It was too late as the light repeater opened up on her. The blaster shots ripped through her body killing the Jedi Knight as the body fell to the floor. The deadly fire spread throughout the living room of the suite while the fully armored attacker tossed the body of the bodyguard aside to continue spraying blaster fire. Two of the bodyguards were caught completely flatfooted and took the full brunt of the light repeater's fire. They fell where they stood just moments before the door opened. Nop'Plan and the Bounty Hunter had not been caught flatfooted and were able to dodge the incoming fire.

Nop'Plan leaped in to action as he sprang across the room drawing out his lightsaber. He activated it as it whipped through the air. Its hum filled the air with a sense of security as he swung it at the attacker's weapon. The attacker had been taken by surprise as the experienced Jedi Master moved to sunder the large weapon. The attacker was forced to release the weapon or loss its arms and hands in the Jedi's attack. The attacker ducked to avoid the Jedi's second attack as it released the weapon. It also reached out with both hands and placed something on each side of the open door. The light repeater now littered the floor at the door as the combat continued.

The Twi'lek Bounty Hunter won the momentum next as he drew out his twin pistols and opened fire! Heavy blaster fire filled the entry way as both Jedi and attacker dove for cover. The Bounty Hunter landed a few solid hits but nothing that would take the attacker down. The Jedi Master knew he could lunch another attack but choose to let the attack make its move first and held the advantage. The attacker made its move next as it leveled both hands, one at the Jedi Master and the other at the Bounty Hunter, and fired a pair of large metal dart at each. Nop'Plan's lightsaber made short work of the dart meant for him, but the Bounty Hunter had no such luck. The dart hit him in his chest armor and electricity surged through him. Nop'Plan took the advantage to reacted to the attacker's vicious attack on the Bounty Hunter. He stepped forward and swung his lightsaber, cutting the thin cords that powered the dart. The Bounty Hunter would survive this battle but he was out of this fight. Already the attacker was drawing the right pistol from its holster.

Nop'Plan took the initiative next as he swung his lightsaber at the attacker. To his surprise the attacker whipped the pistol high in to the air as it reached out with both hands and grappled his lightsaber arm. With the attacker grappling his lightsaber arm, the attacker was committed to its actions while Nop'Plan had other force options. And he knew just want to do next as he smiled, he had the attacker. In combat, victory and defeat all fell to momentum and who won it. In this critical moment, Nop'Plan lost the momentum of combat.

The attacker drew back its right arm as it held his saber arm with its left hand. Twisting Nop'Plan's arm slightly the attacker slammed its right fist in to Nop'Plan's right elbow, shattering it. Nop'Plan screamed out with pain as the attacker dipped low and vanished behind him. Nop'Plan felt his arm being wrenched behind his back. The next thing he saw was the blade of his very own lightsaber piercing his own torso. Nop'Plan let out a muffled groan as the lightsaber moved side to side for added injury then he fell to the ground. He looked through his blurred vision to see his Padawan and the last of the bodyguards rush in to the room. He tried to scream out a warning but his voice failed him.

Jern entered the room just in time to see his Master fall before the attacker. The attacker spun around to face him as it reached out with its right hand to catch a blaster pistol that had fallen from the large vaulted ceiling. The attacker fired as Jern activated his lightsaber and deflected the blaster fire. The shot nearly hit the attacker as he deflected it. The attacker rushed forward as Jern tried to survey the situation. He had the momentum for the moment but caution turned in to indecision and cost the inexperienced Padawan the moment. The attacker tossed its blaster to its left and and fired it while it spun. The Padawan readied himself for the incoming blaster fire. He made a classic rookie mistake, failure to see the full attack coming. The blaster fire was easy for Jern to deflect. As the attacker spun and gained speed it unleashed a large combat knife ripping through the air.

The blaster fire deflected easily as Jern smiled, he never saw the blade ripping through the air. It was large enough, being nearly twenty five centimeters long in just the blade. But the young Padawan never let his focus drift from the decoy blaster fire. The blade hit him completely horizontal across the bridge of his nose and sunk right to the hilt guard. The force of the blade hitting him lunched the Padawan over a large piece of furniture behind him. The Padawan was dead before he ever realized the mistake he made. The bodyguard who was with the Padawan had time to see what had happened and knew that fighting would only lead to his death. He just stood there as the attacker walked up to him. He closed his eyes hoping that the attacker would show mercy. There would be no mercy for anyone this night. He never drew up his weapon as death came coming for him.

The attacker walked up to Darap'Rar who now was standing up from behind some near by furniture. “Here, I have credits.” he said holding out nearly a million credits in both hands, “Take my life, but let them walk out of here with their lives.” He said with his hands were shaking. He had every right to be scared. Right before his eyes, two Jedi Masters, a seasoned Jedi Knight, their Padawans, a high priced Bounty Hunter and his personal guards had all been killed within seconds by one attacker. “Please take my life, I accept this. But let them live. They mean nothing to you. This can end right here. I promise.” he said holding his hands out filled with credits.

The fear in the room could be cut with a knife as seconds turned in to lifetimes. The attacker took a moment to stare at the offering. Nearly a million credits was a great amount, but the orders were clear. 'No one in the room survives the night.' The attacker reached out with its hand and swatted the Twi'lek's hand away sending the offering scattering across the floor. Darap'Rar gasps in horror as Tann in a last act of self sacrifice lunged between Ann and the attacker. The Attacker drew out its second blaster pistol. The Reaper had come for them and it would not be denied tonight.

Captain Lirin would not loss another member of the Senate to an assassin again. He and his five man team ran down the hall as they heard lightsabers whooshing through the air and blaster fire. Then there was unsettling silence followed by some more blaster fire. They saw the bodies outside the suite as they approached the suite. The front door was closed, “Control, we're in position. What do you have!?” he said in to his communicator.

“Sir, there is one attacker at the far side of the room near the bay windows. I read a few survivors we are dispatching medical personal now. The attacker is just standing there. Not sure what he is doing but he is just standing there” The man at control said in a calm state.

Captain Lirin nodded, “Okay we are going in on three.” he said as he readied his blaster, “One, two, three!” he said as the door was opened by the Control Operator. Captain Lirin was the only one that was able to enter before they realized their mistake. They each heard the loud beeping too late to react. He looked down to see the device on the side of the door. “BOMB!” was all he could get out just as the explosion filled the entry area. The two devices the attacker had planted on the inside of the door and the four near the ceiling in the hallway ensured that help would pay for their rapid response. The blast blew Captain Lirin head first in to the living room.

Captain Lirin blinked several times to clear the blood from his eyes. He saw the attacker break the large window at the front of the suite with its elbow. He couldn't hear control but he knew that they were calling demanding an update. He watched as the attacker blasted from the suite with some kind of jet pack on its armor. But that is not what got his attention. He saw rolling on the floor a little canister. He looked around and saw five more. He screamed out in anger.

The attacker rocket from the suite in to the heavy traffic of Coruscant as a fire ball erupted from the suite. The fires from the military grade incendiary grenades would ensure that no one would survive the suite or nearby hallways. Later reports would show that the attacker vanished without a trace leaving behind a path of death of the likes never seen before by the Senate or the Jedi. In the end, it would be the Twi'lek people who would suffer the most as two great spirits for their freedom and betterment had been snuffed out. Behind as the fires raged, the fate of so much would now hang in the balance. Darap'Rar had it wrong, the assassin was not there for him alone. It was there for their historical moment. It was there to ensure that change for the Twi'lek people would not come on this day. It was there for one reason and one reason only, to spread fear!