The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contingency Plans 2/8/2022
03-13-2022, 07:19 PM,
Contingency Plans 2/8/2022
Durro Thel-Tanis — 02/08/2022
5 hours until planetfall.

Durro hopes Tesara is awake; getting ready for her first crack at navigating the Chaos. He once more stands before her door and sounds the chime.

"Tesara? May I come in?"
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara Anerin — 02/08/2022
Tesara gets up and answers the door.  She looks a little sleepy.  “Must’ve fallen asleep.”  She mumbles.  “Yes, come in. Is everything all right?”  He watches her shake off the drowsiness and come fully alert.
@Durro Thel-Tanis
"This... upcoming planet has me..." He pauses for a moment; "...not worried, exactly; I've accepted that all is as the Force wills it. It's a sense of disquiet. Foreboding perhaps, to a degree I've not felt since, well, since The Clone Wars."

"To that end, I wanted to make sure someone knew what to do if Astra and I fail to return. A contingency plan. I couldn't think of anyone I trust more with this."
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara feels a lurch of fear at the thought but closes her eyes, allowing it to dissipate.  When she has successfully set it aside, she nods.  “So you don’t want me to accompany you down there to help?”
@Durro Thel-Tanis
"Did we not talk about this?" He asks. "Maybe it was a dream after all..."

"Tesara, you have a duty to your pupil. Just like a young adult must move out from their parent's hut and make their own life, so too must a student move on from their master. Take a student of their own and pass on what they have learned. You're a master now, and Hadaza is your student. Your place is here, with her, as mine is on this world with my current apprentice."
@Tesara Anerin
“You did tell me that, Master Thel-Tanis.” she smiles a little sadly at him.  But although what you say is correct, I also swore an oath to protect Astra with my life. As long as my oath transfers to you during the time you are with her, then I will not ask again.”  She says quietly, then eyes him.  “What is this contingency plan?”
@Durro Thel-Tanis
"I do appreciate your oath; I only caution that you don't let it lead you to the dark side." He warns. "A 'transfter' is unnecessary, as a similar concept is part of the unspoken bond between a master and apprentice. On Tython for example; if the only way to ensure your escape was to lay down my life I'd have done so. You've made a similar commitment to Hadaza when you call yourself her teacher."

He sighs and continues.

"This contingency plan is simple. Should we fail to return I have left a small box in my quarters; tucked away. Follow the singing. You'll know what to do from there."
@Tesara Anerin
She raises one eyebrow at him. “That’s all you’re going to give me? Is it truly necessary to be that cryptic and vague?”  There is a hint of amusement there
@Durro Thel-Tanis
"All part of being a Jedi." He says with a grin. "A master, especially."

The grin fades and he looks down at his feet.

"I'm sorry, I know I was... more free with my words last night than I think I ever have been before in my life. I blame the fatigue."

"I don't want to dump on you again; best you only know if you need to. If I return, then all's well and things can continue as they are. Barring any hopefully positive change in Astra and myself."
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara crosses her arms and frowns.  "Durro you have no idea how much more I respect you now because you DID open up to me.  You are not a God, you are a human being.  You trusted me with your words and they won't go anywhere.  It was not dumping."  She says firmly.  "I think we've known each other long enough at this point to set aside any facade of being calm and in control all the time.  I had an entire conversation with Hadaza about the power of vulnerability and now I'm giving it to you too.  Stop. Being. Afraid. To. Be. Human."  she eyes him.  "Being too rigid will break you.  That's a lesson from the river.  We all believe in you and trust you no matter what.  Don't forget that."  She unfolds her arms and sighs.  "Astra chose well in asking you to be her teacher.  I have every faith that you will return to us."  She says.  "Singing holocron or no."  Once again there is a slight hint of amusement in her eyes.
@Durro Thel-Tanis
"Rigid like a statue." Durro says softly. Then he smiles; "That describes the Jedi I came from perfectly. I've not unlearned everything they taught me yet."

He straightens up.

"Alright, but remember, you asked for this. What's in the box is simply a pair of recordings; things I've learned that I'm not sure what to do with. As such, I've not shared and only wanted to pass it on if I am not around to hold it anymore. If you think I should share though; I'll trust your judgement, Master Anerin." The words are uttered with none of the sarcasm from the last time he said them.

"So, shall we start with your student, or with mine?"
@Tesara Anerin
She chuckles a little.  "I will leave the box where it is unless it is necessary to find it.  But it won't be."  She says calmly.  "And thank you.  That means a lot."  She says more quietly, meaning the granted title with no sarcasm.  It heals something within her and there is a warmth in her chest from it.  "Let's start with Astra."  She says.
"Of course, the hard one." He chuckles and sits back.

"I hope we have time for all of this."

He starts at the beginning, about establishing a link with Astra. The same ability that Atril taught him, that he and Tesara already use. He describes what he found in her memories as best as he can recall, focusing on the Force and reaching deep within himself when he needs too. He details his talks with Kiki, Saba, Aohd, Ar'alani, and Ashanti; their concerns and wisdom and descriptions of the memories they shared. As well as the promises made to Kiki in particular. (See #deleted-channel). Finally he ends his story with coming out of meditation and find Astra already waiting for him. Meaning she had disconnected, but he was still communicating with the others. After a moment to let her take it in, he asks;

"Feeling overwhelmed yet?" He smiles knowingly at her.

(((OOC: I know Traveler hates "Then I tell her everything" and honestly, I do too. However, we have both read the thread and Durro is being 100% open and forthcoming. I see no reason to retype everything.)))
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara listens patiently to everything, her mind whizzing about like the remotes she used to practice on.  "If Astra was awake and 'disconnected' as you say but you were still within her mind, that is..."  She shakes her head.  "Quite shocking. But it does explain SO much.  And now that the antidote has been administered,  hopefully the rage Ashanti felt towards the professor will dissipate.  Then the others can return to normal, although what kind of normal is unknown."  She looks thoughtful.  "There is still the mystery of the ship she was on with Sol and the crusade ship."  She looks at him.  "This planet might cause an inadvertent side effect of releasing those memories and causing huge trauma.  Is Astra aware of all of this?"  She asks.
@Durro Thel-Tanis
"I plan on speaking with her once you are navigating and we have some time to rest." Durro says. "There's more though; a reason I plan on telling much, if not all of this."

He tells her about the spectral Astra at breakfast (vc-game-retcon-feb-05-2022), finishing with;

"...I recall in my studies at the Jedi Temple an obscure Force-ability to project your consciousness through time and space. The Force is not bound by such things, after all. I know nothing about the ability, just that some Force-discipline developed it. I can't even remember which one."

"I've decided to trust future Astra, which means telling her what I know. I had been keeping from her the knowledge that she 'changed the flow of the Force' because I still believe that the future isn't set. 'Always in motion is the future' as a great teacher of mine once said. If I'm trusting future Astra though; I need to tell her what she can do. I just hope it's not too late, and doesn't distract her from what's to come."

"What do you think?"
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara whistles low.  "The plot thickens.  I do agree with you that the future is always in motion.  I cannot see how it can't be,"  She mused.  "But this tells me that there are unknown depths to Astra's powers that will come into play soon.  I have always thought she was capable than she realizes."  She looks away, then back at him.  "Have you considered speaking to Ashanti and the others to warn them of what is coming?  Warn them to be aware that things may get difficult in a way that you cannot predict.  Is there even a way to do that?"  She laughs a little.  "We're stepping out into the unknown here."
@Durro Thel-Tanis
"I had not considered that, no." He mutters. "Do you think it necessary? Won't they know when I tell her? Though I suppose they have their own memories and experiences now..."
@Tesara Anerin
"If I were one of these people, trapped within Astra's body and she was about to go into a very Dark Side heavy place, I would want to know and be able to prepare.  If they know what she knows, then there is no need to speak to them specifically, unless they have questions.  What I do not want is for Ashanti to be so drawn to this world that without Astra's realization she...."  She blinks.  "Escapes?  That is not the right word though."  She frowns.  "I think when you meet with Astra you should alert her that the others have a right to know what is coming could be traumatic and dangerous."

@Durro Thel-Tanis
"Good idea. I'll get her input."

"Shall we move on to your student?" He asks with a smile.
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara nods, shifting to get more comfortable.  "Is there anything specific you would like to know about my time with her?"
(((Side note for this post that I forgot to include; Durro would have mentioned Astra's m-count when recounting that memory, and that the only other person he knows about from either universe with a count greater than 20,000 is Anakin Skywalker from their universe; The Chosen One. Who Tesara would be familiar with because of Durro's war stories (most of TCW, as per Traveler). Just FYI.)))
"Not unless there's something you want to tell me; though she did mention you have the sabacc cards she gave you and the book she found about them. Have you gained anything useful from them? I've not dabbled in cartomancy, so I thought I might take a look. Though that is up to you."
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara leans over and pulls the book and cards from within her trunk.  "I could tell she had slipped into obsession with these and thought some distance would help.  She is struggling very hard right now.  She makes huge leaps forward and then stumbles backwards a bit.  Her emotions are all over the place."  She sets the cards down and points to them.  "The book is folded where these cards are shown and explained.  Honestly, it's very thin and vague.  I've read them and they feel..."  She sighs.  "The message isn't meant for me, so I cannot understand it."  She leans back against her bed a little.  "She is susceptible to the Dark Side, but it is not by temptation.  I can see in her the earnest wish not to fall to it.  But her emotions are uncontrolled in every way. Durro, she feels everything.  I realized right away that despite LOOKING like she is an adult, in many ways she is only a few months old.  And children cannot control their emotions, which is how it is with her.  We work on it all the time.  Meditation and moving exercise seems to help."
@Durro Thel-Tanis
Durro studies the pages about each of the cards present.

"Then it seems you were right to remove them for a bit. You're on the right track, it's just going to take time. I did discover something myself; if you'd like to hear."
@Tesara Anerin
"Of course."  Tesara smiles.  "I would be grateful."
"Trying to unravel some of the mystery, she was the focus of my meditation the last morning we were planetside." His face flickers, then he grins. "This was right before my first real duel with Astra; the one she wouldn't stop talking about. I didn't realize Force-pushing me back was such a big deal."

He chuckles a bit, then leans back and closes his eyes. The Force stirs as he accesses his memory, wanting to get this exactly right. He recounts his vision ( #deleted-channel), adding;

"Lord Farfalla was the Grand Master of the Jedi Order after the death of Lord Hoth. He led the Jedi for about thirty or so years before his own death. The Aurek-class Fighter was a starfighter design used in the New Sith Wars; the same war Lord Hoth led the Army of Light in. This vision took place nearly a thousand years ago; not long into the Era of Lasting Light."
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara Anerin — 02/09/2022
Tesara stares in disbelief at Durro.  She closes her mouth, still utterly confused.  "Was it possible you saw Hadaza's ancestor?  She can't be immortal, and Zabrak's don't live THAT long!"
@Durro Thel-Tanis
Durro Thel-Tanis — 02/09/2022
"Freeze her and the others." Durro quotes from his vision. "She could be a clone, grown from the genetic material of the original. More likely in my mind, based on Ashanti's perceptions of her, is that she was frozen in carbonite and stored. I'm not sure what made The Crusade wake her up and bring her back, or if her memory was wiped by the Swarm or by the Crusade. I don't know, I only have more questions."

He leans towards her and continues.

"In the end, it's irrelevant. She is who she is now; a remarkable woman struggling to discover who she is in the midst of a war for the fate of the galaxy. A blank slate who is choosing to follow the ways of the Force, despite the constant lure of the dark side. I'm investigating because I'm curious and I can't help myself; and in case her past actions have consequences like on Ganiaria. I'm only telling you now because someone should know what I've uncovered if I don't make it back."

"She's your student and now you have the burden of knowledge on your shoulders." He smiles slyly and says, "Remember, you asked for it!"

"Whether you tell her any of this is or not is up to your discretion. On her own kind-of request; I've said nothing of this to Hadaza."
@Tesara Anerin
"Thank you."  She says, feeling that weight settle upon her shoulders.  "I agree that it is good information to have but does not change our current Hadaza in any way.  If she is a clone, it doesn't matter.  If she's been removed from carbonite and is in fact thousands of years old, it doesn't matter.  I appreciate the information but we move forward from here."  She sighs.  "The only thing I am concerned about is returning to the Outer Rim and chancing her being recognized.  I will think on it and be aware."  She stands.  "Is that all?  I would like to meditate on what I have learned."  she says, but it does not sound like a rude brush off.
@Durro Thel-Tanis
"A wise idea." Durro concedes, moving to leave. He turns instead and wraps his former pupil in a long, tight hug.

"I'm sure I'll wish you'd come with us at least once." He says softly. "But this test is for myself and Astra. I suspect this may be her Great Trial. Wish us all the best."
@Tesara Anerin
She hugs him back just as tightly, feeling a lump come into her throat at the idea of never seeing him or Astra again.  "If you need me, call me.  You know how, and you know I will come as quickly as possible.  I will be waiting for when you both return with hot tea and some cupcakes."  She says, her voice thick with emotion.  Her respect for him has grown so much in the last week.  She knows Astra will be safe with him, and that Astra as well will do all in her power to protect Durro as well.
"Safe journeys."
@Durro Thel-Tanis
They separate, and Durro clears his throat and smiles; the smile of a proud father with his grown daughter.

"May the Force be with you, Master Anerin."
@Tesara Anerin
"And with you, Master Thel-Tanis."  She says quietly
@Durro Thel-Tanis
He leaves her to meditate; the doors hissing shut behind him.
((End))
((Slow clap that was amazing!)))
/end