The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost of the Jedi 2/23/22
05-07-2022, 05:29 PM,
Ghost of the Jedi 2/23/22
Durro Thel-Tanis — 02/23/2022
After returning to his quarters, Durro cleans up and sits in the open flower (lotus) position on his bunk. On his table, Master Marr's holocron levitates and comes to life, its pieces clicking and turning and expanding away from it to allow the gatekeeper to manifest before him, greeting him and inquiring on the nature of the lessons he desires to learn.

"Good morning Master." Durro says quietly, but firmly. "I've a simple question this morning. 'What does it mean to be a Jedi'?"
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 02/23/2022
The image of Master Marr stood there before Durro and bowed to him in reaction. The image listened to the simple question.

"The Jedi are powerful guardians of order and justice in the galaxy, who, through intuition, rigorous training, and intensive self-discipline, are able to wield a supernatural power known as the Force."

Her face softened and smiled, "but you want more than the book meaning, yes?"

"One can say that to be a Jedi one must be selfless while the Sith are inherently selfish. Neither are true either."

She tilted her head and added, "the single hardest lesson one must master is understanding that even in the face of the Will of the Force, doubt will rise in us."

"The man Master Qui-Gon who taught me, told me that we must listen to the Will of the Force no matter how hard that path can be."

She looked in to Durro’s eyes as if gazing in to his very soul. "I watched my brothers and sisters die in a foolish war. I stood on the sidelines and waited till the Force guided my actions. It was the single hardest act I had to do. But in the hours that followed my actions being called upon, I knew it was for a greater purpose."

Shd paused then pointed, "you, were that purpose."

@Durro Thel-Tanis
Durro listens and returns his master's gaze.

"What is it you saw me becoming? Why was I your purpose?"
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 02/23/2022
The image shifted slightly, "the follow is from Master Marr's person Journal."

"Master Qui-Gon found me in long forgotten ruins," the image started to explain. "He told me of a strange world his training brought him to. At first I didn't truly believe him. But I was willing to allow him to show me. A place ruled by a darkness I had never seen before." She paused, "that isn't fully true. It was like nothing I had ever seen or even considered possible."

"The lost souls imprisoned by a singular point of anger, hatred and insanity."

Master Qui-Gon told me how this place was interconnected with our own galaxy. As the Living Force moves through its course ripples are created in the Cosmic Force. The same is true the other way around."

"During my visit to this place, I saw you. But not the child, the Padawan you were. But the strong Master you have yet to become."

"I saw you standing at a large pool next to a woman with long red hair," she explained.

"I went to approach, but Master Qui-Gon told me it wasn't time. That each step had to be taken in its series. Less the creature who seeks to break back in to the realm of the living, will succeed."

She frowned, "you had to be gently guided on these steps without interference, as you will do the same to others."

She blinked, "you through the help of someone else, will become a master of puppets, who will stop this evil. But you must live through the destruction if you are to know the steps that others must have taken."

@Durro Thel-Tanis
He is silent after this entry, listening contemplatively as it repeats. And again. And again. At the end of its forth cycle, he finally says;

"What if I choose to walk away? To leave the path of the Jedi? What if my attachments are too strong, and I choose them over being a Jedi?"
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 02/23/2022
The image shifted again, "do you think you are suffering from your attachments?"

She seemed thoughtful for a moment, "the path of the Jedi is hard enough, but the path few are called upon is even harder."

"If you walk away, there is no one else to walk this path. Each piece has been moved in to position for what is to come. And it will be moved again and again as the loop continues."

She frowned softly, "you can choose to stop walking the path. But rather you are a Jedi or not changes not your heart."

"The true question is, can you, without the support of the Jedi traditions and ideology, walk this path?"

@Durro Thel-Tanis
Again, Durro thinks for a long moment.

"It's an impossibility. The Jedi traditions and ideology are a part of who I am. I've never been anything but a Jedi."

"I chose my attachments; those I love, over that which I knew was right. I let the galaxy suffer so I could be with one who made me happy. That goes against the very foundation of what it is to be a Jedi."

He bows his head again.

"What path must I alone walk? Will my attachments and unwillingness to set them aside hinder what I am to do?"
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 02/23/2022
Master Marr nodded, "I loved my brother and sisters. I knew the identity of the Sith Lord that plagueis had found and trained. I could have saved them all."

"But that wasn't the Will of the Force. That would have been my own desires. And, you were needed here. To do what it is you must do here to save these people."

She frowned, "I can't answer that question for you. Only you can. I can tell you this, you will have to move peices on paths that will ensure their destruction in the Light."

She blinked at him, "can you guide one to becoming lost to save others?"

@Durro Thel-Tanis
Durro cannot hide the look on horror on his face at the idea.

"I... I don't... I never... No! No, I'd never purposefully lead one astray!" his voice climbs from a shocked low until he shouts as his former Master's image; "I've spent my life trying to preserve balance, to help people live as the Force intended!"

He gathers himself with a few deep breaths.

"If one must fall to save the galaxy, then that should be their choice; to sacrifice themselves for others. To be selfless. To be a Jedi."

He looks up to Master Marr with resolve.

"If the choice is mine alone, then I will be the one to fall. My choice, my sacrifice. I won't force another down that path; least of all with subterfuge. I'd be no better than Darth Sidious."
@TheTraveler
TheTraveler — 02/23/2022
She listens as her image shutters again, "the path before you has already started to unfold. What you need to do, and will have to do is already becoming clear to you."

She frowned, "your sacrifice is much more than the simple things you look at upon others."

"Do you think, ' purposefully leading one astray' is a sacrifice truly on the level of what you will endure yourself?"

She motioned to him, "would it be selfish or selfless? to follow your path knowing what the end will be at the cost of your very heart. Or shall you turn from the path that risks your own personal beliefs and let hundreds of trillions parish so that a monster shall be released upon all the Universes!"

@Durro Thel-Tanis
Conflict plays out across his face; the wheels are turning, countless possibilities playing out in his mind.

"You've given me a lot to think about." He says quietly. "Even dead, you still manage to push my buttons; to be infuriating."

"And yet... you have my undying respect."

The gatekeeper vanishes as the holocron snaps shut. The room, now much darker without the blue glow, shrouds his face in darkness. A darkness he feels pressing in on his very heart and soul.
/end