The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morning report-Durro & Chieftan 5/15/21
10-24-2021, 01:23 PM,
Morning report-Durro & Chieftan 5/15/21
After spending the evening realizing he can do nothing for his sister, Durro asks to see the Chieftain; to report what happened at the "elite Republic facility." He is shown where he may find the village leader and so Durro enters and bows, dressed once more in his village attire, his "elite" garb safely aboard The Shadow should he need it again.
"I've returned from the resort." Durro says, looking up from his respectful bow. "A lot has happened, so there's much to discuss."
(@TheTraveler)
(I may not reply right away, I am still busy but I wanted to start this so I can add to it when I have a moment.)
TheTraveler — 05/15/2021
The Chieftain Nguyên Châu nods, "So I have heard. there is much going on." He stood there over looking the village with a great concern on his face. "We do have much to discuss," he said softly. He motioned to a large hut that appeared new. Durro had seen the construction of the new hut before. Now that it was finished, it looked different than the rest of the huts in the village. "For the first time in memory, we are hosting the Clan Elder of Phu Cuong. Their party arrived late last night. They wish to use our river, we need their help to fight the Republic. Weeks of negations has yielded little. I fear that they don't take our needs seriously. It is customary in such dealings to make an exchange of hostages to ensure both parties keep their word."

He smiled over at Durro, "I have asked instead to seal our negotiations with bonds of marriage." His face frowned as he turned his attention back to the village. "They insulted us by offering us one of their captive Outlander girls as their side of the marriage agreement." He turned from the window and walked over to a large wooden chair. Taking a deep breath, "had I not met you, I suppose I would have simply refused them and sent them away. It was meant as an insult and that is how it was taken among the other Chieftains. But certain promises were made, and I did meet you. So I convinced the other Chieftains to at least try to listen. Tomorrow there will be a large feast in this girl's honor. I will treat her as if she is born of our blood."

He leans forward as his hand rubs his bread softly, "Diệu Phúc, a fellow Chieftain and good friend of mine has agreed to accept this girl's hand in marriage. He is a good man. His late wife was an Outlander, and so he is accustom to their ways." He laughed slightly as he brought his attention back to Durro, "you would like him. He thinks much like you do. Though I guess time will do that to a brave man."
@Durro Thel-Tanis
rythmicjea — 05/15/2021
(a well educated, highly talented, "outsider")
Durro Thel-Tanis — 05/15/2021
Durro listens carefully, smiling at the mentions of "outlanders."
"I'm glad I was able to have a positive effect on your view of outsiders. I only hope it is not premature. My people have their share of snakes and backstabbers as well."
At this, he glances down at the floor briefly.
"I failed my mission. I promised to investigate the 'kidnapping' of your people, but before I could act once inside the resort I found that The Guardian, the one called 'The Path,' had arrived and made arrangements to free all of your people. Some of his followers wanted to kill all of the outlanders. The Guardian talked them down, though they had captured several of them and held them for ransom. I negotiated a meeting between The Guardian and a high-ranking outlander, but she betrayed their word once the hostages were freed and a Jedi Hunter killed The Guardian. I failed to free your people, failed to negotiate a peaceful resolution to the attack, and failed to prevent the death of The Guardian. To be honest, I'm not sure I can negotiate peace between your people and The Republic, as I have said I wish to. I couldn't protect anyone at the restort."
Durro sighs heavily and lowers his gaze again, seemingly in thought.
(@TheTraveler)
TheTraveler — 05/15/2021
He leaned back, "no my friend, you should not feel as such. You have failed no one."

He motioned to the jungle, "if the rains can't stop the fire, has the rains failed or was the fire meant to be?"
@Durro Thel-Tanis
"A fair point."
He looks out at the jungle, over the village and the new hut visible.
"So what happens now? Is there anything I can do to help?"
TheTraveler — 05/15/2021
He nodded and smiled, "I am glad I was able to raise a fair point. The man you speak of, known as Con đường," he says speaking the man's name in their native language. "He who calls himself the Path, is from the Low Lands of Europa. His untimely arrival to our lands came as a coincidence as when the Phu Cuong arrived. I heard that his army is vast and would serve to be a great help to our fight against the Republic." He frowned as he spoke, "There is much bad blood between the tribes." He shook his head, "it is why such negotiations were so important."

"Can you help," he said repeating the question. "I don't think so. I trust you. But the other Chieftains don't. To them, you are still a Jedi." He frowned, "That and dealing with the Phu Cuong can be tricky. They have a history of betraying their own kin."
"I understand." Durro nods as he says this.
"Thank you, my friend. If I can be of any help to you, please let me know. As well as if there is any news about my Sister and/or The Speaker. I know they are one and the same now, but still. Old habits, I suppose."
Durro bows and then turns as if to leave.