The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visitors coming for dinner
10-24-2021, 01:22 PM,
Visitors coming for dinner
This is the opening for an In Between for Kaleb. Please feel free to enjoy the work
Attachment file type: document
1.10_Visitors_coming_for_Dinner.docx
27.47 KB
Kaleb Wren — 05/12/2021
Lysire didn't have far to run as Kaleb was finishing a sweep of the perimeter of the Shadow Dancer. "Woo slow down what's the rush?" he asked her.
TheTraveler — 05/12/2021
Lysire held out the paperwork she had out together. "We have incoming visitors. About an hour, maybe more." She waited for him to review her work before overloading him with more details.
Kaleb Wren — 05/12/2021
"Can't you just tell me instead of handing me all of this?" he asked but was already starting to read it. "This isn't good."
TheTraveler — 05/12/2021
@Kaleb Wren

She drew in a deep breath, "eight Low Altitude Assault Transports, six under the flag of the Baklid Planetary Defense Force and Two Republic left Rotterdam Airbase about thirty minutes ago. They had two hundred and eighty eight personnel on board. While mostly infantry, there is usually high number of medics aboard."

She paused to take a deep breath before continuing.
Kaleb Wren — 05/12/2021
"Let's get the Shadow warmed up and ready to move. " he told her
TheTraveler — 05/12/2021
She frowned slightly that what he had asked for was cut off. Still, she nodded. "Sinya is already powering up the Shadow for flight."

She motioned towards the village, "what about the others."
Kaleb Wren — 05/12/2021
Kaleb was already removing his comlink from his belt and showed it to her. "That's what these are for." he said and then turned it on "Kaleb to party." he said not wanting to say names on an open channel. "We have a bunch of hostiles inbound."
TheTraveler — 05/12/2021
She lowered her head suddenly feeling foolish that she had missed his hand pulling out the comlink. Her eyes drifted up to his as she watched him speak. He was about her age and so much beyond his years. Like her, he wasn't what he appeared to be. Like her, he was so much more. She suddenly felt her cheeks warm as she caught herself gazing in to his eyes. She cleared her throat, "sorry," she said softly and slipped in step behind him as he started to make his way to the shadow.

After what could only be described as a heart wrenching eternity, she broke the awkward silence between them, "there is one other thing. Something I couldn't unravel. In the communication between the pilot and the control tower, I heard something in the background. Another conversation between three maybe four men. A name was mentioned, but I couldn't dig anything up on him. A Mr. Stefan Grósz, was the name. But there is nothing there for me find."
Kaleb Wren — 05/12/2021
"And Sinya didn't recognize the name?" he asked her.
TheTraveler — 05/12/2021
Lysire motioned to the report, "it wasn't within the report," she said softly then added as if to answer the next question she knew would be coming. "There was nothing to report. Just a name." She didn't dare look up at him, as she feared him seeing through her eyes and know her feelings. She wondered if he knew, if he would reject her. She watched him with that strange local girl. But then again, she saw the way that local girl looked at him. She wondered if that girl would try to take him away from her.

'away from you,' she scolded herself. 'You haven't done anything to earn him,' the voice in her mind demanded. 'Though you could kill her and ensure that she doesn't,' Lysire suddenly felt a cold shiver run down her back that caused her to tremble slightly. 'No' she commanded the voice beyond her thoughts.
Kaleb Wren — 05/12/2021
"We'll figure out who he is later." he told her. "Oh and before I forget... good job on getting this." he told her
TheTraveler — 05/12/2021
There was disappointment in his voice, she just knew it. Her eyes drifted down to his footprints in the dirt behind him. Her mind raced with who she had failed him. Her imagination ran wild with how angry he could or should be at her. Her mouth opened to apologize when he spoke again. Her eyes lit up as if the world around her had come out from behind some great astral body and was bathed in the warmth and glow of his praise. Her eyes filled with the brightness of his praise and for that moment, all of her nasty little voices fled the warmth and glow that was Kaleb Wren. Her Kaleb Wren...the man that saved her from death. The man that she loved. Well, the only man that she ever loved.

Her shoulders lifted her eyes moved up to the back of his head and she dared smile. It was a girlish smile filled with the hope and promise of his affection. But she dared not ruin the moment. She closed her mouth and did her best to hide her excitement. She simply nodded when he glanced back at her. But the moment his eyes were off her, she allowed herself a moment of victory. Dancing her head side to side with a grin across her face, she took her proverbial victory lap. Then once it had passed, she settled back to keeping pace behind him. Her heart and eyes, the only reflection of how wonderful her mood had become.
@Players of New Horizons (OOC: So this is happening around the Shadow Dancer. So anyone in the area, Ava, Tesara, or Rythmicjea can make a Spot Check DC 15 or a Listen Check DC20 to see or hear what is going on. Nova, I am not sure where your character is, so I will assume you are near the Shadow Dancer so this applies to you)
Lady Ryne Roke — 07/22/2021
@Tesara Anerin ((the word thing))